Coco

I'm about to watch this lads, is it any good?

Is it weird to go by myself to see this in the theater?

They don't let single adult males in to see kids movies.

How? I haven't seen any rips yet

Who, exactly, is going to confront you about it?

I'll never understand the people who get insecure about seeing movies by themselves. There's no one with them to judge them. If anything going with someone is much more stressful.

I've seen it, it's about 40 minutes too long

Haven't seen it but it's probably the ugliest Pixar movie yet

Better than JL

The voice acting sucks

It looks like a Direct to DVD movie.

just saw the budget for it, 200~ million. holy shit do pixar flicks usually cost that much?

t. buttblasted central/south americans

It didn't seem too long to me. The problem is that you get a 30 minute Frozen mini-movie beforehand instead of the standard Pixar short they usually do. The Frozen shit was way too long. Coco itself is well paced and neither my 4 year old nor myself got bored at all during the film.
Nah man. Gorgeous and intricate visuals.

Like most Pixar movies it's a solid kid's movie that has a good enough story to hold an adult's interest. Certainly better than the past few Pixar movies I've seen, but not as good as their best.

CGI is expensive (eg: superman's CGI mouth in JL alone costed 25 millions)

Why that specific demographic

Huh? Didn't Disney make this exact same mexican bait movie a couple of years ago?

>$25 million
lel, I bet that cost more than the movie Superman's actor starred him that prevented him from shaving his mustache. And the mouth still looks like shit.

>Nah man. Gorgeous and intricate visuals.
I'm talking about the character designs specifically, which I thought looked hideous, It's kind of ironic that skeletons look more unsettling when you give them eyeballs.

Seriously, fuck that frozen "short. Not only did it take a spot in pixar's other shorts, but it was too fucking long and uninteresting.

>have an ultra kiddy oriented Frozen short about the power of friendship starring Olaf, the possibly literally retarded

>the movie it opens for is a tale of murder, permanent loss, hubris, and alzheimer's

You're thinking of the Book of Life, same aesthetic but that was a Fox movie.

This is the real kino

Certified Kino

>movie about shit colored """people"""
lol

This.
Not once ever, has there been an actually good film made or starred by shitskins.

Aye Esse ju wanna check out dis new loco CGI Cartoon from Pixar® Entertainment LLC

Oh yeah, mexican here: when I watched it, they removed the Frozen short because people complained it was too long. My advice is you should do the same.

>one of the early scenes displays a little spic stealing a guitar that isn't his
I'll give it points for immersion and being realistic

>the bad guy is a Trump analog

I'm Mexican but this movie really annoyed me and I don't know why. The plot was solid and it had good pacing and characters. Something really felt off, though.

No, it's just a backstabbing fuck that killed his own friend and stole the credit for his life's work for decades

spic kino

Op here. Just finished watching it and it was classic Pixar.

9/10

That frozen shit pissed me off, though. For a moment I thought I somehow got into the wrong room.

>That frozen shit pissed me off, though. For a moment I thought I somehow got into the wrong room.
More people should be aware of this.

The film is made by computers entirely

>spic pandering: the movie
perfect for le 56% nation

Ripped off the concept from the Book of Life and is just shitty adaptation of Mexican culture to brainwash the youth into thinking that nation should culturally contribute to mainstream Americana (it should)

>Ripped off the concept from the Book of Life
It's based on a traditional holiday. That's like saying that every Christmas and Halloween movie is a rip-off you retard.

Mexicans don't even celebrate it the way it's depicted in the film.
It's pandering with a butt ugly art style.

It even took the guitar playing MC that travels to the world of the dead.

Im mexican and yes we do.

because that's all there is to mexican culture. Acoustic guitar, dia de muertos, mariachi and food

I'm mexican and we don't

>the chicano pandering begins

This is just the beginning

I'm Mexican too and hell yes we do, Where do you live? Because certainly all over center states and south states we celebrate them, we sell Bread and candies, and every school, every classroom build an altar every year, and the more traditional families build an altar too, also cemeteries open usually 24 hours that day, so all people can visit their departed family.

