/film/ general - everyone's a pleb edition

When do we discuss real movies my fellow patricians?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/2XCVHN
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's always the discord.

which discord?

You mean the one that's run by an arrogant homosexual pretenious Polack?

But i thought all the faggots who keep shitting up blade runner threads wanted to save their holy board

I'm actually going to watch a film now instead of posting on Sup Forums, sorry.

discord.gg/2XCVHN
Not super active right now, though. I guess since it's Friday.

the turin horse was too repetitive and boring in my opinion. didn't really like it
what did you think about it?

THREADLY REMINDER THAT EH IS A MASSIVE FAGGOT WHO SHOULD KILL HIMSELF

Now. What did you think about Turin Horse?

this, honestly. the guy wouldn't know standards if they sat on his face.

I have about as much respect for that discord as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hotpockets. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it.

It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is Saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video games. It is Tarantino. It is imdb. It is facebook.

I just visited this and I spent the entire time repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 3 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy based patrician gathering lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

Cuckboy you faggot stop encouraging eh's degeneracy

Why do people on this website tend to think it can only be a good artistic film if it is old and made in some eastern european country than doesn't exist anymore? I live in one of these countries and can tell you are overrating them just because they are foreign

B O R I N G

yes that is a valid criticism

eh dindu nuffin

fury road is objectively better than lost, lost, lost

only a tryhard would deny that

>Neonolan
Why do you think nolan is some sort of old ingrained director in the history of film that he can have a "neo" incarnation, they are both working directors albeit mercenaries with no creative vision. They just get paid and do the job, nothing special.

The problem with that pic is that the truth is actually somewhere between the first two panels. Most "patricians" are highly elitist and say things like "too mainstream" unironically, and there is often a lack of actual discussion, they just circlejerk over who knows more obscure filmmakers. The discord that was posted in this thread literally has more discussion about dick-sucking than film

>OMG stop discussing blade runner you Sup Forumsedditor
What do you suggest then? Here is your thread faggots

eh is a degenerate cocksucker who I wish dies a painful death

What do we think of this?

Wreckmeister>Satantango>Man From London>Macbeth>Turin Horse

Damnation is better than all of them

Protip: they are american children

You shut

Do you live in Toronto and did you watch this at TIFF yesterday?

Is that french new wave?

Ive only seen Le samourai and the 400 blows. Still got breathless and pierrot le fou to watch.

They make the same criticisms against people that like korean movies, they are just hypocrites

>discord
No thanks.
Why pick those 4 arbitrary films as somehow essential French New Wave?

>this armchair psychology

Threads like these will never work, it's far better to just make a thread about a film you want to discuss, anything you post here is completely useless because the thread just ends up being a pointless pleb/patrician fight.

I never said they were essential just things ive watched and picked out personally.

Discuss Bertolucci
If you're so great

It's just an upset baby runner doing damage control

>Make a thread about a film you want to discuss
Then why do they keep shitting up every blade runner thread, they should make a thread themselves unless they just like whiny shitposting.

The Turin Horse is from 2011.
>I live in one of these countries and can tell you are overrating them just because they are foreign
And I've noticed a lot of foreign plebs go out of their way to shun their own art and culture, while consuming Western media with glee. Many a Hollywood blockbuster, pleb fodder like Game of Thrones, etc are hugely more popular as percentage of the viewerbase in foreign countries than North America. How can you prove you don't have shit taste like the rest of them? I don't see how, given you're posting on an American website instead of your own country's imageboard.

What if I did?

>fw just watched a #rare Krolikiewicz that isn't online anywhere and it was awesome

Great film let down by its subpar ending. Le Cercle Rouge and Le Deuxiueme Souffle are better

>Threads like these will never work
This was a decent thread

Why dont you actually discuss movies you like or make a thread then, I've yet to see anyone do something in a blade runner thread apart from spout meme buzzwords about reddit, Sup Forums, nolanfags and plebs. You are completely devoid of substance, empty, hollow, a shell of a man.

I was there too. Feels weird to know someone I might have seen IRL also posts on Sup Forums

were you the asian guy with the long hair

>This is what people on this board who pretend to hate le stupid capeshit force themselves to like in order to be "patricians"

How ironic

>toronto
I'm suddenly sick to my stomach and aborting this thread. And why don't you move to a real city like Vancouver?

