For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic

>For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic

A THOUSAND GENERATIONS?
Ageneration is what, 25 years
So the galactic republic existed for 25000?

A generation is like 3 years

how?
a generation is between fathers and sons, it can be 16 or 30 so 25 is the average

Because George didn't know what the prequels were going to be when the script for this movie was written?

>guardians of peace and justice

same guys who invaded Geonosis with military force, napalmed the locals in a borderline genocide and triggered a galaxy wide war between Confederation of Independent Systems and the Old Republic.

good job there "guardians of peace"

this has nothing to do with it

what I mean is that it only took 60 years for humans to go from planes to the moon so it's just silly to make a galactic republic old as 25000
with that time and the speed that hyperspace have they would've spaned 4 galaxies at least

A generation is an overlap of people's lives. The grandfather is alive at the same time as the grandson, but dies before the great grandson is born, so the generation starts when the grandfather was born and ends when the grandson dies. How do you retards not know this basic shit?

>A gigantic academy full of thousands of super-powered psychic knights were killed completely in 5 hours by groups of weak soldiers wearing plastic armor

>"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force", Darth Vader in the original film

>how do you idiots not know some bullshit I just made up

because that's your made up definition

this makes it even more stupid cause that would be 90000 years

>so the generation starts when the grandfather was born and ends when the grandson dies.
So like 140 years? The jedi have been around for 140,000 years and all it took were a couple bad apples to bring them down?

HAha mea m
e

Not mention Yoda was alive for 900+ of them while human Jedi died before 100

thats just modern times. we also had periods where there was little to no innovation for hundreds of years. technology could have stagnated as well in SW universe

not true, ever since the agriculture we have gone forward, even in medieval times people seem to meme about, look at medieval ships, they were better than romans and romans were better than greeks wich were much better than egyptian ones
take kotor for example, it's set 4000 years before the empire and it has the same tech, it's fucking stupid but they did that because this obi wan line

Except that's wrong you fucking idiot.

you know the republic in the prequels wans't the first republic right?

It's very simple. Sure, the galactic replubic could have existed for 25k. Who knows? Remember that KOTOR and all that shit are not canon so there is no actual history. Believe what you want.

so?

they were canon

>He thinks anything but the 6 movies and crappy cartoons are part of disneys nu-canon

who cares what disney says is canon or not?
are all spidermans books not canon since marrvel was bought by disney?

Well, it had to resemble the movies, using the Tales of the Jedi aesthetic would have caused endless "not muh."

maybe tales should'nt have set it so much in the past
it should've been 2000 before yavin at least

>It's dumb because I haven't heard of it before

makes you think...

>words can mean what no one thinks they mean
>language isn't adaptive to public use and understanding

Making up your own definition of what a generation is is the dumb part. A simple google search will tell you the agreed upon number is around 30 years.

If the generation starts with the grandfather's birth and ends with the grandson's death you're putting a generation around 150+ years per generation which makes zero sense. Like, you realize there are established generation groups (Millennials + Baby Boomers) that are each around 30 years apart? These are agreed things.

30? 16 would make more sense with that definition

Nah Tales was just fine, it's KOTOR that was pushed too far back.

Yes thats what I mean kotor shouldve been 2000

How the fuck do you get 16? The general definition of what a generation is is that it's the years where a person is born and then has kids of their own. That throws the ballpark around 25-30 years old because that's the average of when people start families. Just because you maybe live with some hick fucks having kids at 16 doesn't mean you get to change the average.

you don't mess with the 501st

I agree that KotOR and other things in the Old Republic were pushed way too far back, but you need to have most events take place before Yoda or Darth Bane. In the old canon, the galaxy was first really explored by some giant empire who discovered the hyperspace lanes 25,000 before Episode IV, but the level of tech would have already been capable of interstellar travel. Kind of makes it seem like Star Wars takes place in a very stagnant galaxy if only small improvements in tech were produced after all that time.

somebody renember the battlefront 2 (2005) 501st quote?

A generation is exactly 15 years.
t. Tacitus

>What I remember about the rise of the Empire is... is how quiet it was. During the waning hours of the Clone Wars, the 501st Legion was discreetly transferred back to Coruscant. It was a silent trip. We all knew what was about to happen, what we were about to do. Did we have any doubts? Any private, traitorous thoughts? Perhaps, but no one said a word. Not on the flight to Coruscant, not when Order 66 came down, and not when we marched into the Jedi Temple. Not a word.

>B-BUT LE SOCIAL CONSTRUCTS ARE LE EVIL!!

beautiful

Did I ever tell you that your father killed your mother right after he gave birth to you and that girl in the hologram? Yes she's your sister, I'm sure I must have mentioned before...
He was a good friend.

Reminder that the only things that are truly canon are the OT, Kenner's rejected pitch for the sequel toyline to RotJ, the Holiday Special, and the Ewok Adventures.