Are these the two most boring movies of the year?

A Ghost Story is actually good, though.

Not enough quips and explosions for you?

I don't understand why people think so, i find nothing good about it, i almost fell asleep

WOW what a fantastic scene, absolutely ART at its finest. a pie eating scene for 10 minutes, WHY has nobody done this before?

>N-n-not enough explpsions for y-you?

Great argument for defending a shitty movie

A Ghost Story looks like it was crafted with surgical precision to be the most boring movie ever made

it's a VEGAN pie too...!!!

"Boring" is not a valid argument, it only says what your mood was while watching the film.
Same as saying "it was fun", that does not indicate anything about the actual quality of the film whatsoever.

Of course they're not "valid arguments" but they're valid descriptors of a boring ass movie

Loved this scene. Would pay good money to watch roonroon eat a pie live. Also a ghost story is a pleb filter

There is nothing more worse than a boring movie, and yes it says something about the actual quality of the film, meaning that the director has failed to keep us connected to the main characters or the story

Most of the general public find films by Tarkovsky "boring", probably because they are a bit slower than todays films. Are they bad films then?
Most of the general public find flicks by Marvel "fun", probably because it's non stop braindead quips and mindless CGI action. Are they good films then?

>Most of the general public

I don't give a shit about normies, but it all comes down to the person himself

it's 43 seconds you ADHD fuck

why does rooney look like kate?

Ghost story is truly a stupid movie. The ghost can throw shit around but cannot get that fucking paper. Travels back to the past after killing itself. (a fucking ghost commiting suicide). That stupid edgy monologue.
A predictable ending would have been good. Lego girl goes backs to the house, takes the paper out as sheet man is hanging by her side, she opens the paper an then the ghost vanishes.

Everyone always shit talks the pie scene, but the emotions in that scene are something that just about everyone has felt at one time in their life. Not the same situation but the whole angrily eating something trying desperately not to cry, hoping the next bite might take you mind off what is troubling you. Fuck off pie haters

If you thought A Ghost Story was boring, I'd like to see ya'll watch Inland Empire.

oh my god you are dumb

I did watch it and it AGS was still more boring. Inland Empire was shit btw, Lynch lost his plot 100%, might be dementia

does that movie say anything about the actual Inland Empire? I live there

Ghost Story looks like the kind of low-test, weepy bullshit that attracts people who love Charlie Kaufman movies.

Yes, that's why saying extremely subjective overly general things like "it was boring/fun" is no argument for a film because someone can find what you find fun boring and vice versa.

The argument is why you find the movie boring

but a movies purpose is to make you feel something, if it doesnt, it failed. that said anyone who cant feel something for ghost story is probably not white and likes transformers

Directors are pushing boring atmospheric shit hard. It's the new reddit genre

Ghost story is just a movie trying to be something its not and fails, and no i don't like transformers

>"new reddit genre"
t. plot driven surface-level casual who doesn't watch films released before his birth year

that movie was creepy good, but i didn't like the old english dialect.

Why does it fail? Tell me specifically.

I literally do not feel anything for the main persons through the movie witch leads to me not giving a shit about what happens to them witch leads to me not caring shit about the movie itself

>in 2 of the best movies of the year
Rooney only makes kino films

No. It's just a bad movie, just because you can stomach it doesn't mean it's a good movie.

Why is it a bad movie? What did it execute wrong?

I don't feel anything for the main character of the majority of Kubrick films and I don't enjoy his films in general, but I would be pretty dumb to say that they are bad films just because of that.
As I've said, you have to have an actual argument.

The Witch is one of the most entertaining movies I've seen this decade. I think only soulless bugmen legitimately can't enjoy such kino.

I just gave you my arguments, i could barely watch the full movie so im not going to say that its a fucking good movie cause i think its just trying to trick people like you to think that its good because of the way the scenes are witch are these still and long one shot scenes witch are poorly made

Holy fuck user are you okay? Did you just have a spasm midway through that post?

>"it is bad because it's poorly made"
bravo my dude spot on right there, exquisite insight on the subject

is that your comeback?

yeah i think the long shot scenes where too long and had nothing mutch to them, what am i missing here?

Song To Song is the most comfy kino of the year

still waiting for someone to tell me what im missing out on

Testosterone.

>boring

oh ok, people can't even explain to me why ghost story is a good movie, typical Sup Forums

>you'll never swallow hokens cum

It's a good movie because it's a fresh take on death, loss, coping, and moving on. Rooney Mara was a good choice because she is always able to be cold and detached on the outside while clearly being a screaming trainwreck on the inside. She's the perfect vessel for the audience to insert themselves and imagine if they lost someone they loved deeply.

It's a bad movie because the writer/director was too self aware which made the final product a bit overdone. He tried too hard.

It's also a bad movie because Casey Affleck.

One of the main themes of the film is time and the film uses the long shots to give perspective on how much time did the ghost of casey actually stand by her presence (like the pie eating scene) and further explores this theme by using the non linear narrative and going back in time. The long shots are essential for the film to even work.