2017: Blade Runner 2049

> 2017: Blade Runner 2049
> 2016: Arrival
> 2015: Sicario
> 2013: Enemy
> 2013: Prisoners
How do you direct 5 great movies in 5 years? Most directors take minimum 2 years to make a movie. Is he a master multi-tasker or does he use some kind of ghost director?

hes a real kinosaurus

he doesn't write his movies for one
deakins plan out all his shots

>Arrival
>great

Brainlet detected

Not one of those flicks is good.

>Arrival
>good

>I am a pretentious faggot: the post
Now select one movie of that list and talk about it.

Shooting takes around 6-9 months for a large scale production, the only time I've heard of the actual shooting of a movie taking over a year it's gone massively over budget or re-shoots took place later. The typical 2 year production cycle is largely pre-production, so getting contracts down, scouting locations, signing paperwork, dealing with the budget, etc etc, and post-production, so editing and getting a distribution deal. As Villeneuve doesn't produce or write (and I imagine he doesn't have creative control over editing as a result) he doesn't really have to spend that much time with a movie.

Coupled with the heavy-handed role of producers nowadays and the competency of DoP I wouldn't doubt that most of Villeneuve's movies are essentially made for him and he steps in for the credit to create this box office "auteur" draw.

Enemy was awful

>no mizoguchi
fucking pleb

you fucking contrarian
>I like these kinos none of my "friends" know about so fuck those plebs haha amiright?

These images are always funny as fuck because it's so obvious they just went on some "best art movie" list, took the directors and picked their least popular movie. I'm pretty sure the majority of these directors have won the palme d'or, they're not even that obscure.

what I'm saying is stop giving this low quality bait (you)s

Agreed, he's one of the best, but
>5 great movies in 5 years
There is another

go away denis

arrival was shit though.
enemy was ok if you're into that kind of stuff.

He turns up and shouts action. Meanwhile Nolan does fucking everything and you fags still criticise him

>Prisoner
great
>Enemy
goat tier
>Sicario
never saw it, might give it a shot? im typically not interested in action/war drama
>Arrival
pretty good
>Blade Runner
not out on blueray yet

And people still think he's "the next nolan" it makes no sense they're both working directors we are very lucky to have both of them

I can't stand Nolan's movies after the dark knight. I find them bland, genric, "heavy"...
The opposite of his first movies.

since when are malick fans plebs? huh.

DUUUUUUNE

Fuk yea

comparing him to nolan is an insult to villeneuve

he's miles above nolan it's not even funny

>great movies

atleast bring forth arguments instead of spewing liquid shit

You make movies for easily impressed plebs that only consume capeshit and horror movies when they're not busy playing videogames and watching game of thrones

I've seen over 4,000 movies and Blade Runner 2049 is honestly easily within the top 100

How can you be sure, do you keep a list or watch a certain amount of movies a week?
I think at most I've seen 200 movies.

>4,000 movies
That's quite a lot, how come? I've probably seen over a thousand because I used to rent between 3 and 6 movies per week in my teens but since then I stopped watching so many movies.

these opinion's are cheetodust

When one film is jake g in a room doing nothing for 2 hours and another is amy adams in a room doing nothing for 2 hours you could make 3 really good films in 5 years.