How do you reboot this for a 2017 audience?

How do you reboot this for a 2017 audience?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt5033998/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Make them men, Zack Efron, Kevin Hart and Adrien Brody with Wendy Williams as Charlie

lots of panties

you fuck it up like they do it with everything else

Black

Also Charlie is now a woman voiced by Cate Blanchett

obviously make them men

Make it super violent and rated R.

3 dudes, two straight, one gay. Chris Hemsworth, The Rock, and someone else . My pick for Charlie would be Tilda Swinton.

Three strong independent women, Charlie is female, Bosley is female, the villains are all white male

>Once upon a time, there were three little girls

How did they get away with it?

Make them all Muslim, give them burkas, etc...

Gender swap and make it a straight up comedy.

It would be too nondescript if set now, reboot it as taking place in the 80s with that really distinct mid-80s glamour, you know bright colors, big hair, shoulder pads, give it the Atomic Blonde treatment

Set it in the future

but then it's just a bladerunner rip with three females, hmmmm, can it star those three hooker looking chicks I've seen in stills talking to the autistic driver?

What does it have to be a Blade Runner aesthetic? The future can look like whatever you want it to.

They tried to reboot it for tv already with Minka Kelly and it flopped, hard. There is not a chance in hell it gets another shot for a while. Maybe if they went streaming and took it in a totally other direction. Sort of a campy spin like the films but on a tv budget.

>There is not a chance in hell it gets another shot for a while

imdb.com/title/tt5033998/

hmmm

so maybe an retro-80s future you mean? what kind of future are you envisioning here or does your vision extend no deeper than "in the future!"

now we're talking! what is this from?

A pretty boring future. Not too different from today. I mean how different is today from 20 years ago? I just find the idea of a show or film setting themselves 20 years in the future but it's still pretty similar to today to be funny.

that retro 80s shit is garbage. turbo kid! future man! it's like fucking steampunk. ha ha the 80s were so dorky amirite?
rollerblades! lazers! synth music plays. IT STINKS!

This
It should be set in the 70s

Have her play one of the angels

Traps

oh, so do the "tiny cell phone" bit from SNL then?

I wouldn't, because it would bomb no matter what.

If you tried to make it all modern and shit, it would turn baby boomers off from it. That's a large demographic that simply wouldn't turn up.

Generation X would be interested. It's a show they most likely grew up with and they are still into movie remakes with a modern flair. But they are such a small generation that again, it wouldn't pull in the numbers I would like.

Now enter the Millennials. It's the largest demographic, but does Charlie's Angels really resonate with them. The reason capeshit keeps getting made is because it's this group consuming it since they grew up watching Saturday morning cartoons, not 70s shit.

So two of the three generations will not be interested, Generation X would but it's way too small to make money. So if I was forced, I would make it really dark and gritty with lots of tits.

>turbo kid!
this was fun though unlike other 80s shit

I guess. Haven't seen it.

I don't know. It's clearly false advertising.

Miran, Chanel Santini, and Gia Itzel

the 70s aesthetic is ugly as sin unless you are watching something actually from the 70s, and even then it's offputting, and anything retro-70s is an abomination

R rated filthy violent comedy
kind of a 21 jump street meets john wick thing but with a kinda camp fun kingsman aesthetic

Starsky and Hutch looked fine

can all three angels be nymphomaniacs and this be an HBO show with lots of sex scenes?

hmmm, yes, that one got it right, maybe... can it be set in that same S and H universe?

Cleopatra 2525, made by the same guys who did Xena and Heracles

Literally nothing prevents it from being the "same universe" because it's just a regular world. In which case it also makes no sense to "set in the same universe" unless you're having a crossover.

Goddamnit what has capeshit done with people...

Im a millennial and i grew up with the McG remake movies so it would resonate with me.

STARSKY AND HUTCH CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

YES, Bay City is about to get rocked by three sexy undercover detectives, and their competition (S and H, Kojak, Columbo, etc) won't know what hit them!

can bj and the bear also be included? because i like ian mcshane for the sheriff lobo role

but of course, this allows cameos from all the old 70s/80s crimefighters, shit and like the current capeshit would allow you to reboot them and add them to the mix too. We've already got S and H, throw in Charlies Angels to add some sexual tension, we'll need to reboot Columbo too I think... who could play him though, Peter Falk's shoes are pretty hard to fill

PREPARE TO PISS YOURSELF
FROM THE CREATORS OF STARSKY AND HUTCH, CHARLIE'S ANGELS AND COLUMBO...

MIAMI VICE

COCAINE ANDRENALINE EXPANSION OF THE STARSKY AND HUTCH CINEMATIC UNIVERSE, OUR HEROES GOT OLD, BUT NEW ONES NEED TO SAVE THE WORLD

When a drug-fueled crime wave sweeps over Bay City... and a beautiful heiress goes missing... and an art museum gets robbed... who are they going to call?

>but not me
Every single time. I didn't say every single person, I'm talking about the group as a whole. You and a few other people aren't going to justify making a movie and aren't going to represent an entire generation.

>we'll need to reboot Columbo too I think... who could play him though, Peter Falk's shoes are pretty hard to fill

It would be Mark Ruffalo of course

>Quiplumbo

so who's our bald lollipop sucking homely greek guy? I don't know if Hollywood even has a Telly Savalas type anymore.

tony shaloub

Good call

Boogie Nights shit on your opinion.

thanks for killing the thread dirtbag

>imdb.com/title/tt5033998/

a link to a 2019 film in rewrites is an example of the show getting a reboot chance on tv? Yeah, no. It's not coming back to TV after the last tv flop. The movies at least did ok and the theme of hot chicks fighting crime is easy to work around.

Thick black women

But ony the right one's figure is hidden.