X-Men Thread

I've to introduce someone in the X-Men universe (knows nothing about comics nor movies).
What is the best order to watch the whole saga?
Also rate them Sup Forums

X-Men
United
The Last Stand

Origins
Immortal
Logan

First Class
Days of Future Past
Apocalypse

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BvWDjHWgNgc
youtube.com/watch?v=NjGUE8XaUn4
youtube.com/watch?v=YRYoP-S3Ho8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just don't
wait for Marvel to start over with them once they get them back

also, what's the fucking point of making movies set in the 80s and 90s if we already know that they are all gonna be OK since we saw that at the end of DOFP?

Show them the 90's cartoon, that's the closest to the comic.

The movies have aged really poorly, just watch X2, First Class, DOFP then Logan, skip everything else.

>Marvel

But I want to avoid that shit.

honestly I'd rather see them in the MCU with a better written team and interacting with the other marvel characters instead of having like 3 movies a year with a fucked up timeline, where only one of those 3 is actually kinda good

That's never going to happen, Fox has like a Dozen X-Men related movies and tv shows coming up. They're going to start making individual movies of characters instead of team movies now.

Start with Logan. If he doesn't like that one, you kick him in the nuts and call him a faggot and a pleb.
Ignore everything else.

X-Men
X2
Logan

that's all they need to watch

Disney has been in negotiations to purchase all of Fox besides their sports and news divisions tho, I presume the X-Men film rights would be in that deal if it went through

>Immortal
Which one was this?

Also origins is severely underrated due to canonfags

The one with Wolverine in Japan and Silver Samurai as the final boss.

>Also origins is severely underrated due to canonfags
>cartoon claws
>"deadpool"

son, you've got a condition

You know the claws were made that shiny on purpose? Like they want to show you the claws were "new"...the adamantium was still "fresh".

Btw aside the claws and deadpool isnt that bad.

What canonfags say about Origins? The only thing that bothers me is that Emma Frost is too young while in First Class (who was before Origins in the timeline) is more old.

>You know the claws were made that shiny on purpose?
really? I mean that doesn't sound like a bad idea but it was definitely poorly executed

I'd just tell them to watch in order of quality. If you try to follow any order or continuity, you'll just fail. From worst to best:
>The Last Stand
>Origins
>Apocalypse
***POWER GAP***
>Deadpool
>The Wolverine
***POWER GAP***
>First Class
>Days of Future Past
>X-Men
***POWER GAP***
>United
>Logan

I thought the deal fell apart weeks ago.

Yes if you watch the movie with the director's commentary on he mention this thing at some point. When Victor meet Logan after the experiment watching his claws he also say "uuuh...shiny".
I agree with you, they could have handled way better.

>wait for the sanitized quipfest version

Nope, fox is shopping around apparently. The big rumor that people are clinging to is a non-transferable license. That if fox sells no matter what disney gets the rights. We don't know if this is the case tho.

Nah, it’s still going. The Murdochs want to take Fox private and build on the news and sports brand. Fox is going to sell to someone, it’s just a matter of when.

Best way is chronological order imo:

First Class
Origins
X-Men
United
The Last Stand
The Wolverine
Days of Future Past
Apocalypse
Logan

>no Deadpool
Come on, man. It wasn't THAT bad!

OP here, actually i've left Deadpool out not because i didnt like it but because i feel more like its his own thing...an universe of its own with its characters (i've heard in DP 2 there will be Cable) and its own story.

Comfy thread, have a bump.

Haven't seen Apocalypse so I'll judge it based on the others.

Logan > DOFP > X2 > X-Men > First Class > The Wolverine > X3 > Origins

X-Men
X2
First Class
Days of Futures Past
Logan

But I would literally drop the x-men if that happens

the pleb: mcu
the contrarian: dceu
the patrician: fox

Also lmao at your life brainlet, the current timeline doesnt lead into DoFP, thats an alternate stream. By awaking Apocalypse they drifted into an unknown timeline

Isn't Apocalypse set in the 80's?

