youtube.com/watch?v=K8AYjK7ldmc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TJHCV40fuCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8H-cB-l3O-4
youtube.com/watch?v=Br9DY97zL2Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=69Q4dlU3nB8
youtube.com/watch?v=1S4Gx_3jj1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

didn't The Simpsons plagiarized the Flinstons though?

What is funny is that The Simpsons is shit now.
One of the funniest jokes in the newer seasons is that they capped on Spongebob for becoming stale.

Seth tried to get back at that joke by having a scene in family Guy where Quaqmire rapes Marge and kills the rest of the Simpsons

youtu.be/TJHCV40fuCQ

Not really. It was basically an animated sitcom and has more to do with All In The Family or The Cosby Show.

this isn't a deleted scene it airs all the time

Even if they did, the Flintstones is just The Honeymooners with shitty puns.

At this point I think American Dad has managed to stay consistently funny longer than The Simpsons did.

I can't find the video with Seth's commentary over it showing how unimaginably buttblasted he was over that Simpsons gag.

I liked American Dad when I was younger, but now it seems very monotonous and repetitive in terms of humour, even some of the older stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=8H-cB-l3O-4

That's the thing - the Simpsons writers thought that they were in a sort of friendly rivalry with Family Guy, so they made a lighthearted joke about 'your show is like our show and your other show is like your first show, ha-ha!'

Family Guy writers escalated to 'oh yeah?!!?! How about we have one of our characters rape one of yours and then kill a whole bunch of them?! Huh? Who's not creative now?!'

The Simpsons writers and Groening himself were a little miffed at that response. The latter, if memory serves, made this point to MacFarlane during a lunch meeting. High, loud and repeatedly.

>Family Guy writers escalated to 'oh yeah?!!?! How about we have one of our characters rape one of yours and then kill a whole bunch of them?! Huh? Who's not creative now?!'

yea too bad they couldn't come up with something half clever to come back with, the crossover had some decent shots though

Right off the top of my head, here's one: for whatever reason - maybe a cutaway gag - Peter or someone is working a government job. He finds a record of a bunch of claims for divorce. There are like 2-3 pages of "M. Simpson" and "H. Simpson" each one crossed out. For extra funsies, have each claim dated, so nitpicking viewers will see that most of these divorce claims were cancelled within 1-2 days of initial filing.

>Ha-ha your greatest source of cheap, easy drama is your characters' marriage in peril, but it always gets fixed again!

That gag is a pretty good example of how Simpsons writers can ruin their own joke. Had they just stopped at Peter's picture it would have been funny because you don't see it coming. As soon as they show Stan, the joke has lost it's surprise.

There's also a deleted scene where they tried to get back at South Park for calling them unfunny.

The rebuttal was basically "fuck you, you stupid homos!"

youtube.com/watch?v=Br9DY97zL2Q

That is too clever of a joke for Family Guy

Tiny toons really had it out for TMNT.

Jeez, maybe ask first. On both sides

I can sort of understand why Simpsons would call Family Guy plagiarism. But American Dad was another of MacFarlene's creations, rightt?

So, they're accusing him of plagiarizing himself?

See the pattern here? You call this man out on his bullshit, and his only pot shots are "Ha! FAG!" and "lol you fucked in the butt!"

m.youtube.com/watch?v=69Q4dlU3nB8

Technically this is more self deprication, but whatever.

>What is funny is that The Simpsons is shit now.

Well no, that's not the only funny part. The other funny part is finding out American Dad ended up being better than several seasons of later-era Simpsons.

youtube.com/watch?v=1S4Gx_3jj1M

so basically the typical Sup Forums reply?

>So, they're accusing him of plagiarizing himself?

It's a thing. Most notably in the academic world - plagiarizing your own work is considered just as bad as plagiarizing someone else's. In this context, it's just 'you can't think up anything original'.

you see, even back then people were bitching that ""cartoons these days are shit"

>Quaqmire rapes Marge and kills the rest of the Simpsons
omg so offensive and dark, this truly is adult grown-up humor for mature adults

In reruns on Adult Swim and TBS, it wasn't aired on Fox

Go back to Tumblr

>Seth decides to get back at the simpsons joke but waits several years to do that

no

Yes exactly.

