Whats that show just hits too close to home?

Whats that show just hits too close to home?

Idk but I cry everytime I watch the video for "friendship through the ages" from the Rainbow Rocks bonus music videos

Fuck off to your containment board

Fukk off to hell faggot

I never watches those humanized movies. Any of them any good?

No u

The first one was pretty rough animation wise, but I mean if you go into them with an open mind just looking to have some fun spin off adventures with good songs I think they're fine, and by the second movie Sunset becomes a much more likable character than Starlight in the show IMO

Rainbow Rocks is the best one

"Friendship carries on through the ages" is kind of an empty sentiment coming from high schoolers. How long have they known each other? Like five years?

Its not about how long but how well

Clarence nails childhood moments really well when they don't go full fantasy

Actually they've known each other since childhood, but regardless, the thing that catches me in the feels is lines like..

>Nothing stays the same for long, but when it changes doesn't mean it's gone
>Time will always get away as it leaves behind another day
And
>Things may come and things may go, some go fast and some go slow
>Few things last that's all I know, but friendship carries on through the ages
And
>Been around for a long time, rockin' out hard cause I'm in my prime
>Maybe it'll change further down the line

These lines always hit close to the heart because...
I know the ride will end one day
And I will not be ready for it

What's your thoughts on the movie The World's End, bro?

S-Stop it

As someone who grew up in the city this show felt like I was on my home turf.
Playing on the streets, the urban legends, it was the little things.
Most cartoons have their settings in the suburbs, something I can barely relate but most cartoonists seem to have grown up in one of these.

Are there more shows based on big cities like Hey Arnold?

I liked how the comics and this animation captured high school dialogue/priorities pretty well. Not that it's necessarily challenging, but it felt pretty genuine compared to how a lot of media portrays high school friendships and relationships.

Yeah, I liked how Hey Arnold was set in a working class neighborhood in an inner city I didn't appreciate the show and the setting until I had moved away from the big city, but it's something I can appreciate now.

I think the creator even acknowledged that the setting in a working class inner city neighborhood was intentional since these places get ignored or something like that.

Not exactly the same sort of city vibe, but Phineas and Ferb takes place in a city I believe

Nope, it's a suburb

Imagine being Lisa during pic related when she might have harboured feelings for Scott

>tfw I know how exactly Lisa felt being the third wheel

Yeah, not to mention she still maintained the friendship with Kim and Scott after they started dating. Then, years later, meets Scott again just to find out he has another gf.

I just want Lisa to be happy

Well,it is kinda out there that Scott does feel a bit for Lisa,if Kim wasnt there then maybe it would have happened but now Lisa has to settle for sneaking her hand on Scott as they walk home together whenever Kim isnt around for school,bringing him to her house after he drank too much so as to make sure he doesnt get into trouble with his parents,hug him too hard whenever he and he has to go on their seperate ways and being the one he trusts to reveal about moving to Toronto

It doesn't help actually being a loser from New York.
I-it's not fair.
She was best girl.

>New York

H-Harlem?

She deserves happiness
I wish I could have her
but she deserves better

No, Brooklyn.

>Tfw you will never have a childhood friend like Lisa

You don't want to man.
You'll blow it like the rest of us or, it wouldn't be as good as you'd want it to be.

It's better than what we've already got

I know how that goes. There's no cartoon that's set in a Rust Belt town that actually feels like a Rust Belt town. There's a couple of shows that pay lip service to the concept of being set in Detroit or Cleveland but don't really seem like they're truly set there outside of a passing visual reference or saying the city's name every now and then.

I come from a smaller city than either of those though. I was able to feel some love from some live-action media. My childhood experience was much closer to the mundane parts of Amblin films or Eerie, Indiana. My hometown is this bizarre mix of actually somewhat important city, small town, farming village, and transportation hub. It sorta doesn't make sense really. But if you lived there you'd get it. But I guess that's why it's hard to portray in media because it isn't any one thing. So you could only hope any show or movie captures any small part of it.

