When I was young

>when I was young
>parents went to go see this but I stayed home
>mom says it was super boring and she kept falling asleep
>fast forward many years
>now I’m an adult
>never bothered to watch it despite the good reviews because I thought it would be a 2deep4u snorefest
>finally get around to watching it
>it’s literally one of the best movies I’ve ever seen
>1000x better than any of the Disney pirateshit
What went right?

I thought this was just a Sup Forums meme movie but it was great

WHEN I WAS

A JUNIOR OFFICER

I thought the punchline would have something to do with movies women will never understand

>watching Master and Commander with gf
>she already had her phone in her hand in an alternative timeline thousands of years before
>I tune my receptors to receive most of the testosterone waves from the kino
>gf starts convulsing around half mark
>I thought all along gf was texting with tyrone
>turns out she was using her phone as a receptor for the testosterone waves
>I have to stop the kino while she convulses
>once she's done with her little show, I tell her softly that women just don't get it
>before restarting kino I throw her out
>enjoy the rest of the night with some heavy liquor while absorbing the kino energy

i haven't seen it but for me it feels like a bit a macho movie like 300. Am I wrong, should I watch it?

>Movies autistic manchildren pretend to understand but actually don't.

Worse than women, at least you can fuck those things.

I implied that when I said my mom found it boring

It's not a macho movie at all.

PUT THAT WOMAN DOWN, SLADE. THIS IS A SHIP OF HIS MAJESTY'S NAVY NOT A FLOATING BORDELLO.

no women like this movie. those that say they do are just pretending

Nice, I'll download it now

Can anyone explain why women don't understand this movie?

If you have a penis and you don't admire this movie and its characters, you just might be a soyboy

Nothing “macho” about it. Just a historical work of fiction that happens to be about a naval vessel inhabited by only men. I guess if you find camaraderie macho...

True but one must always choose the lesser of two weevils.

Women can't understand brotherhood.

Are there any women at all in the movie? I cant recall any.

I guess I can understand why they hate it since they cant selfinsert. I dont think I've ever enjoyed a movie that featured women only.

my mom loved this movie fuckhead

Mr Pullings, if you please!

>>now I’m an adult
>>never bothered to watch it despite the good reviews because I thought it would be a 2deep4u snorefest
so you're a soyboy bugman

you better hold fast

>no backstabbing
>no poisoning
>no adultery
>no faggotry

It’s like asking why our eyes can’t see infra red. We weren’t evolved to.

It is nothing like 300

Will this movie be enjoyable for a non-Brit

The incredible thing is Russell Crowe is actually like that in real life. Sure he has done some dumb things but he has come back to Australia and New Zealand and supported local children in sport and Academia.
he could have left forever but he came back.

Yes, even though the French are the antagonists, they don’t make fun of French people

>BEAT TO QUARTERS

Yes.

Real question is why the fuck hasn't a sequel been made? Navykino is completely untapped potential.

Because pirates of the caribbean sells better.

Unironically one of my favourie movies.

Its nothing like that, legitimate masculinity and focus, please watch it. 300 was marketed towards jocks and dude-bros this was not at all

I have comfy memories of watching this as a kid with my patrician older brother. Always liked it for that reason alone but watching it as an adult I realize just how good it actually is. What a film.

yes french here.

also at the end SPOILER !

the french captain is on the other ship somewhere, so russel crow characters forgot his name journey is still not over, he is still in pursuit. this note at the end also make the movie even better.

Yeah I loved that, because one of the themes of the movie was the “stick” insect which disguises itself to fool the predator. We thought the metaphor for this was disguising the HMS Surprise as a merchant vessel, but then the French captain pulled the same trick

yes indeed, really nice touch, so rare in movie now, just delicate metaphorical iteration.

do you know that originaly the french vessel should be an american one like in the book. but they changed it to a french one because of american audience not wanting to see 3H of american losing in the end.

so they picked french because since everyone hates our guts, it would be waaay more entertaining for everyone.

Lol that’s stupid. The movie ended up bombing anyway so they should have just gone with the original plot.

Well in the movie they stated that the ship was American-made but belonged to France. So in the book it’s actually an American ship?

TOO SEE A MARCHING

I mean, it also makes sense to have a French ship anyways

>tfw we will never be at war with an honourable adversary like France EVER again

It focuses on different parts of masculinity. So far as 300 has themes, it focuses on physical prowess and willing self sacrifice for a greater cause. Master and Commander focuses on the balance between comradery and duty, as well as isolation and operating under stress

Obviously they made it with the intent of making a profit, hence the change

wtf is with the ending did they forget to finish it

>you will never be as manly as Blakeney, a one-armed boy, when he leads the charge on the Acheron

>YOU WANT TO CALL THAT RAGGEDY-ARSE NAPOLEON YOU'RE KING?
>NO!!!

It's about a dude wandering the high seas with his best m8. There's some fighting and war tossed in there but it's not 300 on the seas or Braveheart or anything like that.

this post 100% accurate

When that other officer kills himself in front of Blakeney, my dad said “that 12 year-old is gonna have nightmares for the rest of his life.” I replied “maybe a regular 12 year-old, but Blakeley’s been through so much shit already that I doubt a suicide is going to affect him”

I love this setting to

Yeah and they also said
>”do you want your children to speak French and sing the marseille?!”

Not insulting French people just legitimate concerns if England loses the war

So fucking based

>Ctrl+F "weevils"
>1 match

Extra grog ration for that user.

>DO YOU WANT TO SEE A GUILLOTINE IN PICADILLY?
based Anglos BTFO'd the frenchcucks again

The lesser of two weevils is a legitimately funny joke.

>yfw defaulters at eight bells

MR CALAMY THE LEAD IF YOU PLEASE

When I was a young boy my father took me into the city

You (or anyone else who liked the movie) should read the books desu, they are full of hilarious shit

There are native whores on some savage godforsaken new world coast

These threads are just a way for /r9k/ to vent their hate of women on Sup Forums. Like there is some truth to women not liking this movie but the needless repetition of these threads is just pathetic

I made this thread because I watched the movie for the first time yesterday, retard

>but the needless repetition of these threads is just pathetic

That's how memes work newfriend.