How can I into Vertov?

>pretend
>force themselves
Keep telling yourself that's what it is, pleb.

>wanting to live in chinktown
what's with the hate on eh in these threads? I mean yeah the homosex gets a bit too much at times but I don't think he's that condescending

fuck off eh go choke on a dick

What do you think of the following movies:
Kamennyy krest
Gza shinisaken
XIX saukunis qartuli qronika
Magdanas lurja
Khareba da Gogia
Iko shashvi mgalobeli
Aprili
Un petit monastère en Toscane
Popiół i diament
Andriesh
Dzveli qartuli simgera

They are on my watch-list but I don't have a way of downloading yet.

Why are there no american or british movies on there?

>implying I would ever say something like 'chinktown'

just got back from justice league.
DC at it again with the capekino.

I saw that guy too, kek.

MY MAN
AWRIGHHHHT
I DIG IT

Aquaman more like chadman amirite??

Why don't you post their titles in english? This is just retarded, how the fuck would I recognise for example a korean film if you posted it then?
You don't seem any more patrician with this, literally tryhard.

I would prioritize Rekhviashvili

Because those movies are good.
See above, check out the discord, if you lurk around for a bit someone will invite you to a private tracker where you can download most of them.

I'm not eh
Are you the same user as the one before

What's a real movie? A slow and artsy movie where nothing happens?

I recognize most of them.

capeshit is shit but so are the movies on that list. the best arthouse films are the one that are just a little past entry level

t. Georgian

This

Captured pictures, 24 of them every second

eh why are you such a faggot? There's nothing "patrician" about hating all american filmmakers
Cassavetes>Krolikiewicz

Why are you in this thread?

when are they going to start making these in 60fps to appeal to manchildren?

>Just a little past entry level
What would those look like? Enlighten me

You edited that list, didn't you.

eh I want you to know I fucking hate you and that you are the worst type of film snob. I hope you catch AIDS from a polish nigger

>Cassavetes>Krolikiewicz

I genuinely love Cassavetes tho but he is an exception, not the rule

Colour of pomegranates for one.

Nice argument. Great "film discussion" you patrician.
Bresson, Tarkovsky, Bergman, Ozu, etc.

How many american filmmakers are exceptions for you? Can you stop your stupid american-hating schtick please. Also stop shitting up the discord with your disgusting homosexual activities

Ridley Scott has NEVER made a good movie.

Because I want to discuss films. If I now posted Croatian/Serbian films with all the čžš letter titles I doubt anyone here would recognise them unless they are from the balkan region, that would be entirely retarded.

You recognise The Turin Horse as The Turin Horse, not as A Torinói Ló.

>Bresson, Tarkovsky, Bergman
those are entry level nigger

EH GO SUCK A MASSIVE DICK I HATE YOU SO MUCH

Only those few I like.
Also, homosex = patrician

who are the few you like
also homosex=sin. please repent

>Are you the same user as the one before
Yep.

I'm not going to get into such a silly argument.

Do you even know what entry level means?
Even though they are pretty popular in the film industry, I heavily doubt that anyone starts viewing films through those directors first.

entry level arthouse, follow the conversation

>fw you literally just watched this in cinema
Came buckets during this scene.

did you just reply to yourself eh?

Who has seen this Georgian film?

that's my husbando you're talking about you filthy degenerate kike

this is a compliment to eh

>film is a real artistic medium
no

Bresson isn't entry-level arthouse. Most likely people seek out Kieslowski, Herzog and Tarkovsky.

t. soyboy

That wasn't me.

>guy gets mad for calling him a pleb
>he then cries that you should give directors to help him out
>give him some names
>starts spouting hipster because he doesn't recognize any of them yet they're all critically acclaimed

>that one pleb who always says anything linked to tarkovsky to not look like a pleb.

Who else uses the term >fw and just watched Killing Auntie in "cinema"?

Anybody who uses the terms pleb and patrician unironically is cancer. There's nothing wrong with liking Tarkovsky more than some relatively obscure director like Piavoli