youtube.com/watch?v=3bgfpE9wzSg
youtube.com/watch?v=lzqzgBEutpE
youtube.com/watch?v=AJLUeL0wh7E
youtu.be/GM8tRdFaWS0
youtube.com/watch?v=O3K6AEiXOAE
youtu.be/T6ukHQ5TscY
youtu.be/eH6kYhuaaRA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cause you take an already good show and beat it with a shovel to the point where kids the ages of 8-12 never experience a good show like the old Teen Titans.

they turned a somewhat serious cartoon into a LOL SO RANDOM LE FUNNY cartoon

this seems to be the top complaint. I'll be honest it bothered me at first too but TTG has grown on me (I guess like a bad disease). there are so many references to the DC universe though I just love it. I just take it for what it is now knowing we will never get a real conclusion to old TT and really started enjoying this. I seem to be the only one who actually likes this who also liked old TT though.

Hatedoms usually overstep their bounds here and elsewhere, but if you are wondering why the hatedom grew so much here's some reasons of the top of my head:
>took a more or less serious show and made a completely flippant show in its place >targeting a new generation instead of growing with the old
>"YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW"
>marketed as hell, and no doubt in Hell as well
>flash animation
>morally subversive for the sake of a joke

Last time I checked though it's keeping CN afloat and I've laughed at some of their jokes before.

A truly bizarre art style.

The whole episode of Robin watching the Batcave was great, as was the episode with the team of Robins, and Starfire the Terrible. That being said, the show does some pretty awful cap too. I like this much more than the Weeboo Teen Titans cartoon.

Because it's bad.

>Last time I checked though it's keeping CN afloat
it certainly seems that way since CN is basically this and gumball now but with the ratings of TTG i'm suprised it's still kicking strong. I guess kids like it and they aren't the ones rating it on these sites.

gumball on the other hand is what is really keeping CN afloat imo.

not bad as new ppg

Nostalgia and entitled idiots who think CN should be targeting them instead of their primary demographic. The fact that it's successful added salt to the wound

For me it was the characters being complete assholes to each other. I just don't get it why CN decided to make them such jerks.

I would honestly like this "reboot" (if you can call it one) if it didn't crack a heavily immature joke that has no provision whatsoever to what the original Teen Titans was. On the art and animation side of things, I do think they look cute and slightly more polished for a newer generation. I would love to see the original Teen Titans in this medium of CEL-Animation.

It's not bad but ANYTHING can become obnoxious when it's overexposed as much as TTG is. The fact that's it's 90% of their programming/commercials really hurts it.

Similar to how Invader Zim was legitimately funny but the fanbase overusing the jokes make it annoying.

Well CN turning into Sponge Bob time spot wise sure hasn't help opinions change.

I think its mostly a mixture of "this thing killed Young Justice" and "not muh teen titans".

It can be pretty obnoxious too at points but what kids cartoon in this day and age isn't?

Personally, my disappointment is that there were other DC Shorts I would have rather seen make the jump to a full series instead, and even the Teen Titans shorts from those shorts had an art style and writing that didn't feel as too much of a drastic departure from the original show.

I do feel though that Teen Titans Go wouldn't be hated nearly as much if it wasn't pushed in our faces with it taking up 80% of the schedule and the "YOUR FAVOURITE SHOW" marketing. If scheduling was balanced with all shows, it would just have some disdain over what it became, but at least we would have other shows to cancel it out a bit.

It's certainly nowhere near as bad as Nu PPG or Johnny Test for two examples.

I think the main reason is because the old fanbase feels that it's a huge wasted potential. the old TT cartoon never really had a satisfying conclusion, and was pulled off air.

Just like any other show, it's not that there weren't any people willing to work on it and continue the canon, but because of IP laws you can't actually continue where they left off.

Now, I'm not an expert on these matters nor did I follow the situation closely, but it seems to me that just like many other cancelled shows, the IP owner decided to shelf the idea and both not sell the property rights to somebody else so they can produce a show, nor decide to make more shows. It just sits there, rotting.

Until the day when TTGO's team gets permission to work on the project. They even manage to get old voice actors from the original to work in the show! wow! But the new show is lacking what the old audience desperately craves: continuity, emotional investment, drama and character growth.

