Tell me Sup Forums, why does Marvel have no popular female characters?

because females don't actually exist in the marvel universe. just agendas.

Because they did their best to sideline their most popular ones (muties, Sue) and no one will ever give a shit about the newfags they're trying to force.

the x-women and susan storm are marvel's most well-known female heroes

but because they're at fox, we're getting the CAROL PUSH and other hot garbage like 2 different gwens, kamala (used to be good, already over-saturated and shit), squirrel girl, she-thor, mcu version of gamora, etc

kys

Why they don't push the everloving hell out of She-Hulk, I have no idea.

Why does DC have no popular female characters that aren't Wonder Women?

Supergirl, Batgirl, and (sadly) Harley

She-Hulk is pretty popular though. and most X-girls.

Really? You forgot Catwoman?

Yeah I did, I guess maybe Ivy should count too at that rate.

Hell, I forgot fucking Lois Lane now that I think about it.

right after you do what you were made to do and blow me

stan ree got triggered quick i see

Which / how many Supergirls?

Yeah, but the problem is Marvel isn't pushing them and Fox completely fucked them over.

I bet most normal people can name more female DC characters than they can Marvel, faggot.

Because She-Hulk isn't fun, now. She's gone serious and angsty, now that she's in the Hulk title.

The first 3 issues have been some of the most boring issues of the year.

>Wonder Woman
>Lois Lane
>Catwoman
>Poison Ivy
>uh.... Supergirl? Is there a Supergirl?

You are vastly overestimating normies.

it matters not

I bet everyone of them is a Batman character. Fucking tired turned out DC schlock.

I'd argue Disney fucked them over more, before Marvel got bought out they could have made deals to cross promote X-men and the Fantastic Four with the MCU since it would've been a smaller studio sharing profits but since the fucking hulking juggernaut that Disney owns everything FOX would probably rather release a bomb every few years than let a competent studio take the reigns of the FF

That's still more than Marvel. They'd probably only say Black Widow. Also

>Not mentioning Harley

Lets be real with ourselves, Harley is indisputably the most popular female comic book character right now.

You might have something if you asked normies to name characters outside of Batman books.

>That's still more than Marvel. They'd probably only say Black Widow.
You're forgetting the X-Men. Big in the 90s, cartoons, video games, lots of ways they shoved these characters in normies' faces.
>Harley is indisputably the most popular female comic book character right now
But you said normies. Comic books don't fucking matter to normies.

Because "Female version of a male hero" is problematic. Females who take on the identity of a male hero after that male hero ceases to be seems to be okay. If they had decided to just make Jennifer take over as Hulk after Bruce died and drop the "she" descriptor it probably would have been fine.

normies know Harley from video games not comics, dumb double normie

So what if most of the popular females originate from Batman? That's not the point I was getting at. DC has more popular females than Marvel. You lose.

Marvel will barely even put MCU Wanda on merchandise or give her half the push that other characters have gotten.

That's literally a book right now.

>You're forgetting the X-Men. Big in the 90s, cartoons, video games, lots of ways they shoved these characters in normies' faces.
They aren't really that popular outside of Wolverine and Deadpool. Seriously, whenever some big channel does a top 10 X-men, all the casualfags say "Where's Deadpool?"
>But you said normies. Comic books don't
fucking matter to normies.
Comic book as in, she is a comic book character.

That's what is literally already happening.

And it's boring as fuck.

wanda is very interesting and potentially a great character for a solo movie but they share half the rights with fox over her, so she will never get the push

female characters that normies know:

Marvel:
Black Widow
Scarlet Witch
She-Hulk
Rogue
Jean Grey
Storm
Mystique
Invisible Woman

DC:
Wonder Woman
Harley
Supergirl
Batgirl
Catwoman
Poison Ivy
Lois Lane
Black Canary
Felicity Smoak

missing anything?

Where have you been?

Any 90s kid will know Storm, Rogue, Jean Grey and Jubilee. Add the female characters from the MCU and that's more than they'd probably name of DC.

>Felicity Smoak

Only self-insert fangirls know her. Normies don't.

Honestly I don't think they'd know She-Hulk but they would know Mary Jane, at least based on my own former normie days

>3 issues in

>no hulking at all

>boring legalese subplot

Fuck me, why did they do this

Man, no normie knows who the fuck She-Hulk is.

