Sup Forums BTFO again!

Sup Forums BTFO again!

>The Mary Sue

Only two of those things can be considered partially true.

Oh. nice, I've already spotted the quote that will especially trigger Sup Forums.

Is this a new original character or another remake/rehash/genderbent/racebent character?

let me guess

The Washington Post quote?

Now post the sales

The comicverse, IGN, and Advocate quotes are accurate, and the Washington Post quote is accurate for the first sentence. So that's 3 and a half accurate quotes.

She's been around since 2011.

That's the one.

March sales aren't out yet.

Leave Monica out of this.

>only 1 quote from legitimate news entity
>says author is queer but doesn't comment quality whatsoever
>fill negative space with quotes from niche blogs run by the legbeards who are already on your newsgroup
OP I don't understand the significance of this.

compared to 1989, 1994 etc

Is she a racebent/genderbent existing character or original?

She was created in 2011, so she's not really "new." As for being a " remake/rehash/genderbent/racebent" character, not really. There was a "Miss America" in the Golden Age, but this is technically "Ms. America" and the two have nothing to do with each other.

I'm glad this is getting rave reviews.
It validates what I always suspected

Original. More or less.

I see what you did there
>Sup Forums

>it's a newspaper critics read a comic once every 5 years episode

Well that slipped past me then. A whole new NONWHITE character they MADE and not put in a blender.

That's all I want. Make characters worth the time instead of fugging existing ones.

Capecomics were never made to be good but to sell and make cash. If it sells (which i doubt) good for them, otherwise the rivera family gotta have to search for a new job.

LET'S STORYTIME TO CELEBRATE!

>April 5th
Why must we wait so long?

Vox populi, vox Dei.

What populus?

We already know that these reviews are nothing more than paid advertisements.

Yeah, too bad her comic is a thousand times worse than any of the genderbent/racebent characters running around. But that's more a knock on the writer than the character. I like her well enough under Ewing, but I hate that this is what her first ongoing amounts to. Garbage that gets praise, meaning we're probably not getting a new writer anytime soon.

If this shit somehow ends up outselling Ultimates past the first couple issues, I will be furious.

I bet it sells like shit in less than a month

>OP I don't understand the significance of this.
Youre seeing an example of the latest innovation in media messaging. An unholy combination of corporate marketing and trolling.

I'm of the opinion that threads started with it should be either deleted or moved to Sup Forums as well going forward. While threads bitching about how infamously shitty America is are inevitable, we can afford to be selective, make people work for it, and only use the highest quality thread concepts for the bitching. It's not as if there will be any shortage of options, so why go with blatant trolly advertisements?

It was in one of the new avengers, the extra gay one.

Was this ever storytimed? I can't find it in the archive.

This is the comic that convinced me you're not allowed to give bad reviews to certain types of books. This is, by every objective standard, a bad comic. Bad writing, bad art, nothing happens, nothing to hook you, it's fucking awful. Yet it's praised constantly. How many of these people are true believers and how many eye the bottle of Glenfiddich as they make each keystroke?

So when is the real miss America comic coming out?

>Was this ever storytimed?
Only fifty times.

We'll see if the sales hold up with the praise. It won't.

The problem is that if this gets both sales and critical success, that means the writer isn't going anywhere. I don't need more confirmation to know that there's not much of a correlation between quality and sales. I have decades of experience with that fact. Likewise, I have never in my life put much stock in comic reviewers so a bunch of "critical" praise doesn't really mean anything to me.

But a bad writer being able to cement themselves in the industry is never a good thing. Sometimes they can get better over time, but in the meantime, the chances of a good MAC ongoing (from Marvel) went out the wind, and who knows what other books Rivera might get.

Or maybe she'll get her shit together and the first issue was just a fluke while the rest of the series ends up being a genuine masterpiece, but I highly fucking doubt that.

It was done at least 5 times. I think they even did one in Sup Forums, for the cultural enrichment. And this one is pretty much guaranteed for the next storytime of pain series.

I disagree. The reviews were open about what was most important, and that's how much they agreed politically with the book. No other factor is significant. And there are also gigantic bigots who make purchasing decisions on how much reviewers politically agree with the book.

>The problem is that if this gets both sales and critical success, that means the writer isn't going anywhere.
Well thankfully one of those is already in the tank.

>It was in one of the new avengers, the extra gay one.
She was created in the Vengeance mini that only existed because Marvel had 6 really awesome covers, so they got Casey to do a 6 issue mini that those covers could be used on.

Then Gillen used her in Young Avengers, which had a lot of hype going in because of JiM being fantastic. Gillen was on a roll there. Unfortunately, YA wasn't anywhere near as good and was pretty disappointing all around, but she got fleshed out and gained some popularity there. Then Ewing got her for Ultimates, one of the few consistently good books that Marvel has put out since Secret Wars.

And now she gets her first ongoing after doing her dues in teambooks and what does she get? This mess.

It was done multiple times a day because people wanted to constantly storytime it. Literally 404'd then instantly re-storytimed. I have no idea how you missed all of them. A perfect storm of shitposting.

>both sales
Seeing the users rating, you don't have to care that much about sales.

>critics 8.5
>readers 4.6
I ain't even mad yo.
I'm just dissapointed.

>But a bad writer being able to cement themselves in the industry is never a good thing

Please, we're talking about Marvel. They never gave a fuck about anything else but money, dont kid yourself oltherwise. They probably get ton of money to push this bullshit, since it dont really sells much anyway.