Now in reality I am willing to bet that probably the only reason they had the go-ahead from executives to make the new show is because they told them they'd do a zany humor show with no continuity, and probably provided proof that these types of shows do well with modern audiences. As well as looking at the financial side that TTGO's style is probably cheaper to produce.

But still, it feels like a wasted opportunity. In addition, many of the jokes are at the expense of the audience of the old TT show. Don't get me wrong, every now and then TTGO can be chuckle-inducing and their restrictions are lifted so they can do interesting stuff (like the jinx-cyborg romance was pretty interesting), but its kind of a slap in the face every now and then.

tl;dr TTGO is like passing down a childhood stuffed toy to your baby brother and when you later go through his room when you're older, finding out he's been using it to jack off into. Endearing, but pig disgusting.

>even the Teen Titans shorts
what shorts? I am not sure what you are referring to. as far as I knew they just had episodes of TT and TTG.

it's average at best with some funny episodes but it gets a negative rep cause it takes half the timeslots on CN weekly

It's legit on too much and autists weebs blinded by nostalgia think it's an insult to a shitty wannabe-anime which was shat out long before most of CN's current demographic was born.

anyone got a link/source of season 3 in HD? I'm trying to piece together 1080p of 3 and what has aired of 4 so far. Sup Forums is usually pretty good with current shows but no one seems to have S3 of this. I'm willing to make a mega if anyplace has individual episodes to download. as of now I'm rummaging though old torrents but so many seeds are dead.

S1 720p/1080p

mega.nz/#F!6FYkEbRC!vX1QToCjkWvm8RX2J7NGlg!3N4XHaCC

S2 720p/1080p

mega.nz/#F!EYRExJyS!9F2_OCbE6HQmeLSP5txB4A

They take up too many time slots

agreed as does gumball but they are the best thing airing on CN imo. they need some new shows or to just rerun some of the classics.

But they didn't. They didn't "turn" one show into the other, they're two shows. It's like complaining that A Pup Named Scooby-Doo turned a somewhat serious cartoon into a full-on cartoony self-parody. TTG didn't retroactively erase your DVDs of the original show. Hell, I saw a recent re-release of one of the old Teen Titans random-episodes DVDs at Wal-Mart, so if anything it'll make more kids check out the original show.

And, you guys may or may not remember it, but at the time Teen Titans was coming out, a LOT of the comics & cartoon fags online hated it, because it was seen as LOL SO RANDOM weeaboo wannabe anime by some, especially in contrast to the more standard, straightforward JLU. But I thought that was unfair since they were two different shows, with two different goals, and only superficial similarities beyond common corporate origins.

Just like Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go.

>>morally subversive for the sake of a joke
Sup Forums has absolutely no right to get self-righteous about "subverting the chilluns' morality, won't somebody think of da chilluns".

>But they didn't. They didn't "turn" one show into the other, they're two shows
this so much. the people who complain are entitled af.

incentivizing the unoriginality

The "New Teen Titans" shorts which used
a Chibi-fied version of the original artstyle.

youtube.com/watch?v=3bgfpE9wzSg

youtube.com/watch?v=lzqzgBEutpE

youtube.com/watch?v=AJLUeL0wh7E

>Sup Forums is one person

also
>>took a more or less serious show and made a completely flippant show in its place >targeting a new generation instead of growing with the old
They didn't "took" the original Teen Titans. That show was long dead by the time DC Nation and the Teen Titans Go shorts were a thing. Even though those shorts were tonally different from the eventual show, it should've been clear from the superdeformed art style that even though you guys lucked out and got a one-in-a-million complete voice cast/characters reunion, you were never going to get "Teen Titans season 6".

And "growing with the old"? What kinda backward ass thinking is that? Of COURSE they're going to make new cartoons for a new generation of kids, instead of a few thousand weirdos who still watch cartoons in their 30s. I mean, even IF you wanted to argue "No they could totally do a DC animated show aimed at an older audience", I don't think the TEEN TITANS is the right brand to do it with. At their most self-serious, the comics were still goofy-ass adolescent-pandering schlock, but the cartoon was the first DC cartoon since the DCAU to skew younger. Young Justice is a thing, it's back, I know, yadda yadda, but in the world of DCasuals, which is wider and more lucrative than actual die-hard comics fans, "Teen Titans" is synonymous with the goofy, lighter side of teen superheroes, and "Young Justice" is synonymous with the angsty, high drama side of them. It was the opposite in the comics, but whatcha gonna do?

