Why do slaves exist in a world where robots exist. Robots aren't even uncommon...

Why do slaves exist in a world where robots exist. Robots aren't even uncommon, apparently you can just build them out of trash. Why did Anakin build a protocol droid instead of building a worker droid and trading it for his freedom?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eOPjhxyaWI8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Why do slaves exist in a world where robots exist.
None of them are fuckable

the same reason horses are still bred even though we have cars

Because slavery is potentially much more lucrative than droids for multiple reasons. Can't really rape a Droid.

Anakin didn't BUILD C3PO, more like reassembled him

Of all the garbage plot holes in the prequels, why are you upset over these two?

there are a billion holes in the Star Wars Universe OP, but this isn't one of them.

It takes a lot of parts manufacturing to make a droid, but making a human is piss-easy in comparison. There's a reason why mechanization hasn't taken over the California farming industry.

space jews

Gotta maintain robots a lot more, which requires being smart and having the parts to do so

Because of the patriarchy, shitbird.

well thats because George is a HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

OH NO NO NO NO PLEASE REBOOT!

I thought tatooine was supposed to be a barbaric backwater with limited technology, culture, money, or anything worthwhile.

Like, isn't it unlikely for the locals to even be able to buy their way off world? Who says any of them can afford droids?

Maybe slaves are cheaper than droids.

Same reason robots and slaves exist in our world you fucking retarded piece of shit

even as an ignorant child ready to love anything star wars, i knew anakin building C3PO was dumb

S C I E N C E F A N T A S Y
No scifi that has robots not cranking out everything while humans do whatever they want, with no need to work at all, is fantasy.

Because they are just droids. They can't think and they can't defend themselves without being an expensive combat droid. Send a slave to a market to buy groceries he comes back with groceries with a mix of produce perfectly adapted given to what was available for the dish you told them you wanted them to make. Send a droid and they'll not buy anything because they couldn't figure out what to buy because exactly what you told them to get wasn't there and they won't make it home because some thief will have just deactivated your droid and dragged it off to be reprogrammed.

but he's just a little bo- oh right desert planet and watto is jewish

Because Lucas thinks slavery is funny.

Oh so what you're all saying is that Neander Wallace's idea of replicants reproducing WASN'T a dumb idea???

Look user, most places in Star Wars have robots, hoverbikes, lasersword and no fucking AIR CONDITIONING.

There are places with robots and moss growing inside stupidly large stone built ruins where people leave, like they couldn't manage to make everything more convenient by building with concrete (like the fucking ancient romans did).

Star Wars is -barely- sci-fi, it's a fantasy tale moved to space.

Also what’s the point of slaves if they can’t feel anything? I’m pretty sure the draw of slaves is being able to torment them and make yourself feel better by playing god with somebody who is able to feel it. That’s why I would never bother with robot slaves.

>Why do slaves exist in a world where robots exist
tender boi pucci

Well to be fair, our robots can't do anything a human can do, at least not cheaply as a human can. We don't know what economics are like in SW, but they certainly have better technology.

why didn't anakin just make c3po kill watto?

The more you think about the prequels, the more dumb Lucas will seem in your mind.

I think you are very cute and I want to hug you. God why is this user sooo cute?

gotta have a slave human to repair the slave droid

For fun?

>not buying repair bots

Just get a repair droid to do it for you.

because robots arent potential equals, wheres the fun in that. power is relative and nobody feels powerful for telling their laptop what to do

what if the repair bots need repair?

They repair themselves

does Sup Forums think that this droid is cute and a bro? Well guys, is this droid out bro? Is he patrician despite evrything?

/ourdroidfu/

how much longer until robots can do everything and every human can live in luxury forever

About 5 years after you're dead

Protocol droids have stiff, imprecise movements. Battle droids can move more accurately, but that's because their more complex AI is stored on a massive ship.

>The Republic, which had a human ruling class, allowed humans to be slaves in neighboring planets to smell Aliens
Damn, that's cucked.

Send a slave to a market and expect it to return?? Why wouldnt it just run away?

Droid doesn't know its a slave, but a human does.

Slavery is funny. If an entire population of people is dumb/weak enough to get enslaved in the first place, then they don't deserve their freedom. They're obviously inferior and would be a detriment to the rest of society.

slaves who are treated well are loyal to their masters
alternatively just implant a bomb in their brain lmao

Because he couldn't re-issue 3CPO merch if that droid wasn't in the movie.

Every choice George made in the 3 prequels is based on what toys he could sell.

slave societies normalize the relationship so even if they wanted to escape they would have nowhere to go and nothing to do once they did

robots provide labour, slaves provide labour and meat. the majority of the star wars universe are 3rd world shitholes filled with nigger tier lifeforms that haven't even reached our level of civilisation, robotic is far beyond their capabilities

Darth Vader being the one that built C3PO is probably the single most awkward forced link in all of Star Wars.

Capitalism is obsolete. There's really no need for anyone to work anymore. We have the AI and resources for a prosperous, labor-free society.

who repairs the repair droid? droids all the way down man

>There's a reason why mechanization hasn't taken over the California farming industry.