Basically the correct timeline is this one but after DoFP everything (every movie) you see before in the list is erased but First Class (because Wolverine was sent in the past AFTER First Class happened).
So basically the new canon timeline is:

First Class
DoFP
Apocalypse
[probably the new Dark Phoenix trilogy]
Logan

Logan happens after the DoFP epilogue which is another stream of time.

The current timeline ends at Apocalypse and will be further developed in Dark Phoenix but it doesnt lead into the DoFP epilogue

What?

How does Apocalypse change the timestream from DoFP?

I thought Apocalypse was just a continuation of that time stream?

Which is why I found it all so depressing. The X-Men movies either end with their annihilation at the hands of the sentinels, or their eventual death as witnessed in Logan.

Thats an interesting pow i've never actually thought about...there is any "official" confirmation for this?
Btw even if not, i quite like it.

>change the timestream from DoFP
because wolverine went back in time to stop the DoFP future from happening

>Marvel is about to get their hands back on their heaviest hitters
DC is fucked, they won the comic war but lost in the arena that actually matters for future growth

Yes and no.

Apocalypse is a continuation of the past scenes in DoFP. But Apocalypse doesnt lead into the DoFP epilogue.

Apocalypse the character wasnt supposed to wakeup and he changed the timeline. THe future of the x-men is now unknown. And yes, most likely ends in tragedy

Singer said originally that DoFP epilogue was the final destination for the characters, but after the release of Apocalypse he said the timeline was altered and you dont know which characters will survive in the future

Yeah, but that happens in DoFP, not Apocalypse.

So the DoFP epilogue and Apocalypse should take place in the same time stream.

>Apocalypse the character wasnt supposed to wakeup and he changed the timeline.

This is not implied at all in the film...

>“I’ll kill any of those characters any day I want. They’re all fair game. Anything can happen. When two things are happening simultaneously in quantum physics it’s what’s called the Super Position and when the Observer finally observes the outcome that’s called the ‘Collapsing of the Super Position,’ which is what happened when Wolverine woke up and saw all the happiness. So yes, that is the outcome we hope for, that is the outcome we aspire to, and that’s the outcome we are moving towards, but we saw in Days of Future Past another dark world. What says that can’t happen again? What says the awakening of a being that has such power and can acquire the power to destabilize that? So anything is possible. That’s what we’d like to think happens, that’s what Simon would like to think is a good outcome, but to me it’s fair game

He later revealed that character was Apocalypse but I cant find the exact quote

Watch as following:

Old saga
X-Men 1 (7.0)
X-Men 2 (9.0)
X-Men 3 (4.0)
Wolverine Immortal (7.0)
Logan (9.0)

New saga
First Class (9.0)
Days of Future Past (8.0)
Apocalypse (5.0)
Deadpool (8.0)

Days is better than First class desu

>film
hehe, funny. Most of the shit is explained outside the movies by Singer, special dvd interviews, etc.

For example, the coma patient that Xavier usurps was his twin body. Xavier developed his powers before being born and fried the brain of his twin brother.

Another good one. Retarded Sabretooth in X1 is not the original. Its a clone that Magneto did. And it seems Magneto is actually terrible at cloning so it ended being a retarded clone. Thats why he doesnt recognize Logan.

t. fox-men librarian

here's how it works sweetie
first class, origins, then the fucking wolvie goes back to the past in 70s and it makes the new timeline. but the movies that came out after dofp, logan and deadpool, belong still in the older timeline (the trilogy and the wolverine)

the new timeline starts with dofp, and now we have apocalypse and that new movie with dark phoenix. first class is still canon, origins...not so much. it's canon but they want to ignore it because it has stuff that contradicts other films.
that guy explains it pretty well.

I didnt remember in DoFP what happens to Wolverine after he's thrown under the water by Magneto...how he wake up in the new "happy" timeline?