Teen Titans was shit and the only good that came from it was Zone animations.

TTGO isn't very good either but it's had a few moments that made me laugh. The Darkseid Weird Al in particular.

>Shitting on a pre-existing show.
>Riding on the name of the predecessor while having nothing in common with it besides characters names and vague likenesses.
>It's stupid and retarded.
>"lol le so randumb" humor.
>meme spouting.
>Brain rotting garbage. Expect kids raised on this to be retarded.
>Rancid morals. Encourages people to be stupid. Also see above.
>characters are unlike-able ass holes who are constantly fucking each others shit up for no reason.
>everyone is always yelling.
>insulting to the viewers, and the viewers are openly mocked by the writers.
>The show is self-aware it is inferior/sucks and the writers think pointing this out invalidates the problem.
>Low quality, cheaply made flash garbage. Only reason it is still around is because it costs almost nothing to make.
>There was a Girls are smart and awesome and Boys are stupid jerks episode.
>The Return of Slade
>The show is literally not what was advertised by Cartoon Network. It was the equivalent of EA or Activision bullshotting footage and screenshots of a console game on a PC to trick you into thinking it will be good.

A lot of shit opinions in this thread. To me the original show was able to strike a balance between comedy and grit, making some genuinely gripping plot lines and character interactions while also keeping it light enough for children. Like come on, you can't tell me the mad mod episodes didn't make you laugh.

The new show is can be funny at times, but this whole "LOL XD SO RANDOM" humor isnt funny when so many modern cartoons are doing it. Well whatever, it's popular so I guess it worked.

>this long ass post
>completely misinterpreting the post linked to
I thought I made it very clear I wasn't defending the hatedom and yet you are ranting like I'm one of them.

Because-

Aw fuck it I'm too tired to list why right now.

Because it's the only fucking thing Cartoon Network plays anymore

it hasn't been riding Teen Titans since season 1, and even then it was barely riding Teen Titans
Face it, this show is more popular, longer-running, and generally more profitable than the original show ever was or could ever hope to be.

also, whats that shit about rancid morals? what fucking episode had that, and why do you care so much?

>>Shitting on a pre-existing show.
>>Riding on the name of the predecessor while having nothing in common with it besides characters names and vague likenesses.
>>It's stupid and retarded.
>>"lol le so randumb" humor.
>>meme spouting.
>>Brain rotting garbage. Expect kids raised on this to be retarded.
>>Rancid morals. Encourages people to be stupid. Also see above.
>>characters are unlike-able ass holes who are constantly fucking each others shit up for no reason.
>>everyone is always yelling.
>>insulting to the viewers, and the viewers are openly mocked by the writers.
>>The show is self-aware it is inferior/sucks and the writers think pointing this out invalidates the problem.
>>Low quality, cheaply made flash garbage. Only reason it is still around is because it costs almost nothing to make.
>>There was a Girls are smart and awesome and Boys are stupid jerks episode.
Then YOU fix it, smart ass!

>Triggers autists by shitting on the original TT show
>Triggers everyone else by being the only thing, alongside Gumball, that is aired in CN

The difference is sealab wasn't a good show to begin with, it was more hanna barbara dark age crap.

>it hasn't been riding Teen Titans since season 1,
You do realize both shows have the same voice actors working on it right? You do realize that TTG still makes callbacks to the original including a full episode that was an abridged version of the first episode of the original right?
>Face it, this show is more popular, longer-running, and generally more profitable than the original show ever was or could ever hope to be.
Here's a (you) don't spend it all in one place

This.

Sealab, Spaceghost: coast to coast and Birdman at Law all worked because while they were technically based on on a previous show, the shows they were based on were generally stuff that was kind of lazy and not too fondly remembered shows from decades ago. Because the originals were so lame, it was easy for the new shows to surpass their sources because they were genuinely funny.

