Define kino and do it so a complete pleb can understand it

Define kino and do it so a complete pleb can understand it.
>I don't think you can do it, Sup Forums.

It really makes you think

poopy

Did you, OP, enjoy a movie? If so, it is not kino. The movies that I enjoy, on the other hand, are kino. If you have ever been to Reddit, you are a pleb, and so any movie that you enjoy is not kino. If your movie has ever been discussed on Reddit, it is not kino. If your movie is reviled by many people, then it must be kino, because most people are plebs.

Just print out this checklist for future use:

[_] Did it star a little girl?
[_] Do the people who hate it vote Democrat?
[_] Is the main character a sad white man?
[_] Do you, at any point, want to have sex with the sad white man?
[_] Would your family, friends, or co-workers describe it as unwatchable?

If you have checked three of these four boxes, then yes, it is kino. If you have checked all of the boxes, then it is the ultimate kino. If you have checked less than three of these boxes, then you are watching pleb flicks that you should discuss with your fellow soyboys on Reddit.

Pls non-meme answers? Legit asking for myself.

Its just a way to say that you like a movie user.

Ok. Thank you. I went to Reddit once at the behest of my nephew (little shit that he was at the time). I couldn't understand the interface so I fucked off back here. Thanks, user. Would the legend of 1900 be considered kino by Sup Forums’s standards?

Kino post

I see but it seems to be used here in different contexts. I went on a TV sabbatical for eleven years so I'm pretty much a pleb.

Lurk more newfag

Fuck you, I've been here since I herd you liek mudkipz, if you know anything about that. I just don't haunt Sup Forums. Excuse tf outta me.

shitty twitter meme

>I went to Reddit once
Then no, The Legend of 1900 is not kino. However, you may reverse your fortunes by telling us that you hate it. If you do, then it is kino. You must sacrifice your love of the film for its own good.

Once! Once! I never went back! Jesus, you guys are harsh.

*unzips katana*

Kino is a film that completely uses it's visual medium to tell a story, the written narrative is just a device for the actual visual narrative. Think of Tarkovsky films for example.
But now since the word spread to reddit the term has become a total meme where anything that has any redeeming qualities get's called kino right away

So why is Sup Forums so ate up with this word? Holy fuck.

Because the word "kino" literally means just cinema in a few countries (Germany, Russia, the majority of the balkan countries etc) so it's quite memeable to pretend like it means something greater while it's just a dumb word for a theater and you get meme itterations like kínographique for maximum meme factor

Fascinating. Any other Sup Forumsisms a noob like me needs to be aware of? I literally stopped watching TV & movies a little over eleven years ago.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand kino. The meaning is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of film theory most of the filmmaking tricks and techniques will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also the kino’s artistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the director's vision - their personal philosophy draws heavily from the works of film theorysts like Henri Bergson, Sergei Eisenstein, André Bazin and Zack Snyder, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these ideas, to realise that they’re not just artistic- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike kino truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Pulp Fiction’s existential catchphrase “Damn! That's a pretty fuckin' good milkshake!” which itself is a cryptic reference to Codless’ epic Fat Little Milk Cow Bess. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Christopher Nolan’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Great pasta but not exactly what I'm looking for, thanks anyway.

Ok, for a real answer let's define what a good movie is. A good movie to me and I assume to anyone else is a movie that makes you feel like you got your money's worth. You may leave the theater thinking "that's was pretty fun", then you go home. Now, just because a movie is good doesn't mean it's kino. To be kino is to be remembered, movies that leave an impression on you and stick with you for a long time or even your whole life. Plenty of "good" movies suffer from being forgettable like the A-team movie The Losers which came out the same year I think. I enjoyed both movies but I can't tell you what happened in them because they didn't do anything really outstanding. And another point is that kino is as subjective as any other opinion. Movies that were kino to me were Drive, Bronson, Blade Runner, and RoboCop but someone else might write them off like I write off superhero movies. So in short, kino is something truly great that leaves you fulfilled yet still wanting more, also lurk moar.

>>I don't think you can do it, Sup Forums.
who are you quoting?

Films that aren't mainstreamed enough and have their own quirks.

you feel kino it isnt defined

BvS

as easy as that

>get plebs to understand kino

You don't realise how this works do you?

If they understand kino they aren't plebs

IT's like leveling up in a video game but instead of experience points it's artistic merit and kino is the final level.

translation of the word movie in german