So is this scene good or bad?

So is this scene good or bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H8lWfnYK7C0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>blatant fanservice
LOL YA ITS A GREAT SCENE!!!
LOL MY FAVOURITE SCENE IS IN AVENGERS WHEN HULK SMASHES LOKI LMAOO!!

It was lame. Vader may have looked cool 40 years ago but now he's just comical. He needs a complete redesign.

Complete and total fanservice, but still the closest we're going to get to full OP Starkiller action in a film

>You will never see big budget kino of Starkiller ripping Xwings out of the sky

It would've been good if he'd killed the main characters during that scene instead of just a bunch of nameless goons

it was good anyone says otherwise contrarian plebs

It's not related to the movie in any way, so it must be good.

Yeah, it’s a well done scene

No one loves you

>if you don't like it you're a big meanie poo :(

Decent, but Vader could have had a much greater presence in the film. It was a poor man's fanservice.

in the context of the movie it's complete fucking nonsense, especially since they were memeing that Rogue One was a standalone movie that can be watched with no knowledge of the other movies.

>We get to finally see Vader kill people other than children and sandpeople
>People bitch

It was the best part of the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=H8lWfnYK7C0

Just rewatched ANH, no new star wars will reach this level. Such genius and passion. Knows when to hold back.
The new movies are all and will all be just pale imitations, which TFA already was
Star Wars is dead

are you 14?

Bad.

It was one of those "This guy isn't actually dangerous, it's just that all of his opponents are completely fucking incompetent." If any two of the rebel soldiers had fired at the same time (or just didn't somehow completely miss the target) then Vader would have been fried.

Same problem with the blind monk beating the shit out of all those stormtroopers with a stick. Stop running up to him to get hit in the face when you have guns - just walk backwards while firing, you dumb shits.

It's a good scene, though its placement in the movie feels incorrect, and it's very clearly something added in reshoots. It feels weird to have this "epic slaughter" -after- Jyn, Cassian and the other protagonists have all died.

Would have worked better to perhaps have it happen a few scenes earlier, maybe have Jyn be the one who escapes the room with the plans, and have Cassian heroically sacrifice himself to slow Vader down.

Tying in Leia and Vader at the end was just dumb. This movie had the opportunity to show Leia's princess relations, to show Alderaan before its destruction, to show the rebellion prior to Luke's arrival, and most importantly to show how much of a beast Vader was on the battlefield. Instead they opted to ignore all of that to force their own little side story that isn't even accurate to the established continuity.

>Decent, but Vader could have had a much greater presence in the film.

With JEJ's moribund voice acting?

I loved his voice acting in the originals but his work in Rogue One only served to remind us that Disney's Star Wars films are keeping this shit on life support and not allowing it the dignity of its natural death. We certainly did not need more of that in this film, which was already on shaky ground.

To be fair JEJ is on deaths door

Dont know why they are bringing him back for Mufasa

Bring back based Irons

Have you told your parents that you're gay yet?

The funny thing here is again Vader is OP fighting on a complete plain with no perceptible high ground. Even more amusing is the ship escaping from him changes altitude to get away so Vader no longer had flat ground advantage. And furthering this Vader completely takes the ship in Star Wars and puts it in the Star Destroyer hanger to again get the flat ground advantage. The next time he is hurt by the high ground is when the Millenium Falcon ramp lets han, leia, chewie, luke and the droids escape!

I actually interpreted that scene as being a little more clever than they probably actually meant it to be.

To me it seemed like they were deliberately showing Vader dominating in a high stakes situation to show how far Kylo Ren is from where he wants to be.

Imagine if Kylo was at the end of that corridor. Now I don't doubt that all of the troopers would have ended up dead, but Kylo would be shouting, getting clipped with blaster fire, probably screaming about returning what they stole. Vader just moves through them like they're nothing, no words, no emotion, no effort. Kylo would hack through them in a berserk fury because he'd be so desperate to get the plans back, he doesn't deal with high stakes well at all.

I took that scene to be an illustration of the gulf between Ren and Vader, and how desperately Kylo has been chasing what's probably just out of his league to begin with. But maybe I'm giving them too much credit, it was probably just meant to be a "look how cool Vader is, buy more merch" scene.

I liked it though.

ITT: No fun allowed

Good analysis but that's giving them far too much credit

This, but ironically as well. ,':^D

>le fanservice
Fucking retards

It's a good scene and no amount of redditledditmemeier bitching can change that.

Honestly? It was a well executed scene. I liked it a lot. 8/10.

Not an argument

It really was. Shame that this was the only good part.