TTG comes too soon on the heels of what was a good show with a still active fanbase, and is largely unappealing to those previous fans.

Because its taking all the airtime and killing Tumblr Universe and The Overdone References of Screamball in the ratings.

Because it's all jokes, no plot and serious structure.
And the opposite is why Adventure Time is hated.
Basically people are absolute retards.

Its a lazy and uninspired product. And mean-spirited to boot.

it's not even that bad, it just runs on the channel all the time

We are at over Spongebob levels at this point

It's a bastardization of the original show when it has no reason to be one. There's absolutely no reason for TTG to take any inspiration from TT. The characters in TTG don't even resemble the same characters from TT. They could have made the show entirely original and it would have still "worked."

It's also nothing more than another disposable comedy children's show that isn't funny and no one will remember once it ends.

Because it triggers autists and fanboys who praise the original even though that was a mediocre show in of itself. TTG is really no worse than the rest of the generic crap airing on CN nowadays and wouldn't receive nearly as much hate if it was it's own thing.

Shoved in everyone's face as the network's SpongeBob but was usually mediocre. The closest comparison it has was loontics unleashed. Take something made for action make it a comedy and vice versa was not received good. Last some quotes

>"Don't try to do smart comedy"
>"The producer told us never to do episodes in the bathroom it failed in every show he had. We took this as a challenge"
>"I've never watched the original"

You realize that "new" Scooby-Doo series are also regularly hated by fans of the original, right? You're really not helping your case here.

They took a show that people not only loved, but was cancelled, and brought it back with jokes that more or less made fun of the original show, but while people expected more of a parody of common superhero themes, it was more literally making fun of the original show and its characters, almost seemingly tearing apart the character building the original show tried to achieve (it didn't help that the creators admitted to not watching the original show, or at least very little)

But now this created backlash, and this is where the real shit started, rather than replying in any sort of mature matter (which admittedly can be hard sometimes since the internet is full of people who also didn't give constructive criticism, but more angry shouting) they instead started to dedicate full EPISODES of "lol people who don't like this show are just whiny fuckin' children hahaha don't they know cartoons are for kids? lol" which was kind of dumb considering of course fans of the original teen titans would want to see this new show, but basically rather than just trying to say "hey we wanted to try something new and lighthearted and bring back an old show sorry it wasn't entirely what you wanted, but we hope it can still entertain new viewers" we got "fuck the old show, we own everything now and fuck anyone who tried and says otherwise.
Honestly i'd like the show more if the creators were just nicer, if they just tried a little bit harder it could've been so much better.

Because it's bad.

Who gives a shit about "fans of the original"? People that actually watch and enjoy the new show are the people that matter.

To the network, perhaps (though I'd argue they're missing out on a much bigger opportunity).
To Sup Forums? No.

Where's the uncensored version?

>HA HA ROBINS PARENTS ARE DEAD
>HA HA ROBIN HAS SEVERE MENTAL DISORDERS

Because 90% of it sucks really hard.

>Who gives a shit about "fans of the original"?
You do realize that TTG would have never been conceived if fans of the original didn't support it right? Its maddening to think TTGfags believe that the show broke away from its roots to stand on its own when it was really binding on an existing fanbase at first and by sheer luck found another with retarded kids when they pissed away the old ones.

>Who gives a shit about "fans of the original"
people who make TTgo obviously. Without the strong IP that garbage would have been cancelled long ago. People don't like the joke, they just like to see character they know being desecrated by making those shitty joke. Literally a "laughing at" insteaf of "laughing with" scenario

because adults of /co think it should cater to them not the target audience of 5 year old children needing the tv to babysit them it's designed for

>>Face it, this show is more popular, longer-running, and generally more profitable than the original show ever was or could ever hope to be.
>Here's a (you) don't spend it all in one place

>he actually thinks that user is wrong
you poor child

>TTG comes too soon on the heels of what was a good show with a still active fanbase,
dude, it was like 10 years

autistic manchildren and womanchildren screeching because they're precious animated show is getting rebooted for 8 year olds to enjoy.

I never liked the "american anime" look and hated Teen Titans and Avatar.

