Is Aku unironically the least evil villain of all time?

Is Aku unironically the least evil villain of all time?

>Conquers worlds but generally doesn't bother them afterwards beyond having them pay tributes at a reasonable monthly rate
>Lax enough in laws to where quasi-independent economies and new technological innovations still flourish under him
>Spares multiple fools who fucked up right in front of him including that water alien who yelled at him (just sends him for a temporary prison term in the pits of hate instead) and the gangsters who almost got him killed by bringing Jack to him (they're seen operating business as usual totally fine afterwards)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BffZ0vjMH2I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Funny how an earth ruled by a eons-old cosmic horror that's literally named evil isn't a complete hellhole.

What good is evil if your subjects can't appreciate your magnificence? You can't just Darth Vader it up and murder every single one of your henchmen. You know what happened to Darth Vader?

I'm actually hard-pressed to find a historical example of a dictatorship that was more benevolent than Aku's. He's certainly trillions of miles ahead morality-wise compared to all the communist regimes.

>genocides humanity
>replaces them with aliens which he has repeatedly been shown to torment
>does everything in the name of more personal power
Yeah, totally not evil.

Fuck these "being evil isn't evil" threads.

>genocides humanity
>There are multiple humans seen throughout the show besides Jack
What did this FOOLISH user mean by this?

>genocides humanity

>genocides humanity
There are many, many humans shown to be living on his Earth.

He also didn't harm or forcibly brainwash the children he tried to persuade to like him with fairy tales. He's really not that bad, he can just be a dick whenever he feels like.

It's a delicate balance between being a massive dick for fun and being likable enough to be respected.

died saving his son?

He tried to kill up instead of down and died in the attempt.

Still better than Bill Cipher.

What fanfic are you quoting?

Only in independent anti aku states.

V.V. Argost from The Secret Saturdays is just about the only villain in recent Western animation who can match up to Aku.

He opened up relations with the galaxy and raised Earth's GDP by 10 billion percent.

>least evil villain

Well, you catch more flies with honey, you know.

ruined the triolgy for me would have been better if they had all died in a fiery cataclysm when the new death star exploded.

come to think of it are the prequels any good I should check them out.

Tell that to X9 and Lulu...sweet thing.

MY FUCKING NIGGA
I know only like 3 other people on Sup Forums actually watched that shit, but yea Argost is god tier.

>messed with /ourguy/ jack
yeah, no

Wait fuck I should have spoilered all that.

He is a deadbeat dad

>reasonable monthly rate
So I take it you don't remember the part where he demanded a race living at the bottom of the sea to build a statue of him rising from the depths once per month or he would destroy them right? That's basically an impossible demand to meet

Aku is certainly not good, he just doesn't care about anything that doesn't directly involve him and is kinda dumb.

It's criminally underrated. The network made sure it would go unnoticed, too, all because they got mad the toys weren't selling.

No, you shouldn't have.
Anyone who cares has already seen it and even then, most everyone else would have already had it spoiled.
Besides, it was shit.

>evil

Maybe Aku is Jack from the far-future who regrets becoming evil and he secretly returned to the past to get his younger self to kill him and put him out of his misery.

>thinking an entire race of sentient sea creatures who've mastered enough technology to have interstellar space travel can't handle raising one primitive statue once every 30.42 days

Yea it's definitely one of best shows CN ever put out, and the best of the Snyder era by a gigantic margin. Great designs, characters and voice acting.
CN has some psychopathic executives.

If he went full chaotic evil then he wouldn't be master of anything or anyone. He'd just be a kid that broke all his toys and now he's sitting there with nothing to play with.

The greatest evil masterminds know that evil is just a tool to bend will. You don't actually go for the bloodbath.

Anakin had family problems, which could've been prevented by keeping it in his pants.

Why do people keep posting these awful theories that sound like came from a studio executive?

We've seen Aku's origin. He's not Jack from the future or Jack's father or whatever.

Aku literally has a two part origin episode you fucking mongoloid

This. You learn this really quickly from video games that give you the freedom to kill NPCs and such. The aftermath is boring.

