I'm in a terrible dream and I can't wake up

I'm in a terrible dream and I can't wake up

It was good until the sister plot took over, hopefully it goes in another direction soon.

He’s fucking Grundy.

I know jack shit about Archie but I'm watching it and like it

tfw only watching it to get closer with a chick

what your stuck in some ghey 90s highschool drama staring people in their 20s and 30s casted as teens and you keep asking this 1 chick for id and she keeps saying she is clear;y legal then you fuck her and go to jail because she was lying but the judge was oggling her tits and the jury agreed she looked 25 and the star witness for the prosecution was starting to go bald but hes supposedly 16

yea i had that dream

I like it a lot.

I'm genuinely interested in the murder mystery. Here are the facts so far:
>Jason wanted to fake his death so he could elope with Polly. He had been involved in drug dealing in order to finance this. He even had some drugs in the car he was going to run away with.
>Jason's grandma knew about the marriage
>He left his sister by the river, that was the last time he was seen alive that we know
>On that very same day, Polly was taken to a facility against her will
>Jason never made it to the car, or if he did he never used it since it hadn't been moved
>He somehow ended up captured and tortured
>After being tourtured, he was shot in the the head
>He was then frozen for several days.
>Somebody then planted the body near the river, they WANTED the body to be found
>Kevin Keller found the body because Moose conveniently wanted to do gay stuff by the river
>Betty's dad stole all the evidence from the Sheriff's office
>Betty and Jughead found the car, somebody followed them and saw this.
>In the time it took for the cops to get there, somebody destroyed it
>Polly escaped that very same night
>Jughead's dad has Jason's jersey in his closet. Jugehead's dad is a Southside Serpent, involved in the drug trade, just like Jason was.
>Ms. Grundy is hiding a lot of shit and she gave Jason "private lessons"

Betty is my waifu

Grundy when she was leaving was eyeing some other young men. I think she's just a serial rapist of some sort.

its a pretty sweet dream if you are Archie. The fucker is football star, musician, and drowning in pussy and his nemesis is bros with him

Asian dude bro Reggie is best Reggie

Jughead's dad was just a big fan of Jason and the team. Nothing wrong with supporting your local team.

>>Betty's dad stole all the evidence from the Sheriff's office
This hasn't been verified. Betty's parents denied it.

But we actually saw him do it.
And do you really trust anything any parent in this series says?

I think they only really denied the murder

I’ve been watching since starting the thread and I actually am getting into it. It hurts the childhood a little but it also seems like something I would come up with.

Alice was the only one that denied the evidence stealing, mostly because she seems unaware that her husband did it because she doesn't think he has the balls.

he needs more screen time. They should cut Archies screentime, he is boring

They really should.
>Veronica: There is one thing no one could ever take from me
>Reggie: Your trust fund?
Dude is golden

Oh shit she stole og grundy’s identity

this was spoiled in a promo a month ago

it's dumb but in a "what if we smooshed Twin Peaks and Gossip Girl together" way

The show reminds me of Veronica Mars

Reggie is criminally underused.

>do you really trust anything any parent in this series says?
Everyone in Riverdale really is gunning for the "worst parent ever" award.

How many of you guys actually read the comics?

I read the first issue or so of the zombie one once

>How many of you guys actually read the comics?
If they like this mess a show, maybe they did read the comics once or twice but I doubt they are fans at all.

I read them for a long ass time, there is literally nothing notable about Archie comics outside of the times they go off the rails

I like the Jughead comic

>Betty is my waifu

Yes!

First I found Veronica more attractive, but Betty just grew on me.

I like the digests and the Horror stuff is great, plus the odd stuff they do from time to time can be pretty fun. The reboot is mostly okay, but I really do like the current Jughead book.

Archie Comics have done crazy shit before. The show is just another take on that.

Please tell me they didn't actually do the "Betty and Veronica are GAAAY" thing.

They had them kiss, and then immediately poked fun at in show for being tryhard.

Veronica just kissed Betty for dramatic purposes

they didn't

Moose is gay though

Kevin seems to have successfully inned him though.

This show is so fucking terrible, and is oddly obsessed with Maple syrup.

I love it so much.

>watching another CW show about attractive teens with problems

i know it's based on Archie, but goddamn, they veered off the source material with this one

>>Somebody then planted the body near the river, they WANTED the body to be found

This is an assumption. Maybe they just wanted to get rid of the body after hiding it on a freezer, or wherever it was frozen. Sure, its a stupid idea but if they had no other option, eg they couldn't hide the body anymore or wanted to incriminate somebody it can make sense.

>Betty's dad stole all the evidence from the Sheriff's office

I think he did it to avoid a connection with Polly, since they and the Blossoms want to hide it.

WHAT?!

Bi.

Honest to god, if you haven’t watched this, that’s actually whats happening

Your dreams are sponsored by Covergirl too?

Eat shit, she's mine.

S-should I watch it? I mean I know its gonna be bad and wrong in all senses, but the temptation...

It's fun. And The guys and girls are all super hot.

I’m OP and have watched the whole first season since starting this thread so... I don’t really don’t know.

