ITT: Characters too nice for their show

ITT: Characters too nice for their show

"It's like playing keep away with the neighbourhood SPASTIC"

Greatest line in animation from the one and only Dr O.
God bless him.

YOU TRUSTED ME WITH YOUR FLESH AND BLOOD AND I FAILED YOU! HATE ME!!!

He repeatedly mind wipes his daughter to hide that a portal to hell exists in her closet

That's pretty bad

He's too adorable

I don't know what they've done to him lately, though.

>I don't know what they've done to him lately, though.
Made him the token "religion is bad and makes you bad," character

actually a lot of new episodes seem to loosen up on that and are instead undoing his forgiving/oblivious nature and having him just be a pussy who wants Homer to not treat him like shit

Religion is like soccer, it's for brown people.

The lack of Orpheus was my only qualm about Season 6.

>Europeans
>Religious

Obligatory

What exactly is wrong with mind-wiping someone? Prospero from Shakespeare's the Tempest used a sleeping spell on his daughter Miranda for similar purposes, and he's a good guy. He's just exercising his fatherly duty to keep his daughter from negative influences.

>Good
But Prospero's a manipulative, vengeful and crotchety old man, whereas Dr O. is an innocent studmuffin.

It's underappreciated that a bonafide necromancer is by far one of the most morally uncompromised character on Venture Bros.

Hank and maybe Billy are the only ones that come close.

It's a shame Orpheus hasn't appeared much lately.
I love his line delivery and how despite being an all-powerful necromancer he's honestly kind of useless and considered lame, as well as one of the few genuine good guys of the show.

>Literally only namecalled once last season

Fuck.

I wonder where he and Al are living now, crashing with Jefferson I guess?

Hopefully they find their way to New York

What about Dean?

I seriously want to see Dean start pursuing the path of supervillainy as a way of rebelling against Dr. Venture and realizing that when he isn't concerned about everyone else he gets better at science. I feel like Think Tank hinted that family issues, more than anything, were what were holding him back.

Jefferson is allegedly based on a group of New Aged Black Men that Jackson and Public constantly see around New York, keeping the Blacula population down. So it's not like there's not basis for setting up an apartment there.
I think that was more Think Tank trying to get Dean out of the way so he could enjoy his DUEL OF THE BRAINS.
I don't think Dean is going to go villain mode. If anything he's probably just going to become more and more normal and actually escape the life.

They can't afford to live in NYC.

All is a fag, he will totally drag them along in his quest to see something on Broadway. It will be glorious too, watching Al act out bits from Broadway plays.

Is living NYC adjacent too expensive?
>I mean so long as we're looking for new places maybe we can get out of Nowhere, Nevada. Hey, Twilight you still got that apartment in Brooklyn?
>Hell no, I don't have that apartment in Brooklyn. I can't afford it anymore. And it'sa god damn shame., that place had history. I mean sure it was infested by a hidden coven of Blaculas trying to gain a grip on humanity starting there but y'know it was real n' shit. The corner store where I staked my first vampire lord is now an artisnal cupcake shop. I've been defending that place from bloodsuckers for 30 years and a bunch of 20somethin' white hipsters gentrify the joint and rent hike my ass out of town.

>nice

They already did the Broadway thing with Rusty though

i can't think of anyone in this show, everybody is equal parts good natured and asshole.

What are you talking about?
Dr. Orpheus is a legitimate sorcerer and is respected in his field. He actually has friends and good social connections. Dr. O even raised his daughter when he wife bailed, and Triana turned out to not only be a well-adjusted teenage girl but also a talented witch apprentice.
He cooks, he cleans, he's funny, he's a caring single dad, he's amazing.

Doesn't mean he isn't considered useless by other characters on the show

Oscar Proud

Becoming a villain as a way to rebel against your boy adventurer dad sounds hilarious.

Though I think that kind of acting out would be more in Hanks character. Getting pissed off a Rusty and pretending to be a villain and insisting on being taken seriously but Rusty plays it off like when a kid says they're running away from home.

What does Professor Chaos have to do with Butters?

>in character
>funny
>10/10

Bill?

This

you mean to tell me that he wasflanderized?

>Stereotypical dad
>Tries to act like "the man" in front of guests, even if it means talking down to his wife
>Forces his shitty snacks on everyone, even if it makes them sick
Next

O-Oh... Buddy, I have some news for you. You ready? Butters and Professor Chaos share blood.

Indeed. Kekd heartily.