Tron: Uprising Remembrance Thread

I haven't seen one of these in a long time, so I thought it'd be nice to have a thread remembering the Firefly of cartoons.

Badass series trailer for anyone who's never seen it:
youtube.com/watch?v=LkK35ZcEZgc

First part of episode:
youtube.com/watch?v=AaG7Io16bO0

Apparently Disney is considering rebooting the franchise with Jared Leto:
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/disney-reboot-tron-legacy-jared-leto-a7626756.html

While this probably doesn't mean anything for Uprising, it's good to know the franchise isn't dead. What would you want from Tron 3?

Come out of hiding, Sup Forumsgrams!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AaG7Io16bO0?t=1m6s
watchcartoonsonline.eu/tron-uprising-full-episodes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gonna' post some sick wallpapers. Anyone have some .webm's?

My favorite from Beck's trippy awakening.

Best girls

Don't have many .png's for some reason... Been a long time since I dived in this folder

Have another Paige.

Thread D.O.A...

Maybe next time...

I recently rewatched it, OP. I still can't get over how good it was.

Sadly, it was killed by generic dull plot and low quality CGI.

CGI scenery was mostly good, but a lot of characters were just too ugly. White Tron design sucked. Derez effects were no match for the ones used in movie. Combined with inconsistent pacing of action scenes and questionable use of slo-mo, it alone was enough to put the show on the brink of being unwatchable.

Plot was good at the moments and had some interesting twists, but most of the time it just felt like YA. Not even a good kind of YA. And "thou shall not kill", in a dark virtual world of Tron? Seriously Disney? They had a movie already, and it had no problems with showing the Grid in all of its cruel beauty. Why restrict main characters to fistfights now?

Probably the only cartoon cancellation I'm really salty about.

I liked thinking of it as Tron: Beyond. While I agree the animation was very wooden at first, it got a lot better as the series went on. And actually people were derezzed nearly every episode, what where you watching?

Never by main characters. And the fact that the bad guys never had any problem with it made it feel even more forced.

Compare and contrast Legacy, where most of the fights resulted in piles of pixels, and none of the good guys (including Tron himself) had any problems with it.

>Never by main characters

We see Tron derezz a bunch of fools in the first episode, and I know he did it a few other times too. It never bothered me that most of the cast didn't like to kill because they weren't originally security programs. That was CLU's whole plan with the repurposing, to turn good programs into killers. That's what they were fighting against.

I have a feeling that S2 would have gotten a lot more violent, which may be why Disney wasn't excited about it.

The best fucking job but why the hell where the ELITE GUARD standard troops , and why did they jobb to everyone?

*best fucking show

Is what I meant

I thought it was because they looked REALLY COOL in silhouette or something

DYSON!!!

The fights in this show got really badass.

Probably , also cheaper to animate since they don't show their faces unlike sentrys.

But making them so weak shits all over pre established canon, where they are deadly not to mention it makes clu's biggest enforcers look like stormtroopers since they are so easy to beat

I want to get off Pee Wee Pavel's Wild Ride...

>Apparently Disney is considering rebooting the franchise with Jared Leto
Good news, finally. Nothing is confirmed, but "considered" is so much better than "cancelled".

>What would you want from Tron 3?
Tron Legacy with a better plot. Other than that? Keep Daft Punk in charge of soundtrack, and don't redesign anything unless necessary. Badass soundtrack and neon-lit Grid sold me on the movie when I first saw the trailer.

Do you have one of this scene?

nope

>Backflip

That is not the right move for this situation, Beck.

Same, I fucking love the modern Grid design. It's a perfect mix of 80's and modern sleekness, and I don't want them to mess with it.

Ah well, worth a shot. Thanks for dumping what you have.

Have a favorite shot?

>reboot
No, it's pointless to do one.
>Tron 3
Come on, Legacy set everything up, so they should just go for it.
You got Dillinger Jr., MCP 2.0, and the sea of redlined ENCOM servers. Plus RAM's actor is back.

probably this

I'm not sure how deep into reboot territory they're going. It could be a slight twist on what we've already seen... Or they could fuck it up.

Good fucking choice, the imagery in this show is spectacular.

I mean, they've said they'd be using the bones of Tron 3. Which all likely points to soft reboot.
And that's kinda insane when Legacy was already a soft reboot.

If you're making a third one...why not try to keep some of the fans around, and finish the trilogy?

What was it exactly that went wrong with Legacy? Just not doing well at the box office? CGI CLU?

I thought they'd give up on trying to make Tron work now that they have Star Wars and Marvel, so I'm happy to see anything, but yeah, I really hope they at least try to continue the story.

Tron actually derezzed someone on screen?

Still felt like main characters avoided derezzing with the only purpose of staying Disney family-friendly. Because, apparently, cartoon "good guys" main characters having a kill count upsets too many moral guardians.