Pretty sure they hate mexico with a passion.

Im Mexican too and we dont do any of that. Stop giving us a bad name you dirty spic, im trying to integrate.

It got all the archetypes right
>Revivify your father from the underworld
Most moral Hollywood movie in DECADES, the only caveat is that it was in a Mexican movie

>im trying to integrate.
Fuck off the real Mexicans are the only living and not some dirty chicanos.

You even celebrate 5 de Mayo, when that shit is not celebrated here in Mexico.

Wtf I love spics now

>A movie about Mexicans trigger Sup Forums

Go back to your safe space you right wing SJWs.

I wasn't trying to shitpost but I l lived in a northern state so it wasn't very cultured and more Americanized

> image.jpg

Who care what you're about to do? You already payed DISNEY the money, and just shitposting on your cell phone to kill time before the Frozen short starts.

What is the revenant

Yet another mexican here. Haven't actually seen the movie yet but we do celebrate dia de los muertos. I'm guessing you're a chicano which is why it looks unfamiliar to you.

A shit movie

Yes, we do
t. A very white Chilean fella

City of god

Shit I meant for

Chileans, Brazilians and Uruguayans are cool it's Argentines that are insufferable.

That's an overblown number. I'd say about 20 minutes, but even then I wasn't totally bored by those parts that seemed to exist just to waste time. I feel like they had a pretty good, solid idea and just had to come up with so many "and then"s to make it feature length.

City of God is probably better than your favorite movie, pleb.

>have an ultra kiddy oriented Frozen short about the power of friendship starring Olaf, the possibly literally retarded
Inb4 these cuddly little Frozen shorts are meant to keep us cozy until the real Frozen 2 turns out to be ultra dark and depressing, with loads of violence, heartbreak, death, and the destruction of the kingdom in unstoppable hellfire.

It would be the greatest animated sequel of all time.

Will watching it help me impress chicanas

>MFW they took the Frozen short because people complained

Only lasted 5 days over here, I couldn't watch it, is it good?

Nope, Chicanos are literally sons/daughters of Mexicans, and they have no idea what their own culture is, and they don't even embrace it.

>Disney could make a Grim Fandango movie, but it would be redundant because of Coco
>Disney could make a Monkey Island movie, but it would be redundant because of PotC

Kill me

>Disney shills come in here every year trying to get me to watch their shitskin bullshit
You couldn’t even pay me to watch this or Moana

This guy knows whats up. Some of them refuse to even speak Spanish in pubic, and say shit like "I can understand what people say in Spanish, but I can't speak it very well.".......BULLSHIT they are just pointlessly denying who they are when they look more Mexican than image related.

I came in expecting a worse Book of Life, glad I kept my expectations low because I was blown out of the water by how good it was.

verge of tears at Miguel singing to coco

Yes, actually. Most people on here will hate it just because its Frozen, and I was thinking going in that it would be another retread like the last short, Frozen Fever, but thankfully it avoids that route. Actually adds some new depth to the main characters.
It was originally supposed to be made for TV, not theaters, so don't expect anything groundbreaking, but its a nice appetizer to Coco with its own moments.

Coco, meanwhile, is definitely worth your time. Excellent film.

you did not watch the movie did you

there is literally nothing wrong with going out to see a movie by yourself.

a lot of movies are made by directors who spent hours and hours going out to the movies by themselves. you'll usually see at least a couple ppl in the theater doing this, and most of them look perfectly normal. it's better than being a shut-in, thats for sure.

Is this just Disney's pathetic attempt to copy-paste The Book of Life because they haven't had an original idea in years? Sad thing is it'll probably make way more money.

Frozen short at the beginning is a disgraceful marketing ploy by the Disney scum.

Thank god they left Pixar to handle the main attraction because Coco is legitimately one of the best animated features ever made and blew my mind on many levels.

