Moana 2.0

>Moana 2.0

When will they learn?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_films
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why can't pixar and disney focus on their own cultures rather than foreign culture so much?

>moana
>not a shameless book of life ripoff

Coco dresses up like a Disney Princess then?

Um... Almost every single major Disney movie since Snow-Fucking-White has been a non-American story. Are you brain damaged?

They're already done a lot of Western culture.

The plot sounds like less of a BoL ripoff and more of a Ratatouille retread.

>cute shota going on adventures with a spooky skeleton
I like spooky skeletons.

Because for literally a hundred years, people have been fascinated by cultures that aren't their own.

Yes, they SHOULD do more Pocahontas and Cars.

they need some Arby's

>Why can't pixar and disney focus on their own cultures
Because America is boring as fuck.

But Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs got two movies and is getting a cartoon!

Wreck it Ralph's getting a sequel, and that's about as "American Culture" as you can get.

>BoL gets pitched to Disney and Pixar
>gets rejected because "american's don't care for hispanic culture"
>it does well
>Disney and Pixar start scrapping around to make their own BoL

Really makes my penis ejaculate

is it real Jorge Gutierrez offered BoL to Disney?

What the fuck does this even mean? This has to be goddamn bait.

It didn't do well though. It bombed at the box office iirc.

Most American-born stories are way too short to fill an entire movie-length production.

Only on Sup Forums would a post like this trigger so many people.

It might not have done well but for some, the art and colors had a lasting impression on them and got the movie and creators some, if not a lot of attention

afer Rock Dog fiasco I wonder how they will handle that Hanna Barbera reboot.

That's not what happened. They were being produced simultaneously but Disney pushed theirs back because they didn't want to release at the same time. WB did the same thing with their Jungle Book movie.

Two movies being made about the same thing at the same time is a surprisingly common occurrence, see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_films

>All these triggered Sup Forumsmblr faggots mad someone wants to focus on their race and country rather than continue to demonize and destroy it.

>demonize and destroy it
Name one time Disney or Pixar did that.

WHY ISN'T ANYONE TALKING ABOUT THE SKELETON ATTACKING THAT DOG!?

Cause Jewish culture isn't really mainstream
I mean you can't project the idea of being cool and hip and gay while also telling people about the 200 different boring traditions you have to practice like no cheese on meat or no electronics on Saturday

demonize and destroy what? i dont follow.

I am missing something? It seems like everyone else but me knows the plot of this movie, but I only know its about Mexico and the Day of the Dead.

>America is boring as fuck
That is definitely false, unless you mean modern America and even then it's arguably untrue.

Well there's also the princess and the frog, fox and the hound, bolt. Am I forgetting any?

But Moana was good

Ever since I got sick after eating some shitty Mexican flavoured sandwich I hate everything related to Mexico. The very thought makes me nauseous

>Book of Life ripoff
As if copying your old work wasn't enoght shameless, now you start ripping off less known movie.
Fuck you mickey, can't wait for your domain to become public.

I'm looking forward to it, looks cool.

I just wish they'd try a Western again.

Even though a lot of it was Japanese culture?

Why is Pixar on such a weird pacing lately? Since 2010 they've had one stand out movie, which was Inside Out.

It seems that they can't make a "classic" these days unless it's a passion project with one guy directing/writing every single aspect who is there from beginning to end (Although Lasseter and Cars don't count). As soon as there's a small blip in production, it's done for.

all the talent was moved to the WDAS. It seems Disney cant make good movies on their own even if their lives dependent on it.

We already have Pochahontas

When you make your entire animation department irrelevant with new technologies and spend years playing catch-up, that tends to happen.

have you seen what happened when last time Disney tried to make a movie on their own?

IIRC, the original director went all grimdark on the story, so they brought in another guy and ended up making an incredible film.

Because everyone knows America has no culture.

yeah, history repeated itself.

The jews want whites to hate themselves and love foreign cultures instead as part of white genocide.

Hopefully this one is awesome, too.

i see it worked in some places.

it is awesome.

>love foreign cultures

It's the USA, all people talk about is foreign cultures. "I'm this % Irish, this % Italian, my Grandma is from the Phillipines..."

How do you know?

No, it's just spread so far that it seems as if they have nothing other countries don't do.

The overall American culture has pretty much been spread around to many other countries at this point that it does seem that way.

American culture is sports team, black music, and blue jeans.

>Pixar
>It seems that they can't make a "classic" these days
This line of reasoning is the problem, though. They came out with several classics back to back for over a decade, with Cars being the only one you could consider a dud. They were on fire, perhaps in a way that no other studio ever has been.

So now, if they release anything that's not "a classic," people think they've lost their touch.

Also, I really liked Monsters U, even if I'm the only one.

You forgot tipping and apparently not saying you're welcome after somebody says thank you.
have seen a few foreigners get angry about the not saying you're welcome thing for whatever reason

There's also the modern detective story written by Poe.

Funny
I'm not american yet i liked the american culture showed in cartoons and movies

And a fish doesn't know it's wet until it's out of water.

Enjoy living in our world faggot.

> (OP)
>Why can't pixar and disney focus on their own cultures rather than foreign culture so much?

Paul Bunyan
Pecos Bill
Davy Crockett
1920's Roaring Twenties adventures(plucky moonshiners sort of thing)
1950's coming of age story set against Cold War terror
1980's Nerd Awakening story set against the Fall of the Wall
The Hunter's Tale, current day story set in Montana about a well-off fracker's kid whose dad takes him on his first hunting trip...except the fracker and the hunter are NOT evil.

There are lots and lots and LOTS of American stories out there. You just have to put down the 'multiculturalism is awesome' crack pipe and see them.

It'll never happen, of course. :) Although I am encouraged by the success of 'Stranger Things'.

>America
>culture

Disney LIVED and made content through most of those examples. The Disney Davey Crocket show was one of my favorite when I was growing up. It showed late night on Disney Channel

At least home on the range Any other disney movies portraying american culture?

Most of Disney's American folktale stuff was early live action.

They already DID a frontiers movie. They did a "New World" movie. They did a Western (in a manner of speaking). They've done plenty of contemporary stuff. Why keep rehashing the foundation of a single culture when there are thousands of other cultures whose best and brightest years can be exploited?

Wreck-It Ralph, arguably. Bambi, Chicken Little (Blech), Lady and the Tramp, Oliver and Co., Lilo & Stitch, The Rescuers, and Dumbo.

What was that one really dark Pixar short with the cowboys? Name's on the tip of my tongue.

But they already made WALL-E

I don't recall Pixar ever making a movie based on mexican heritage. I'll give this movie a shot.

Would oliver and company, and lilo and stitch count? Since one is based on a British book and the other has more to do with Hawaiian culture than American culture.

Oliver and Co. definitely, but you have a point about Lilo.