Not really, FC has a better plot, better villain, better characters, etc...its only fail is Emma Frost with a zero charisma and acting skills. DOFP had better fighting scenes and better CGI though.

Future is rewritten and Rogue/Kitty stop using their powers, so the mind of Wolverine travels back to the future.

DoFP has much more tension.

And if you consider the Sentinels X being the real villain, DoFP also has better villain.

>the pleb: mcu
>the contrarian: dceu
>the patrician: fox
Rare- a man of taste on Sup Forums

nah, the plot is basically the same, Days spends less time on useless characters and focuses more on McAvoy-Fassbender, plus the scene with McAvoy and Patrick Stewart playing young and old Xavier were good.

It also works fine as a standalone movie.

why is he so based lads

If he wasn't supposed to wake up, then how did Charles lose his hair in the DoFP timeline? The fact that Jean is still alive in it is because clearly she can control her powers now, thanks to Apocalypse waking up and having to fight him off.

They set up Logan and Jean's relationship as well. It's the same timeline, a timeline where we know Logan, Rogue, Iceman, Kat, Colossus, Beast, Storm Jean, Cyclops and Charles survive. Everyone else is fair game, but they are all alive.

holy shit he's right

the only movies that are integral to Wolverine's arc are X1, X2 and Logan. Everything else is just superfluous, and though I do enjoy First Class and DOFP they exist just to apologize for X3 and the first two wolverine solo movies.

Why isn't Xaivier's brother Juggernaut in First Class, FoX-men Librarian?

He is literally the Patrick Stewart of Gen X.

This. Basically, Apocalypse is just old Xavier telling Logan what he missed from the end of DoFP.

>not respecting the Journey of the Bald Man

X2 is the best by far, best acting, top action scenes

Why The Last Stand is so hated? I mean it was cool speedy action movie. Nothing above an average movie imho, why all the hate?

Really only X2 and Logan. Everything else is garbage. I watched them all before watching Logan and it was a miserable experience. Especially after X2 got my hopes up right at the beginning.

In what order you watched the whole thing?

release order. I did not want to research which movie belonged into which timeline and which one came first or last.

I see thanks.

Truly an awesome actor, not only as Xavier...I liked in him a lot in Split too (actually probably a good 80% of that movie being good is because of him)

i liked X_men as a kid, but X-Men movies made me hate it
First trilogy and its spinoffs (Wolverine) suck, First Class is decent.

You better just show him the 90s cartoon, and X.Men: Evolution. On live act First Class, DotFP, Legion.

>Origins is canon

Wolverine was sent in the past between First Class and Origins, so FC already happened and its canon but Origins happened after (so never happened).
Canon Wolverine story is shown in Apocalypse when they free him from captivity and Phoenix restore some of his memories (loss probably due to shock from the adamantium experiment)

and if he still interested jst show him
Comicbookgirl19's Epic history x-men
youtube.com/watch?v=BvWDjHWgNgc
youtube.com/watch?v=NjGUE8XaUn4
youtube.com/watch?v=YRYoP-S3Ho8

to be fair, the movie takes place over a 134 year period, from 1845 to 1979. so about half of the movie is kinda canon. again, the whole movie has stuff that kinda makes people mad

>DC is fucked
like they weren't already

> they won the comic war
lol really?

Did you actually know why people are mad about Origins? I mean Emma Frost younger than First Class bothers me a bit but aside that...considering DoFP fix things why people are so mad about that movie?

it's not

they hate it because how they treated deadpool and roger rabbit claws

Jesus christ, this explains why I had so many questions rewatching the films recently.

They don't tie together very well at all.

>about half of the movie is kinda canon
mmh...let's say the beginning (barely 1/3)

I dont think the majority of people have problem with Jim and Victor go through the world wars. Probably even when Stryker get them on-board on his "special team"...it was already after DoFP Wolverine was sent back.