Disregarding that, it's a show for children and to see autists get up in arms about how it's "ruined" is both annoying and kind of funny

*their oops

And I suppose rebooted isn't the right word, but you know what I mean. They used the Teen Titans brand for whatever reason and made a dumb fun cartoon for kids. And the show actually has some intelligent moments and fun songs imo.

Because it honestly has NO reason to BE the Teen Titans....you could replace them with damn near any cast of DC group and it would work

If that's true then there is equally no reason for them to NOT be the Teen Titans.

I'm salty as every TT fan out there but at the same time I'm sick of most of the old TT fans out there, you can't even talk about TTG without someone calling it trash or shit just because it's not the old TT.
Both shows are different, the first one wasn't cancelled just to put this on, that's for sure. I really wish people could appreciate more the good episodes it has, I'm very fond of the characters so I'm just enjoying the wild ride that is TTG.

youtu.be/GM8tRdFaWS0

>why is this show hated so much
waitaminute, that's not Steven Universe

Honestly at this point it's only because it's all they play for 8 hours a day straight and I'm just fucking sick of seeing and and want to see something else for a change.

Not really, old Teen Titans had goofy and cringy jokes as well, the rest of the heroes, including the young justice, weren't as goofy as the Teen Titans.

because this board is filled with frustrated teenagers who watched the previous teen titans cartoon as children and ironically think this show is a bastardisation of the source material.

People need to learn how to let go.

Goofy? I think you mean youtube.com/watch?v=O3K6AEiXOAE

You know what I love about the teen titans go? How they like to scrub that wound over and over again, shit is great, the show can be funny and star is adorable as always.

youtu.be/T6ukHQ5TscY

at this point it's more than just complaints about muh old titans. It's the fact that Cartoon Network refuses to knowledge any shows that aren't TTG and Gumball. Only reason why Gumball isn't hated as much is because it's better quality. TTG at it's best is decent. It's getting the Spongebob treatment despite not being nearly as good or memorable.

If anything TTG is proof that television is in it's death bed and it's hanging by thread constantly repeating safe shows because taking a risk might be the thing that finally kills it.

Because it's a PG-13 version of this?

I don't watch CN 24/7 to really notice.

It's not funny at all
It's obnoxious with nothing good to back that up
The characterization is annoyingly inconsistent, especially with Raven
The new personalities don't meld well with the existing characters (aside from Starfire and maybe Beast Boy) which is really jarring and takes me out of it
CN has given this show so much priority that Justice League Action, Sonic Boom, and apparently more upcoming shows were pushed to super early in the morning when no one would be watching

And no, I never gave a shit about the old cartoon. They fucked up plenty in there as well. Quite frankly I don't think anyone would be giving this show any attention at all if it didn't have the titans. If it was just a new show with original characters, it would be hated as much as Johnny Test.

>show is almost literally nothing but Raven fanservice
>next to no Starfire fanservice
>Blackfire appears once
There's an episode where Raven grows muscles and inflates yet all I get is Starfire in a leotard with massive thighs.

Which is nice but this is one sided

It's retarded.

The Johnny test sisters were always a good fap

But It's Always Sunny is great.

Laziness

Well I certainly don't disagree on that point.

I honestly like the bottom's hairstyle better.

I don't think it's funny and the fact it's always on
I also don't like that out of all the relatively good stuff that has come out of modern CN, they decide to only continue this less than mediocre show
CN is starting to turn into Nickelodeon in terms of shit decisions

It's like somebody took the concept of Sealab 2021.

Said "Fuck It" to the Idea of using Pirated Footage of Teen Titans and decided to just take 10 second doodles he made of the characters and make a show of it.

So I guess what I'm saying is it's Sealab Post Harry Goz but for kids. I.E.: Shit

Starfire being cute is all the fanservice you need.

youtu.be/eH6kYhuaaRA

>not Steven Universe
That's not the main reason it's so hated, but it's definitely a contributing factor.

I've been enjoying it a lot lately when I'm in the right mindset and try to watch it as its own creation vs the original Teen Titans.

I had the same problem with Final Fantasy X-2, it was just too goofy and silly compared to X, but I had a great time with it once I just approached it as its own entity.

gumball is for now what rocko's modern life was for then.
I am glad i got to watch both

Do you know the name of the artist who did that TTgo concept art?

It's terrible.