>was it good?
Technically yes.
>was it necessary?
No. Argue all you want but Vader went into that consular ship alone then pussies out in ep. 4 then lets stormtroopers die, wasting men. Did you not remember how easily Anakin deflected literally hundreds of droidtrooper blasters? Vader could have easily dispatched the rebels himself. They should remake ep. 4 seeing vader's reaction when he sees threepio and r2 walk past him. Vader would pause then brush it off as a coincidence, not the same droids. Disney, hear me out. Remake the OT and give back the original theatrical versions to the original fans

if you consider continuity with saber fights between the first two trilogies then I guess you can call it bad

That's the problem with John wick and nolans batman movies - bad guys with guns run up to good guy instead of doing what anyone would do with a gun

Vader suit can get hurt by blasters

>there are people in real life that want a remake of the orginal trilogy

I'd rather have a slasher film where Vader is a Michael Myers/Jason Vorhees style killer, mercilessly stalking rebels across planets and brutally murdering them. It would go a long way towards showing why people were terrified of this clunky weirdo.

Why didn't almighty chosen one high midichlorian count Vader use the force to pull the ship back?

MUH BONER

>>Rebel outpost on remote planet with something important that the Empire wants, holding out to the last few men, then retreating to caves as vader and his bodyguards wipe you & your comrades out one by one

No one steal my idea pls

I thought it was great. We always heard about how fucking strong Darth Vader is supposed to be, but I never got that feeling from his fights in the original trilogy. It was awesome getting to see Vader go all out in glorious next gen instead of limping around like the crusty old fuck that he seemed like he was in the OT.

disney are too pussy to have vader kill them characters on screen.

Disney really seems to want to brand Vader as some ultimate badass with all this new stuff.

It's shit and RUINS A New Hope just for the purpose of reminding everyone VADER IS SO BADASS XDDD

Also why the fuck didn;'t vader just use the force to pull the disk out of the rebel's hand? What the actual fuck?

Anyone who gets upset at this visually striking scene for "fanservice" but gives TFA a pass belongs in the trash.

>something important
>not just discarding the macguffin plot device and making it a Jedi Hunter movie
>a member of the early Rebellion is a Jedi Knight directing raids from this remote rebel outpost
>detective Vader making use of his extensive underworld contacts and networks of informants to track down this Jedi and the rebels he commands

They should have given him his ROTJ armor instead of that silly New Hope mask.

starkino

You disgust me.

I kind of like that he's still going, mostly because I loved his commentary for Jurassic Park's documentary back in the day.

>le spooky found footage
Absolute garbage.

It's the only enjoyable scene in the movie

in the original cut of rogue one their was a slasher style sceneset in a darrk forest with vader moving through the darkened trees and slaughtering rebels like horror movie while they fled. they took it out in reshoots for being too scary

if you didn't like this scene you're a contrarian or a faggot, or more likely both

>remake the OT
This should be a bannable quote tbqh

It was amazing, I almost clapped, seriously

To a galaxy full of normies he may as well be a goddamned Force of Nature. Basically only the Emperor, a select few living characters and the Audience knows he was once(and still is) a pissbaby

Bad.
>Vader in the OT only whipped out his lightsaber on fellow Jedi. Him using it on normie rebels takes the "mutual respect" among Jedi out of it
>the end of RO takes place about 2 minutes before the beginning of ANH. So Vader goes from insane violent rampage in RO to cool, calm and collected (and in not much of a hurry) in ANH

>clapping in movies
I thought this was just a meme

Ever been to a theater mate?
I was using a hyperbole though.

It was some fun fanservice in an otherwise mediocre movie.

His rampage in Rogue One wasn't that insane or hurried, if anything he took his sweet time.

>His rampage in Rogue One wasn't that insane or hurried, if anything he took his sweet time.
No. He took his sweet time in ANH. He waited for his troops to blow the door and fight their way in. In RO he went in full steam.
And if he had whipped out his lightsaber on the Tantive IV like he did in RO, no way Leia would have been able to get the droids off the ship with the plans.

It was better fan service than anything in TFA. Which is saying something, because TFA's true strength was as a fan service experience.

The scene on its own is good, it shows Vader as an unstoppable monster in a way we never really saw in the OT

the problem is that it comes after the movie has already reached its logical closure point and the movie just keeps going and going, putting in hamfisted fanservice scenes in order to tie it off with the original film in ways it didn't really need to, plus it creates a massive plot hole with the beginning of ANH

It was great, not only did it was some great fan service; but just like the rest of the film it greatly improved the original trilogy.

