Vikings

Anyone here looking forward to Season 5?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S_-IdKwgW_4
youtube.com/watch?v=T31nEDN0o2E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah me

Ja.

It stats this week, right?

Didn't think they would continue after Ragnar's death but they've built Ivar into someone who can probably carry the show now.

29th. 2 hour episode incoming.

If you check the sagas Björn is the real protagonist, he's the one raiding the whole European continent and starting to have stable settlements in England

STRONK WOMYN AND MINORITIES FOR EVERYONE

>about to finish The Last Kingdom
>realize that new season of Vikings will start soon
>mfw

I'm personally looking forward to Björn and Floki's journeys. Oh and our Fingol Vikings.

>tfw i teared up a bit when ragnar died

Watching him praise the gods even though he was an atheist but did it so he knows how important it is for the people to have faith in their gods and live a good life did it for me. Travis Fimmel is a great actor.

And there are people who prefer GoT over Vikings, the characters here are way more complex and fun

I haven't even finished TheLast Kingdom because I don't want to run out of Viking kino to watch.

Fingols are the only thing worth watching now, everybody else is boring and the last few episodes were really fucking shitty. That said, the Odin scene was top notch.

>everybody else is boring and the last few episodes were really fucking shitty
Nah mate

This made me lel in the trailer. Vikings vs Arabs is going to be kino.

Why was the aging up of characters on this so stark and in your face? With the time jumps just waved over with no proper figure.

Ivar is at most 2 years older than Magnus and Alfred who are mentioned as being 12 in a scene before Ragnar comes back from exile and we see his kids grown up. Yet all the adults characters just grow beards instead of aging.

Why is a grown man playing a 14-16 year old?

The same happened with Bjorn.

>Fingols are the only thing worth watching now

After Ivar, sure.

Are you telling me that you enjoyed Floki trying to sacrifice his life to save muslims? Lagertha and her female army destroying grown men? That shitty fucking Ivar battle where they teleported around? And of course the hyped up first documented Blood Eagle being rushed in 3min?

im only watching for one thing

>Why is a grown man playing a 14-16 year old?
Because kids that age back then acted like adults and probably looked like them

heck, even today you go to some shitty town in africa and 14 years old boys look like they were 30

young men looked more aged and manly back then thanks to sky high T levels from no hormones or soy products and near constant supply of tight pussy,

Notice how you're an SJW crying about a political agenda and nothing to do with the quality of the show, you alt right human garbage pissbaby

Can you even read american?

i agree. it's just boring now because i don't care about the shit characters which makes all the other flaws stick out. The first seasons were kino, but like ragnar when he sees his old life on the shore, there's no going back.

Nope this show went down the shitter when they killed off Athelstan. The last straw for me was that battle between Ragnar and Rollo in France.

What season does this get good.

I cant get passed the first episode.

stick to batman vs superman

You've mistaken me for someone else because I'm not a fan of that either or capeshit in general.

Aethelwulf and Bjorn are our guys

Nope. Not even Based Rollo can save the show alone now, with Ecbert dead

Enjoy watching Floki become a Muslim and the Vikings uniting with the Black Muslims to conquer Iberian Christian Kingdoms

Ecbert and Rollo were the best

At least Bjorn is ok

MY MOTHER TOLD ME

I don't know, I'm pretty bored with all the characters. Might be good though.

Yes, Bjorn is the only non-cringy main character now, now that even his mother got ruined (she used to be my favourite character, but it's clear the writers don't know what to do with her. She should get mercy killed)

I thought that was the whole point of the Kattegat fight, but it seems they'll drag out more of those shitty fight scenes.

>cucked by his own dad
>cucked by a fucking priest
>his wife completely gives no fucks about him, she knows he's pathetic
>forced to raise his wife's son
>historically speaking, Æthelwulf dies like a bitch and he's quickly forgotten by his wife's son, Alfred the Great

Ecbert was so great

>When I was at the court of CHARLEmagne...

The show may have died with Aethelstan, but its corpse got prevented of returning to life as a zombie with Ecbert's death

best vikings

and so the eternal britbong was born

Harald Fairhair is still in the show.. i wonder if they will play out his storyline, he becomes a gigant christfag, starts taking over norway bit by bit, and eventually gets btfo by my ancestors when he tries to take the north, then they get cucked into becoming christfags by haralds sons

There's mainly the problem of actual people who play the roles. They don't grow 5 years older no matter how you need them to between seasons. I think they did pretty fucking good making Fimmel look like an old dude. Sure the sons look a bit older than they should be but definitely sort of explain it. Björn went through a smaller time skip but suffered from a similar problem of the kid who first played him simply not physically growing up fast enough to keep playing him. I think he went from like 13-14 to 18-20 between the actor swap. I can't remember how long the time skip was.

>I can't remember how long the time skip was.
a decade, from 13 to 23

It took me a few episodes to get hooked back in the day. The first few were a bit goofy that I remember since they were still testing the grounds and not really sure how to make the show work. I'd say if you don't enjoy it by the end of season 1 then don't bother. The first season is only like 10 episodes so give it a go.

>Women leading men in battle

Truly is retarded show

even with his faults this guy is still the goat in the last 2 seasons

The costumes in this show make me want to throw up. How can anyone watch this without laughing?

>no Ragnar
>no Rollo
no thanks

what's wrong with them?

Since his brother in the show was actually his father don't count on it being anything close to what is our understanding of his history.

>and eventually gets btfo by my ancestors
Cool as fuck if you actually know your line that far back even if vaguely.

I'm talking about the first timeskip when they swapped Björn's actor to the current one. Like the time between Lagertha fucking off with Björn to marry some other fucktard and coming back as Earl Ingstad to raid with Ragnar.

why did they drop the whole France plotline?

