youtu.be/S5aDH2ZBxQc
youtube.com/watch?v=k9vicXx5BkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That was hot

/theatre/ when?

I love these threads

Her style is really improving
youtube.com/watch?v=85MemfEHtOI

>musical JD was the kind of guy I wanted to be in high school.
>movie JD was the kind of guy I really was in high school.

Minus the murder shit

That would be beautiful

Any other new Heathers animatics around? Haven't seen any good ones since MissyAsylum's one for Freeze Your Brain.

Basically. Musical JD fits better with the surreal, idealised themes of the show. The loners are all sarcastic, nihilistic, with a wicked sense of humor. The bitches are all rich and popular and successful and intimidating. It's what parents think their kids are getting into, humerously contrasted against the very real issues that kids faced in the day (insecurity, home troubles, loneliness, peer pressure, etc.).

good lord, this board has become so damn corny in the past 7 years.

I could totally get into this But the description says "I'd prefer to be called "they/them" and that triggers my autism.

they're fourteen id say cut them some slack for silly shit

This picture man. Dead girl walking is a treasure.

That one's definitely the funniest version of that song especially for the ending but I prefer this animatic because it doesn't puss out when showing them getting down to business. youtube.com/watch?v=JEbBEsfrkBA

I want to step on them. I want to hurt them a bit and then force them to suck my dick.

Fair enough. It's sad to say if I was 14 in current year I'd probably say I'm a demi-whatever the fuck because I was a piece of shit.

Aren't they like 14? That's messed up.

hi JD

Sup

They're seventeen, they mention it in a duet later.

Don't encourage her.

Oh. Ok.

Eh they/them doesn't bother me too much. a few other languages have a neutral-gendered option, so why not us? At least it's not one of the bullshit made-up ones like xe/xir or something equally stilted.

her style is A+

If only it didn't have that shitty 12 - 17 year old trendy tumblr art style. Sad.

I can't lie. My art style's basically like that too and I've been drawing that way since high school. And now everyone's sick of it and I'm kinda fucked.

>not liking tumblr artstyle
>in tumblr.musical
Heathers is beautiful tumblrcore, let them have this one.

this is awful dont you know this is a capeshit board

Too bad they lost all steam

Here's a lesser known Freeze Your Brain Animatic that gets pretty damn creative, visually.

youtube.com/watch?v=Eyder5QhWl4

This is fun shit though. Got me singing as well. Candy Store and Dead Girl Walking is my jam. Don't be discouraged by the usual tumblr autism, enjoy it as you please. I want lewds of the characters in Galactibun's art style.

Huh, I'm into it.

Someone better put those uppity sluts in their place

youtu.be/85MemfEHtOI
New GalactiBun animatic. Although I think she changed her name.

tfw you want to make animatics of musicals too but youre a lazy piece of garbage with no motivation

>please use they/them when referring to me

youtube.com/watch?v=JcWihWPVu5o

Posting best Veronica.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Z6U9WaZXkY

how can she put the red scrunchie in her hair if its short

I, uh...

Shut up.

McNamara a best

Shit taste, Duke is clearly superior

Chandler all day, ev'ryday.

youtube.com/watch?v=0dJ8imS2yF0

Senior year in high school, seventeen, they literally dry hump on the stage.

If you're going to animate a song about fucking, at least show some implications instead of an ugly emoji face going "you're bad for watching this ;D". there are ways to do it without being explicit, and even while being funny about it. This is called "an artistic challenge."

I like it a lot, especially for a musical animatic. Heathers has actually had a lot of good artists make animatics for it lately but that makes me wonder what caused this sudden upswing in popularity.

Her "Meant To Be Yours" is great as well. 1 of the two best ones easily.

This may or may not be true, but I heard a rumor that J.D. was going to be replaced by a lesbian in the Broadway version. You know how tumblr loves that kind of nonsense. Either way, it just makes it worse since the original left a bad taste after a certain shooting incident.

You guys or girls should start a musicals booru for this stuff

I don't want to trawl through Tumblr or something

You're half right user; I know for a fact that a lesbo web vlog series went online (non-musical) that covered teh whole story as modern day webvlogs where JD is a girl.

I've just noticed a lot more hubub between here, youtube and the chanchats I been looking at. Tumblr's been cranking out shit too.