>Plagiarism of Plagiarism

How?
Aren't they literally made by the same dude?

Nah American Dad is 10x better than Family Guy and can still make episodes that are 10x better than Zombie Simpsons.

But American Dada is better than Family Guy and Simpsons

>>You can't do this gag
>>Why not? They've made fun of Family Guy like five times
YOU'RE SHOWING A FUCKING RAPE ON SCREEN!

I remember arguing with someone about American Dad vs. Family Guy, and I pointed out that you actually remember American Dad's plots and that Family Guy does the obvious jokes, like a priest = pedophile, and he went "yeah, you're right"

That's not the reason they gave though.

To be fair, Trey and Matt almost certainly have fucked each other in the butt.

I remember when one of the head writers for Family Guy said the 2011 Tsunami was revenge for Pearl Harbor.

>waaaah cartoons aren't all furfag shit like ours

looks like an homage to me, you assblasted grunge-loving geezer.
Also Ren and Stimpy were also anthropomorphized animals, so-

What an unfunny dick. I guess that's why FG is the way it is.

So why do we still keep blaming Seth for Family Guy's "edgy" humor?

Isn't he doing live action movies now or has that well dried up after Ted 2

disgusting excuse for a cartoon sounds somehow mean spirited though
also anthros and furry pandering shit aren't the same thing

Maybe, but the difference is that we're losers on the Internet and he's a professional.

Actually, Maggie shot Quaqmire.

I'm pretty sure it is

Seth was going to do a revamp of the Flintstones too but that got canceled before anything was actually made

I thought A Million Ways to Die in the West is what killed his live action career?

The only thing recent he's been in was a voice part for that movie Sing, I think.

Nope Million Ways to Die came out in 2014 while Ted 2 was a year later

It wouldn't have been the first time. It's so weird when people give that argument. It's like they don't realize they're watching Family Guy. And it's not like the Simpsons doesn't have dark humor in it either, though I will admit more of the Simpsons is implied instead of caricatured with over the top characters.

This joke, sadly, still holds up.

>Cans Without Labels will never be done

the simpsons writers really were amazing.

>Someone starts a thread about shows making fun of other shows
>It degenerates into bitching about one particular show with very nothing pertaining to why the thread was started
Classic Sup Forums

*with nothing
Dammit I suck at editing comments after thinking of what I really want to say

Pretty much.

And yet AD does all of those the best

AD > CS > FG

Replies on Sup Forums don't take months of Korean labor to produce.

Can Klaus really be classified as a sadist though?

>Cleveland Show gets canceled after getting good
>Actually liked some of the characters
>They don't ever show up in Family Guy

Why was it canceled again? It got better ratings than Bob's Burgers. Family Guy is the one that should be canceled or shit, Cleveland should have been saved like American Dad.

>~I KILLED 8 TEENAGERS~

>sounds somehow mean spirited though
That's how Ren of Ren and Stimpy spoke.

Not really, more of his jokes involve everyone else forgetting he exists.

>Guy Fawkes Mask
>No trigger discipline
>Points gun at self

Did he died? He's clearly retarded

it may be better than FG in comparison but it's still fucking shit

When jokes do fishtail (har) into his sexuality, he's actually a masochist more often than not.

He's German, after all.

Lmao

This is so wrong, Klaus is Meg, Hayley is Brian, And Roger is Stewie.

>See the pattern here? You call this man out on his bullshit, and his only pot shots are "Ha! FAG!" and "lol you fucked in the butt!"
>so basically the typical Sup Forums reply?
>Go back to Tumblr

I don't think he's the one from Tumblr.

What do you mean?

Yeah, what a fucking asshole. Seth brings an over reliance on references and shitty gags that go on way too long, but Alec tips it with middle school edge. It's like he's just as cynical as Matt & Trey, Justin Roiland and other great writers/animators, except he's a fucking sophomoric hack who isn't intelligent enough to actually make satire of things. He wants to call out the world for being an awful place, but he doesn't actually know anything about the world.

