Sally > Amy

Sally > Amy

>How do you end a thread before it begins?
This is how.

Our time is long past, my friend.

Isn't this comic dead?

It died the moment they started trying to incorporate Sonic Adventure into it. Other than that I don't know. Probably? Hopefully.

>It died the moment Sally started wearing pants
FTFY

agreed

Archie's Sonic comic was my first experience with this sort of thing.

>No vest
But where will she keep Nicole?

She looks better with pants, now they just need to fix that dated 90s hair and she'll be perfect. It needs to have sharper angles, like Amy or Blaze, like when she was a robot. It's more SEGA and appropriate that way.

Nah, no need for that. Better to let her rest in peace than try to shoehorn her into Japan's dumpster fire of a canon.

If the comic does get cancelled, I don't want to see any SatAM characters returning in SEGA's inevitable reboot of the comics under their tighter control.

But for the time being, Ian shouldn't throw away characters that have been around, while they're still useful.

Why do you compare their name lengths?

CHILD HUNGRY PEDESTRIAN

ha
cucked once again!

Yup.
Sigh. I bought an extra issue back in the day just to pin that page on my wall.
Before the vest in the show Nicole popped off her boot sometimes.

>SEGA on the cusp of terminating Archie's licensing contracts due to neverending legal disputes over Original Characters such as Sally
>A new publisher will pick up the Sonic license from SEGA and reboot continuity
>All of the Original Characters from the SatAM and Archie days will be off-limits forever due to legal concerns and overall lack of mainstream consumer interests

Say goodbye to Sally, everyone.

They're both shit.

Good riddance.

Everything about the sonic franchise is garbage.

is this truth? Is this for sure? Or it is too early to celebrate?

Don't you talk shit about my waifu.

Sally and Nicole a cute

>it's rather complicated
Whenever someone says this, it usually isn't.

I really hope the comic isn't discontinued

It really picked up and I NEED

NEED

more Silver and Team Dark

Good.

The SatAM/Archie OCs are objectively trash. And none of them bring anything unique to the cast dynamic that the SEGASonic cast doesn't already offer.

They're these embarrassing, leftover relics from a time in Sonic' history best left forgotten.

>is this truth? Is this for sure? Or it is too early to celebrate?

The Archie Sonic books have been delayed several months due to litigation. Archie can't print the issues until they clear up all the legal shit with the older writers who keep suing them. SEGA has been clear as day that they will not support Archie any longer if they're named in another lawsuit.

It's not for sure, but it's looking pretty good right now that Archie won't be holding onto the license for much longer.

The less sure thing is whether the SatAM characters will be permanently discontinued along with the old continuity. The continuity is almost entirely likely to go, as I doubt any new publisher would want to shackle themselves to that mess, and certainly a new creative team would want the freedom to start fresh with their own POV.

As for the characters, SEGA doesn't like them and they are illegitimate. Likewise, every characters from Archie, and every plot piece, has the shadow of litigation cast over it due to all the ex-Archie staffers constantly suing over petty bullshit. SEGA likely won't want to risk being named in yet another lawsuit just so some writer can use Rotor the Walrus or who the fuck ever.

These characters and their universe will likely go the way of Fleetway's Sonic the Comic and it's original setting and cast. That is, into oblivion.

What this guy said.

Hey Prime.

>These characters and their universe will likely go the way of Fleetway's Sonic the Comic and it's original setting and cast. That is, into oblivion

Oh yes, and we ALL know how much the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise has suffered these past decades without such ENTHRALLING characters as Porker Lewis and Johnny Lightfoot to enhance the mythology.

I disagree.

So... we can actually say that we can start celebrating, right?

Go to hell

I would agree with you, but how much also includes all the other leaders and villains is what troubles me

Silver uses Mammoth Mogul, for example

Mogul got Pender'd. He was never coming back anyway.

The best solution is just reboot everything and forget they even existed.

>Snively
>Bringing anything unique to the cast dynamic

Orbot and Cubot have the Eggman's Assistant slot filled, thanks.

I actually like the Cartoon/Archie characters, their stories and whatnot, but if its really cause all this bs, then just drop them. Archie, if Sega allows, can just make another comic, having only the characters from the games and make new characters that belong to just Archie and/or Sega themselves, nobody else.

If this goes through, Archie will never be allowed to touch Sonic ever again.

Orbot and Cubot are purely comedic
I want someone with better design who can be funny AND menacing

>Archie loses Sonic license
>Tries to make new universe using only characters they created without any ties to SEGA

So exactly what Penders is trying to do?

We don't need anymore of that.

Snively is disgusting looking so nah, kys.

I must have worded it wrong, I mean that Archie and Sega are still working together, its just that any original character made for this comic will belong to only these two companies. Like say, a writer submits a character and what they're gonna do in the story, Archie and Sega either approve or disapprove of the character and go from there. Could take time but I'm just trying to make sure we don't have another Penders thing.

no he isnt

Not that I want to defend Archie or anything... but maybe unlike Penders, they may be able to pull out that stunt... not that it's going to be any good, but still...

Please no... I want Archie to stop messing up Sonic, the franchise has suffered enough...

See, you're still working under the assumption that, if Sega does pull the license, Archie could ever get it back.

They can't. They're done. No more Archie Sonic. If Sega ever decides to make another comic, it will go to any company BUT Archie.

>The SatAM/Archie OCs are objectively trash. And none of them bring anything unique to the cast dynamic that the SEGASonic cast doesn't already offer.

>But muh Sally
Strong, independent female character with a level head who can be used as a love-interest for Sonic?
Amy or Blaze have that covered.

>But muh Rotor
Inventor and tech guru?
Tails.

>But muh Nicole
Computer expert?
Again, Tails.

