Will it be good?

Will it be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4MQ0rDcZAtw
youtube.com/watch?v=odlekAFneGA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

I mean fuck, even the logo is bad.

The few early reviews of the movie have been positive so far, and the other power rangers comics have been pretty good. so maybe? Its kinda depends on how well I like the movie version.

This classic logo and the new one aren't much different from each other aside from the new lightning bolt and the arched lettering, even the fonts look similar in both style and coloring.

I will shit myself in shock if Power Rangers winds up as the best movie of the Spring/Summer. I mean, is there anyone who could have predicted that?

>classic logo

This is one of the monsters Cranston did back in the day
youtube.com/watch?v=4MQ0rDcZAtw

Sorry meant modern logo that all the current shows use.

Are the preliminary reviews decent? The trailers made it seem like it might be a decent for an ultra-campy blockbuster, but I've been fooled before.

the reviews arent very in depth due to embargos but from what has been said its a good interpretation of the series for a modern audience, with good action and story and has a few cameos from some of the OG cast sprinked in there in a very tasteful way

In fact the entire opening sequence of the movie has been spoiled in text form from the book adaptation of the movie. When I was reading it it sounded pretty awesome.

Of course not.

Reboots are the cancer killing pop culture. The classics should be revered and respected, not replaced.

If anything this should be just another new team in the regular universe with new Zords

>We won't get MIGHT MORPHIN POWER RANGERS X UCHUU SENTAI KYURANGER as our Summer movie this year

Fair enough, but I would argue not having the pinnacle on the letters makes them much more legible and in a certain sense bolder.

On another note, has the second issue of the Justice League/Power Rangers crossover released yet? I need my fix.

>a good interpretation of the series for a modern audience,

Hey, if the originals was good enough for US, it's good enough for THEM. We shouldnt have to see our childhood degraded just because todays audiences are dumber

The movie? Probably worth pirating once it hits home release and watching it while gradually getting drunker. It looks like one of "those" kinds of movies.

The comic? I've never heard of Ryan Parrott, so I can't judge. That cover art looks okay even if I still don't like the suit designs.

>If anything this should be just another new team in the regular universe with new Zords
This is what I wanted but no one would watch a PR movie with an original team. Got to please those normies and casuals who only ever loved MMPR when they were growing up.

And I agree with you to an extent, but I can tell you from personal experience that this movie is getting people like my friends who had zero interest in PR anything into the series proper due to the more realistic looking visuals and acting, and even kids and teenagers I know who love the OG show are looking forward to what this adaptation has to offer. While I love the 1995 movie for what it is it was an awful movie even by 1995 standards and lionsgate needed to update some things to grab a new audience while hopefully being faithful enough to the source material to keep the fans happy. and from what has been said and and what has been seen in the trailers and spoilers they seem to be doing a decent job so far, but in the end what matters is if the movie can deliver on both a good movie and being a good power rangers movie.

It's only being brought out now to push the cultural Marxist agenda

So unfortunately it will be shit

I'm also not trying to be a lionsgate apologist or anything, if the movie sucks it sucks, but as a long time power rangers fan I personally like what I have seen so far aside from a few mediocre changes to characters or designs like goldar or the megazord and am excited to potentially get what could at least be a decent to pretty good PR action flick to watch with friends.

Hell no.

But I can't not see it because it's Power Rangers

Thank god my movie theater has beer.

Its not much different except for the parts that are very different. Which is all of it.

The zords look like ass.
The megazord looks like shit.

Early reviews mean absolutely fuck all. Remember last year, when BvS was getting standing ovations during early screening?

>Megazord?
You mean Generic Humanoid Fighting Robot

We're the early screenings the full movie or the bastardized theatrical release? Since neither deserve a standing ovation

I am weirdly intrigued by that.

youtube.com/watch?v=odlekAFneGA

looks bad todd

I would have vastly preferred something in the tone of Akibarangers but you know, American.

that is actually a pretty fun clip, only makes me more excited for the movie.