This scene shows how the death star is not the only superweapon of the empire; even if the rebels manages to destroy the death star, they still have to somehow kill this unkillable monster. This greatly enchances the importance of Luke for the success of the rebellion, making his training and characer development more meanignful

Kylo would stop all their blasters midair, hold them there, then throw them back and kill everyone. Nu Wars.

vader blocks and deflects the lasers with his hand mate (both in the original series and in this scene)

That's my feeling too, should've done that. Disney are idiots. Would've made it a lot more memorable.

Watch it again. They either fire one at a time (because his lightsaber can only be in one spot) or they just completely miss, even when 5 feet away from him. It's dumb as fuck.

I know but what I said is still true, its hard to catch with the editing. How else are they gonna film it? have him block constantly or just knock everyone down with the force? They can always just say he was using the force to throw their aim off.

>le meme sith

Kylo is 10 times more of a credible threat.

SO what, Count Dooku did that. Vader killed Dooku.

>How else are they gonna film it?

No other way, and so we come back to the fact that
>It was one of those "This guy isn't actually dangerous, it's just that all of his opponents are completely fucking incompetent."

In a world with guns, men with swords will never be able to realistically pose a threat.

what about forcefields

What about them? Look at droidekas - they have forcefields and they still use guns.

So this is the power of Disney.

bu they dont shoot at people with forcefields...

Sorry but I don't get what you mean. Why do forcefields make a difference in the blasters vs lightsabers argument?

I wish people like you were systematically killed off.

lightsabers go through forcefields no?

A cynical scene in a cynical film produced by a cynical company.

It's unapologetic nostalgia pandering and fan service.

ANH is easily the worst non-prequel film.

Right but that simply means that a lightsaber can negate the forcefield, not the guns the forcefield user is firing. A sword user would still have to walk up to the guy who is (presumably) shooting at them the whole way.

Guns are still better than swords in every way. The only time you see Jedi win is when their enemies take turns firing or have complete dogshit aim, or when they use their Force powers (which they could still use if they had a blaster, essentially being a magic space wizard operator instead of a magic space wizard knight).

>ANH is easily the worst non-prequel film.

5>4>7>6>>>>>RO>>>>>prequelshit

It was basically fan service, however, it was still an awesome scene. You now got to see how powerful he really was as well as getting stomped from the other sides point of view.

what if jedi has forcefield

In a world with personal forcefield protection, there will be weaponry designed to be able to defeat it, even if only by virtue of being highly destructive (otherwise droidekas would be invincible). If it takes 20 guys firing accurately to take down a Jedi with a forcefield, that Jedi would be able to wreak much more havoc using a firearm designed to defeat shields, rather than running in with a sword and chopping away.

Essentially, a lightsaber will always be a handicap to a Jedi, when the option to use a blaster exists.

>If it takes 20 guys firing accurately to take down a Jedi with a forcefield, and those guys have shields too
Is what I meant

Exactly. Why not remake the shoddy ANH? It's like keeping the kid scenes in the remake of IT then just playing the adult scenes from the 1990 miniseries with some enhanced cg. Fucking dumb.

ok but the force is basically a forcefield

Ok, which begs the question of why they need a lightsaber.

I mean lets look at what Jedi can do. They can shoot lightning everywhere, run super fast all over the place, convince certain people of anything with a wave of their hand, and crush men and droids with just a gesture.

What the fuck do they even need swords for? The use of firearms and explosives will augment their lethality much more than any laser sword.

it looks cool and if you arent vader/kylo you can't deflect lasers with your hand

Haha the ironicy

>it looks cool

Exactly. Its purely for entertainment, but I will never not point out that a competent group of marksmen should easily be able to put down any Jedi in about two seconds, unless he just instantly fries their ass with lightning or snaps their necks. Which Vader did not do in his big Rogue One scene.

The music made it seem cooler than it was. The whole scene was really awkwardly put together. There's hardly any continuity between the rebel soldiers and where the ones we see are hunkered down at any point in time. Some of them are clumsy not in a "we're so scared we keep fucking up" way but in a "this was edited together really poorly" way. Vader sticking the guy to the ceiling was really fucking stupid.

But it was enjoyable the first time I watched the scene. It could've used more cleverness to it though. It almost felt like something they shot months after the rest of the movie with the fucking B squad.

>great fanservice
Who gives a shit. Star Wars is fan service my friend. Giving us on screen example of what Darth Vader has always been described as is in line with what we expect from Star Wars. I ain't even mad.

>What the fuck do they even need swords for?
Tradition. And it's cool as fuck.

GOAT

It was fan service but It was one of the few scenes I liked

nope

5>4>6>>prequel shit>>>>RO>7

id rather gag on jar jar's cock than have Disney make another star wars "movie"