>Batman: Year One

Is Batman the greatest hero ever?

Yes.

maybe but

>Batman: the Brave and the Bold is a better cartoon
>Lego Batman is a better movie
>Superman Beyond 3D is a better comic

No.

I'm really here for the cartoons but wasn't watchmen considered a better comic book?

it is structurally better but still not "best" unless you're a pleb

Batman Year One isn't even in the top ten, and dark knight isn't even the best Nolan batman movie.

Just once I'd like to see a thread about Batman on Sup Forums that wasn't:
>"Why doesn't he kill/rape the Joker?" shitposting
>Shitposting about how he's the worst, or attempts like OP's to stir up said shitposting with obvious bait.
>Shitposting/waifu warring about Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy
>Shitposting/husbandu warring about Robin(s)
>Shitposting about whatever mainstream media of the minute stars Batman.

Outside of storytime threads, nobody ever actually discusses the comics.

Year one isn't even the best batman comic.

>dark knight isn't even the best Nolan batman movie.
>it's a contrarian prefers Begins to The Dark Knight

ugh....

2/3 of that is still Batman though.

That's why it's a maybe.

Let's do it user!

Thoughts on King's run so far? I'm really enjoying it, though it can feel a bit disjointed at times. He brings personality to Bruce, which I felt was lacking in Snyder's run.

I'm not digging Detective. The victims syndicate arc where steph flipped out pretty much turned me off the book. I'll probably catch up eventually for the clayface and class moments

I really wish more people would have actual dialogue about those films.

Like, I do prefer the LOOK of Batman Begins, but TDK had the objectively better script.

If you rate movies based on which has the better script, you don't understand the medium of film.

The Dark Knight is a better constructed film with stronger themes and a classic villain.

>Thoughts on King's run so far? I'm really enjoying it, though it can feel a bit disjointed at times. He brings personality to Bruce, which I felt was lacking in Snyder's run.
Agreed, I really like the way he writes Bruce, and I've given a lot of writers a lot of slack for their writing when they deliberately choose NOT to write him as just a gruff asshole all the time.

SnyderBats feels like he rides the line pretty close there, with him being at once more personable and talky than Batman usually is, and yet still terrible at treating his Bat-family like people. KingBats is the sort of guy who's not insecure about asking for help, whether it's Alfred or the JLA. I really thought the first arc was just gonna be 'GRRR I'M MAD THERE ARE UNTRAINED METAHUMANS IN MUH CITY.", so that was a pleasant surprise.

But like you said, it can be a bit disjointed... like I didn't have as much of a problem with Selina suddenly having a kill count in the triple digits, but breaking the rule of "show, don't tell" and having her wipe out an entire global terrorist organization off-panel felt cheap... and passing the buck to HOLLY of all people just felt cruel and unusual. I could MAYBE buy Selina having the time and resources and training to kill 230+ people, but Holly? And the worst part is, with the internet making fan feedback so immediate, we don't know if he actually always planned it to be a classic DC fakeout (like in the I Am Suicide arc), or if he just left it vague enough so he could back out. I'd rather they'd committed to an edgier Selina, it was inevitable after 30 years of being an antiheroine.

>It's a CAPE KINO fag
Back to Sup Forums. Back.

Style-over-substance thinking means the Bayformers movies are artistic masterpieces. Are you prepared to argue that?

I've been liking King's run, but I kinda skipped over I am Suicide. Was that arc any good?

I thought the best superhero comic story was All-Star Superman.

Thats the thing, there is no best.
But for the record I really dug All star superman

Also Vision was "the best" of last year.

No but he is the most famous.

No two ways about it, Batman has credentials across all media.

That was my favorite one so far. The cast is great, especially if you've read ostrander squad.

That's a good way to put it. Being the best is pretty subjective, but Ithink it's fair to say that Batman has the best resume overall

No, that is superman but batman is the best character and works in pretty much every big comic style you can think off aside from fantasy.

>Lego is better
Fucking manchild

As for superman beyond Gaiman story and Morrison last rites were better

why is it better for fucks sake. sure begins has a simple plot of bruce becoming batman that's more linear and easy to follow, maybe the league plan was a bit retarded, but it's not more retarded than the shit they pull in dark knight with harvey becoming two face by droping in a pool of gasoline or joker rigging boats with bombs and trying to trade blows with batman in an abandoned building for some reason. not to mention the hero gotham deserves but not needs shit.

begins has a better story, better action, better visual tone and it's actually thrilling and interesting, on top of all that it feels like an actual batman movie

The Dark Knight is a batman movie. That argument has never made sense. You say Begins is a better story but you haven't described why other than that it is simple.

I don't know. I like Hawkeye and Moon Knight better, senpai.

