Logan huh?
Pros
>X-23 being a lab experiment
>toe claws
>Patrick Stewart
>road trip with superheroes just like OML

Cons
>no real explanation on why mutants are so few. Just a throwaway line
>No on screen version of the Wolverine costume. Not even with X-23 in a final shot. Inb4 it would look dumb
>no "I'm the best there is at what I do etc." Not even on his grave
>no "bubs"
>no final fight with Sabertooth. Should've been the main villain instead of "muh creator's son"
>Professor X being a jobber

No wonder it just went down 68% in the box office.
Why does most of Sup Forums think its the greatest thing since any Marvel Studios movie?

It was just X2 with a loli. So actually it was just the first x-Men.
>ooh but this time it has gore! Lol. Wolverine actually kills people
But there was NO PURPOSE TO IT. All that r rating did was allow them to swear, show some tìts, and become The Evil Dead with Old Man Logan. It served no purpose to the actual story.
Deadpool I get. You gotta make Deadpool R rated.
But why Wolverine? He's literally the only X-Man kids know. So by putting all the Extra "mature things" in all you did was screw yourselves out of the easy buck from kids dragging their parents yo it.

>Those cons

You're kinda' stupid.

>>All those cons
YOU MISSED THE FUCKING POINT! This film wasn't about nods to the source material! It was about the last legs of Wolverine, not something a fatass neckbeard would bounce up and down in his chair and shout "I GOT THAT REFERENCE" at.

My only issue with it was X-24. I would have preffered Daken or a Sabretooth clone instead a Logan clone."

Negro. It was a final send of to the Wolverine from the films. Every X-men movie was a love letter to him, with him always saving the day or him having a cameo that made him look B.A. which had the audiences cheering.
Let's be honest. That was for Movie goers. The VERY LEAST they could've done was have references to the comics for the people that read them. I mean at least a yellow shirt and blue jeans?

It's a decent we'll filmed flick, that is better than any Mcu movie also your ideas, the suit, bubs and the grave shit are extremely stupid.

The only thing you are right about is sabertooth

giving x-24 a mohawk of sorts or some markings would have done the trick. little nods would have been appreciated at the very least.

just like with the shirt and jeans. They doubled down on being pricks to the comic audience and it was for no real reason other than they could.

I also didn't appreciate the "this movie is r-rated" moments like the senseless tit shot or the repeated use of the word fuck in the first 30 minutes.

this kid just keeps telling people they missed the point.

>no real explanation on why mutants are so few. Just a throwaway line
Did you miss that scene where Zander explains how he slowly decimated the mutant population over the years
>No on screen version of the Wolverine costume. Not even with X-23 in a final shot. Inb4 it would look dumb
It wouldn't look dumb, it would be completely out of place. It would clash with the tone of the movie.
>no "I'm the best there is at what I do etc." Not even on his grave
It would be completely out of place.
>no "bubs"
I feel like I'm repeating myself
>no final fight with Sabertooth. Should've been the main villain instead of "muh creator's son"
This is correct, and I agree with it.
>Professor X being a jobber
He's an elderly man prone to seizures with mild dementia and a neurodegenerative disease who got killed by a (cloned) mutant on his prime, with a metal claw through the chest, while lying in bed, in tears.

I don't know what your definition of jobbing is.

It wasn't that bad, too much serius for a superhero movie, isn't V for vendetta or Watchmen, the movie should finish in the farm scene, all the last part with the little kids destroy the movie

>>no final fight with Sabertooth. Should've been the main villain instead of "muh creator's son"
I actually wanted a friendly reencounter between Logan and Sabretooth and then the later helping Laura and the kids at the end after Logan sacrifices himself. Like a call back to Sabretooth/Blink relationship

>slowly
This movie takes place 3 years after DotFP, and at the end of that movie the school was filled with kids

And most of them got badly injured or died when X got his first spaz.

It also takes place in the altered timeline that doesn't end in DoFP. Mutants stopped being born in 2004 and Apocalypse awoke in 1983.

21 years to sterilise, then 25 years to wipe out is a long build up.

Only 7 dead, 600 injured.

