All these post modernist nihilistic cartoons about how nothing matters and how morality is relative, fuck family...

>all these post modernist nihilistic cartoons about how nothing matters and how morality is relative, fuck family, fuck society, hail hedonism

So, unironically, are there any cartoons that promote selflessness, being a real hero, facing your problems and demons head on, and generally sorting yourself out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EN2lyN7rM4E
youtu.be/Us979jCjHu8
youtu.be/bV16NEWld8Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what
there are more cartoons about people fighting bad guys than whatever you described

>>all these post modernist nihilistic cartoons about how nothing matters and how morality is relative, fuck family, fuck society, hail hedonism
Such as?

Jordan Peterson becoming a meme bums me the fuck out.

I'm pretty sure you should watch all of Samurai Jack season 5 before judging it, OP. Chill out.

Jordan Peterson is a Stephan Molyneux level meme, but at least he has a real degree.

Samurai Jack. Latest season is about how he has to sort himself out and literally save his father from the underworld.

The vast majority of superhero cartoons.

I like Jordan Peterson because he sounds like Kermit the frog

And when he says cartoons i think he means internet memes

>tfw his videos have legitimately helped you make your life better and have lots of invaluable philosophical and practical advice
>but it all gets ignored so he can be some meme for sjws and poltards

Teen titans go and other copycat cartoons fit the bill.
Rick and morty and bojack horseman are pretty nihilistic, most of adult swim's lineup gits the bill.

Pic related Is a good traditional moral values show

It's so weird. If you watch or listen to him speak at any length on politics or philosophy, you have to appreciate the sophistication of his thoughts and arguments, regardless of personal leanings. But because he's famous over some retarded college pronoun shit, he only ever winds up being interviewed on right-wing talk radio or whatever.

Basically every cartoon about good guys fighting bad guys is what you seem to think doesn't exist. Star VS, SU, every capeshit show. Saving the world and overcoming challenges, that kind of shit.

Rick and Morty doesn't even play the nihilism entirely straight, Rick is shown to be full of shit multiple times.

>Pic related Is a good traditional moral values show

I bet you're one of those people who thought that Stephen Colbert was actually a conservative.

Bojack Horseman is more of an horror tale about the damage nihilism and materialism cause, though.

Bojack desperately wishes he had a little happy family in a modest house away from who he is and what he's done.

>Teen titans go

Nigga, what? The show being a group of kid super heroes that are actually all moronic assholes is the joke, not an endorsement for that behavior.

You're like a Concerned Parent clutching pearls over Beavis and Butthead in the 90s.

>TTG
>Bojack
Both of those shows show how acting that way is actually terrible, TTG especially is just supposed to be a fucking joke.

It's called Steven fucking Universe you cuck

Somehow steven universe

The fuck does it mean when he's the best role model for kids today?
>>No 90s Cape Heroes
>>No Captain Planet
>>No Hey Arnold

Hmm, I can name a lot more but the cartoons I grew up on really tried to have a moral, fuck even the Simpsons from my time had good morals

I suddenly feel so very sad for kids today

>The fuck does it mean when he's the best role model for kids today?
That he's a decently written character grounded in fucking down to earth values based on human connection SHIT why does everyone insist on internet politicizing that fucking program

Keeping it Sup Forums related.

I just watched Jordan B. Peterson do a psychological scene by scene analysis of Disney's Pinocchio.

This guy is really smart.
youtu.be/EN2lyN7rM4E
youtu.be/Us979jCjHu8
youtu.be/bV16NEWld8Q

Fan ignore the positive messages on Steven Universe to focus exclusively on the LGBT themes.

Steven Universe is pretty nihilistic, in an optimistic way. It's about rejecting the idea of life having purpose, and instead just being a good person and being good to other people and loving yourself.

Just watch wander over yonder op, trust me, it's what you are looking for.

Steven Universe. Or dother you mean "adult cartoons"? In that case no. Adults don't watch to watch cartoons to positively grow.

Justice League Action.

But the point of bojack is that nihilism is inescapable. Bojack imagines he can run away from the seemingly meaningless existence, but there is no escape when it's everywhere. The point of bojack is to find a way to carry on despite the absurdity of our meaningless existence.

What's his best philosophical talk in your opinion? I haven't heard about him before and I'm interested.

Well I think it's about growing on a personal level with out telling you exactly what that should look like. Everyone's different.
I like how they did the bits with Andy DeMayo. They really portrayed the only overt conservative in an honest light.

>Captain Planet
I don't think today's kids need your sympathy user...

Stop forgetting your purpose

>morality is relative
It kinda is.

Really? I don't really remember anything like that in the show. I mean, Pearl went through an entire character arc only for her to regress and drool over some girl that looks like Rose.
That's not very good.

Peterson is such a interesting guy, it's a damn shame collegiates are trying their damnest to brand him as some sort of bigot because he doesn't conform to their group-think.

not OP, but for crissakes even if the point of those shows is "behaving in this manner has consquences" you're still having to absorb the bad behavior in order to arrive at that point. and after seeing it everywhere for a while it can get depressing.

idk if anyone here ever read any of the Redwall books, but their narratives were pretty evenly apportioned between the heroes' actions and the villains' actions - so there were a lot of scenes of Cluny or Tsarmina or Badrang casually murdering their subordinates / hatching evil plans / tormenting captives etc. As a kid, I kind of perversely loved this, because most of the media available to me didn't include descriptions of hanging someone upside down above the gate and using them for archery practice.

but if you look at something like Lord of the Rings (the books, not the movies), Tolkien doesn't spend any time from the villain's point of view. There are no scenes of Saruman watching orcs squooge their way out of slime spawning pits. There are no scenes of gollum getting tortured or the nazgul giving orders to the captain outside of Minas Tirith. Oddly enough, this doesn't detract from the reader's sense of how evil and menacing the villains are.

when Adventure Time was new, it was refreshing in this regard. just Finn and Jake doing their best to have adventures and be honorable about it. Gravity Falls is similar, as is King of the Hill (whether the presentation is sarcastic or not, Hank is always trying to be a good person).

The other extreme are shows like Rick and Morty, anything by MacFarlane, South Park, Bojack, Archer, Golan the Insatiable, etc. The people do terrible things for terrible reasons and don't care too much about it.

(then there are shows like The Simpsons or Venture Bros that sort of split the difference between the extremes - and then there's off-the-wall stuff like Aeon Flux)

also this

No, I didn't...

>morality is relative
It is though. Morality and reality.

>cartoons that promote selflessness, being a real hero, facing your problems and demons head on, and generally sorting yourself out?
Even if there were, nobody could measure up to that.

>admitting to being underaged