>Watch first couple seasons
>Get to part some bishop tries to crucify Athelstan

What the fuck is this. I thought this was supposed to be for the History channel, Why would they put something this blatantly bullshit in

The Saxons basically wearing uniforms is hilarious.

not him, but i'm personally not digging the dark leather biker aesthetic and the severe lack of helmets.

At least Ragnars sons should be able to afford something more fancy.

>Ragnar was an atheist

Blame all the costume drama shows that came before that shows. For some reason they love making these costumes look "modern" and "edgy" because they're afraid people will look at them and say "that's cheesy omg"

>And of course the hyped up first documented Blood Eagle being rushed in 3min?

This is the only thing right you've said. Floki didn't protect them because they were muzzies but because they didn't pussy out and kept praying to their god unlike like your average christian cuck monk who runs.

not him, but i'm personally not digging the dark leather biker aesthetic and the severe lack of helmets.

At least Ragnars sons should be able to afford something more fancy.

but western directors really seem to like this look for their olden time shows

Agnostic

>Swagbert ded
>Aethelstan ded
>Floki probably converting to Islam NORWAY YES
>Ass Log still alive
>That stupid anime battle between Ragnar and Rollo in France
>Cripple Hitler

I honestly don't even remember if I finished the last season, all I remember is how lame and bullshit it all was by the time I stopped.

we know everybody from the farm/area that our last name come from was supposed to be at the battle..

top kek

Ivar was great last season seeing his bond with Ragnar ,they understood each other perfectly.Hes the only one i hope to carry the show

Isn't Rollo still in? Did they cut him out without an ending?

Gisla-kun was too pure for this world.

The emperor was a real one though. Seemed like a total soycuck until:
>You and your bitch can go eat angel wings in heaven
Red Wedding BTFO

i cant care about the show after ragnar died, i tried but the characters are just boring. im only intrerested in rollo and maybe flocki but they turned flocki into a pro-immigration muslim sympathizing cuck

Yeah, Floki is definitely the guy to respect devout followers of other religions.

His friendship with Athelstan was especially touching.

>he becomes a gigant christfag

I didn't read the sagas but jesus christ. How could a character like Harald turn into a christian? These guys are the most zealot vikings in the show so far next to Floki.

bjorn isn't bad but honestly hes kinda boring and not really that interesting of a character. i haven't even finished season 4, i pretty much dropped it after ragnars death

Yeha.. muh shieldmaidens... they where just weaponized women, trained to be semi useful in battle,shooting bows, cqrrying around extra shields and weapibs, but only in a defence scenario, it was like buying your wife a gun so she could defend the house

>At least Ragnars sons should be able to afford something more fancy.
Well Ivar does have a helm and a chariot but I agree the overall lack of helmets is a bit funny.

He was literally willing to sacrifice his life for another religion, that's just too silly. Stop defending such dumb shit.

GoT has the same problem.

If they're all wearing helmets and uniform clothes/armor it's too hard to tell the characters apart, especially in a chaotic fight scene or something like that.

In the show he was you fucktard.

Based on the next season's teasers it doesn't seem like Floki will be doing anything related to muslims.

>>Ass Log still alive

Wut.

yea i know directors generally don't want to cover up their pretty actors faces.

but they could've slapped some more on the extras/minor characters. And giving the rich vikings some chainmail and stuff.

didn't his waifu get stabbed to death by their adopted muslim kid

I think it's because of how the entire Norse religion was built up. They accepted their gods were mortal. They didn't necessarily think that no other gods could exist so they were open to other ideas.

Yeah. So he goes sailing off alone on some grand journey to give himself to the gods.

>he doesn't want to watch the most brutal Viking of all times in history - Ivar The Boneless.

This show may or may not go all the way to Erik the Viking's journey to North America but I can already tell Ivar's arc will be as great if not better than Ragnar's arc.

did he kill the muslim kid?

>the severe lack of helmets.
I dont get autistic over that, its a tv show, having actors mumbeling trough helmets that wont stay on correctly during scenes must be a pain in the ass
>fuck start the battle scene over again, i lost my fucking helmet
I would be a nightmare to shoot

>went from sheildmaidens being super rare to every second viking is a woman

nope, I stayed till Ragnar's death, I suffered enough.

i really don't care for the character or actor, they could have made him interesting like they did for ragnar but they made him some edgy xbox live teenager

she suduko

Does anyone else hate bjorns actor? He just comes across as a gormless idiot and he can't pull off the silly voice inclinations.

Yeah i forgot that she got killed. Goes to show just how irrelevant she was besides being annoying.

youtube.com/watch?v=S_-IdKwgW_4

why?

>Vikings never have a mid life crisis

Everyone he cared about is dead. He knows his time is coming. Looks like he will go and discover Iceland where a massive viking community will go and live so he still has big parts to play.

Because Islam.

he's on some other show now so he's done with Vikings

He is viking. Ragnar was once too.

Aslaugh was objectively a better character than Lagertha and Alyssa Sutherland an objectively a better actor than Katheryn Winnick.

I wonder if they'll even introduce Erik the Red since we already had a Leif and Erik earlier in the show.

Best scene coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=T31nEDN0o2E

lagertha was cool in the beginning, it's just now they turned her into cringey feminist power fantasy dyke

Sheiiiit I didn't know it was that soon.

>tfw I see the same thing every day but I never got to experience it in the first place

I didn't intend to imply it was a bad thing. Just saying he didn't go all muslim and shit.

Well that sucks. Would've been cool if they had given a storyline for his offspring.