Does Karnak himself have weaknesses?

Why is this guy so powerful?

Jesus, I can get his powers being able to break physical things, but being able to overwhelm an S-class psychic such as Jean Grey? That's a bit way too much for me.

It seems like he has no equal in combat in general. I remember him jobbing out to Ironman in Civil War 2, but that was a one time thing. Other times, I think he could legit take down the Hulk.

His power to perceive flaws should be distinct from his ability to exploit them, yeah.

Like if Jean is feeding false information into his brain to fool his physical senses, him being aware that the information is false shouldn't lead to him being able to break through the illusion.

But no, instead he just touches a point of light in the wall and everything flakes away.

>Why is this guy so powerful?

Because he is one of the 5 or 6 main Inhumans and Marvel was/is trying to make them the glorious new franchise.

LOL. In Warren Ellis' Karnak another metapowered human proved Karnak had a weakness. His weakness is his own hubris and his deeply hidden regret over not being a true Inhuman.

In a fit of rage and jealousy, Karnak killed the guy to silence him. Pride cometh before the fall for thee Karnak.

He could detect the weakness in a sound frequency. His powers is not only to see the flaws in all things but complete control over the movements and functions of his muscles, bones, heart and some sort of negative enlightment.

Imagine him using this ability to attack Jean's psychic frequency. She should be glad that he just throw a rock on her.

Inhuman kung fu.

Didn't even know Ellis finished it, thanks OP

to beat karnak you just have to hit him with shit he's never seen before and overwhelm him before he can manage to analyse it.
all of the inhuman upper echelon have psychic resistance training, and it still took Karnak an entire day within za warudo before he managed to break out of her illusion

>Does Karnak himself have weaknesses?
Jelly doughnuts

A knee to the face from a non-meta seems to work quite well.

Keep in mind though Panther also managed to put the Silver Surfer in an arm lock

>His weakness is his own hubris
this is a strong mary-sue red flag. It works with villains but for a hero it's just a card they can raise in a panel before solving it in a line and go back to invincible mode.

Lets not acknowledge Reggie and his pile of stupid.

Is pride realy his weaknes? I would say it something more primal.

Well it depends who is writing him. He brags about his ability to see weakness right before he gets his ass kicked several times

It's especially jarring since he got defeated by Daredevil just a couple of months ago

Man, I wish he had killed the boy. He gave him permanent brain damage, instead, just because he pointed the fact that Karnak is incomplete. Pure evil if you ask me.

And it's not that he just regrets not going through terrigenesis, Ellis wrote him like he actually HATES the mere concept of someone gaining power or skills through anything other than a harsh training. Add the daddy issues ("my dad never believed I could be something other than what he wanted" was basically what I took from the last couple of pages of #6) and you have a pretty fucked up dude.

let's also not forget that black panther defeated one of thanos' goons that later took annihilus, ronan and gladiator to defeat

Jean could kill him in a second though

Yeah, when he looks into a mirror, he sees his own weaknesses and insecurities reflected back.

He got beat by Daredevil recently. Karnak's weakness is the closer you are to his natural abilities the less likely he is to beat you. Karnak's thing besides finding weakness's is beating powerful people. People who have never actually read Karnak think this is some recent thing he has been pulling crazy shit like this for decades.

Figuring out it is fake and breaking free is how most non psychics get out user. It's why Charles taught everyone how to notice that shit.

Could Karnak shatter Cap's shield or Mjolnir?

Cap's shield doesn't have any flaws and Mjolnir doesn't have any physical flaws that could be exploited. He could probably pull off something like what Nick Fury did to make Thor unworthy though if he goes full bullshit-mode.

>Mjolnir doesn't have any physical flaws that could be exploited.
it's metal, so Magneto can lift it

He can repel it while it's in mid-air, but once it's on the ground he can't move it.

>Mjolnir doesn't have any physical flaws
I;d argue the hilt is waaaaaaaaay less durable than the uru head. if he shatters the hilt, you're left fighting with just a magic brick. may as well join Wrecking Crew at that point.

> Guy with a rock
> Robot Chicken

What's up with the person in the picture with his eyes looking different directions. He retarded?

well, yes

Yes! Karnak's daddy issues and his insecurities over being incomplete drive Karnak, but not always for the better. This was deliberately done by Ellis.

At first I thought Ellis was writing him as a Mary Sue. But then it turned out that he was a villian

I NEED THIS. I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Who knew the silver surfer was weak against bricks. Thank god he spends most his time in space.

This is what I call the Rincewind. Halfbrick to the head. No cosmic entity or an elder god is immune to it.

Ellis doesn't write Mary Sues or Gary Stus. That's why he's a Damn good writer and deserving of praise.

Ellis was building up Karnak for the readers for the moment Karnak is revealed to be fundamentally flawed in every way. In other words, Ellis' Karnak is an indictment against the eponymous character.

Yes. But I didn't know that untill the final issue. I was really scared that it was the first Ellis's book I didn't like.

>Does Karnak himself have weaknesses?

Did he ever think about looking in a mirror to find it out?

I got you, user. No worries.

Yes, that was the point of Ellis' Karnak run. Karnak is a wholly flawed individual, who compensates by finding flaws in all those around him.

He is vulnerable to ambushes. He also cannot distinguish Deadpool's real weakness from the numerous false signals his constantly healing body transmits.

Being better super Kung Fu and being able to ATATATATATATATAH him before he can even lay a finger on you

i figured his weakness is not being fast enough to hit the weakness