Stuff that would make a GOAT Netflix series

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JGrLXzFwe5g
youtube.com/watch?v=TepSYnRmcyk
youtube.com/watch?v=e8IEiwBLSxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

me impregnating various celebrities

Certainly not Max Payne. I wouldn't mind an adaption of Lords and Ladies or Address Unknown though.

It will be Max Payne vs the NRA and the white supremacist criminal syndicate. Also Max Payne will be played by Idris Elba

David Gemmell universe would be incredibly successful. Untapped market with huge potential.

>white male lead and the bad guy is a woman
Yeah right, for a netflix series changes are needed.

>Maxine Payne

who would play jack lupino?

If they do Echoes of the Great Song I'd be happy, otherwise he was a pretty shitty author imo. Dimestore fantasy trash.

Atomic Blonde intead of John Wick. Can work.

the bad guy is an Insane Italian crime lord and then a a Senator and a Russian mafia dude. Mona Sax is a good guy.

Didn't like Legend or Waylander?
Legend was such a fantastic read.

Did you even play the first game?

Honestly.
haven't really been a Potter fan since I was about 13 years old but I think it would be a good Netflix show, especially for kids.
Each season can be one of the books. I think it would work really well desu if they just let it be a fun escapist adventure for kids/teens and not full of politics and that god awful dry Netflix humor.

yes a while ago. I don't remember a woman being the main villain. I remember killing a bunch of Italian assholes

would love a single season mini series... maybe some day

Don't be so fucking ridiculous.

Holy fuck netflix just make a warhammer 40k ongoing.

Magic the gathering

League of legends

Half life

Legend of the Five Rings

Fallout

Look at image comics or dark horse

Some sort of Cthulu Mythos ongoing

Netflix miniseries

Max's family was killed by a group of mercenaries and not drug addicts

I can't see a reason why a Max Payne series that is LOYAL TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL wouldn't be the greatest thing ever made. A series that is EXACTLY like the first 2 games. 2 Seasons. Fuck Max Payne 3.

Batista

>A series that is EXACTLY like the first 2 games
Because it wouldn't be, they'd fuck it up in some way. Most likely due to budget reasons. They would not be able to get the tone right, for one.

>"One More Thing"
>The biggest gaming expo E4 is upon us and is about to reveal its next console. Depicted is a documentary-style dramedy that showcases the company's preparation weeks that lead to the big reveal including all the crunch time, the drama, the corporate espionage episodes and other gaming shit.

I read that in max's voice...

>They would not be able to get the tone right, for one.
There's nothing prevent this

>muh netflix series
cringe every time

Max Payne is dope but wouldn't it pretty much just be The Punisher?

Of all the ideas listed so far my Potter one would easily the most profitable for Netflix. Thats the whole roastie and kid market, some nerds will check it out too, word will spread, everyone starts watching it, the next Stranger Things right there.
Wouldn't be surprised if they're already planning on doing it.
All they would have to do is follow the books.

>comparing nice noir gaming to annoying capeshit

The leader of the pharmaceutical company at the end is a woman if memory serves

she's literally hillary clinton

the punisher is already out

Punisher is generic capeshit. Max is something else.

if you think this should be on netflix you're a numale faggot yourself.

>max pain is some dude whose family got murdered and goes out to kill the ones who did it
>punisher is some dude whose family got murdered and goes out to kill the ones who did it
also
>they both had a past in law enforcement or the military

keep your filthy hands of half life

Max is more of a The Fugitive. He's framed and is avoiding cops while trying to figure out what's going on. His family being related to it all comes to the picture much later.

netflix series!???

>nonstop bullet time CGI
No thanks.

>13 year old faggot that just bought max payne on steam sale
your opinion is irrelevant, numale filth

>What's god-tier storytelling from a shit one
Yes, maybe both have so much in common. but what puts Max Payne head and shoulders above The Punisher (and anything with muh dead family agruuh revenge) is the writing.

Punisher is edgy murderman who goes after ebil ppl to kill them en masse and feels completely justified.

Max Payne in MP1 is a guy pushed to the edge, who wants to get at the main people responsible for his family's murder and to understand why it happened; if it was possible he wouldn't have shot anyone but Horne. In MP2 he's almost completely lost about what the hell's happening and is usually running instead of chasing, he just wants a quiet life with his waifu but he gets no rest.

Max Payne 3 was great go fuck yourself you old faggot.

It was more Edgy Pain than Max Payne, and the talentless hacks that made it proudly ripped off a bunch of movies to make it.

