Seeing how BvS is basically Snyders watered down version of this, I figured we could talk about it

Seeing how BvS is basically Snyders watered down version of this, I figured we could talk about it.

Does the grimdark deconstruction of Superman serve a purpose or is it nothing more than edgy wankery?

It really doesn't, especially when Superman was suppose to be the guy that brought hope back to Batman, but Superman's eternal bleakness doesn't help in convincing us. Which in turn made the Martha scene look even dumber.

>Seeing how BvS is basically Snyders watered down version of this
i don't remember Eisenberg mass manufacturing sex dolls of Cavill

Waid is a fat hack

How exactly is BvS like Irredeemable?
I mean it has a bit of the "some aren't sure to trust him" bit for Superman,
But Superman never went out against any normal citizens.
He was framed for killing people but didn't kill anyone but Doomsday.

He certainly didn't snap and go all out.
So idk why you're making the close connection other than wanting to make an Irredeemable thread.

all deconstruction is edgy wankery regardless

Irredeemable started pretty interesting but became worse and worse as the story continued, though I still liked some of the later parts.

>BvS is like Irredeemable
Fuck off. Irredeemable is actually fun to read. Also, Tony is better character than anyone in Snyderman

>He certainly didn't snap and go all out.

It was show that if Lois died he would snap and become a murderous dictator. This isn't the sanest Clark.

>Does the grimdark deconstruction of Superman serve a purpose or is it nothing more than edgy wankery?
You might consider it wankery, but it also highlights the futility of the traditionally idealistic Superman character within a modern setting...which completely misses the point of the character, because it is during the times the character feels most out of place that his idealism traditionally shines and makes him a beacon of hope is the sea of cynicism around him. It only works when the character remains idealistic and uncompromised by the world he finds himself in however, something Snyder completely missed.

The story of this world isn't over yet, user...unfortunately.

>the bat is dead, bury it
He was one dead Lois away from turning into the Plutonian.
But you're also kinda right, just finished reading Irredeemable.

It's more Miracleman than Irredeemable. Man of Steel even has the same city-destroying battle with down to the ending with the neck-snapping. It's the best Miracleman movie ever made.

It's edgy wankery but it's the best of its kind, it shows how fun that kind of story can be.

>or is it nothing more than edgy wankery

> Original premise: What if Superman was really in OUR world full of haters and assholes
interesting

> Actual premise: his mother tried to murder him over and over every day
Well fuck you too, Waid

How does heat make a door stick? And if it's that hot, the skin on her hand touching the metal doorknob should be melting off.

>being this retarded

as an afterthought, imagine Snyder's Kingdom Come.
Flash murders McCree, Superman murders the UN, Batman murders everyone

It might've at one point, but it's been overdone. At this point a bright, hopeful Superman rip off would be a breath of fresh fucking air.

BvS is more like Injustice.

Incorruptible is better tho.

Is it worth it as a standalone story or just as a companion piece to Irredeemable?
Have only read the latter myself so I'm curious

No, sadly. Some parts intersect with the main story and without it you'll miss some context.

>Seeing how BvS is basically Snyders watered down version of this
You're retarded. And this is nonsensical.