I'll keep watching for this waifu, sadly her and Jughead will never happen since she is destined to pine eternally for Archie (who is the most boring character on the show)

Most people I've seen saying it's bad are morons who can't figure out when the show is deliberately fucking with them (almost always).

post yfw the whitest white bread character to ever white isn't white

I agree with ppl dont always getting it if a show is just fucking arround, I'll start watching it but, at least for now, I really doubt its one of those cases, I'll report my thoughts on the next thread

>S-should I watch it? I mean I know its gonna be bad and wrong in all senses, but the temptation...

If you like scenes like this

the cheer choreography is so fucking bad

>the cheer choreography is so fucking bad

Could you be more gay ?

I can appreciate butts and recognize shit choreography at the same time, user

I think it's pretty clear they know what they're doing. This is a show with a blood feud based on breakfast garnish played absolutely straight and has troubled teens getting v&. They expect the audience to be able to process high camp like that.
The first few episodes are kind of set up though, so impressions can be different after watching more and seeing something like the Grundy plot get wrapped up.

I've read hundreds of Archie comics and digests. Probably close to a thousand if not over that.

I like the show.

>I can appreciate butts and recognize shit choreography at the same time, user

Gays can't appreciate butts, said no one ever...

Archie being really dumb and useless is funny

This episode was absolute trash

>still, that fanservice...

No wonder he is so delicious

I read Archie and Jughead (every month) and B&V, Afterlife and Sabrina (when they come out). I love the show.

Friendly reminder that Archie is best boy and that Juggie a shit.

It's even funnier because Jughead clearly knows just how stupid he is. He treats him like a kid, gives him simple explanations and tells him to go play with his guitar

unfortunately no.

The killer has to be someone with decent screen time, who the show can afford to go without next season, who isn't too obvious, who's reveal will create drama.

That kinda narrows it down to:
>The sheriff: Big twist kinda thing, if he was corrupt and responsible. Effects kelvins character. No-one would see it coming but its believable consider last episode. Show doesn't lose any main characters that matter.
>Miss Grundy: less likely since her whole story line is finished
>Jugheads dad: Kinda obvious which makes it seem less likely
>Kevin: he's part of the scooby gang but not so important that the show couldn't go on without him
>One of the coopers
>One of the blossoms
>Hiram Lodge
>Predator
>Frank Castle

So is there any point to using archie chcaracters over original characters?

Brand Recognition and an additional Layer of camp.

Having josie and the pussy cats sing an updated version of sugar sugar is more fun for an audience that "random brandname" singing "original song no-one gives a shit about".

imagine the shitstorm on Sup Forums if it was Predator

Geeze louise, the show is only a few episodes in and they already made comics based on it? Next thing you'll tell me is that a restaurant is based on this show!

There is a tie-in comic with the show and it's not awful

>implying it's not Josie's mom and the football coach, leaders of the city narcotics ring

it's getting an ongoing too

Guys it's obviously smithers. the Butler did it. The Butler always does it. He disposed of Jason for Hiram so Hiram could get that sweet, sweet maple money

>Implying they would get their hands dirty instead of having their Hired thug Sheriff Keller kill Jason and Lead the investigation nowhere on purpose.
And they would have gotten away with it too.

The sheriff is merely the fall guy. Next season the Scoobies will need to enlist Sabrina to draw out the true villains and also give Jughead an endless supply of burgers.

Are you implying what I think you're implying?

A supernatural killer.

The Archie Gang will have to unite with none other than John Constantine to track down this magical menace.

its super adorable
he's like
>guys, can I help?
and everyone's like
>we're ok buddy, just stay there looking pretty

I'm pretty sure someone or other has said Sabrina is showing up in the season finale

Reminder that Archie and Juggy deserve to be together and bitches are trash.

>Netflix publishes Archie and has streaming rights
>Netflix publishes Marvel TV shows and has streaming rights.

Punisher\Archie crossover when?

>Sabrina shows up for one episode
>Everyone loves it and wants a sabrina revival on the CW
>CW can't get the rights to sabrina
>Can't Bring Matt Ryan(The actor who plays sabrina) back for some reason
>Every time Archie faces a supernatural enemy everyone wonders if they'll bring sabrina back.
>Instead they bring back vixen as the magic expert
>No-one fucking likes it
>Use Vixen again in legends of archie spinofff show.
>Recast The actress
>Character still doesn't really gain traction
>Bloody 'ell CW

I think they've already confirmed a Sabrina spin-off too

should mellisa joan hart play hilda or zelda?

also salem should stay exactly the same

Can we agree that Val is best girl?

Outside of the balls off the walls type shit like Archie v Predator, what the fuck even happens in normal, boring, no supernatural elements Archie? Is it just a slice of life about a kid from the 50s going to school?

If we're strictly going by looks Sheryll's the best. Those lips.

Val looks goofy. I don't know if the actress just has a goofy face or her hair\makeup makes her look goofy, but she's goofy.

She has gorgeous eyes though but I kind of wish that the actress who's playing Josie played Val vice versa.

seriously
what a cutie

wtf they made a show about Archie????

she looks like a black female seth meyers

It's more focused on the group of Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead than just Archie.

It's an Archie and Pals show using some of Afterlife's grimdark and turned it into a nostalgia-mystery show.

I'm just glad they didn't turn Juggy gay.