>Most likely due to budget reasons.
what would be the problem here? it's all nighttime backstreets and hard-boiled dialogue, not exactly big fire-breathing game of thrones set pieces

>muh netflix series!

I'm getting sick of this netflix wankery. They would make good films, not some by the numbers netflix shit.

Seriously what made you say netflix over HBO, AMC, FX, or even film companies other than the huge dick being jammed into your throat?

>in season 3 max goes to brazil to shoot up black kids

>Netflix
Neck yourself as soon as possible leddit shit.

>making a movie about a video game

Literally stop

>Oh my Lord!
>My Lady!
>My Lord!!
>My Lady!!!

Everything by Terry Pratchett

i want all of this to happen just so everyone can hate netflix equally

reddit spacing

>the talentless hacks that made it proudly ripped off a bunch of movies to make it
did you even play a single cinematic outta max payne 1 or 2?
Besides, even if it completely disregarded Max' journey through the night; it set it self really apart like to make sense: Things didn't go the way you'd have planned and he took the worst possible way down the spiral but he remains Max Payne

The Witcher

My fucking nigga!

This dude should play MP2 Max.

Seems standard hard boiled pulp.

>not dick justice
JIVE ASS HONKY

>likes 2nd MP
>dislikes 3rd MP
Truly a pleb detector

Bummed on the lackluster suggestions thus far. I'll spice it up.
>The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch
>8 ep limited series
>Doug Liman and Tom Cruise

>Five Nights at Freddy's
>David Fincher

>Utopia
>reboot of UK series, dropped by HBOZ
>David Fincher, using completed scripts by Gillian Flynn

>Lobo
>Frank Grillo as lead, Mel Gibson oversees it (he weighed helming Suicide Squad 2)

>Gleaming the Cube
>Spike Jonze, using Steve and Billy from Stranger Things
>music by John Maus and Ariel Pink

>River City Ransom
>director of Bone Tomahawk

>The Babysitters Club
>Sofia Coppola

>Twisted Metal
>dude who directed Hobo with a Shotgun

Have you thought about killing yourself?

The only people who think this would be great didn't pay close enough attention to the lack of plot, and have never even heard of Raymond Chandler.

Max Payne, like all rockstar games, was a pastiche. A well-done pastiche, but still a pastiche. It was meant to impart a particular look and feel to a shooting game, nothing less, and nothing more.

To sit here and try to pretend that there was anything worthwhile in the plot or the characters that would be worth adapting is sticking your head in the sand.

If you want neo-noir go watch Seven or Sin City Chinatown or something.

>all this love for Max Payne
Not realizing Manhunt is TV ready

Fucking kino.

I completely disagree.

Umm why are there no PoCs in this?

exactly, it would be shit. In fact, even the idea of a Max Payne netflix series makes me vomit.

Just watch Vice, its closer to max payne then the max payne movie

youtube.com/watch?v=JGrLXzFwe5g

malazan

NO

Netflix would fuck this up so badly I don't even wanna picture it

How did you feel about Long Earth?

Completely agreed.

Yep, she's the person he kills by taking down the helicopter on top of the building, then the heli platform falls on the wreckage. Just to be sure.

Which one? The first movie is a mashup of a ton of different movies while the second is a more serious attempt at a noir story. The third is a complete ripoff of Man of Fire.

But Susan is a person of color

We can only dream user

>They would make good films, not some by the numbers netflix shit.

I think the point is more "we want these as long form series as opposed to films." Whether or not that comes from HBO or Netflix is retty moot, but I'd imagine part of it is the option to binge watch as opposed to waiting for an episode a week.

youtube.com/watch?v=TepSYnRmcyk
only Dick Justice is a worthy character

I mean maybe a spinoff but reshooting the books is heresy.

youtube.com/watch?v=e8IEiwBLSxw

Sky One currently handles those and has the intellectual property rights to any media production of them.

Now it's true they haven't made any of them in years and have no plans to since Pratchett died, but they have made 4 or 5 of them at this point, and from what I understand they've been pretty good for them monetarily, so they may not want to hand that over so easily.

It's more likely someone would do these games justice in a series format, not a big budget PG13 movie dumbed down for mainstream audiences. They already did that.

best synopsis of my favorite tragic character

>Half life
so two seasons and cancelled on a massive cliff hanger?

naw mate

Hitman was never about the story and should never be about the story.

Sup Forums

The voice acting is so fucking good.

1>3>2

Nothing that doesn't already have a strong leftist slant.