>But muh Antoine
Standoffish rival for Sonic?
Shadow.
Or going back further in his history, rival for Sonic's love interest?
Knuckles was doing that in Sonic Boom when they fought over Perci, so that's covered too.

>But muh Bunnie
Heavy-arms character with lots of guns?
Omega

>But muh Snively
Comedic lackey to Eggman?
Orbot and Cubot.

There is NOTHING exclusive to the SatAM cast that isn't already covered by the SEGASonic cast. They bring NOTHING to the table except more furry waifus. And if that's what you want from them, then fine, but at least be honest about it. Don't pretend that they're irreplaceable because the core SEGA roster has all of their "unique" attributes covered.

Well, I tried. If Sega did ever want to make another comic, who do you think they would get?

If Archie Sonic goes away, it would be the end of a fucking era

Best bet is IDW, unless they go for broke and try one of the Big Two.

>uses ugliest image of him
Kek

>Comedic lackey to Eggman?
Nigger he's practically the Starscream of the series now

If they do go for the big two, do you think they would try and do a crossover? I honestly wouldn't know how to feel about that.

>They bring NOTHING to the table except more furry waifus. And if that's what you want from them, then fine, but at least be honest about it.

DING DING DING

This is the only reason Archie/SatAM fans want these characters to persist.

that isnt ugly you blind faggot

>snively
>furry

Probably. Kids like Sonic.

I've never understood why Bunnie isn't more popular.

And that is good because...?

Eh, who knows? I do like her.

He isnt a lackey?

I really have no issues with the Archie comics stopping.

The SatAM/Archie-original characters are largely irrelevant in today's Sonic universe and have just been through so much shit both in-story and real-world that they're just not fun anymore. Every attempt to make them "fit better" in contemporary Sonic just feels forced and weird.

Character archetype redundancy has been a big problem in the Archie Sonic books.

You've got Tails, Nicole AND Rotor all tripping over each other to cover the science/tech/computer wiz slot. For a good chunk of time Rotor was straight up written out of the book because he was so pointless and offered nothing. Even when they brought him back they couldn't think of anything to do with him because his spot was covered twice over by Tails and Nicole.

The Archie cast really does bloat things to the breaking point. The Pendering was a welcomed trimming, but it's still overstuffed with characters who do nothing. Honestly, if Nicole were still just a computer with no furry avatar, would ANY of you be clamoring for her to stick around? C'mon.

I wouldn't mind sticking exclusively to Sega game-only characters.

When you think about it, SatAM was really weird. It felt like a show that had Sonic forced into it at the last second with whatever the villain was supposed to be replaced by a Robotnik-ish design. Sonic and Tail did not fit with any of the other characters design or personality-wise, and the show would have changed litle without them.

and then Underground magnified those problems tenfold

Now that I think about it, maybe it should have just stayed a cartoon, yeah their still wouldn't have been a third season but it still would have been a fun run.
>Thanks Power Rangers

Yeah.

But nobody would have watched the show without Sonic in it.

People always say Power Rangers. Really it was the Disney buyout.

The new boss said "If Disney didn't make/own it", its gone.". See also: Reboot.

>still one of my favorite pairings

>"If Disney didn't make/own it", its gone."

Then why was AOSTH on Toon Disney for years?

but its ok when underground and aosth did it

Syndication rights. Different thing.

Dubs of truth

The moment you try to compare AOSTH to SatAM, you lose. Those shows aren't at all comparable and you watch them for different reasons.

Nobody's defending Underground, Underground was an abomination.

Can't say I'll be super sad if the Archie comics officially end. It was pretty much over for me when they rebooted. I gave the reboot a shot, but I can't get into it.

Well good thing then Sally didn't originate from there.

The reboot's only been good for one thing so far, everything else has been pretty lousy or underwhelming at best.

Your not alone, I remember seeing a lot of people just drop everything and move on, there was a shred of hope that the characters might remember the old universe but that was quickly nipped in the bud.

Blame ABC

Seriously, I'd put it down to the network changing things. Also SEGA, their lady in charge of licencing really pushed for Sally to be in SatAM.

I miss Green Knuckles

They haven't called him anything other than Ricky in decades.

Then again, they also haven't USED the squirrel in decades either. Was he even in Lost World?

Even if the comic was to REALLY get cancelled you could always just rally the Sonic community to crowdfund Ian Flynn and and a rotating group of artists to continue the story as a fan comic you fucking idiots.

All characters could be used because the comic would fall under Fair Use and without SEGA's fucktarded mandates the characters and the stories could be better than ever before.

IF, and that's a gigantic if, the comic was to indeed get cancelled, it would be the best thing to happen to Sonic comics - if you morons just have the basic competence needed to make it so.

P.S. Sally is one of the best characters ever created.

Why?

>P.S. Sally is one of the best characters ever created.

It was like everyone took stuiped pills and ran with it

Heh. Now past the panel where her eyes are jizzing.

Ah, memories...

I prefer mine with a bit of vava-voom

Shut up Boco

>not the edit

A) Falling for the "the FFs should be scrapped" bait are just hilarious.

B) Amy > Sally, all day every day.

C) SEGA (I think) owns everything made post-reboot, so if they take the license away from Archie, they can do whatever they want with the characters, settings, etc.

>C U C K Y

Mmmm, Drano cookies.

Beautiful.

Sally has a better design and voice

Can you hear Kath Soucie's voice coming out of reboot Sally? I can't

Considers Sonic&Knuckles the last sonic game and cringes at everything after.
Remember waking up at ass crack of dawn to watch SatAM.
Remember playing Sonic with sisters playing Sally and Bunny respectively.
Yeah, never mind, burn it all with fire, some things are best forgotten.