ORVILLE

>dude CLOWNS lmao
the quality of this show is all over the place. The Stars May Appear is the best episode of all 10 so far

Other urls found in this thread:

thefutoncritic.com/news/2017/11/02/fox-renews-the-orville-for-a-second-season-906510/20171102fox01/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the last two episodes (drugging&raping and holodeck bullshit) were certainly the worst of the series so far.
Who cares. TNG quality was all over the place too. It just makes it feel more authentic to me.

Reminds me of space station 13

In general I've still been enjoying it, and the last episode did really feel a lot like a TNG episode still, just one of the very good ones.

Meant to say it wasn't one of the good TNG episodes.

whens th next episode lads

Next Tuesday.

It's been getting better with almost every episode. At first I found the humour bit kinda weird, but imo they already toned it down a notch. It will never be TNG but nothing will.

Next week

I thought it was pretty good for a holodeck episode - at the very least it set up a few interesting plot points for future episodes: Alara can override the captain's orders, crew can have their memories selectively erased, Kelly is afraid of being alone

>Implying there aren't like 3 episodes of TOS, 4 episodes of TNG and at least one episode of DS9 where someone imagining something and then that thing becoming real isn't a fucking plot, presented as reasonable, logical and trying their damnedest to sound scientifically plausible

Also establishes that their computer can produce emotively accurate recreations of people you're familiar with to the point that you cannot distinguish them from the real people. Even one-on-one.

Which makes me wonder why their robot is a weird asshole. I mean, sure, he's a member of a species and not a one-off like Data, but if he wants to better understand humans for his race, why not download that algorithm into himself? At least as a starting position.

>the quality of this show is all over the place
That's one of the main things that makes it feel like Star Trek to me.

>hurr durr atheism is rational episode

>the best episode

ok then man

you thought the transgender baby episode was better?

The god they believed in was just a ship's captain from long ago. That sorta thing happened all the time on TOS. It's actually interesting how many times characters on the Orville say God and then there was the conversation in Pria when Mercer told her to go to hell and she had no concept of the word because it had lost its meaning 400 years later. That's how you effectively show the evolution of the language as opposed to STD's hamfisted "you can't say God, God's not real! REEEEEE" nonsense.

>friends are watching TNG (??)
>recommend Orville

I mean what could go wrong?

Even Twiki had a better personality. The whole "I'm a robot, teach me humanity" thing is played out and dull.

Honestly though, does this show have any character that is not a derivative poor man's knock off of something else?

Hell, even the shills in this thread say they "like it cause it reminds them of TNG." Seriously? Do you know how ignorant that sounds?

It's like saying, I could eat a real pizza (TNG), but instead, I'll microwave this pepperoni hot pocket (Orville) cause it tastes similar to pizza and them ill tell everybody how it's exactly like pizza and they should eat it too!

Fuck off with your Family Guy in space bullshit!

>tfw no qt retarded gf

Why is Alara such a brainlet?

Next Thursday actually

>I hait Orvel STD is beterer show

what is her problem? she has an emotional breakdown every episode

Actually a great idea for a tv show.

She's young and stupid and she knows it.

>Both Orville and STD are garbage shows

>Clown pushes HOS over.
>Tries to take HOS gun.
>Gets shot to death
Checks out

That's literally why you eat hotpockets. There is no other rationale needed. It's there and you want the thing it simulates.

It's not my fault Star Trek died with a series of shitty action movies.

Fine. But don't pretend hotpockets are the second coming of pizza.

There's a lot of anons out there that read your hype and it's misleading.

It's more like

>mmm this delicious melty hotpocket (the Orville) is much better than this dried up dog turd I found in the yard ( STD)

All I ever hear from people is "EHRMAHGERD it's just like TNG!" "TNG this, TNG that!" It isn't like TNG and that wasn't even the best star trek.

Time to let go of the old and embrace the new. The Orville is the creation of Seth MacFarlane, not Gene Roddenberry. The Orville exists in an entirely different imaginary universe, with an entirely different imaginary space organization, operating an entirely different fleet of spaceships, powered by an entirely different engine design, featuring entirely different races of aliens than are found in Star Trek. The only thing The Orville has in common with Star Trek is that it is a futuristic space adventure series, and that is a concept that existed long before Star Trek. The Orville is actually better than Star Trek. The Orville is NOT Star Trek, and never will be. Get over it.

Why does anyone remember clowns in the 23rd century? Considering how everyone hates them not to mention the active campaign by the media to vilify and destroy their artistic medium, is it likely anyone will know what one is 300 years from now? No!

Maybe you should stick to reruns. The Orville is NOT Star Trek. It is only similar. We arborists are in it for the fun. If you are too much of a stickler for details, or love to seriously argue with trektards over the minutiae of plots, props, or personalities, then The Orville is obviously not for you.

>Hey everybody, watch my show, I promise it's good!

Hotpockets are a really practical way to eat pizza in that they're portable. I'm for them.

Ok, I will. Thanks

Kind of disappointed with the last episode, I thought maybe it was going an event horizon/wh40k warp route but then ended up on the holodeck. Always disliked tng holodeck episodes. Also Bortus is the best character.