But I don't
Xoxo
t.salvadoran. im still not watching it tho

Movie was ok but I couldn't get past the puppet art design. Terrible choice.

Do Mexicans really worship skeletons? I thought that was heretical in the Church?

Go and see the film and you’ll realize that’s it’s packed with more creativity, artistry and love than The Book of Life could even dream of mustering.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and go and watch this film. It’s one of Pixar’s best.

you didn't watch the movie
It is much more grounded, more focused on characters than Book of Life, which has more of a focus on mythology and the gods

There is little to no "stupid" comedy like Ice T's character, which was a pleasant surprise

the songs are vital to the plot and thus make you feel more at certain points

good movie that you certainly did not watch

over/under 2.5 Drumpf references

There's no way this won't be a success.

I watched both and they are pretty different, and to be honest Coco feels like Disney made its research and feels 100% Mexican culture, meanwhile Book of Life feels like an American copypasted wikipedia article and made his own fanfic and tried to add cool stuff and somehow the city resembles Spain.

Can someone tell me if Coco is white friendly? Like can I bring my white friends to watch it and the characters won't be yelling "Viva La Raza!" or make innuendos of Mexican supremacy? Asking for a friend. I'm Chinese by the way.

I'm not saying that TBoL is a better movie than Coco; in fact, I haven't even seen either of them. I'm just saying that the concept is really similar, and it seems like Disney just saw the success(?) of TBoL and decided to make their own version. I may be incorrect, but I thought I heard that the creators of TBoL were rejected by Disney, which makes the whole thing even more suspicious.

>I'm fine with the media over-representing black people, but one movie about the largest minority in this country?
>NO FUCKING WAY!!! DRUMPFY PLS HELP!!!!!1!!!1!!!11!12

>cucktholics

None that I can recall. There's no mention of other countries or anything like that. Its as white friendly as a movie about a Mexican holiday can be.

Shamefur dispray, Xiang Li Wong

>when that shit is not celebrated here in Mexico
umm yes it is sweaty

Generic Pixar film with "deep" themes and reflections on life#389 but it's about spic skeletons this time.

It's not worshiping. It a combination of indigenous and catholic beliefs. Catholics believe that death isn't the end and when the spaniards brought catholic beliefs there was an overlap with their beliefs and indigenous. Day of the dead is supposed to be about remembering family and knowing they're not truly gone and celebrating those that have passed. Haven't seen Coco but from reviews and word of mouth this is why it's being praised as actually nailing mexican culture whereas Book of Life was a love story, Coco centers around family.

I thought Mexicans worship Santa Muerte too or some shit? That's pretty heretical.

shut up spic

No, I will not support a company who literally made a solid attempt at COPYRIGHTING the name of a holiday ("El Dia De Los Muertos") for this movie

Fuck Disney

>spanglish up the ass in every other sentence
>using words like "ofrendas" that white people won't understand
It's not white friendly

Coco is racist and creepy as fuck. No one cares about the "El Dia De Los Muertos" aka Day of the Dead other than Mexicans. Even other types of Hispanics get creeped out when they bring food, and clothing to grave yards and throw parties for dead bodies.

>Santa Muerte
That's a select few who worship that usually drug traffickers the same goes for Malverde, its not a widespread belief. Also atheism is on the rise in Mexico.

>Ay carumba.

>first Disney Latino movie
>iAY AY AY, MUY LOCO, MARIACHY Y DIOS DE LOS MUERTOS, AY CARAMBA!

very subtle,Disney. I like it

It is a holiday, but not OFFICIAL Holiday, most states don't celebrate it, people work that day, bussiness are open that day, kids go to school, etc....

The big days are Sep 16th and Nov 20th (And of course Dec 25th)

>everyone has a cheesy Mexican accent
>random Spanish words thrown in
lol, that shit would not happen if it was set in medieval Sweden or some shit like Frozen