Argost was pretty great and creepy

>Secret group that messes with the supernatural and weird shit every day
>Scared utterly fucking shitless at the idea of having to break into Argost's house
>Last time they did it like 80% of the team died

He's literally pure fucking evil
I don't know how you missed the whole thing where he destroys a random village every other week with murderbots, enslaves races, invents cruel and unusual punishments (reminder he imprisoned the lavaman so that he could see his village getting destroyed, then sealed him in a mountain for hundreds and possibly thousands of years whilst keeping him conscious just to rub it even more)
Aku just seems lovable because he's goofy, isn't very clever and is bored half the time

better not be some akubloss shit

He was just an extreme liberal
>Turns earth into multicultural capital of the galaxy
>Always hires henchmen from different cultures, races, backgrounds and genders, giving them equal opportunities to gain a fortune
>Uses machines to do most of the work so everyone can live on a post-scarcity economy
>Other planets other than earth are mostly respected and allowed to keep their ways
>Controls the means of production and industries of all the earth and so everyone pretty muchs works for the government one way or another
>Those who want to live in closed ethnic societies are forced to open their borders to the world
>Religions have most probably been eradicated
>Even in the far future the earth is full of forests, clean oceans and snowy places

Not as horrible as people make them out to be, but:
1 is extremely flawed and has aged like shit on top of that. The ending battle sequence was pretty ground-breaking for it's time and still has great music (just mute the TV when Aniken is on the screen), but you've probably already seen elements of it rehashed a thousand other places.
2 Is pretty shit- wobbling between cringy and goofy.
3 was OK, about the same quality of more modern stuff, but too little too late for the trilogy

Just in general they were terrified of Argost, whenever he showed up Zak was the only one who wanted to fight him. Drew and Doc's strategy for dealing with him was suppressing fire and run

This. Aku is smart enough to make sure his villainy is sustainable throughout the countless generations he's enslaved. If he just made the world into an absolute hell, either too many people would've died for the population to keep itself going, or future generations would become desensitized to his cruelty, until eventually there would be nothing he could do to phase them at their core.

"Evil" isn't just the bad things he does; it's the weight his actions carry that can fundamentally shatter the spirits of entire civilizations. Now THAT'S his real power, and the omnipresent threat of his willingness and ability to use it is what makes his reign so effective, even when his people are seemingly permitted more freedoms than you'd immediately expect them to have.

They begged Aku to let them live in Earth because a cataclism dried up their planet's oceans.

Turns out Aku himself was the one who fucked up their world and when one of them called him out on that Aku killed him on the spot.

What about the japanese family living right in one of Aku's direclty governed cities, owning a legitimate business and being pretty comfortably middle class?

Jack murdered X9, not Aku. And Lulu's probably fine, I bet Aku kept her alive in the pits of hate or something.

I felt it was kind of weak except VV
Or the jedi being cool

>first thing he does is torch a whole occupied city because some guy gave him sass
>constantly pumps out gorillions of robotic minions whose default behavior is to maraud against the innocent
>sends a man to his death under threat of destroying the only one he loves sweet thing...
He's periodically pretty damn villainous, it's just not nonstop tryhard evildoing because Aku's a silly fuck.

Oh yea I forgot about them. Any other examples of humans in Akuland?

The shoe store owner from the same episode.

Anyone forgetting about AoStH Robotnik?

>a man

A robot. Who was literally built using Aku's money for the explicit purpose of law enforcement. All Aku did was make him (try to) do his job.

Didn't he crucify dogs?

You can commit genocide without killing them all, it's just a focused act of single out a certain population in an area and attempting to kill em all.

Well people still get killed by death bots and things are generally unsafe for large parts of the peaceful innocent populations. So it's not perfect but like some fucked up African quasi-state.

>Asked a scientific to build him some invincible mechanical assasins under the promise of sparing his city if he accepted the task.
> First thing he does once the robots are finished is order them to destroy their creator's city.

He is asian.

Makes the meat taste sweeter.

A true hero

The earlier season episodes without him are pretty underwhelming, yeah. I never rewatch those.

>like some fucked up African quasi-state

Aku's territories have literacy and technology though.

Aku didn't kill him, he teleported him to the pits of hate to learn from his mistake.

