Superhero movie tier list (Blade onwards)

Superhero movie tier list (Blade onwards)

> Excellent (9/10+) - Logan is the only 10/10

The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2, The Incredibles, Captain America: Winter Soldier, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Logan, X2,

> Great (8/10)

Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man, Batman Begins, Watchmen, Unbreakable, Blade 2, Hellboy 2, The Punisher, Dredd

> Good (7/10)

The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, Wonder Woman, Iron Man 3, Spider Man, Guardians 2, Spiderman: Homecoming, Deadpool, Thor: Ragnarock, X-Men, X-Men: First Class, Blade

> Decent (Solid 6/10)

Avengers: Age of Ultron, Iron Man 2, Man of Steel, X-Men 3, Doctor Strange, Captain America, X-Men: Apocalypse, The Incredible Hulk, The Wolverine, Hellboy, Kick-Ass

> Barely Passable (5-6/10)

Spiderman 3, The Amazing Spider-Man, Superman Returns, Thor, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Ghost Rider 2

> Bad (4-5/10)

Batman V. Superman, Suicide Squad, Thor: The Dark World, The Amazing Spiderman 2, Hulk, Fantastic Four 2, Green Lantern, Kick Ass 2

>Dogshit (3 or less)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Blade: Trinity, Catwoman, Elektra

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8qyxA38zsZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oddly enough I feel like capeshit got big (at least on Sup Forums) JUST NOW

Basically all I see are capeshit threads now. Not a bad tier list OP but Logan was like an 8

Pretty solid capeshit list

I think it's essentially the best Western of the 21st century.

BvS is 9+

I'd switch Logan for the dark knight as the only 10, but other than that it's a solid list.

wow, what a bad list

Good bad or bad bad?

bad as in wow that's badass or at least it would be if it weren't so shit

Blank man and steel are underrated

Swap Blade 1 and Hellboy. Also, which Punisher movie? Jane was great but unfortunately his movie was subpar. War Zone is totally retarded and fun as fuck, on the other hand.

>> Excellent (9/10+) - Logan is the only 10/10
>The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2, The Incredibles, Captain America: Winter Soldier, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Logan, X2,
stopped here

Jane's movie. I think it was an R rating away from being an action classic.

>Logan 10/10
Oh no no nooo

Punisher Warzone?

Why would you watch so many capeshit movies

Like why would you actually do that to yourself

More like the best anything of the 21st century.

Logan is amazing in the first half but really falls to classic Fox X-Men cheesiness in the last half. The villain being an evil clone of Wolverine was fucking retarded and so were the mutant kids.

This.

It's an amazing movie regardless of its superhero genre.

cheesiness?? Also the villain was logan himself. The clone was basically a henchman.

Be honest now, which 21st century westerns have you actually seen?

it's fucking cheesy to have a mindless clone of Wolverine and a ragtag group of superkiddies and it's jarring as fuck in contrast with the tone of the first half.

slow west is second best. Django isnt even in the top ten imo.

nope. I cant relate to you at all. They set him up from the start and it's the best metaphor and use of character. There were already two bad guys in the movie, if it wasnt his clone but some other guy then they needed another 20/30 mins for his character development. Also, imagine if the doctor had powers, now that would have been cheesy. Or imagine it was a character with powers who was just evil for evil's sake. Now that would have been cheesy.

You mean the first part were the psychic old man and the father-daughter pair of healing animal people with unbreakable metal bones and claws are hunted by cyborgs employed by an evil corn syrup company in the future desert?

3:10 to yuma
Bone Tomahawk
open range
the homesman
no country for old men
assassinatiion of jesse james by coward robert ford
rango

come to think of it these are all better than logan though

>metaphor
as a metaphor it's so fucking hamfisted it's embarrassing
>DUDE WOLVERINE IS FIGHTING HIS INNER DEMONS/HIS PAST SO HE HAS TO FIGHT A LITERAL CLONE OF HIMSELF THAT'S MINDLESSLY VIOLENT

does No Country For Old Men really count as a western?

yeah, no shit

okay, you come up with a better metaphor and climax for the character, you armchair critic fuck

If you consider Logan a western but not No Country For Old Man you need to reconsider your definition of the genre.

yeah i'd say so., got all the thematic elements, or at least those of an anti-western.

