youtube.com/watch?v=fxA1XPFKLIk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoggoth
hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/hd.aspx,
youtube.com/watch?v=TDlB2P1leRM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they should make the whole game out of the movies they make for the games

>-o

beat me to it

OP, take the o this guy gave you and put it on the end of your post.

I'll say this I watched the cut scenes for Battlefront 2 the story is more interesting than what Disney has been putting out and more coherent than the shitquels.

youtube.com/watch?v=TcuEqTzRXl4
AC always had god tier promo cinematics.

IP count didn't go up

>blizzard sink all their money and bakrupt the company for one last hurrah by painstakingly creating a feature film with the animation quality of a WoW cinematic
>it's not WoW but Starcraft
>there's a timeline out there where this happened but it isnt this one

doesn't count because it's not gameplay. regardless, this blows it out of the water: youtube.com/watch?v=gN8geCTlZOo

You make a thread like this about news and its axed within 5 minutes

Why is Sup Forums given free reign over Sup Forums? Do they not block ads?

That's a really solid trailer. Too bad the game turned out to be utter shite.

>it's another generic vidya trailer with generic background music
in five years these will be radomly generated

>t. OP

pure ludo
youtube.com/watch?v=18-_9E0HNY4

I basically consider this a short film.

the only games that are ludo are the mgs games. beyond this, there is only mere entertainment for manchildren.

Ubishit sure makes good cgi
youtube.com/watch?v=xzCEdSKMkdU

forgot how bad PS3 games looked. are there any new AC games coming out?

>posting ludo instead of pure kino
Seriously, even "believe" campaign wasn't as good as this thing of beauty over here.
youtube.com/watch?v=wjamhIPVvnI

DUUUUH DA MOOOON

Why is zerosugar babysitting this thread?

>2011
Jesus Christ... I was a much different person then. With different friends. Different dreams. So much has changed. But so much has stayed the same.

>DUUUUH DA MOOOON
that's like complaining there are too many taxis in taxi driver you fucking mongoloid

Bloodborne is legitimately something brilliant no matter how much you might want to shit on videogames, retard.

DUUUUH MUH LOVECRAFT FANFICTION

Bloodborne is leagues above Lovecraft.

These dumb wojacks are getting disturbing as fuck.

Tell me another story, uncle Zaeed.

Bloodborne literally has NOTHING. NOTHING. to do with Lovecraft. I don't know where you faggots think you find the resemblance, but it simply isn't there.

> NOTHING. to do with Lovecraft
Nigger, have you even played it?

Yes I have. Have you even read his work? Or do you think that everything that's horror means it's Lovecraftian?

>posting cinematic trailers and cutscenes

One aspect video games have truly surpassed movies though is original score. Movies aren't even trying, really. You'd be hard pressed to name more than a few truly memorable pieces from the last few decades. You have the Pacific Rim theme, some tracks from Fury Road, even that bizarre Wonder Woman theme. Nolan's films are always dependable in this regard.

You even got no name indie games btfoing film scores.
youtube.com/watch?v=lYNvwErDg4c
youtube.com/watch?v=1mIWoVkda8A
youtube.com/watch?v=fxA1XPFKLIk

So you're simply ignoring the atmosphere, themes and direct, blatant references to concepts and creatures of his works?

>the atmosphere
Nothing alike.
>themes and direct
That makes no sense. Examples please.
>blatant references to concepts and creatures of his works
Give me examples. You're being way too vague. I read every work of fiction that Lovecraft wrote himself and most of his collaborations. What creatures from Lovecraft's work were in Bloodborne?

Bloodborne is, unironically, "redpilled" as fuck, to use the parlance of our times.

Holy shit i remember watching this. I even downloaded the damn song in my Samsung Galaxy S2

Insight, Kosm, the Great Ones, shoggot. Just the most obvious stuff at the top of my head.

>off-topic
>still up
When will the rules be updated?

>b-bido games r keeno

>Insight
What about it? Nothing remotely like it was ever touched upon in Lovecraft's work.
>Kosm
Oh you mean generic horror monster #23423213651762?
>the Great Ones
You mean the ones that manifest themselves on a regular basis in the game? Again. Nothing like Lovecraft's stories.
>Shoggot
Do you mean Shoggoth? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoggoth Yeah that's not in Bloodborne at all you piece of shit.

How do you miss the cosmicism in Bloodborne? How is Ebrietas or Moon Presence, or even Odeon not straight out of Lovecraft? What about Amygdala? The fucking Fishing Hamlet is Shadow Over Innsmouth
How do you miss this shit?

Look up brain of mensis retard

Ok, I'm done. Go fishing somewhere else, you fucking contrarian. Here's a (you).

If you seriously think that scary creepy spooky monsters running at you fast and killing you have anything to do with Lovecraft you are fucking DUMB.

>Le scary tentacle monsters from alternate dimensions isn't Lovecraft
Okay contrarian brainlet

Frankly, it's bizarre I'm having this discussion at all. Find me the tentacle monster trope in one of Lovecraft's stories and I'll concede.

>>the atmosphere
>Nothing alike.
Even though I think you are a faggot for not seeing the direct references to his creatures, here you're right.
One of the key features in Lovecraft story's is that protagonists are often the only ones that know that shit is coming or will be the only one to know the truth and go insane because it's too much to handle alone, while everyone else will continue live in gracious ignorance. Polar opposite in Bloodborne, everyone seemingly know everything already, speak in shitty riddles, throw out allusion and so on, it's a Souls game after all, while you're the only one who is none the wiser. Really ruins everything in terms of atmosphere. You're suppose to uncover everything not have it pointed out to you.
And locations are all wack too, aside from some of the layers, everything else is just Poe's shit but then again the amount of times Lovecraft retold or at least incorporated House of Usher in his works kinda makes him a co-author of many of the works.

Is this ironic?

>game helps define RTS genre
>let's make it into a fucking MOBA

I'm still mad.

Do it. Find me it. I don't remember any tentacle talk in any of his stories.

Ludo refers to games whose mechanics reinforce it's themes, dumb dumb. A video can't be ludo.

Wow, you're so correct, I literally cannot think of even one creature with tentacles. It's such a hard task.

You should be able to identify Cthulhu pretty quickly user.
Azathoth is literally a giant mass of swarming tentacles.
Nyarlathotep in Haunter of the Dark is a bat winged tentacle monster.

Edit: phoneposting is fucking impossible, how are there fags that prefer this to pc

Cthulu has no tentacles. Not in any story I've ever read.

Azathoth is not a physical manifestation. The only story in which he is even really mentioned is in the dream quest.

"Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes."

Where do you see it described as a tentacled mass?

Nyarlathotep: hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/hd.aspx, control + f "tentac" 0 hits

Shut up

>BTFO by Lovecraft himself

???? Where are the tentacles.

Furiously shoving up and down your anus right this very moment, you imbecile.

jesus dude you either a faggot or you have severe mental handicaps

That's because Bloodborne is pulling from all Gothic fiction, and Romanticism in particular. It's essentially a rejection of the values of the Enlightenment and the Scientific Revolution. Everyone in the game is too preoccupied with evolution and revolution, and flinging the entire human race facefirst into a future chosen by sophists and scientists with zero regard to our humanity.

Except the Hunters, who are representative of the old agrarian heroes of yore, who are the first and last cultural barriers to the psychic upheaval.

It's not a coincidence the fight against The First Hunter represents the Rex Nemorensis. Lake Nemi wa a place of ancient importance, but also a focal point for the Romantics, who often stayed on its shores and painted it and wrote about it.

the kinoest
youtube.com/watch?v=TDlB2P1leRM