I decided I would start spending all of my free time producing cartoons, and this is the first installment:

I decided I would start spending all of my free time producing cartoons, and this is the first installment:

youtu.be/C_uvthNoJ5w

Any feedback? Questions? I'm already working on the next one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=waWyIwdmWmA
youtube.com/watch?v=zbKc2rgjWCw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like it.
Reminds me of Liquid Television.

thanks

Not my cup of tea, you'd be better off making alt comix i think.

That would be a LOT less work.

Seems like it needs to keep going. I dig it.

thnx, slime blob bless you.

Ugly and disgusting. I like it.
More?

more will come, working on an animatic for ep2 now.

It makes me want to vomit, but I guess that was the goal.

Pretty fucking cool. Kind of like Mike Diana crossed with that 90-odd year old cartoonist Fantagraphics have been publishing, Bernard something?--I mean, art-wise. I like it, it's fucked up and artistically interesting (i.e you're not trying for "technical perfection").

Are you into fucked-up semi-obscure alternative, underground or art comics or did you just arrive at the art style without being familiar with any of that type of stuff?
Would watch again/10 (props for B & W, too)

Which part got to you? fingering the dead bird's wound? Shitting on the sidewalk? Or the poor lip syncing?

meh
pretty generic but kid me would've loved it

hey thanks, I'm not super well versed in the obscure, I think we arrived here by just agreeing we wanted to make something crude like DumbLand but have some better drawings to carry the aesthetic. Ultimately this is our first attempt working on anything like this so we are both learning as we go. The amount of work that is required just to produce this 1min episode is incredible, but we are happy with the result which is enough motivation to keep it going.

well kid you sounds like a great target audience.

I personally enjoyed the title card and ending cards the most.

Some neat design work right there.

I like it! Keep it up.

Quite stiff but good.

I'll see you on adult swim in a couple of years

That comparison to Liquid Television was apt, really seems like a throwback to experimental 90s cartoons, especially with the drawn style and music. Also reminded me a bit of 12 oz mouse.
youtube.com/watch?v=waWyIwdmWmA
youtube.com/watch?v=zbKc2rgjWCw
It was revolting. Make more.

My fav part of the whole project was making that song!

Ha, that would be incredible. Where do we submit our demo?

Working on it! 12oz mouse was great! Haven't heard that comparison yet.

You mean the animation is stiff?

Yes, I'm no expert but I'd say it's because of few inbetweeners?

I love to see experimental shit like this, hope you continue to make more.

I want you to know that I appreciate anyone who preforms their craft even if I don't like it. If your gonna stay black and white try and play up the use of sharing and white space. I gotta tell ya to lay off the edge though.

Maybe it's just the black and white and the music but it really reminds me of Brian Chippendale's stuff.
Definitely going to sub this though.

Yeah like I was fine with him fucking around with the dead bird, then he ate it. Then he shit everywhere. I like the idea of him fucking with dead shit though, just in the least edgy way possible. Your vision though.

Loved it! Got a blog to follow your art?

7/10

Needs less poo poo I'm not a fan of puking, piss or shit humor.

I feel like I just watched a pitch for a new Adult Swim show