Red pill me on musicals

What are the good, the bad, and the ugly?

>Red pill
No.

Depends on why you're watching. Story varies but a musical don't become famous if it sounds like shit.

Don Quixote and Wicked are two of the better ones. Les Miserables is a bit up itself and can be annoying. I like Heathers because, like the movie, solid characters and solid sounds. American Psycho is also p.gud

Hamiliton is preachy as fuck and liberal biased but does have good music apparently. Also, if I remember right, the entire cast has to be all minorities? Anyway, check it out if you want but I'm predicting its a fad.

"Please refer to me as them/th--

I can't do it Sup Forums why the fuck are all creative things in this world made by postmodern SJWs. I want to go to another planet and get away from this political shit! Fuck

>Red Pill

If you would stop using Sup Forums and Sup Forums I would happily ask you, but since you did no.

Hamilton is solid standing on its own, it just provides a lot of opportunities for fuckers to just sort of beat people over the head with ideologies - the musical itself doesn't do a tremendous amount of it though

What I find hilarious about Hamilton is that they used Afro-American people to play Caucasian characters, in a period where black slaves were the in thing. It's pretty easy to find some blogs having meltdowns on what to color the character out of fear they might get lynched.

Either way I love, Helpless, Satisfied, Say no to This and Burn. Good stuff.

Trends change. Maybe sharpen your anatomy work and life drawing so you can parody the human shape better. I know that sounds like stereotypical advice but every artist I've talked to who's DONE it has said they're super glad they did, it makes them way more versatile.

Puts it around her wrist like a boss.

Hamilton is just so cringe to me on the fact that its hip hop based

I listened to the track, it is more for the novelty than being a musical

I'm 100% behind anyone who says it got popular for the message

You'd think they WOULDN'T want a story where the lesbian romance is destructive and ultimately results in the girl being fooled and a building blowing up. Like come on JD's name is fucking Jason Dean.

James Dean. Like

idk isn't that a thing? If a gay relationship is problematic it hurts the cause or whatever?

lol couple of autists

Wow that breaks a HUGE theater tradition if that's true, in theater you literally do not give a fuck about what color a character is portrayed as usually. Like it's all about who has the right pipes.

Also the funny thing about Hamilton is how pro immigrant it is when Hamilton himself MADE a lot of our immigrant vetting rules, was a literal imperial expansionist who wanted to conquer the Caribbean, and well...there's a REASON our oldest conservative group's called the Federalist society and uses his face.

Like I dig the musical for bringing his life story into focus, every founder's story is worth telling, but it certainly plays loose with the man's story when it wants to. Watch the excellent John Adams mini series that was on HBO a while back for the other side of our boy Hamilton.

Tumblr wouldn't care. As long as it's gay, they are going to defend it. Probably going to blame it on someone else, like the Heathers for forcing her into it.

If I remember correctly, the original movie lost quite the traction when the Columbine Shooting happened, shooters had the same schtick as J.D. Now all we need is some psycho lesbo to go full postal.

the Reddit approved meme is
>Explain To Me Like I'm 5

Yeah which is funny because they made the movie to make fun of parents's fears of this happening.

and then it did lol.

what a fucking world we live in.

It reminds me of that continuation series one user posted which looked great until he went "oh I have Veronica and Heather MacNamara hook up because tumblr likes that." and has /musical/ JD become a ghost monster.

Man that episode where Veronica has to talk the freshmen out of doing a mass suicide because they think that's just what you do at Westerburg sounded hilarious though.

>What are the good, the bad, and the ugly?
Well its a 1966 Spaghetti Western directed by Sergio Leone, starring Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, and Eli Wallach. It's arguably one of the best Westers ever made, and my personal favorite. The Gunplay is superb.
Its pretty long, clocking in at just over 3 hours, but it's very worth it. The story is about 2 men, Blondie and Tuco, the Good and the Ugly, seeking buried Confederate gold. When Angel eyes, the Bad, finds out about it, he will do anything to get the gold for himself.

This is one of my favorite fan drawings. Ironically enough, I think the artist for this one is now a Disney storyboarder.

Are we gonna hatewank over the TV Land series that's right around the corner?
>Chandler is chubby
>McNamara is a black lesbian
>Duke is non-binary, born male
It ain't just a pilot either. The've already ordered the whole shebang.

you can't be serious.

