...so, a Molotov cocktail, eh?

...so, a Molotov cocktail, eh?

John Goodman is such a good actor.

Granted Goodman was smashing, indeed. Especially in the first part of the movie, where you're not really sure just how fucking nuts he really is.

I think making him an actual psycho was a mistake.

They should have made it grey and questionable.

Totally agree. Besides that plot with that kid who isn't actually his daughter, and the photo, the earrings and that stupid help there... that was just.... JUST. For multiple reasons. Number one: that guy for sure would have cleaned up that help written from within, further he'd have found the earrings by himself (he notices and sees anything), and he wouldn't have come up with such a stupid lie to begin with... totally out of character, just for that crapplot.

...and then the molotov cocktail. top kek.

Oh fuck I think I just remembered her fighting the fucking mothership in the end.
Wouldn't it have been much better if she had to live the rest of her fucking life in that bunker?

I honestly think the last 10 minutes of the movie were pretty dumb. It should have ended with her seeing the ship and her realizing that she fucked up.

>Wouldn't it have been much better if she had to live the rest of her fucking life in that bunker?
Yes. The problem here is that they wanted to bring twist aliens (instead of silly rossia) to the kino. That's not going to happen down in the bunker, isn't it? Somehow you just feel how many parts in this script have been written expecially for some kind of "kino experience", instead of trying to tell a coherent story (that might not work that well in kino)... not sure, maybe the director (or whoever) just sucks.

> It should have ended with her seeing the ship and her realizing that she fucked up.
But she already did that. The pigs didn't work. But that women smashing her head against the outer door certainly did the trick. That was cool. So far so good. What wasn't cool, was that psycho/kid/earring subplot, which restarted the whole thing all over again, driving her out of the comfy basement. For reasons....
The script just falls apart somewhere along the ride...

I recently rewatched it last week and it was just as jarring as I remember.
I wonder if the original ending is lying in a garbage pile somewhere?
To this day I still don't get why it had to be tied in with the Cloverfield brand.

Once again, Mary Elizabeth Winstead taints another movie with her shitty acting.

I guess you can't do that kinda thing in modern movies anymore.
Imagine in the firt SAW if they had gotten out right?

>I guess you can't do that kinda thing in modern movies anymore.
You can, but it requires a certain level of intelligence and humor (or whatever you wanna attribute it to; doesn't matter too much, I guess).
The older I grow, I realize how few true masters of kino the world has seen so far. Like in any other business/job too, most people just suck at it. And to a certain degree it's the culture. With Hollywood it's a systematic failure anyways.

>I guess you can't do that kinda thing in modern movies anymore.
Doing what? Writing and commiting to a coherent script?

>Imagine in the firt SAW if they had gotten out right?
Didn't they do that in saw II, and what followed was the whackiest auto-kino in ages? top fucking kek. :D

This had to be one of the worst bunkers I've ever seen.

Swiss here. Can confirm.

>Mountain collapses from blast
>Bunker and everything in it gone
Nice going there bud

I completely agree with this. It was my first thought. I almost couldn't believe it kept going how tacky.

Literally improves every single thing he's in, he was the sole redeeming factor in the shit pile that was Flight AND Trumbo

Name recognition, is all. They knew that if they slapped the name on some random script with a vague sci-fi premise, it would drive the hype levels up for something that would have otherwise been ignored.

reminder that the 3rd 'cloververse' movie releases on 2/2/18

he's still a somewhat sympathetic character for how troubled he is.

>mountains collasping from anything
You're overestimating the size of the bunker with respect to the mountain