Illegal labor can be paid less than minimum wage?

The value of food is so low that automation couldn't be profitable?

not working is awful though. people cant just sit around and paint or play mmos, they will go insane

Hello commie scum

The limited technology and culture of Tatooine makes it even more unlikely that a kid of that age would master advanced engineering and know how to fix something as complex as a droid, let alone the racers.

I can accept Luke having flying skills, from racing around in a small ship in his spare time. But a kid, even with mitochlorians or whatever, isn't going to master all of the specialties that would go into rebuilding a fucking android, working as a slave for an alien. Even if his job is ripping parts off wrecked ships.

"work" defined as "shit you don't want to do to serve needs external to it."

Why are you so scared? I only want to hug you and whisper how cute you are.
Together with him.

I agree. I enjoy working. But capitalism really is obsolete.

Check out /r/latestagecapitalism sometime.

Explain K-2SO then.

they were trying to imply anakin was in a constant state of precognition. He didn't master anything, what to do just came to him

A lot of crops are too damaged by automation, they have to be picked by hand. Strawberries, for instance. Or lettuce.

>post-scarcity is reddit

well shit, I guess I have to suck corporate cock forever now.

because this isn’t a real universe its a fake one off product he decided to expans which he had vague throwaway ideas for and got the greenlight to regurgitate as a form of real content. you people are beyond stupid if you think there’s subtle thought put into these “worlds” they build to trap your dork faggot minds in. Tolkien’s world, Lewis’s world have depth but only because they were spergs and abused the written medium to do it.

how would precognition help you build a robot? just trial and error smashing metal bits together?

>and every human can live in luxury forever
you mean the

That worked out real well for him later, didn't it?

God, the prequels were trash.

I think what you mean to say is there isn't enough money in farming to bother trying to invent devices to automate it.

Because you'll rape and murder their mother.

>they were trying to imply
nothing is implied in the prequels. it's just lazy writing.

knowing the form of what the robot was or should be and what sequence of actions would go from scrap to functional.

By 2040, if the singularity happens. Capitalism is obsolete. None of us will retire because there won't be any jobs.

Does any of you want to have a sex/orgie with one of them?

There's plenty of money in farming, if you hire Mexicans to hand pick your crops.

Or, have a large number of smaller farms that can handle the workload. Oh, wait, they all got foreclosed on and bought by Big Farming.

>robots
>making food for humans

When the singularity happens humans become obsolete. No one will retire because we'll all be dead.

Because humans can change skillsets, grow, and can think beyond predetermined programming. Yea you can reprogram a robot, but if you turn pic related into a butler robot it wont exactly excel at the job simply due to how it was built. At that point you might as well buy another robot. Humans dont really have that issue

Ask Lybia.

For sex

>yfw bad writers can’t even implicate further plot points because multilayered or causally dependent thought escapes them
its only going to get worse with time as general fitness decreases with each generation before CRISPR

I know plenty of people who could have only ever been exactly what they are and will never be able to learn a new skillset.

*scaredness intensifies*

Who the fucking fuck are you?!

This gonna be a fun night. at 00:00 o'clock. Be ready.....

youtu.be/eOPjhxyaWI8

you can't catch me

Nu male critiques capitalism. No surprise.

Tatooine is established in ANH as having an entire race of aliens whose sole purpose is stealing droids and reselling them and yet you still come here to ask this dumb as fuck question. KYS

Just build a fucking human shaped robot and whenever you want it to be something else hop onto the space internet and space torrent some new software.

>think Leia being Luke's sister is forced
>see TPM in 1999
>GL one-ups himself in spectacular fashion

there is a fuckload of money in farming

in fact, theres so much money that there is no drive to improve the system

And audiences don't even notice because they just fill in the gaps with head-canon. I thought PT fans were bad until BvS came out.

>Tatooine is established in ANH as having an entire race of aliens whose sole purpose is stealing droids and reselling them and yet you still come here to ask this dumb as fuck question.

mfw I realised just the other day it would work much better if Anakin cobbled together an astromech droid with various attachments and gizmos, while the shiny gold poncey protocol droid would make total sense on the queen of Naboo's ship.

user a cute! CUTE!

Which Star Wars planet is Lybia?

About one year before the AI revolution kills us all.

And right there you just came up with a better idea than GL.

Only the Jawas, you racist ignorant fool.
And the sandpeople.

>Can't really rape a Droid
This is where you are wrong, kiddo

Capitalism will be completely obsolete with post scarcity and improvements in AI and automation but that subreddit is just immensely retarded.
>lol going to work is bad, worse than rape!
>working at McDonald's is just like being in a concentration camp
>I wish Stalin and Mao were still alive

>>think Leia being Luke's sister is forced
there are really only 2 good SW movies.

okay but whens taht

>there are really only 2 good SW movies.
Star Wars has an amazing setting, but only ANH and TESB are good films. The rest are Marvel level.

Its fun treating sapient organisms like complete shit.