Anyway, shows that hit too close to home, I was like 95% Wirt when I was in high school.

She isnt a childhood friend tho

bump

Fucking this. That episode almost made me cry

BROOKLYN? I'm here too bro
we need more port of Kim, best girl

Me too, in fact a can find a kid like Sumo or Jeff or even Clarence if a dig in my childhood memories, so relatable.
I don't think my adolescense was that interesting but i think that the idea while making good stories is that anyone can feel identified and also recall a friends or girlfriends like in Scoot Pilgrim's style, it's and curious insight.

The exact plot of Mystery Girl has never happened to me. But similar situations with girls like Bella have occured once or twice. Probably my favorite Clarence ep.

Why not both

I had a chick who has been chasing me for years, and i fucking denied her sex once, and then I made her cheat on her boyfriend with me a year later. She hates me now

>Dating drummer chicks

>Dating in the band
if you do this you're a piece of shit

The new season started with an episode of one of the main characters going to other school and how Clarence with it.
When I thought they were going to go full status quo, they actually keep it that way. The whole episode felt really awkward, and even tho Sumo appeared for a few seconds in the next episodes, it's been already a few episodes without showing him at all.

If they do a rencounter episode where they feel how they lost the spark, they gonna hit jackpot.

never fucked In the band, or even was for that mstter. what's bad about band sex?

You'd ruin the structure of the band.
What if it doesn't work out? You'd now have to deal with all this awkward tension which will just end up in a person leaving and taking their instrument. And now you and your fat unattractive friend sound like shit.

Sex is a notorious killer of relationships user.

your life sounds like the shittiest Big Black song.

>My hometown is this bizarre mix of actually somewhat important city, small town, farming village, and transportation hub.
>It sorta doesn't make sense really.

Nah, it sounds about right for the Midwest Iowa?. I spent about a year of my life travelling throughout the Midwest and I'd see tons of towns that were basically the regional railroad hub that were basically the big city of the region, yet were still pretty much a small town.

>Lisa
>Kim
>Knives
>Etc.

How can one comic have some many great girls?

Toledo, Ohio But glad to know that people get what I'm talking about.

bump

Scott Pilgrim honestly hits way too close to home for me. I have pretty much the same personality as Scott and a lot of similar baggage it's scary. I fucking hate it.

Pretty much the same, except I don't have multiple beautiful women pining after me.

>ywn be a teenager again in the mid 2000s

Yo same (even dating an 18yo chinese highschooler atm)

did u have a qt lisa

i'm starting to see a pattern in Sumo's episodes

I had someone similar who had a crush on me in highschool and I didnt know about it until my early 20's. We had a similar situation where we fucked eachothers brains out on the couch one night after I found out

>Detroit
I really like God, the Devil and Bob but I hated how the show supposedly took place in Detroit, an 80% black city, but there's literally only one black guy in the show (not counting MAYBE one or two nameless, lineless people in background).

Maybe by "Detroit" they meant "an unnamed suburb in the Metro Detroit area," but in that case they should have just said the name of the suburb instead of calling it Detroit. I think maybe the creators never even lived in Detroit. One episode had the characters going to the DMV, but in Michigan we don't have the DMV. We have the Secretary of State office.

>that spoiler tag
i want to believe its true and i will because i am numb to disappointment and meaningful emotion

A large amount of states don't have a DMV but it's still used as a catchall by writers who either haven't done the research or want the audiences to immediately understand what characters are talking about.

Motorcity and Transformers Animated are frustrating. Because they do more than usual but it still feels like the writers skimmed a couple of paragraphs on the Wiki page and decided that's all they needed.

But there was a really cool ep from the 90s Hulk cartoon where he and Thor fought Gargoyle in the salt mines. They had a fight in the tunnel and there was even some throwing down on the Ambassador Bridge. That shit was cash. It felt like somebody cared. Even if just for a one-off ep.

fug

bump

Naw bro Friendship Games is best. That stealthy way it introduces the villain and the full-circle it does with Sunset is boss. Not to mention in re-tracing the ending of the first movie it actually did it right.