It surprises me that people still don't know The Simpsons guys and Family Guy guys actually get along and all the references to each other in their shows are just good natured ribbing

both Tiny Toons and Animaniacs had it out for Disney as well

In Joe Alaskey's (Plucky Duck) autobiography, I believe he mentioned Ninja Turtles being what killed "The Plucky Duck Show" so early on.

a typical Sup Forums reply would be some kind of ironic ">implying" meme rensponse, which is slightly better than what family guy did but still kinda shit

>old guy gets angry at millennials

Stop the fucking presses.

Simpsons pretends it lowered the bar to the acceptably lowest level and gets mad when anyone is successful going even lower.

He wanted to play it straight like the original series but FOX wanted him to make Caveman Family Guy so he dropped out

Right, FOX wanted him to make it in the style of his other shows but Seth (given that he got his start at Hanna-Barbara) wasn't willing to do that.

I know, it's absolutely brilliant that they were able to come up with a joke about animators not meeting deadlines. I don't even know how a joke like that would even occur to them. Pure genius.

Whoever made this just kinda guessed with American Dad and Cleveland Show.

I mean...he was still right in the end.

Pretty clearly a shot at John K, a joke that probably flies over the heads of 90% of the people who watch The Simpsons.

I'm in awe Cans Without Labels isn't done. Jesus John. How long ago was the Kickstarter?

Last three rows are wrong.

And three vaguely similar shows is nothing compared to what Chuck Lorre has done to television.

Hayley doesn't hate Stan. It's been established she does it for attention and she has thrown away her self righteous behavior numerous times when it's convenient for her.

Steve isn't a loser like Chris. He's just a horny nerd and has gotten numerous girls.

Klaus isn't a sadist. More of a just a German pervert.

Stan "hates" Roger and only keeps him around because of the lifedebt and that he'd be killed if the CIA finds out.

So when Family Guy makes an obscure joke only a handful of people will get with no relation to the plot, it's shit, but when Simpsons does it, it's brilliant writing?

Loosen the strap on your nostalgia goggles, they're cutting off the circulation to your brain.

And the bear is Joe.

You can only center a show around a ripoff of Daffy for so longg

i'd say Holt would be more of a Joe type character on the cleveland show. The Bear would be more of a Mort.

Are you trying to say we're """"tumblr"""" because we find his comebacks just weak and childish?

>Plucky Duck

Quite possibly the saddest attempt to XTREEM up a character for Gen X.

No, Steve is totally a loser.

Chris is retarded, Steve is gifted. Both of them being losers is a comment on how both of those groups are treated and alienated in high school.

no way fag

>Hayley doesn't hate Stan.
And Meg has been shown that she does care about her family some times and that the family does care about Meg.
But "Shut up Meg" is a running joke just like Haley being anti-establishment while her father works for the establishment.

>forgetting the funnier FG potshot

Are any of the jokes in Family Guy obscure?

But those Simpsons jokes are worked into the context of the scene that's already happening as part of the story. They don't even try that with Family Guy.

Remember in Cartoon Wars, where the Muslims responded to the Mohammed episode by doing something juvenile in response?

Isn't this really fucking ironic that Family Guy can't really attack South Park in a way that actually makes fun of any of South Park's short comings.

It'd be kinda pointless. The way South Park can get one episode made in less than a week would mean that by the time the FG episode making fun of them already airs, they could have 4-5 rebuttal episodes ready to air.

Not really. South Park made fun of Family Guy using cut away jokes as the main part of it's comedy. Even before the bad seasons where the plots were throw away or before they started reusing the same tired plots. Seriously, count the episodes where the whole point is either Peter is a dick to his friends or Peter needs to appreciate Lois.

South Park has things about it that can be poked fun at. Making fun of it's animation styling which started with construction paper cut outs, it's cocaine fueled production schedules, or even it's preachiness would all be much better alternatives than "Matt want to do Trey in the butt"