>le ebin edgy clown man
>le throat cancer patient batman
Fuck off fag

>begins has a simple plot of bruce becoming batman that's more linear and easy to follow,
Actually, the plot was decidedly non-linear in the first act, cutting between flashbacks and the present day, whereas TDK is the only one in the trilogy without any flashback sequences.
>not more retarded than the shit they pull in dark knight with harvey becoming two face by droping in a pool of gasoline or joker rigging boats with bombs and trying to trade blows with batman in an abandoned building for some reason. not to mention the hero gotham deserves but not needs shit.
...how the hell is any of that shit retarded? It doesn't matter WHAT fucked up Harvey's face so much as HOW and WHY it happened, which in the case of TDK was the result of a unique trap by the Joker just to fuck with Batman. But you don't seem to grasp even a motive that simple, since you're confused as to why the fuck the Joker would do Joker shit in a goddamn Batman movie where the fucking main villain is the Joker. The "he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now" line made perfect sense in context, sure it say sound hokey but no moreso than "IT'S NOT WHO I AM, BUT WHAT I DOOO THAT DEFINES ME."

Thinking about dropping kings run at the end of I am bane and if that happens it'll be the first time in twelve years of reading comics that I'm not reading a single ongoing with batman as a character. It's not because the books are bad it's just that there's so much stuff coming out at the moment that I'm enjoying that books that are just average to me like batman and dectective comics fall by the wayside. Recently I've been getting much more enjoyment from superman and green lantern stuff.

Disusting fucking taste. Ill drink harder tonight just because of this post. Besides, Begins the the superior movie

>best superhero cartoon
Batman Beyond
>best superhero movie
Iron Man
>best superhero comic story
WAY too much material to ever come close to a consensus, but I'm gonna go with Superman Red Son knowing a fuckton of people will disagree.

The script for TDK was a fucking mess, its popularity is entirely based on its big action setpieces, nobody actually remembers the plot (which is good, because it was terrible).

Begins had the tightest story, most consistent tone, best script, and was generally the most "Batman".

TDK had the best spectacle, it did the over-the-top superheroics the best out of the trilogy.

TDKR had the most memes generated, so there's that I guess.

Begins has Katie Holmes though

Not him but yes, Bay is a really good director. As for substance that matters a lot, but no Mcu movie has substance, Mos and bvs does have it.

>The script for TDK was a fucking mess, its popularity is entirely based on its big action setpieces, nobody actually remembers the plot (which is good, because it was terrible).
What the hell are you talking about? The plot is "Crime in Gotham City escalates to the point Joker starts a shooting war with Batman, and Harvey Dent is caught in the crossfire." If you want a more thematic description than that, it's "Batman and Joker fight for the soul of Gotham City." The plot wasn't THAT complicated - the mob gets desperate, turns to Joker, shit gets fucked up. There are lots of twists and turns along the way, and yes I could list them all if I absolutely had to, but ultimately it holds up fairly well.

The only part I think is kinda unclear is at the midway point - Batman cuts out a brick with a bullet in it for "fingerprints", shoots a bunch of bricks, eyeballs the brick he thinks looks most like the one he took (?), somehow figures out how to reconstruct the bullet from the crime scene from this, somehow gets fingerprints off it, confirms it's one of Joker's thugs, decides to to go to his apartment AS BRUCE WAYNE (?), and arrives just in time to find conveniently blindfolded cops (?) and window blinds hooked up to a kitchen timer (?!), all so he can almost get shot but otherwise contribute nothing to the scene, other than answering "where was Batman anyway?"

Like, what if the Joker and his entire gang had been in that apartment loaded for bear? Would he have just kung-fu fought them all in his motorcycle outfit? What if the cops weren't blindfolded? Did the Joker EXPECT Batman to wind up there at that precise moment the kitchen timer contraption went off, or was that just a diversion for the cops that Bruce wandered into? It's a really weird, unclear series of events that happen in a rapid-fire juggle of edits, but I think I can give it the benefit of suspending my disbelief since most Hollywood movies make no damn sense all the time.

Begins also has batman kill Ras at the end, so there's that

I think shooting the bullets into the bricks was to figure out the calibre of the bullet found in the apartment.

I also think Bruce being in the apartment when the timer goes off is a coincidence, it was just meant to be a distraction while they killed the mayor

It could definitely be clearer though

>best superhero videogame
>Batman: Arkham (which one is up to you)

>inb4 some Sup Forumsirgin denies this very fact

And TDK has that glass of congealed milk which we're told to believe is as attractive as Katie Holmes.

More like Dark Knight Returns is a vetter comic...

I'll take the congealed milk. She can act her way out of a paper bag

>>best superhero movie
>>The Dark Knight
>>best superhero comic story
>>Batman: Year One
Wrong as fuck.

Only brain-dead idiots who have no familiarity with the canon or any grasp of artistic merit enjoy the Nolan verse.

Batman Beyond was trash though, with a few ok parts.

>implying you need to care about canon to watch a non-canon movie
user, you're the kind of autism that gives us a bad name.

>Being this contrarian.

>BTAS
>TDK
>Year One
You only got one of those right.

First of all, TDK and Year One aren't even the best by their respective director and writer.

I'd put Superman The Movie at the top of the films, and there are far too many options for comic to act like there's any one definitive answer.