This is a HARRY POTTER thread

Can anyone explain to me what was her problem? Was it autism?

They were nice to grow up with, but I've gone off them. Moved onto the Mazerunner and the SKARCH Trials.

Most likely. But I'd still do her.

If you ask me what her problem is, I'd say she was in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Mother was a spell inventor if I recall. She saw her die in front of her, traumatized. Dad was never the same. No friends growing up and Dad checked out of reality, of course she grew up fucked. Her quirkyness covered up her loneliness and despite living in a magical world she still kept looking and believing more crazy magical things because her own world was empty.

I heard it from Slytherin students that her father rapes her regularly. Don´t know if this is true, but you should ask people about it.

wtf how did you type that so fast the threads only been up for 5 mins

>die in front of her, traumatized
Why not just erase the traumatising memory if this would help the child?

it's pasta you autist. He has it open up on a word document salivating for his moment

...jesus.

The REAL question is did she have to run around completely barefoot if the Nargels kept stealing her shoes...?

Is this bait

What if Draco Malfoy was female though?

Probably some laws on modifying memories of children. Magic should make it so nobody is fat/ugly but that isn't the case either.

She's not an autist by nature, but by nurture.

I had such a thing for her. Hermione too, but not as much as Luna.

She was desperate for attention.

>reddit spacing

haha if she put her bare soles on my face I would give her all the attention in the world if you get me

>Magic should make it so nobody is fat/ugly but that isn't the case either.

Or many wizards are just stupid. I´m heavily inclined to believe in that explanation rather than in some unmentioned laws. And its totally have nothing to do with the particluar fanfic i read about methods of rationality, not at all.

Don't look up what she looks like now.

would make for a much better love interest than ginny

Luna's character is a bit more flushed out in the books, her quirkiness is a bit more humorous as well.

I just did.

Curse of the Irish

Not to forget the mural she had on her bedroom ceiling that they left out of the film. Luna had a hard life.

There's some good looking Irish out there.

I though she was going to end up with Harry before I read the books

how does she look now? does she have big tata mamas?

man i had the biggest crush on her when i was young too bad puberty fucked her up. she was truly the best girl of hp

ya mean the cat?

aged like sour milk

I thought it'd be Luna or Hermione or even Cho. As someone who's only seen the films Harry liking Ginny seemed to come out of nowhere.

Man warners marketing team dropped justice league so quick

based potter poster

>britbongs genetics

stop bullying luna guys

You are sadly mistaking if you think for one second I wouldn't put my penis in that.

Yea JK did shit in exploring magic. To get stronger it was literally just you to just believe it more or push harder or some shit. All arbitrary feelings shit.

Other stories about magic did it better, explained magic was harder than rocket scientist, you actually needed to use equations and such. Positioning on the stars/planets affected how you can use magic hence the need to learn astrology. You can't modify your physical features with magic because your soul is connected your natural born appearance and such.

Sorry about catching the gays, user

Even the books it came out of nowhere. She was like a little sister to Harry too.

they poisoned Harry with love potion one night so he had no choise. Thats how those mudblood loosers behave trying to infiltrate Great Houses of Magic

>tfw no adult hogwarts tv spinoff that shows how kinky the older students can get featuring a new fetish every other episode, with fun misadventures filling the episodes in between

I've seen that shit unfold in HogwartsRP on Garry's Mod. It's horrifying.

write a fanfic about it and post it on /lit

The fuck am I reading?

this. she is way out of my league anyway

I don't get it.
fucked girls like that now and then.

fatty

:^)

you just described The Magicians

post her nudes or btfo

Harry should have ended up with Luna. They understood each other better than Ginny and him did. Fuck Rowling & her bullshit epilogue.

shes too pure for nudes

>irish
>ever

dont do it

It's a decent fun watch. They try to go into alternate realities to have orgies with the faries.They transfigure themselves into wolves to fuck, etc.

Why does Hufflepuff get pretty blue eyes? no one in hufflepuff was good looking they were the chav dorks who weren’t smart, competitive or rich but hard working

tfw ypu will never have qt ginger hufflepuff gf

>tfw no solid 7/10 chubby hufflepuff gf

Yeah. Luna had a hand-painted mural of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Neville on her ceiling, with the word friend written a thousand times, making up a border for their portraits.

Yea, I hated in the movies they just set her up with Neville case Hurr they're both weirdos.

for you

ayy lmao

>a-at least the books were good though
>"No!"

i once saw hagrid put his hand up her skirt during a quidditch match. if im lying im dying

Would Voldemort be able to fight off a swarm of Dementors? A Patronus requires a strong positive feeling or memory, and Voldemort is completely devoid of love and warmth. Or would Dementors just not effect him because of that?

Dementors are honestly my favorite part of the series. It's implied they can communicate with humans, but I prefer to think of them as this completely alien "other", a horror that can't be understood in the same way as other living beings.

They say that the patronus charm is supposed to be pretty advanced even for adults but by the end of the series it seems that almost anyone can do it with some practice. There are probably other yet even more advanced and violent ways to get rid of dementors that Voldemort can probably use. A lot of the threat of dementors seems to be psychological. He probably wouldn't be very phased by them to begin with.

>This is a harry potter thread
No!

that's pretty heavy

So is Umbridge but she can produce one. Depends on what your definition of 'happiness' is really. For Voldy just the memory of murdering some muggles is enough to get his rocks off to make one probably

Though Voldy's soul itself is so fucked up even the dementors probally don't want it.

you noticed too? huge increase of traffic directed to harry potter and fantastic beasts this past week.

she looks like another actress now. one that does comedy movies with her friend, some black haired jew I think, that makes mostly these single woman having fun flicks

Yeah she looks weird in that. I'd still fuck her brains out though. I don't have very high standards what do you want me to do

kek

harry and luna would have been a much cuter and more interesting pairing than harry and ginny

>Her quirkyness covered up her loneliness and despite living in a magical world she still kept looking and believing more crazy magical things because her own world was empty.
>Quirkiness covered up emptiness

I know that feel.

In fairness anyone would’ve been more interesting for Harry and by extension Hermione than “muh Weasleys”

I always got the impression Dementors will follow whoever has power and will feed them, like The Ministry who let them drain the prisoners and occasionally kiss them, or Voldemort who gave them muggle towns.

I do wonder what they are though, they're clearly physical because they can grab you to/and kiss you, but if that's the case they must somehow be indestructible if you have to use a Patronus against them and, say, banishing a brick wall at them won't work. Are they maybe even some kind of spirit?

>in b4 spirits can't touch things
Peeves can destroy things and stick gum in keyholes, and Myrtle can turn on taps and flush the toilets.

yeah man, hermione deserved way better than ron as well. I think I'd liked her either with draco or victor krumm

Luna is best girl. Evanna Lynch didn't age well (as in, she looks nothing like her character now) and she never took her clothes off, but luckily there's Dasha B who really looks like her.

Harry/Hermione/Luna threesome is the OTP

or emily kinney

this tbqh, although full disclosure im an unabashed mark for rival becomes ally type twists

This desu, was absolutely kino for me when Zuko allied with Aang in Avatar etc

Don’t know about Draco, but she definitely could’ve done well with Krum or someone else

It brings me happiness every time this is posted
My favorite part.

a cute