It did "meh". Not bad, just meh.

And it was being primed to be the new hit franchise for Disney.
Tron 3 wasn't actually dead until 2015. They were on track to start production then.

But Disney had both Marvel and Star Wars at that point, and when Tomorrowland failed, and failed hard, they took Tron off the roster.

No use in wasting resources when they had two juggernauts.
I'm not adverse to a reboot, I just want the proper, real, Tron 3.
Then they can make whatever movies they want after that.

>Tron actually derezzed someone on screen?

The video in the OP, 1:06 in.
youtu.be/AaG7Io16bO0?t=1m6s

Yeah, I get why that's irritating, and it was mildly frustrating for me, too. But I enjoyed everything else so much that it didn't bother me a lot.

I hope we get that Tron 3, Dave. I'm skeptical, but hopeful, especially if they involve people who were in charge before.

I doubt that we're not going to get a soft reboot, Leto or not.

Legacy really only serves the purpose of setting up Tron 3, and that Tron 3 won't happen. The only one who was still pulling for it was Kosinski...he even said so in an interview just days before the Reboot was stated as being in consideration.

And Kosinski doesn't have the weight to try and buck back.

Damn, that sucks... Then I have no idea where they'll try to go with it. It all seems like such a huge fucking waste.

I'd say "plot", but it never stopped Marvel from getting a huge box office. Having cool graphics and action scenes is enough. So it's not that.

I think it was a combination of unfortunate release date, the franchise being relatively unknown and Disney live action movies having a track record of being "meh" at best.

I think this is one of the reasons why they want a reboot. Legacy used a lot of things that were set up in old Tron, and original Tron didn't aged well and never became classic. They want to start from scratch to be in control from the very start.

I only got around to seeing the first episode while it was on Netflix, I feel bad for missing my chance.

The fact that it's not well known, has such a small fanbase, and isn't very iconic at all are good points toward not making a reboot.
Legacy was really only on the radar of fans, and a reboot might just alienate.

It's not like with Star Wars where they have so many pop cultural attachments that make for great marketing.

I was so bummed when they took it off Netflix. The first episode isn't even on Youtube any more legitimately, like it used to be.

At least there's this. watchcartoonsonline.eu/tron-uprising-full-episodes/

Here's another wall. Feeling melancholy.

Wait, where is all this meme material coming from?Tumblr?

I've got the lot downloaded in 1080p. I should make a mega or something.

you really should

It'll take forever, but sure. This thread will probably be long gone before I finish.

Don't underestimate our ability to keep a slow thread alive.

what said.

Not getting cancelled.

There was a small following here when the show was still around. But that was a long time ago...

That's a nice crossover. Having 2D characters and 3D scenes could really work in Uprising.

I agree. It's only in a few shots, but some of the characters in the show were hand drawn.

Looking at it now, I guess just the hair was... But I know I've seen it elsewhere.

aesthetic bliss.

rigging hair for animation seems particularly tough.

Posting some Paige because I wanna'.

Because someone has to post it...

i always preferred the blue-haired girl on account of mandy moore's voice.

That's a really nice looking webm

You were there!!! In the old days! You must have been!

She was nice too. But what can I say? I like bad girls.

Digging around in this old folder... I think this is the weirdest fanart I've ever seen.

I miss this joke

user delivarin'

Goddamn, I love that scene. Thanks!

Do programs even have skin under their lights suits?

>Paige fucked Beck so hard she derezzed his dick

I've seen some stuff that goes off the idea that they look more like the Grid 1.0 style underneath

Yeah they were good times until we reached end of line.

Gifs lol.
WEBM!

TU is probably the only show where people aren't really arguing about who's best.
Both sides seem to have a lot of mutual respect for each other.

>TU is probably the only show where people aren't really arguing about who's best.
>Both sides seem to have a lot of mutual respect for each other.
oh, i wasn't implying that paige isn't a great gal or anything. i just really like mara's voice actress, which colored how i viewed the characters. paige is a badass.

This is my favorite scene of Mara's in the entire show.

Yeah, didn't save the webm's at the time...

Good to see you again, Sup Forumsgram. Tron Lives.

Wait I thought the tron fan following was only fujos

Ooo, didn't have that one!

I'm even sadder now...

Daily reminder to watch for oncoming trains and to not deploy in front of helicopters.

Didn't have that either... Who knew I'd be seeing new content.

>This was a big moment

The deaths in this ep had a disturbing touch of realism

I still wonder did this show have the highest number of on-screen deaths for a kids cartoon? Because damn a lot of programs got de-rezzed.

I know, wasn't it great?

1/2

2/2

>tfw I liked Keller

God, I fucking love how apologetically brutal so many of the deaths were. And the voice cast was fucking perfect.