>Lulu...sweet dish

Aku's world is just America.
Sure you have top tier technology and everyone has a good life, but its also the place where you're most likely to be shot and killed by the police or imprisoned for no reason.

>Them basket robots that one scientist made so Aku wouldn't fuck his shit.
>Aku tested the robots on the scientist

Granted it was fucking dumb not to get more of those robots but it did wrap a potential threat.

But if a flimsy jap sword is the only thing you can't heal from and you're already immortal then you have the privilege to waste your time however you want. I mean at least he's got a sense of humor. Hard to hate a genocidal maniac with a sense of humor.

>ordering bounty hunters like a pizza
that shit always cracks me up

The Aku we see in the series has been in power for at the very least thousands of years. He has been the unquestionable master of the planet for the majority of recorded history. Rebellions against him have risen up, been crushed, and then risen up to be crushed again untold times.

99.8% of the World has had their will utterly crushed by the time Jack arrives in the future. He doesn't seem that evil to them because they won't even dare question his power.

Korean animators lol

>its also the place where you're most likely to be shot and killed by the police or imprisoned for no reason

>American education preventing people from putting two and two together

He's one of the most pointlessly vindictive villains I've ever seen. Anyone who works with him so he'll leave their people/village alone gets backstabbed as soon as Aku thinks things are in the bag. You'd think people would have wised up after a certain point.

he at least wiped out the japs

Aku only punishes fools. If you're not all like "p-pls master Aku, spare my village, I'm a poor old fool!" Aku treats you fine.

In Aku's book, everyone is a fool.

I think he means more saying that shit when a whole third of the world still exists.

If you're an assassin and you do your job without crying about your gf or your village or your dog then you'll get lots of money and probably cool Aku swag like t-shirts and calendars too.

One of the first things we see him do is destroy a village.
Then we learn he has enslaved a race of intelligent dogs, and that the ones who are unable to meet the quota are punished with death.
I dunno man he sounds a bit like an asshole.

oh hell yeah

>aku nude calendar

haha what if you linked a bunch of nude female aku? haha that would be weird haha
asking for a friend.

>watching the second episode of samurai jack s1 because I haven't seen it since it aired

>dogs getting fucking crucified

>embodiment of evil and basically untouchable
>pulls dirty tricks like time portals to prolong his reign
>ravages other planets and provides refuge to its survivors in multicultural shithole cities
>heavy surveillance on everyone
>attempts to spew propaganda at the children in vain

Is Aku the ultimate jew?
Is this why he fears the samurai?

Your rage gives me pleasure

The little girl that stole Jack's clothes and swords.

Remember the six million Akus who died in Jack Dad's death camps, goyim.

Reminder that they deserved to be happy

>deserved to be happy

He murdered like hundreds of innocent people while admitting he knew it was wrong.

>I-I was just pretending to be stupid!

Pointing out you're stupid is rage now?

literally who the fuck cares
he had a dog, that's all that matters

Aku's a great villian because he won. Samurai Jack might undo his evil, but it will undo millions of lives born during Aku's millenia-long victory, both good and evil and all inbetween.

Aku will be stopped, but only after it was too late.

>Spares multiple fools who fucked up right in front of him including that water alien who yelled at him (just sends him for a temporary prison term in the pits of hate instead)

I think it's clear that he did kill him, but they couldn't outright say it in a kids show. it's the sj version of "being sent to another dimension"

youtube.com/watch?v=BffZ0vjMH2I

>I think it's clear that he did kill him, but they couldn't outright say it in a kids show

They do show Aku blatantly killing other aliens though. He literally had dog aliens crucified. They weren't prevented from saying he killed people.

He was a lot more ambitious in his early days, he just grew bored of the same thing.

i`m gonna sume that aku has a kind of god complex,he just wants to own everything and everybody and get everybody to admitt he is the master,but them he gets bored and lost interest in things,what does a god care what people are doing?if they are happy or sufering?he doesn`t give a shit,he is a child with a ant farm,he likes to see them coming and going,o but poor the ant that escape the farm or bits him

Daily reminder that Episode XLVIII (Jack versus Aku) is the best episode of Samurai Jack.

hasn't god done worst?

>has the technology necessary to automate away all manual labor
>still uses slave labor
Aku knows what's up.