What were they thinking? Seriously, what the fuck we're they thinking

What were they thinking? Seriously, what the fuck we're they thinking

But it's so diverse!

They were angling for a spin off but then everyone absolutely hated that episode so that won't be happening

>what the fuck we're they thinking

The Warriors and world-building?

Setting up the plot for S3 ya mong. It was done in a shoddy manner but that's what the intention was

AHAHAHAHAHAHA *BREATHES IN* AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Back door pilot that failed because of how fucking bad it was.

S1 8 episodes of kino
S2 perfectly arranged for 8 episodes of kino
BUT MUH DIVERSITY... S2 = SHIT

I didn't hate it, but having it been a pure Eleven episode, never cutting to the others, was very off-putting.

Is that supposed to be a girl

looks like a character I made in Mass Effect Andromeda

Nah it's a skinny guy wearing a choker for some reason

It shouldn't have been it's own episode. I understand what they were going for but it felt rushed and ruined the pacing of the main plot. It would've been better if they had not made it its own episode and just intermixed it with other episodes.

suicide squad version of this

Reminder Steve is the true bro

Kai Greene (the big black dude) fucked a grapefruit on video.

Is that how he got the role?

HAHAHA AMERISHARTS BTFO

56% EVEN BACK IN THE 80S LMAO!

F O R C E D

D I V E R S I T Y

Muh diversity

>Could test out a Steve spinoff
>do this instead

there weren't enough stranger things so they added some more

Why would they do a season 3?

Wtf I love antifa now??

That little orc kid pisses me off so much

Even the normies I talked with on Thanksgiving thought that episode was fucking terrible.

Regular people don't give a fuck about diversity, only the small but vocal minority of social-media-obsessed SJW cucks who live on the Internet.

Jxjd

They all have AIDS right? That's why they look so sickly?

Can somebody explain this to me?

Normies hated it because it felt like filler and killed the momentum of the previous episode. Not because they gt triggered by watching non whites.

I liked it.

I am gonna need an uncensored version of that photo, I am asking for a friend.

I heard George Lucas directed this episode. Can anyone confirm?

What I don't get is why they thought fans of Stranger Things would want a spin-off about a group of punks in the city.
If you're going to spin-off Stranger Things make the spin-off star a popular character, like Steve, and have it keep with the whole Steven King/80s nostalgia vibe.

The Indian girl and large negro felt so out of place it was jarring, especially since the show has generally done a good job of feeling authentic in most other aspects. Apparently she's going to be featured more prominently next season, which is a shame.

its because of all the hype with eleven, someone somewhere misontrued that as an active interest and demand in more super powered beings, so they got their own episode to test the water

I wouldn't have had a problem with an Eleven-only episode if they made the characters she met more likeable. The Indian chick couldn't act, the black guy was just comic relief, the driver was basically a nonentity, and the mohawk and psycho chick were just thieves and addicts. I had absolutely zero sympathy for any of them because they just amounted to murderers and thieves.

Wasn’t the whole gang supposed to have been a psychic projection of the poo in loos but they cut that because they ran out of time? Pretty sure I read that somewhere. Also the red head and Chad brother were supposed to be werewolves or something but that got cut too. No I don’t have any sources

Can I have access to your mind reading machine?

Horrible.

>Casing a poo-in-loo in any speaking role
How to make sure EVERYONE fucking hates the character

got the uncensored one?

That makes very little sense.
Unless they're her imaginary friends and she doesn't consciously make them but even then that makes no sense because there's definitely physical shit they did.

And werewolves doesn't seem like something this show would do, they're far too tight. Everything works because it's all kind of connected and cohesive, Werewolves rolling into town and just buddying up with our heroes would feel really forced.
So even if they had that idea it's obvious why they didn't follow through.

>The Warriors
If they were thinking about The Warriors while making that piece of shit episode then they should be ashamed of themselves.

>only ST episode directed by a woman gets a 6

Convince me this isn't just blatant sexism.

MARXIST DIVERSITY SQUAD ASSEMBLE

>everyone but the black kid is white

Gee I wonder

I FUCKING HATE NIGGERS SO FUCKING MUCH IM SO SICK OF SEEING THEIR DISGUSTING FUCKING FACES HAMFISTED INTO EVERY FORM OF MEDIA THEY ARE DISGUSTING AND WORTHLESS AND DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE IN THE SAME COUNTRY AS THE WHITE MAN ALL THEY DO IS SHIT AND COMPLAIN

Ironically this, but unironically.

yeah seriously, The Warriors could be referenced well in the stranger things world for what inner city gangs look like or something but that was nothing like the warriors at all. It seems like a cop out to try and cover up their weird diversity gang by just saying its umm like the warriors!

id hate fuck the indian i dont give a fuck

When that middle fuck started speaking.

*inhales*

a better question is why didn't they wax that bitch's mustache before filming

seriously that shit is distracting and gross as fuck

its progressive

>13-year-old girl openly dates/kisses black boy in 1980s Midwest

How can leftists deny that there's an agenda in media/Hollywood?

But Eleven is meant to be the creppy psychic child, like the kid in poltergeist or 6th sense or The Ring. She's not a superhero.

What really rustled me was how "noble" the colored people in the gang were. The black guy was depicted as strong and reliable, the black chick was supposed to be smart and sassy, and the Indian chick is the leader. Meanwhile... The white guy is shown to be violent, cruel, and stupid, and the white chick is just a vapid bimbo.
When will Hollywood's character assassination of white people end?

POO

not but really that episode was godawful

Purely for diversity. This season even ticked the interracial couple box. Oh, and the one blonde white dude who was introduced was a psycho, in turn because his white dad beat him.

The (((cultural propaganda never stops)))

Our Guy

Here ya go

It's for a spinoff

No one will watch

every single normie i talked to at uni about this episode hated it, but only because it was out of touch and broke the rhythm of the show. No one mentioned hating it because they had to see black-skinned characters

>because there's definitely physical shit they did.
Obviously it got dropped early on smart guy.

Hence why the spinoff won't happen now

I have a feeling the Duffer Brothers are in over their heads. Every time they talk about the show/their original plans/the plans for the future, they kind of contradict themselves. It sounds like they're flailing and just sort of making things up on the fly. Originally they wanted to do the "It" remake and that fell through, so then they retooled it into a King/Spielberg that would eventually become "Stranger Things", but I don't think they were planning on it becoming the second most talked about thing in 2016 after Donald Trump. When they first started talking about season two they said they had always planned for more seasons but that's probably a lie. Now they said they originally conceived it as a season based anthology thing like "True Detective" and "Channel Zero", but I think the truth is they had no concrete plan but maybe played with both ideas, and I think this episode is proof of that. Had they gone with an anthology format, you would have to think about what the common theme would be (True Detective is crime mysteries, Channel Zero is Creepypasta), I think Stranger Things could have been just 80s nostalgia shit with a loose sci-fi/horror spin, where every season could ape a particular style. Season one would have been 80s kids on bikes stuff, season 2 would be urban decay films like The Warriors or Escape From New York, a third season could be classic 80s slasher stuff, maybe something more sci-fi oriented like alien. I think this was their way of splitting the difference being that, as others have pointed out already, the Duffers considered this a backdoor pilot for an undeveloped spin-off. Granted, I don't think that would have worked even if the episode wasn't awful. Tying Kali's story to Eleven and the Upside-Down shit is really limiting in its focus. What, would they just have a bunch of spin-offs featuring experiments 1-11? That would get old fast.

8 and her crew were so fucking awful, they could really have done without that episode