STORYTIME

All Time Comics - Crime Destroyer
Fantagraphics is trying to make capeshit
Lets see if Sup Forums likes it for being capes or hates it for being hipster

I love splash pages like this, why don't more comics do them anymore?

sweeet thanks OP I didn't know this was scanned yet

The colors are cool I guess

There are still many comics unscanned in this world

you're telling me
why do like only half of Fantagraphics and D&Q get ripped
its bs
I'm not paying $25-40 for a book thats less than 100 pages

This so much

>"I used to be weak--and walk on all-fours..."

This is amazing.

So a /r9k/ poster?

His entire evil plan is kidnapping an attractive woman and turning her into his techno-magic-satanic slave.

So...

Can't be a /r9k/obot, he's actually doing something

>"Wah kah wurrgh guhhh DNNN"

Man, the big comic companies' pained/stunned cries really are rather stale, aren't they?

He literally just found the magic/science machines, and probably had his fellow robots kidnap her for him, too.

The sum total of what he'd accomplished was...

...sitting in a chair.

>"Wah kah wurrgh guhhh DNNN"
What did he ment by this?

haha oh wow

that tiny rocket punch

oh my god

No joke, I was once a friend with a bone fidae robot, he even admitted to me that s/he browsed /r9k/
S/he wanted to become an AI dev but s/he wanted to make a self aware neural network out of thin air and I told him/er to start small with a chatbot or a game AI but he was too lazy to do those easy ones.

>Shoots punches from his punches

This is the most tame Fantagraphics comic I have ever read.

I genuinely can't tell whether it's brilliantly intentional parody or completely straight.

How so?

All Times Comics is supposed to be a self aware love letter to old capeshit

Well it was done by Herb Trimpe before he passed away, old school 60's-80's Marvel guy

I like the idea of old comics guys like him and Al Milgrom working with the young alt comis people like Marra or Noah Van Sciver to make these cheesy throwback stories

Jesus christ, that's a long forearm.

I can see how he'd--walk on all-fours.

That's nasty

Nobody reads this

Done
Hopefully for next issue I will not postpone this for a week.

I love the idea of Al Milgrom reviewing random Fantagraphics books

That was all kinds of awesome.

I saw this and thought, wow, what a fucking creative team! A Marvel workhorse legend, an alternative post-Panter punk as fuck cartoonist, an an alt-genre cartoonist on inks...fucking hell. Nice one user.
Also you know Fanta have published genre/capeshit before, right?

I haven't heard of Fantagraphics previews cape/genre comics, tell me more

Dalgoda is the first one that springs to mind (anthro sci-fi)...I guess Journey would be a genre comic, pretty sure they published that before or after Kitchen Sink...oh Carol Lay's classic Good Girls has very heavy genre elements, it's basically a comedy/thriller with elements of sci-fi and espionage...I really recommend it, it's a great comic--Kitchen Sink published it first then Fanta did the last four issues--and it's been collected with new material.But it's also a very clever dissection of Western female beauty standards as well as being funny as fuck...I'll think of some more in a second....

...12 Gems is a recent one...I have a few issues of this really good hard sci-fi comic they put out that had some heavy Moebius influence in the drawing, began with "R" and was like a French-sounding word? Will go check my longboxes in a sec...The Eye of Mogombo is a great, funny, Indiana Jones/Donald Duck mash-up with spy elements which was unfortunately never finished, one of the first alternative comics I ever owned actually...there's a bunch.
Hah, I mean Jaime's Return of the Ti-Girls collection is technically capeshit, right?!

Sorry meant for you, Critters was an early Fanta anthro anthology (I believe Usagi Yojimbo made his debut in there?) that had all kindsa genre/cape-y stuff in it...

I have no idea why Fantagraphics is publishing this desu.

Because Eric Reynolds is basically in Kim Thompson's place now and is exploring some fresh ground. Pretty exciting time for Fanta, if you ask me. Though I did think they lost their way a bit for a year or two after Kim's death, they seem to be back on track. Can't wait to see them publish some Sammy Harkham comics, I'd be VERY surprised if the (self-published) Crickets "Blood of the Virgin" arc (best thing he's ever done, really pushing the bar for so-called "literary" comics) isn't collected and published by Fanta....

...it was Retief, I thought it was a Fanta book but it was published by Mad Dog graphics, my mistake. Worth picking up if you ever see a few copies, though! Very Airtight Garage-y feel to the drawing.

Forgot this came out. Pretty good