>Mutants stopped being born in 2004
Impossible, the final scene from DotFP takes place in 2026, and there a lot of kids, if Mutants stopped being born in 2004 then there shouldn't be any person in the massion under 22 yo

I probably did miss that part. It still sounds like a line just written in at the last second.
But points 2 3 and 4 are the essence of the Wolverine character.

>imagine how good the brown and orange costume would look against the dessert setting.
>Like maybe the kids created it for him because that's how he looked in their comics.
>or have Laura wearing it in an after credits epilogue.

>"bubs" and "the best their is" wouldn't work.
I like you. You sound like the people around me that didn't laugh at every other line. But I still feel it should've been there to keep in tone with the previous Wolverine. At least an inkling 9f resemblance

Its like you either didn't actually watch it or did but your short attention span caused you to zone out at various points in the film

> Impossible, the final scene from DotFP takes place in 2026

That would be impossible, as Jean and Scott are teenagers at the very least in 1983. In 2026 they'd need to be atleast nearing their 60's, but they're not. They're around similair, if not a bit older than they are in X3.

>Impossible
That's what the movie says, user, 2025 or so

The R rating was well used, i found the violence rather shocking and disturbing in this movie.
Your cons seem kinda weird.
Might as well put "you heal too slow" on your obligatory quote list.

Yeah, Daken and Kimura would've been better than X-24 and Donald Pierce.
Fighting with Daken and focusing on the theme of legacy would've been better since we have already been through the fighting yourself phase of james

I disagree. Kimura would just be seen as a ripoff of Gina Carano's character from Deadpool, and Daken is a pointless change from X-24. Conquering yourself is a much better plotline than murdering your adult son to protect your child daughter.

Did they say fuck in this movie? I didn't even notice.

>refugee mutants from Mexico flee a man named "Donald" to reach tolerant Canada

"Subtle"

>Gina Carano's character from Deadpoo
Was mostly in the background doing little.
Kimura could've gone crazy.

Borders are the only reason the can even flee persecution, a truly open border policy wouldn't stop PMCs.

>The first cape film to be treated seriously by critics
>Standing ovation at the fucking BERLIN FILM FESTIVAL
>Sup Forumsntrarians pick it apart for not being true enough to the source material.

Trumpfags are so sensitive.

>Cons
Are those really cons for you? The mutant thing was literally explained in the movie and the others are all stuff that wouldn't make sense with the tone of the movie.

Why would an old as fuck Logan wear yellow spandex?

Pros:
1st and 2nd act
Last scene

Cons:
3rd act

>most of the cons are just 'lack of fanservice'
You guys seem to criticize shit more on if it matches your image of what it should be rather than on if it achieves what it sets out to

>The VERY LEAST they could've done was have references to the comics for the people that read them.

Why would I need references to the comics shoved in my face? If I want comic stuff, I read them.

This

OP's just pissing and shitting in his vintage Wolverine underoos because the movie was too busy to fellate his shriveled fanboy dick.

To be fair, the media keeps hitting them nonstop.

I thought the comic turning out to be true unlike wolvies cynic assumption would be enough, but no...

>No wonder it just went down 68% in the box office.
That's pretty much standard for superhero movies.

Only one of OP´s cons isnt stupid.
Can you guess which one?

>no "bubs"

>People in my thread mad because I dare say I feel Wolverine the character was disrespected.

It's the X-Men, they've always been about Blacks/Jews/Gays, with the addition of the topic of this decade, Latino migration.

Haven't read Old Man Logan (thought I plan to) but I thought this was a real breath of fresh air for comic book films. It was a much smaller film, with personal stakes rather than some world-ending disaster, and felt much more meaningful for that reason.
I got kinda misty at a couple of scenes, which is more than I can say for any other Marvel movies. Hope future films learn some lessons from Logan.

Can we just admit that the Singerverse timeline is all sorts of fucked up now? Logan was a great film regardless.
Yeah, once they met up with the other kids it went downhill a bit. I liked the road trip feel better.