Because that's the kind of shit liberal women read: soap-operas.
They never cared about super heroines, only their popularity and exposure.

Those aren't normies, their nostalgia fags. Same people who remember Starfire, Raven and Terra from the Teen Titans series. You over-estimate how many normies remember the animated series outside of the intro.

fpbp

Agenda's are what drive all the shit in Marvel.

All you need is some good ideas, good writers, (interest from female readers) and you would get some popular female characters

and no average joe is ever going to mention Jean Grey by name. None the women you listed have the pop culture of appeal like Catwoman. You'll need at least ten characters from marvel just to measure up to her alone.

>You over-estimate how many normies remember the animated series outside of the intro.
And guess what, the intro had all the characters and their names. Boom, they remember them.

>no average joe is ever going to mention Jean Grey by name
see above

Because even comic book makers recognize that chicks are trash.

I haven't read that book but soap operas aren't boring. They've got crazy twists and turns. If the book is boring it's not because someone is trying to emulate that.

They're more likely to remember her from the films than the cartoon.

anyone who think soap operas are boring has never watched a fucking soap opera

There is literally an entire franchise devoted to just female DC characters.

I don't know how old you are or how you think this world works, but literally everything on this planet has an agenda. Yes, even your mom and dad.

Why is Sup Forums always arguing about what characters are most popular with normies? Obviously anyone who's been in a popular movie/show is more well known then even the most popular comic heroine without an adaption.

not of the leddit variety

>in the next 10 years Bumblebee will be more known than Storm

Yeah go ahead and keep shitting on your X-characters, Marvel. Surely won't hurt in the long run.

It's a serious character drama instead of the light-hearted adventures and cheesecake that usually make up She-Hulk stories.

that's my main point here, that what you're describing doesn't sound like a soap opera

Somebody's seriously overestimating Catwoman's popularity.

spotted the waifufag.

They have. They just don't have a Wonder Woman and they're barking up the wrong tree with Carol

Don't even with people like this.

I imagine he tells his dad to look under his bed at night to check for agendas.

I'm kinda surprised that Marvel hasn't done something similar for the X-Men. Even if they can't get the movie dosh a sprawling toy franchise would provide a steady revenue stream.

so its shit because they're trying something different?

If I knew you people would take a 12 at night shitpost this seriously I would have tried a lot harder.

>They've got crazy twists and turns.

That in itself doesn't make a plot interesting, this kind of dumb thinking is what got us Shamalaha.

Oh yes please do tell about the exciting plot developments of Beautiful o fat one.

They're trying something different and failing at it.

Well, in this case it's about a woman with PTSD who will turn into a giant rage monster and tear through Manhattan if she loses control. And her current legal case involves what is essentially a mutated insane woman with a monster fighting eviction.

When his parents have "the talk" with him, it won't be about sex, it would be explaining how "agendas" work. Poor kid been living his whole life thinking he was safe from agendas.

catwoman is in the top 3 most popular DC females along with WW and Harley and all 3 are in the top 5 most popular in comics

let me touch your agenda babe

>Don't even
OMG I CAN'T EVEN

LIKE WTF DRUMP IS STILL PRESIDENT?!?!?!

OMG OMG WHY PPL SOOO DUMB RIGHT? #FEELS

But if the comic was doing twists and they fell flat then that would have been mentioned. Instead it was just "boring" like it's decompressed with nothing to talk about.

I think he was talking about a POLITICAL agenda.
Or are you implying everything is political? No one can be THAT dumb outside of California I'm sure.

She-Hulk has always been my favorite, because she's fun. I've only read the first issue of the new series. So long as it's just a temporary change for Jen it's cool. I want my fun Jen back eventually!

I never understood the actual justification for the X-Men ban video games and merch. It's not like anyone would have avoided hearing about the movies but somehow would have found that more specific shit first.

>like it's decompressed with nothing to talk about.

That too, one thing doesn't exclude the other.

So Carol being Captain Marvel is problematic then?

No one is mentioning that the comic has erratic twists. Does it? Or was the "soap opera" comparison indeed flawed?

>I think he was talking about a POLITICAL agenda.