Im in MN and and have worked in a lot of different towns and totally understand this werid midwest shit.

Moved to MN back in September. Twin CIties area now. I love it here. Much better than Florida and way more opportunities than my hometown.

How comfy is the midwest

Sadly this.

For me it's like regular show because I feel like both Mordecai and somewhat rigby.Mordecai can't do anything that he wants because he's afraid of the outcome that it's going to immediately slash out at him and he will just live on to regret it.Rigby gives me the sense that I have all these ideas that I want to be and want to be noticed,the only thing I don't like about Rigby is that he's selfish and willing to throw people down the bus so he gets what he wants he's a bad friend to say.Idk but that's how I see regular show and I still rewatch it.

>Florida to Minnesota

Good trade, user

They're all terribly executed story-wise and the character designs are butt ugly. Only reason to watch them is if you want a shitty humanized horse with bacon-hair for a waifu.

Depends on where you're at. When I was in the Midwest, I found a lot of comfy spots throughout the region. Of course you're going to find your shitty spots too, but that's a given.

Here's a pic I took in Wisconsin if you care.

>BACK IN THE 90'S...

MN reporting in and can confirm super comfy. Even in the "big" cities.

looks perfect to take long walks along the river with your gf ;_;

Florida to NYC is better

Pretty perfect to do alone too. Everyone wins.

But wouldnt it be more romantic with a gf

Possibly. But walking along the river and going from one city to the next by yourself has its own sort of magic. Heck if you walk towards the military installation you'll end up in a park with a big waterfall in it. Pretty cool for the Midwest.

Sadly?

Maybe because you fucked it. you fucked it, mate

>I had a chick who has been chasing me for years, and i fucking denied her sex once, and then I made her cheat on her boyfriend with me a year later. She hates me now
No foolin'?

The second one has some really good songs and a fun trio of villains, but story-wise none of them are anything to write home about.

This

I'm working on scripting a webcomic I'm going to make about childhood living in what I coin a sub-rural area. Not suburban but not rural, a weird mix inbetween where your entire back yard is slope down into the woods and there's no sidewalks anywhere. (Pic related, I'm from Not-On-A-Map, CT, USA)

Are there any shows or stories that have a similar feeling?

Hey Arnold?

hey arnold is in a city with lots of sidewalks, this is the furthest thing from a city

I guess I mean regionally similar

Have you seen the series?

>that Princess Carolyn painting

fuck, her character is already sad enough, why did he have to do her face like that

Godspeed user, i grew up in a similar place.

how comfy out of 10

>That speech about just latching onto someone and taking whatever love you can get
>"You'll discover that everyone loves you, but nobody likes you. And that is the loneliest feeling in the world."
It's too real. I'm getting there day by day.

not him but original guy

10/10 comfy growing up, but 2/10 after you turn 18 and theres no nightlife or social life or careers in your field

now im in the (((NYC))) and I relish every minute I spend visiting my parents back home

>everyone speaks my language
>everyone is NICE
>no loud noises
>beautiful scenery

Where in NYC?

queens

trying to move to brooklyn, but it feels like its just picking the least crappy area/borough to live in instead of moving somewhere you actually want to live

I feel ya, buddy.

>Soundview, Bronx
>Poor transit connection
>Live near projects
>Not a lot of great food options
>Most affordable place for me

I kinda feel ya. Grew up in a place that was too big to be a homey small town where everyone knows your name but too small to have the big city feel or have any kind of real relevance (or anything to do.)

>being A FUCKING LEAF

if youre looking for a roommate and want to move somewhere nicer... (unless you already have one, in which case damn)

I'm actually moving to Maryland in two weeks, but I appreciate the offer

It depends entirely on where you live. Hell even in a single town it can change. I live in a nice and comfy neighborhood where nothing ever happens but just ten miles down the road at my job I'm on the cusp of the projects and a lot of shitty white trash that just steal everything.

bump