Git güd. You can do it.

the movie designs really are the best

>hatewank
I'm just gonna ignore it and say it doesn't count

The people who made that show are attention whores

Just hearing about it and checking out what the hubbub is all about and then falling in love with the movie and show, which both have strong characters, visuals, and emotional points. That's what happened to me and now I have a red scrunchie in my hair.

>pic related
They're going to need some miraculous writing to pull this thing off. Last time I checked even tumblr wrote it off as pandering, though the tides might have changed with this sudden spike in popularity.

Sure slander Jefferson in it like a motherfucking, acting like the fact that he was racist immediately made everything he did wrong.

That is what has happened to me and my various chanfriends, yes. It doesn't help that my predilicition towards violent/deranged/yandere characters makes me love JD. Oh, and the ghosts as the greek chorus? Unf. Love Yo Girl.

It gets better and better when you realise they use the same shitty Nitzche style arguments, dress the same, also love guns, also use bombs, also plan to kill people.

Like, the comparisons between JD and Columbine are uncanny. But it was unpopular for a lot of reasons; flew in under the radar, didn't raise a big hullabaloo at first and only started to pick up in video tapes. It was extremely biting and cruel with its humour, especially the original ending where JD succeeds and kills the kids in teh school and everyone is friendly in heaven, like he said they'd be

It's fascinating really how prescient it was because everything it harps on becomes bigger issues in the 90s, climaxing in Columbine makking people panic and think something's corrupting the youth.

That's the joke. They were literally going to have a song where the characters defend slavery in a rap duel.

even tumblr thinks it's pandering so there's not even the rage vote.

I think showing how the sjw set can turn around and bully kids could make a good comedy, I dunno if this is gonna be it. I'll give one episode a watch for their sheer moxy.

Asian Duke is objectively best Duke.

I'm amazed they didn't imply they cheated on his wife but apparently they had that much historical integrity.

I'm fine with Jefferson being a villain because he WAS a villain from Hamilton's perspective, and that is the only way to do the founders their relationships were so complex. In an Adams based story Hamilton'd be the heavy, so I figure fair's fair.

Plus Jefferson calls Hamilton on abandoning Lafayette, even if it was the only possible option.

One of these days I'll kill myself

uh

you heard me

Not if I get to you first.

but we haven't had a pizza party yet

Same. The whole point of Heathers was to have a very stereotypical aesthetic highschool and then rip it to fucking pieces; the three Queen Bees are a rape victim who pressures others, another rape victim and a bulimia sufferer. Veronica is only unpopular for extremely flimsy arbitrary reasons that are immediately rescinded while Martha Dumptruck is shown to be extremely unrealistic in what she wants.

Never mind JD. Delinquent nutjob played as an actual deliqunent nutjob.

Seriously, who's going to buy a fucking fatty, a lesbian black person and a transgender as the queen bees? Wouldn't the transgender alone get fucking shredded by the other boys? God, the bullying alone one of those kids would get is insane like.

Alright, I'm erect.

Yes but the story doesn't really focus on the subtletites, it just brands Jefferson as a cunt.

Is it wrong to think 'Heath' is kind of attractive?

Like at least JD had a damn good reason to hate everyone.

fuck i like that original ending better.

>wheredoyouthinkweare.png

>Red pill me on musicals
You keep using terms but don't know what they mean.

You're thinking of Spring Awakening.

The characters or the animator? J.D. and Veronica are 17 idk about the animator's age, but there's no age limit on being a pervert.

Don't fall off that lifeboat, user. youtu.be/S5aDH2ZBxQc

It's also important to get that Jefferson creamed his pants over the free roaming, independent, agriculture-based, government lite lifestyle. He is the closest America has to an ur-Republican.

or a proto-confederate. or rather what the rebs wanted to pretend to be, i guess, since their noble farming fifedoms were propped up by northern industry and literal slave labor they kept making worse and worse to protect it.

I think that's why I like musical JD better, he worked in the movie at the time but we're saturated in Men Are Poison characters now so him actually giving a fuck about Veronica and just being too far gone is a great wrinkle.

youtube.com/watch?v=k9vicXx5BkY

I want a revolutionary American call me out while telling me I have to take care of her cute as hell sister.

> "pulling on my dick" is going to be literal