I mean some of the greatest fiction ever produced has had political agendas. Saying something has an agenda or political agenda isn't really good nor bad.

Marvel has always pushed a political agenda

Assuming Fox only has movie and tv rights a video game would be a perfect place to screw them out of money. A major video game can equal blockbuster income and Disney has no shortage of developers and publishers that have worked with them before.

It's obvious he's talking about the feminist agenda. Kids are always afraid of the boogeyman.

>Saying something has an agenda or political agenda isn't really good nor bad.

He didn't say that, he said that replaced actual characters and characterization.

>Marvel has always pushed a political agenda

That's kinda true, they pushed it since the beginning, but when they didn't it made for some damn good stories and those are the one people remember.

>Walking home from school
>Walk by man in long black trench coat
>He stops me and goes "Hey, kid. You wanna buy some agendas?"

That was the first time my innocence was taken away from me.

>Kids are always afraid of the boogeyman.

You wish.
The only ones afraid of a feminist are gynecologists.

I think Fox only has live action rights. No cartoons or video games or anything like that. It's Marvel choosing to leave them out of shit.

Boogeyman? Marvel writers unironically use shit like "mansplaining" in their dialogue.

>That's kinda true, they pushed it since the beginning, but when they didn't it made for some damn good stories and those are the one people remember.

Keep in mind, when they did, they also made very big strides in terms of pop-culture. We got Luke Cage, Storm, and Black Panther out of a clear political agenda push.

Or maybe you're just too dumb to know that erratic twists aren't the only distinctive trait of soap-operas, yes?

>Luke Cage
>Black Panther
>big strides in terms of pop-culture

There are other qualities but nothing anyone has said so far really sounds anything like a soap opera. If you feel like the book is similar to one why not explain why instead of failing to understand that's all I'm asking?

>He didn't say that, he said that replaced actual characters and characterization.

Hell he didn't even say that. You're giving him too much credit. Clearly a lot of those female characters(Like She-Hulk and Storm) were created exclusively with the agenda of having strong women or a woman counterpart of a strong character. That doesn't alone make the characters horrid.

Luke Cage and Black Panther are on the come up. Black Panther will be A-list by the end of 2018.

Cite another example of the feminist agenda in Marvel comics. I bet you can't. Hell, I bet you can't even name the comic that quote you mentioned originated from. You don't read comics.

>Clearly a lot of those female characters(Like She-Hulk and Storm) were created exclusively with the agenda of having strong women or a woman counterpart of a strong character.

That's not a political agenda.

You're right I wouldn't know because I don't read SHIT comics. Get out my face and get that sand outta your pussy.

>In highschool
>At part with friends
>A friend gets up and shouts "Hey let's play twister!"
>Everyone shouts "YEA!"
>Another friend shouts "Let's watch a scary movie!"
>Everyone shouts "YEA!"
>Another friend shouts "Let's play video games!"
>Everyone shouts "YEA!"
>Another friend shouts "Let's go do agendas!"
>Everyone stops and look around at one another
>Everyone is clearly upset by the notion
>Kick friend from party
>Avoid him at school

Like seriously what the fuck was he thinking wanting to do agendas?

Nah. Fox has done shit all to promote the X-men outside Wolverine, Magneto and Prof X. Mystique is debatable because Jennifer Lawrence makes no attempt to play the character.

>That's not a political agenda.
It was done to endorse a political agenda. Especially Storm. There's articles from the past talking about how she was created to add diversity to the X-men.

>If you feel like the book is similar to one why not explain why

Because nobody asked? Who the fuck are you Little Lord Fauntleroy? This isn't youtube dumbass I don't need to make an in-depth review.

The gist of my comment anyway was that it deals way too much in emotional and social drama for a Shulk comic, and does it poorly (Jen is OOC for one).

There's no real such thing as a political agenda in comics if we're being fully honest. They aren't trying to sway policy. They're trying to make money by targeting certain demographics (both ideological and of the age/gender/race/whatever shit). This whole conversation is dumb.

Where were you when you first got your agenda Sup Forums?

The day you stop being a child....and stepped into the role of a man.

edgy teenager confirmed.

For all the the times Perlmutter has lived out the Jew stereotype he sure is bad about making money.