You forgot Hell or High Water

It isn't subtle but it works for the story better than anyone else would. I think for me despite the Western style and themes it's still a superhero story at it's core and shit like evil clones work perfectly fine in a genre like that.

>barely passable
>Superman Returns
>The Amazing Spider-Man
>Ant-Man

bait

>Captain America: Winter Soldier, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Logan, X2,
>better than unbreakable

Iron Man 1

I did not. Hell or High Water sucked.

sicario was great though.

No, but neither does Logan. Neo-western maybe.

>Superhero movie tier list
So just dogshit? Capeshit belongs on /coumblr/, fucking degenerate nigger-lover.

Logan and iron man 1 share nothing. Logan is a sending off for the character and the actor, you cant compare that to the beginning of a sequel. And besides, iron man had 1 bad character. Tony was in a sea of good people except one, logan is the exact opposite, Logan is in a world that is against him.

>X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Never really saw the big problem with this one. Other than the stupid Deadpool design, it was just an average movie to me. I liked it better than X3.

You must be 18 or older to post on Sup Forums.

The ending of Iron Man doesn't even compare to Logan. Shit it started the Marvel trend of weak villains and endings.

>rewrite history in dofp
>it fucks up the world even more and xavier killed all of the x-men himself in a fit of superpowered dementia
wow I guess logan regrets that

these stories have been around for thousands of years.

Yet he died from one bullet to the head in a deus ex machina way by a Mary sue.

>Bone Tomahawk
>3:10 to yuma
>rango
>better than logan

no

Excellent (Strong 8's to 10):
>Spider-Man 2, Logan, The Dark Knight, Spider-Man
Great (Strong 7's to weak 8's):
>Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Man of Steel, Batman Begins
Good (6-ish):
>Captain America, the First Avenger, Thor, Thor: the Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok, The Avengers, Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, The Incredible Hulk, X-Men, The Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Batman, The Dark Knight Rises, Spider-Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galazy vol. 2, Hellboy, Hellboy: The Golden Army
Mediocre, Pleasant at best (Strong 4's to low 5's)
>Spider-Man: Homecoming, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Iron Man 2, Ghost Rider
Bad, but with redeemable qualities:
>The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Iron Man 3, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X3: The Last Stand
Just Bad:
>Fantastic 4, Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Oh no no no tier:
>Batman and Robin, Catwoman, The Phantom

Only ranked what I've seen, but I feel it's fairly complete. Probably forgetting a few. Could probably break the "good" category into stronger and weaker films, as it is now it's the repository for competently made but not great films.

>let me post my shitty top 10 list to impress my reddit bros
kys faggot OP

This. Qualify it as a western all you want, but as far as cape shit goes it's an 8/10 if being generous

>giving any capeshit anything over a 6

plebs

>333
>says truth
Most underrated post ever

You mean he died from a bullet explicitly set up and established earlier in the film as being able to kill Wolverine and the entire reason he even had it was to literally kill himself. And I don't understand how anyone can see Laura as a Mary Sue unless they're just using it as a meaningless buzzword.

Incredible Hulk over Ang Lee Hulk means I can't take the rest of the rankings seriously

Logan is overrated unfortunately

upvoted

>Logan is the only 10/10
>story falls apart after Las Vegas

>Batman V. Superman and Hulk in Bad tier
>Iron Man 3 that high

No love for Hellboy 2? I thought its ending was justified.

This is essentially the stupidest thing I've read on Sup Forums all day.

I listed it. It's definitely in the top 5 films of the Good tier, barely missed the cutoff for the next one. I found that the film was a little weak in the middle, but the ending was fabulous.

No The Crow?
>DROPPED
I disagree with everyone's tastes here anyway.

congratulations OP, by your devotion to capeshit you just prove whose genes should be removed from our genetic heritage as a species

Aaaand you're an idiot. Have you ever heard of Perseus? Stfu.

Dafne Keen is a qt and I wish her success in the future

>Captain America: The Winter Soldier

what makes it good? I watched it drunk and don't remember much

>dofp 2 points above first class
dropped

Good plot and character development, amazing fight scenes.

In addition to what said, it keeps a great pace until after the highway scene and they get captured

It was one of the earlier cape flicks that went full on genre film as an espionage thriller, and still remains unique within the MCU in that capacity. The action scenes were excellent and the characters well developed.

