Post cools animation

Post cools animation

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post?tags=takafumi_hori steven_universe
vimeo.com/76129556
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Old cartoons and good animation

When will this fucking meme and we are living in 21th for fuck sake! There is no need to look at this barbaric and full of patriarchy propaganda stuff. Watch something good instead lik SU, SvE or even pastel ponies no such hand made garbage

What's the word on the new Popeye movie?

>When will this fucking meme die! I mean, we are living in 21th for fuck sake! There is no need to look at this barbaric and full of patriarchy propaganda stuff. Watch something good instead lik SU, SvE or even pastel ponies, notsuch hand made garbage
FTFY

I have some bad news, user.

completely dead.

I think (hope) that it got cancelled.

If someone wants to do gods work they could go and make some webms out of Cats Don't Dance. The 20th anniversary is coming up in a few weeks.

I know this is extremely well animated and colored, but something about the character's design and movements is very offputting. It rings extremely false and as a result is very irritating.

Can someone in the know explain why this is?

It looks like they animated a 3D character with basic movement, messed with the framerate, and detailed in the little bits afterward resulting is two different styles of animation fused into an uncanny amalgamate of movement.

It weird but I like it.

nice.

It is extremely false and irritating because it's over-the-top hyperactive. It's tiring to look at.

is that a jojo reference?

source?

Nah

OP specifically said "cool animation", while that webm certainly is good animation it is nothing interesting to look at

Isn't eating all that spinach cheating?

It took me awhile to realize it but that guy has almost the exact proportions and movements of the proffesor-dog-guy from Treasure Planet.

I really should watch Maxx one of these days

It's the same animator.

I can see it.

that's what i figured, even though i couldn't say anything about which qualities made me think that it was from the same animator it felt really obvious.

Color: 10/10
Poses: 10/10
Facial expressions: 0/10 makes me wanna puke

Even if he's deliberately smiling like a lunatic, that still makes him way offputting. If they'd just made him sad and a little less hyper it would be so much better.

Damn he makes it look so easy

"Actually, I don't really draw that well. It's just that I don't stop trying as quickly. I keep at it. I happen to have high standards and I try to meet them. I have to struggle like hell to make a drawing look good."

It's like the guy took what didn't work about Treasure Planet and multiplied it x10.

The reason why it's off-putting is because the context is missing. This guy is literally a door-to-door salesman pitching his postal service.
The same qualities you get from car salesmen, time-share scammers, and insurance agents looking to strike an immediate deal is exactly what's being portrayed in an exaggerated manner.

the context isn't the issue. it's the head doing a slight "no no" movement whenever he moves that gives the whole weird impression.
It works with furry art because there are animals that link head bobbing with body movement, but for humans it doesn't.

>children shows used to be feature this kind of stuff

>The reason why it's off-putting is because the context is missing.
I knew the context and still find it gross. The web you posted only makes it worse. All the same problems are still there, plus the little girl who looks straight out of a Chuck Jones cartoon.

It's like his style is a mish-mash of techinques that, while well-executed, don't compliment each other at all. It feels like the people working with him on TP really balanced him out and made his shit watchable. And even then, the robot was just ass.

Actually, it's closer to how a doll with a bouncing head behaves. And yeah, that's too much movement to look good.

Also, I don't like the movie's premise.

This is from the movie.

This whole thing pisses me off for some reason.

Pretty much all the stuff above leaves me in awe while this just strikes me as having all the wrong priorities.

Even better, that way the parents taking them to the theater can enjoy the pseudo furry underage fap bait.

GOMU GOMU NO RIFLE

What do the marks on the right side mean?

Is Luffy just Popeye knockoff?

Wow, what a fucking underage.

I know this is bait, but does anyone have a webm of the scenes in 'Mindful Education' where Takafumi Hori did animation?

sakugabooru.com/post?tags=takafumi_hori steven_universe

Imagine if this actually gets made into a Full Film as intended.

Interesting.

It shows the timing of the in-betweens. The key frames (main poses) and in-betweens (frames that make it look smooth) are done by different people to save time

>pseudo furry
Y'know if you replace their button nose with a half-circle nose they look exactly like human character designs.

>underage fap bait
They're not underage, they're, uh, 18.

so who wins?
superman or popeye after an entire 2 silos of spinach?

>He thinks superman can even touch a toon.

I am pretty sure they are underage.

Ill give you a clue, its not Superman

more like dominator hips

>not posting the Popeye cartoon with rotograph backgrounds

still a nice pick. The background in this is still beautiful. Plus very fluid animation on the two main characters

too bad we dont get to see this anymore

Milt is god

This isn't actually good animation, you would know this if you had the first bit of clue about the topic.

This is just a fuckload of unique frames, making it look "smooth", but it lacks any sense of physicality, timing or momentum. Like they're fighting underwater.

John K, leave

I think this was a Richard Williams but I'm not sure, can anyone confirm/deny?

Neil Boyle

>People who have their heads so far up their ass they don't realize their brain is actually just producing shit, not credible opinions

Timing. Nobody knows what it is, but it's fucking important to animation.

What's up little guy.
How's middleschool going? Getting good grades?

It brings up notions of free will.

is that a jojo reference?

movie was meh up until this point.
this point made the fucking movie
THE FUCKING MOVIE

B-But muh dick!!!!!

Rate this

>she pushes him away
nice

I'm sure I've seen another webm like this so I think there's more, what's the source for this one?

Only if you for some reason believe in free will.

vimeo.com/76129556
It's weird but great.

>those frills
JAAAMES BAXTER

Disagree. That was some fine perspective and foreshortening.

I just want them to finish the movie already

That was artistic angst speaking. He was the outright best draftsman at Disney.

He used to hold the pencil right down near the tip to avoid "flashy lines". Everything he drew, every line, was deliberate and as intended.

>post things that will never happen in western animation again.