We don't know that yet. Her first issue sales haven't been released yet, she sold fine digitally, and we know there's a second printing coming. That doesn't mean much since digital and second printings aren't large factors, but we don't actually know how well it sold yet. I hope it sold poorly, but people saying that it did just because BleedingCuck and a couple retailers on twitter said so are counting their chickens before they hatch.

I think storytimed like 3 times but I think it should be storytimed again. We don't want the new anons who just joined Sup Forums because of Logan to miss out on this revolutionary, "visually inspiring" comic book, right?

You guys told me voting for Trump would kill the SJWs.

>

>otherwise the rivera family gotta have to search for a new job.

lold

Slash got tan.

>Black nerd problems

>The Washington Post quote
Holy shit, they aren't being subtle anymore

Why would you think that? It just makes them louder, angrier and more determined.

Commit suicide
Literally giving Marlel free publicity. Literally

You, uh, you do that user

You're a dipshit if all the feminist marches surprised you.

i'm going to guess America #1 gets 50-60k, drops down to 30,000s by issue 2, by issue 3 it's in the low 20s and down to typical Carol numbers by issue 4.

>Not even the comment section of "The Mary Sue" liked this shit.

What will the reviewers do from now on? They will double-down on their shilling or will step back and give it more realistic reviews?

It's pretty much working, senpai. He created a culture where everyone feels emboldened to put them in their rightful place, and they're currently struggling for relevance.

He's not wrong though, this shit just proves Sup Forums right about media bias. I mean C'mon just look at that Washington Post quote

very nice, lets see the sales figures

Before you guys put words in my mouth, I always suspected that the whole "review" and "critics" industry is just parasites leeching off the popular opinion and not of quality

If you guys are so concerned with Sup Forums maybe you should go there instead

>I always suspected that the whole "review" and "critics" industry is just parasites leeching off the popular opinion and not of quality
but that is Sup Forums opinion
you are Sup Forums, user

Are you fucking kidding me
Is there anything that is not a Sup Forums opinion any more

hard to say, they also like a man with
Jafari in his name
Trump loves jew
Sup Forums is filled with non whites

If you have a political opinion and express it on Sup Forums, you belong on Sup Forums.

The world ha become a parody of itself. Nothing is logical anymore, to the point where any reasonable opinion will seem Sup Forums.

Someone storytime it

Nope.

Sup Forums used meme magic to make itself a tulpa thought-golem body to imprint their consciousnesses into. We live in a Sup Forumsverse now.

Is this gonna be the new bait comic or is Rat Queens still the leader?

So people with terrible taste like it

It'll only succeed if they actually buy it every month

How come none of these glowing reviews talk about story structure, composition, dialogue, theming, or pacing?

I finally realized why I found the brown fist line so funny, besides the obvious. It reminded me of that one Dobson comic where the black lesbian chick goes "LESBIAN KICK" against the beauty pageant winner.

Cause the comic is about a certain agenda which aligns with the media's interest. As long as it aligns with with them it's fine
This is always the case

"America #1" being terrible and Sup Forumsfags being dumb imbeciles are not self-excluding notions. Both are true.

Cucks trying to score brownie points. Meanwhile right wing chads and racist black leftists bang their wives and leftist women.

Lol top kek.

though I also think this is leftist propaganda
there is no need to shitpost my man

Sales are what matter
And guess what Marvels comic sales have not been as good as the last few years
So let these fools stroke there ego,by this time next year the book will have been cancelled

>latino

chicano scum has no right to that name.

if you disagree with a leftist your opinion is Sup Forums

Its fact post.

Everything is a Sup Forums opinion.

But it's not even leeching off of popular opinion. The "popular opinion" regarding this book is overall negative. It's about trying to control opinion as the media still sees themselves as the gatekeeper of that.

Hate that chicano retard pout,

Double down. If they dare judge their brave queer womyn of color fairly the unwashed screechers will eat them alive.

>The Washington Post
>Entertainment Weekly
The fuck do these even care about comics?

>blacknerdproblems.com
They are aware that she isn't Black, right?

>They are aware that she isn't Black, right?

Its all the same to them, funnily enough.

Let's wait to see those sales first shall we?

>They are aware that she isn't Black, right?
That's just the name of the website. The owner of the site reviews everything

Ah fair nuff then.

It's like one of my japanese animes

Close, but wrong game

>Visually Inspiring.

I'm assuming this about the art of course and not just that she's brown and kisses girls.

The artist isn't bad the but the colorist literally too a big shit all over this comic.

If he didn't do such a hack job with the color holds I'd strip the color out of it and do a page that didn't look like ass to show how it should be done. I'm by no means great but I'm better than this shit.

>Everyone's favorite
>Everyone's
>Favorite

Teen Titans Go?

Kek

Pardon my ignorance as I am not american, but didn't the left coin the term "Identity politics"? Didn't Hillary herself use the term during her campaign?

This comic makes me want to genocide spics. And spice normally don't bother me. But if this is what they are capable of they need to go.

The inking is fucking terrible too. Everything looks like a blob of sidewalk chalk.

Most of the card carrying Spics I know are placing this blame on the queers.

>Washington Compost
>legitimate

Truly this is the darkest timeline.

I get the rest, but the comment on the clouds confuses me. Is it because it blends with the blonde hair?

That makes sense. We'll have to deal with the queers then.