The solution to all timeline issues

>Timeline A
The original as seen in X1-3, The Wolverine and the bad future of DoFP

>Timeline B
When Wolverine sees Stryker in DoFP he lashes out and hurts Kitty. The X-men are unable to find Rogue in time and Kitty dies and the timeline resets from that moment on. Mystique kills Nixon on live TV, leading to the Logan future

>Timeline C
The good future of DoFP

>Timeline Null
Wolverine Origins

Your ideas sound awful.

Dr. Rice, whose father put the Admantium in Logan in the new timeline, instead of whom ever stryker used in X123, made GMO corn. that contained gene therapy. So that people consuming it would have X gene suppressed and no more mutants would be born. This was done decades ago. As of 25 years before Logan, no more mutants were being born. So mutants weren't being born to people that should have had them, years before it was noticed globally.

Then sometime a year before Logan, Xavier had a seizure. Which killed a lot of mutants and injured a lot of humans.

Transigen was hunting down mutants using Calihan. Killing them and taking their genetic material to make their own mutants. This was a decade or more before Logan.

>Cons
>>no real explanation on why mutants are so few. Just a throwaway line
The guy at Transigen said that the foods he was making made regular people faster, stronger and all that, but it killed mutants as a side effect.

>>Professor X being a jobber
90 year old with a degenerative brain disease

Should have had Kimura in the movie instead of Price and they should have had Rachel Summers in the movie instead of Caliban.

Fuck off, I'm happy we didn't have another "Logan can't get over Jean" story.

I was thinking of it more from Charles' point of view, she's would have been the one caring from him while Logan was out, and her death would have had more of an impact on the film. As much as I don't like the whole Logan can't get over Jean trope, I would have loved to see his reaction to finding out that Jeans blood line died off.

Plenty of times. Xavier said it a bunch, Logan told Laura to shut the fuck up when she was saying her friends' names, and Logan said it a bit when he had his breakdown after Charles died.

By the way, I really loved how Eden wasn't actually some sanctuary, but the X-23 kids turned it into that because they needed it to be. I almost bawled when I saw Niggawatt holding the Wolverine toy at his grave

>see the movie today
>credits roll
>guy behind me says "Wolverine died? Get the fuck out of here."

Shut the fuck up.
The movie is about alcoholism if anything.

The make up artists literally give Hugh fucking Jaundice.

Goddamn You're all so stupid.

I really liked how corny it was when Laura made the cross over Wolverine's grave into an X.

I guess you missed the point of the children walking through it behind the shot to show that they were the next generation of mutants.

Your cons are basically fanservice.

I would actually watch a movie about the X-23 kids when they get older. They were pretty fucking cool.

>tfw Cyke almost got a mention but Logan never said his name

No, I got that user, I just said I LIKED how corny that bit was, I mean, the moment you saw that cross you knew it was going to be made into an X.

It had absolutely no place in Logan but goddammit, I'd have given everything I own to have seen Jackman in that suit just once.

Might as well ask here: what timeline is Logan set in? I was confused.

it didn't kill mutants. it prevented mutants from being born.

after DOFP and apocalypse.

apocalypse awakening changed the timeline again. undoing the happy ending we got at DOFP.

So x-23 doesn't have adamantium coating her bones so she's more vulnerable. Her healing factor is a lot stronger than Logan because her healing factor doesn't have to deal with bodywide adamantium poisoning so it has a stronger focus on new injuries, which makes sense. Someone said she's had her arm cut off before and it just grew back, but my question is, if you cut her arm off, the new arm wouldn't have adamantium claws, right? Since it's not natural, a new natural arm would have bone claws wouldn't it? And wouldn't it be 3 claws instead of 2 since the 3rd one was only surgically removed.

When her arm got sawed off in the comics she had to recover the adamantium claws from her old arm. I guess she has figured out a way to put the old claws back in or something.

She naturally has two hand claws, one foot claw. No claws were surgically removed, she was born with two in her hands and one in her foot.

the Logan Timeline

X24 represented what Logan was "supposed" to be. Just an unkillable ball of mindless rage and claws on a military leash, killing anything that gets in his way. That's why he was a Wolverine clone. It's also why he was younger - he was Wolverine's past.

This is why he was killed by X23.

Symbolism, you nerd.