Good:
Logan
The Incredibles
Hellboy
Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Iron Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Dredd
X-men: Days of Future Past
The Dark Knight

Fine:
Everything not specifically named

Bad:
Superman Returns
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Thor: The Dark World
Man of Steel
Justice League

Awful:
Batman Vs. Superman (cinematic release)
Suicide Squad
X-men Origins: Wolverine
Catwoman
Elektra
Daredevil
Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider 2
Got bored here but the usual suspects fill out this bracket

Fucking how?

Imagine thinking any of these movies are anything higher than a 7/10. I loved Logan but if you think it's a flawless film, you're a fucking idiot.

not that guy but he has a point. First half makes that shit seem normal and possible in the real world. Second half often feels like any other X-men film. That's not necessary bad (I love X2) but the first half was something very special and not like any superhero film thus far.

I feel like that's half the point. The film starts out with the environment shitting on Logan. There's no wonder, no magic. He's jaded and disillusioned. As he regains a sense of self and purpose, the magic slowly comes back leading to the climactic final scene and death. I thought the structure was wonderful (I'm not the guy who called it a 10/10 though).

>Good tier
unbreakable

>capeshit tier
everything else

how many modern westerns have you seen? and how many were acclaimed as much as Logan?

Only reason I put Logan down to an 8-8.5 is because of the villains, the kids (not x23), farm house family bullshit, and wolverine 2.0.
Ruined it greatness.

Not bad. I would put The Dark Knight above Logan though. Winter Soldier is more 7. Dredd should be 9. Batman Begins is more like a 7. Kick Ass is more an 8. Ant Man was a 6. Daredevil is more a 4. Batman vs Superman is about a 7. Suicide Squad is 3 or less. Kick Ass 2 is 3 or less.

>The Dark Knight

Heath Ledger. The plot is terrible and pointless.

>Spider-Man 2

Spidey turned into a cuck by Mary Jane

>The Incredibles

Cartoon version of Watchmen. Also, "Man of Murder" is okay when the villain threatens your baby.

>Captain America: Winter Soldier

Villain computer tells Caps the whole plot instead of being programmed to mislead him. Shit plot hole.

>X-Men: Days of Future Past

Pretty solid movie. Not CapeKino, but a decent SF plot.

>Logan

kek. Xavier dies hilariously, and multi-culti mutant kids escape to the mountains of North Dakota. I repeat: THE MOUNTAINS OF NORTH DAKOTA.

>X2

See X-M:DoFP

Justice League wasnt that bad

Agreed. It's a good movie, but I don't think it's a Western, it's high-tier capeshit.

Yeah sorry pal but it looks like Westerns are to intelligent for you.

True Grit was pretty gr8 IMO

The John Wayne version had the comfiest opening theme though: youtube.com/watch?v=8qyxA38zsZU

>he ranks capeshit
>he's seen that much capeshit
>he thinks TDK was wasn't shit

AHAHAHA why don't you take "your" opinions back to r eddit simpleton and take these retards with you

>What is No Country for Old Men

What a garbage post

True Grit is excellent.

It confuses brainlets though because its a film about the subtleties of perspective; events witnessed by a 14 year old girl being retold by a "respectable" 40 year old woman. This is what the Coens were really interested in and it comes from the book not the John Wayne adaptation. There are things she doesn't understand which leads to some minor weird incongruities and the dialogue isn't what the characters actually said, its what the narrator represents them as having said. Its very clever and goes right over the heads of many. This applies to the whole film, not just the bit where Mattie has a fever.

All that aside its fun to watch anyway.

The first two Raimi Spiderman films, the first two X-Men films and the first two Nolan Batman films. All the rest are shit

>Logan is the only 10/10

>>>>>>>>capeshit

I agree completely with you
would throw in there Batman Returns but that's it
everything after that was just souless

Pretty solid list. Where does Justice League fall?

dear god, this board deserve to be split, I dont give a fuck anymore
Sup Forums /film/ and every capeshit in Sup Forums or make your own god damn board

this thread is pure cancer, capeshit needs its own fucking board

>Logan is the only 10/10
it's 3/10 at best kek

this post actually triggered me

3rd act is a letdown.

Good:
>Blade
>Blade 2
>X-Men
>X2
>First Class
>Batman Begins