The Eltingville Club

Fund it fund it fund it fund it fund it

Oooohh fund it fund it fund it fund it.

Kickstart it already goddamnit!!!!

Fund what, evan dorkin already said he's done with the series

This sounds like something that Sup Forums would love at first but as the digs got deeper and deeper would grow to hate.

I could swear I already own this. What are we trying to fund now?

Lots of people on Sup Forums already hate it for hitting too close to home.

More so if it got popular. Seems to be the turning point here. It's all fun and games till your normie friends like it.

Rick and Morty proved this. Was loved to a extreme amount the first year but when it went full hot topic popular Sup Forums just started to shit on it hard.

I remember when these were in Dork. It was like browsing Sup Forums before there was a Sup Forums

Shows how timeless some things are

That pic is from a recent comic, but the older issues still resonate painfully close to home

Maybe the animated version that never took off?

While I enjoyed the Eltingville Club I always felt that these kinds of self-critical jabs can only go on for so long before it just becomes destructive for both the audience and creators. It's like with KC Green and the anime club. You could tell his heart wasn't in continuing it even though people kept asking for it, especially with the lackluster ending.

I can't believe we killed Jim Steranko!

>Expect comfy comic book series about dorks, geeks, nerds just talking about /tg/ Sup Forums /vr/ Sup Forums stuff.
>Instead of Ed Edd Eddy, I get 4 hateable antagonistic characters just fighting each other and ripping on everyone like shit people.

There are shows which do lovable assholes correctly (Bender from Futurama), but there's 4 of them and they're all losers with no charm or quality in them.

It's basically an idea that can't hold itself. If they grow in any real way the series isn't what it was anymore. If they stay where they are it just gets sad and pathetic.

I think it gold old after the first issue or the first 7 minutes of the pilot.

I love everything Eltingville EXCEPT for issue 2. Seriously, fuck that issue. Issue 1 was awesome but issue 2 just feels like Dorkin projecting insecurities rather than telling a tale of friendship.

>hitting too close to home

More like being the fever dreams of bullies who never outgrew shitting on the nerdy kids and need a reason to feel they have it coming.

personally its because its just more evan dorkin going waa waa waa about people going waa waa waa. don't care if he is self aware about it like the new york jew he is

You're all anti-semites!

No I ain't I got all of Spielberg's movies on vhs.

I liked issue two as well, but Bill's huge Rant about Jerry's girl and honestly the whole "fake geek girl" bit in the previous ish were just WAY too on the nose. I've honestly got no issue with the Club and Fandoms being portrayed as sexist and exclusionary (or whatever) but jeez a little subtlety would be appreciated.

a large part of eltingville's charm is that it's supposed to be a jab at the worst parts of a fanbase/fandom/etc. and how at the end of the day we either know someone like them or basically are/were them granted probably not going to the same lengths as they do.

But it's already over.

The only real thing people got annoyed about was in the final two issues he went the "fake geek girl" route with their behavior, which is accurate for guys like them, but still felt a little forced given the current climate.

I would've loved an Eltingville cartoon, but then again, I hate my fellow geeks.