Is it still popular?

Is it still popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tKYk0eFbtVg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In the not too distant future

Not really. But that’s a good thing. If it was popular it wouldn’t be good.

Nearly all of the humor in the original episodes has aged like shit. Nobody under 40 will understand half of the political jokes in this show.

political? most of it is pop culture and can still be enjoyable even if you don't get all the jokes. I grew up watching it as a kid.

t. 30 year old

The new season kind of killed off any excitement people had for the series.

I still watch it. I even thought the Netflix version was good.
It's just a formula that works.

It's popular with me and that's good enough.

I assume you have the life experience of a rock.

>watching some numale meme version
>not watching Kinö Rifftrax

>tried showing it to an ex of mine
>she kept complaining because she found it impossible to follow the film and the commentary at the same time
>had to turn it off after 20 minutes

Nothing political, asshole.
For fucks sake, can any one have fun without having to declare self political ideology?

OP: not sure if popular,but there is a limited amount on Netflix. If you are into torrents,just grab a random episode and that will recreate what it was like in the past. Also, good luck making it an episode without using your phone or goofing around on the internet,this movies suck.

torrent? you can watch like all the originals on youtube

>political jokes
I don't remember one political joke.
t.a fella that watched since early 90's and is almost 40.

>Netflix version was good.
Yes!

Riftrax(sp?) Is great. The only way the star wars prequals are any good.
pssst...get the riftrax that have at least 2 people on it,I don't care if one person is your favorite,not as fun if just the one dude.

Film Crew is ultra patrician kino
only those "in the know" know

old mst3ks are still fine but yeah I've moved on to Rifftrax they are always good
if you want episodes just go to club mst3k they have link to all of the usually and theres a few youtube channels that have all the episodes

Oh,well then thank you.
Thank you right to hell,my friend!
Used to drive a truck,would torrent a season as I slept,what ever episode was done was the one I would watch.
Sometimes listened as I drove,comp in the bunk, played through nthe speakers.
Was like an odd podcast.

Mike's solo riffs are great though Roadhouse is a favorite. I understand why its not everyone thing though but I would try one and see if you like it.
Rifftrax is a nice spiritual successor and it allows them to use a lot of movie they would never had been able to. Like the Live riffs and stuff

is there some place where the movies and rifftrax are already combined
only asking hypothetically

torrent sites

I had to torrent.
Star wars prequals are combined.
If you can pay(I didn't have a credit card) it is worth it.

38 here. Watched the later seasons (and the movie) when they were new, and I got easily 90% of the references (and probably 100% of the political stuff). Most of the refs I didn't or don't get are ones that aren't so much dated as they are just obscure local Minnesota/Wisconsin culture in-jokes to begin with.

I always thought that was cool, though, because it meant they stayed close to their roots and kept that regional character even after going national. But then I'm the kind of American who thoroughly enjoyed The Red Green Show even though I didn't always get the more obscure Canadian refs.

This. There really wasn't that much political humor.

There was some. They did make occasional Reagan jokes in the early seasons. And of course there was the time that they did that movie staring Bob Dornan. But they didn't tend to dwell on it.

On Netflix they do Merlin's magic shop. I'm sure I got the name wrong.
Imdb that movie,half was made in 95'ish and the other half in early 80 late 70. The higher quality, production wise,is the older one.
Just bizarre as hell episode.
I think it was one of the last they made.

>and the movie
Damn thing played in theaters.
I missed it,as I was dependant upon my parents.

Netflix renewed it (Though not a large fan of the new season)
They did Turkey Day 2017 on twitch this year and still are restreaming it twitch dot tv /shoutfactorytv
Rifftrax has a 24/7 channel too twitch dot tv /rifftrax
If you like the older years there's Cinematic Titanic for Joel and some other cast post MST3K project and there's The Film Crew for Mike & co pre Rifftrax

Amazon Prime has some Rifftrax

You don't necessarily need torrents. The vast majority of episodes that are not on Netflix are on YT (either officially or unofficially).

I didn't see it in the theater, but I did see it on VHS fairly soon after it came out on video.

We didn't have cable until right around then, so I hadn't gotten into the series while it was on CC. The movie was actually the first thing of it that I saw, and I didn't even pick it out at the video rental place (I think my mother did, actually, as something she thought I might like).

>not a large fan of the new season
Yeah, no Mike and no Kevin = no sale.

There is also a selection of old episodes on Netflix, too, though.

there may be some forum, about pirates that talks about rifftrax I don't know

That episode is a great one it was part of the last season not sure if its the very last episode. This episode is one of my favorites youtube.com/watch?v=tKYk0eFbtVg the main actress who is the Director of the movie as well got so mad at this episode that she didn't renew the rights so they can't sell it anymore

I mean it has an Estevez in it, just like Werewolf!

RLM for hipsters

>Merlin's magic shop
>I think it was one of the last they made.
>not sure if its the very last episode
It was the last to air, due to a hold-up over rights.

The finale (ep. 1013: Danger Diabolik) was the last one produced, but ep. 1003: Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders didn't air until over a month after the series had officially ended.

Maybe the new series.

There probably wouldn't BE a RLM if it weren't for the classic series.

>tfw watched Danger Diabolik unironically outside of MST3K

My favorite line.
"..no such thing as death with dignity if there is an estevez in the room"

Thanks for the link!

RLM?
YouTube thing?

Rifftrax are consistently lazy and too self referential. Mike and Co shit them our way too fast instead of doing any much needed fine tuning. Cinematic Titanic has very little content but is the vastly superior product.

>watched Danger Diabolik unironically outside of MST3K

You used to not have cable when you where a kid.
I was an antenna kid,when dad hogged the tv,me and my brother an sister played hot potato with a mouse trap. If it doesn't snap shut on your fingers,you win.... until next time you catch it and it does.
Kinda 60fps he vr video game 80's style.
The graphics where very realistic,but every level was the same.

are you high