As opposed to STD's approach:
>I DARE YOU NOT TO WATCH IT

THE SHOW WOULD BE GODLIKE WITHOUT THE FORCED HUMOR

>that Stewie

Other than the pilot, I'd say it has about the same amount of humour as any other Star Trek episode, sans Grimdark STD

They seem to've figured that out as it has gone on. And it's only like 10 episodes in. The jokes are still there, but they're coming much more smoother now. Every once in a while they're drop one exactly where one didn't need to be and yeah, I get that. In the massively unlikely chance this gets another season, I'm sure they'll dial that back.

Also, Robert Picardo playing Alara's dad as a book-humper with his head firmly inside his own asshole was pretty funny while also establishing how their culture is.

>In the massively unlikely chance this gets another season

thefutoncritic.com/news/2017/11/02/fox-renews-the-orville-for-a-second-season-906510/20171102fox01/

Just because you don't laugh at all the jokes, doesn't mean they aren't trying to shoehorn them in every five minutes, dumbass!

But go ahead, compare it to TNG some more, that seems to go over so well here.

Why do you people insist upon referring to the environmental simulator as a "holodeck"?

The Orville is better than Star Trek, primarily because it doesn't take itself too seriously. It is not overly pretentious, sanctimonious, or preachy. Unlike Star Trek, The Orville doesn't walk around with a stick up its ass.

Same reason I call rifles "guns."

Consider my shocked. I guess Seth's got the stuff to work those people.

>dude CLOWNS lmao
It's nothing new, OP

I thought the clowns were well done

Nope. It's because you have a star trek stick stuck up your asses.

autism

Thicc riker?

Well, "Danger Room" never quite caught on.

simulator makes it sound sexual

literally watching that episode now

Are you afraid?

SEXUAL JIHADIST

Meh, I was expecting them to put in that killer from a previous episode they locked in his quarters. Fight fear with fear, and give him a place he can fuck around in

it would be exactly like Star Trek without the humor. Just give it a few more seasons to find itself, it'll be fine. the aliens look great, when the stuff is funny its really funny but all the Star Trek themes are there, they just tackle it with jokes

Thats what makes her great. Shes the best character in the show and for once it's not simply because she is hot like 7 of 9 or others but because of her batshit insane personality.

Anything sounds sexual to you fat, sexless permavirgins.

They almost got it down perfectly though. The humor comes in small bursts now to ease the tension. The tone is kinda like Evil Dead 2 and it's great.

Literally almost every episode has them breaking the rules of "the union" and bot having any reservations and punishment for it showing you that the concept of the federation and its rigid rules are retarded.

mfw The Orville

>blatant rip off of star trek
/ thread

>It is not overly pretentious, sanctimonious, or preachy

>tfw, It is overly pretentious, sanctimonious, and preachy

It's hilary clintons take on star trek, starring live action bryan. Don't spend all your rupees in one place curry nigger, the Orville is canceled, so you won't have a shit show to shill for anymore.

>cuckville shills have nothing good to say about the Orville, so they spam broken English star trek insults. They are hired by fox, yet still the show flopped into obscurity

there are people that didnt like the holodeck episode??? jfc

The Soyville

But Star Trek IS a Buck Rogers rip off
But Star Trek IS a Space Patrol rip off
But Star Trek IS a Tom Corbett, Space Cadet rip off
But Star Trek IS an Out There rip off
But Star Trek IS a Tales of Tomorrow rip off
But Star Trek IS an Atom Squad rip off
But Star Trek IS a Johnny Jupiter rip off
But Star Trek IS a Commando Cody rip off
But Star Trek IS a Fireball XL5 rip off
But Star Trek IS a Wagon Train rip off

How far do you want to go with this argument? The Orville is not Star Trek.

DELET THIS

>enemy says something serious
>"dude dont be a dick"
>"..what is "dick?"
epic

Incredibly well timed considering Star Trek died as a series with STD.

Fucking nerd.

>critics have good taste

It's getting better in that respect or maybe i'm not noticing it as much. This show is as comfy as next gen, it doesn't assault you like STD.

>liking shit is good taste now

>an odd jumble of campiness and sincerity, homage and satire
Sounds comfy.

its definitely a sincere homage. Not sure of "satire" other than its more of "blue collar" working stiff types on a ship instead of "best of the best" star fleet officers.
Nothing really seems to be openly mocking Star Trek.

Nobody likes STD Seth let it die.

The thing here is Seth clearly wants to make this his love piece but he cant do it a serious sci-fi show.

This isnt Twilight Zone, nor TNG. So he obvisously has to stick to his proven formula. But this formula doesnt work when the joke you make in Family Show is THE SHOW ITSELF!

So he doesnt have the writers for engaging sci-fi, and he doesnt has the freedom to mock himself. So whats left?

Stick with your reruns. The Orville is clearly not for you.

When will she finally do the obvious?

i can figure out if shes supposed to hot or not. is she half black or something

Too caked up. They try so hard to hide it but she has 4 layers of good ol' cake on her pimpled face.

Black hair wins again.

Anyone noticed how hair color is used to characterize? I hate it.

>soft blonde=protagonist
>black=villain
>red=weird supporting character
>blonde=evil love interest

thats what it is. she's like my 40 year old aunt during the holidays. wonder how she looks without makeup

She's not a bad actress, her character is pretty strange though.

Surprisingly respectful.
Honestly you just described something I'd wanted out of Star Trek for a long time. A series focused on a Starfleet ship that wasn't known for its excellence.

Embracing thick riker is the best thing thx seth

Even this is superior to STD.

Hot I like them evil