>hey guys let's make a movie entirely dedicated to proving Erik right
Alright then

And Charles killed 7 of the remaining, so Magneto's still wrong.

>no "bubs"
Only legit flaw

>what timeline is Logan set in?
The good movie timeline.

>>no final fight with Sabertooth. Should've been the main villain instead of "muh creator's son"

Eh, I feel like with the strong theme of "legacy" the movie had, it was fitting that Logan's final fight was with a prime version of himself that was actually a mindless killing machine that threatened to undo the last few aspects of Logan's life and positive legacy.

That, and Logan's look and double-take of disbelief and horror as he saw X-24 coming down the stairs was great.

So what I get from Sup Forums is:

if it's batman "not muh" is okay and we should shit on it.

but if its some hollow shell of wolverine we can't "not muh"?

This faggot never wore the suit and shit on it in this movie. FUCK huge jackedman.

>spoon feed me and give me MCU stuff:the post

Shit taste OP

Where was that implied? Mcu is just as bad if not a little better at making the movies resemble comics. They just give the bare bones of characters and call it a day. I hate the MCU.
If anything I want what the DCTV gives.
The comic characters bought to live action.

>those cons
I sure am glad we didn't get the movie you wanted

It would look dumb. It always would've looked dumb.

The Wolverine is dead. Bury it.

Maybe they are saving Salem for later

What happened to Sabretooth?

>Why does most of Sup Forums think its the greatest thing since any Marvel Studios movie
Gee, i don't know, it could be that the MCU went to shit after Thor?

>What happened to Sabretooth?
He was a side character in a bad movie almost a decade ago, and a glorified cameo a generation ago. The only way Sabretooth could have been used in an impactful way is if he'd been far more present in Logan (the character)'s story across films.

>after Iron Man

ftfy

>not something a fatass neckbeard would bounce up and down in his chair and shout "I GOT THAT REFERENCE" at.

>tfw someone brought their retarded kid to the movie
>they shouted at every scene
>ending scene
>logan dying
>theater completely quiet
>"No..Daddy"
>Manly tears at the ready
>AAAHHRURUAHRAAHRHAAR
>"Sshhh quiet dear"
>tfw moment ruined

Karma is gonna fuck me for the hateful thoughts I had towards that retard. And every retard joke i've ever made or laughed at in my life.

Like...i'm gonna get lucky enough to have a wife, and we're gonna have like triplets or something and they're all going to be retarded

>This movie takes place 3 years after DotFP,

did you miss the "there hasn't been a mutant born in 25 years" line?

How the hell does Jean fucking Grey die in this timeline?

probably during Xaviers seizure

That costume looks terribad

you forgot that another pro was that it was rated R

>throwaway line
um, no. it's a dystopian plotline that explains why everyone is unhappy about something that they obviously don't want to talk about. the entire point was to let the audience draw their own conclusions which sets the tone.

More importantly why did she have so many gene babies?
The scientist said that the mothers were human and the FATHERS were what gave them their mutant powers.

anons... we have all seen plenty of wolverine and sabertooth fighting. come on.

>that last part with the kids destroys the movie

no the fuck it doesn't

ITT: Sup Forums practices their deep throat skills

D*sney interns on tilt

in fairness Logan telling Laura "You have to be the best there is at what you do" would have been pretty great.

it got pretty ridiculous
>mfw the film reach the final act and I overheard "this is the best Mortal Kombat movie ever!"

>Niggawatt

And now my tears are tears of laughter

>I actually wanted a friendly reencounter between Logan and Sabretooth
Was in the script, but removed.

Wat. Can you elaborate?

short of it there was two pitches. First was what Caliban's place was but it should be clear why that wouldn't work, second was Logan was going to track him down for money help but it was seen as too disjointed and took focus away from the story.

>no real explanation on why mutants are so few. >Just a throwaway line
They explain it like twice. The farmer says the goverment are putting shit in the corn and how much shit corn is used for. Rice later talks to Logan about how they're using genetically modified food and spiking the water to supress/eliminate the x-gene. It's implied that this is what's causing Logan's healing factor to fail, which causes the adamantium to start affecting him.