Worst possible endings

What are some ways the show could end that would literally ruin the whole series?

>Jack becomes the bad guy
>"There's no such thing as "robots" Jack, you have been killing people this whole time!"
>Jack dies and the daughter of Aku takes his place
>the whole thing was just a story that is being read to a child
>the guardian is never mentioned in any kind of meaningful way
>a cliffhanger

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g9ZJ0F8Ik9E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Romance ending with any of the daughters

Or any of the daughters joining him at all, honestly.

The sword was never necessary to beat Aku. It was supposed to be just a representation of the human spirit, and it can only seal him. Only by tapping into the true potential of humanity can Aku be defeated. It's okay that Jack lost the sword, because it was just an instrument, a tool.

Aku tears open a portal in time and flung Jack into the future

AGAIN

This will happen for sure

I hope not. I might want them to be relatable in some way but I want them to be enemies in the end.

WHERE MY EVIL IS STILL LAW

Nigga you know hes going to hook up with Ashi. Worst possible ending is Ashi finally slaying Aku

And then the samurai died, the end!

>Aku and Jack make-up

Cracked a grin at this.

"I learned from my mistake Samurai, this time I will send you to the end of time"
>Aku gets trapped in his own portal
>Jack wonders the land for the rest of time, protecting the weak and inncent from evil, waiting for the day Aku returns into a world where justice is law. a future that is Jack

I get what you mean, and that would be a pretty good ending... But you saw Ashi's (I'm not sure if that's her name) "backstory", she'll be the first to rebel and she will join Jack at some point (but let's hope that I'm wrong)

>"There's no such thing as "robots" Jack, you have been killing people this whole time!"

I thought people liked that idea?

Why would anyone?

>Jack gets back to the past
>fights Aku again, wins this time
>happy ending for everyone involved

I don't know, I just think it'd be kind of an anticlimax after all this buildup. Though it might be kind of interesting to focus on the aftermath, I guess. Like, Jack's return to the past and battle with Aku is only the first five or ten minutes of the episode, and the rest is devoted to Jack coping with his severe PTSD and realizing that after fifty years of surviving in the future, he doesn't belong in the past anymore.

>Jack ends up on a completely desolate earth
>Aku is long gone, as is everything else
>save for a monolith inscribed with a taunting message from Aku

truly the worst ending possible

I liked it

>"just nuts and bolts"

This gave me blueballs. In my heart.

This would be the best worst possible ending, just something unsurprising.

The series ends with Jack failing to stop Aku, but managing to send his sword back in time to the past, thus creating a stable time loop.

I fucking hate this shit, and I can't help but feel like this is how it's gonna be.

>Jack becomes the bad guy
Somewhat likely, but no.
Sounds like a copout. It takes place in a more dystopian futuristic setting
>Jack dies and the daughter of Aku takes his place
....Maybe?
>the whole thing was just a story that is being read to a child
Was that a reference to Aku's Fairy Tales?
>the guardian is never mentioned in any kind of meaningful way
What do you mean by this?
>a cliffhanger
100% UNLIKELY

what would be the best ending?

"I MUST DEFEAT AKU!"
"No Jack, you *are* Aku"

And then Jack became a cyberdemon-uh, er I mean, Aku.

I suppose the Aku's shape-shifting could be Jack's brain trying to rationalize his schizophrenia, but....nah

I feel like if jack kills aku it will feel rushed. We only have 9 episodes left and we have to beat the girls, overcome mental instability AND kill aku? It doesn't feel like enough time to do it in a satisfactory way?

>We only have 9 episodes left and we have to beat the girls, overcome mental instability AND kill aku?
>We only have 9 episodes left
>only
That's fucking more than enough time, are you expecting him to have an epic showdown with each one of the daughters?

>overcome mental instability

he doesn't exactly have to do that

what if he gets back to his village, and all he can see is demons?

Jack kills Aku in the future, later defeat the Guardian, gotta go back to the past, and then turn Aku into B E E F J E R K Y !

Something that smartly resolves:

>Jack's obsession with the past
>Aku's obsession with the future
>whatever the hell is going on with Ashi

Bonus:

>gives Jack the potential to recover from his PTSD, or at least better cope with it
>undo Aku's fuckery
>maybe some other things

A good ending is one that provides a good conclusion to the main characters' underlying needs and ties up the thematic stuff.

I really don't want a bad or bittersweet ending. Jack already suffered enough.

Jack can't kill Aku anymore, he lost his sword.
The only thing left to do... is throw Aku into the future.

Jack seals Aku within him and then commits hara-kiri with the sword. Killing both him and Aku.

Right... Mr. Antlers probably had his sword.

>Jack comes back to the past right after Aku had initially flung him to the future
>Jack sacrifices himself killing Aku
>is remembered as a hero in the present and future

No but it seems rushed if after 50 years of going insane and traveling he suddenly gets his sword back and the ability to defeat aku, then instantly challenges him and wins despite being tricked/screwed over time and time again. I'm sure it can be done but unless they are doing time skips it will feel rushed. One of the best parts about the show before this season was that things never felt rushed. They took their time every episode to show the scenery and create feeling. I think they can do it but I don't want the final battle to feel unsatisfying. Just like you, I've been waiting a long time for this ending.

youtube.com/watch?v=g9ZJ0F8Ik9E

Genndy's done this sort of stable time loop shit before with Ego Trip, so it's actually pretty likely. It provides closure to the series without it being an anticlimax after all this waiting.

I say closure, but it's still immensely blueballs as hell, considering Aku will probably never get defeated that way.

That's fucking scary desu senpai.

>Ashi and Jack team up
>Fall in love
>Ashi sacrifices herself to defeat Aku
>Jack has one chance to go back to the past
>He goes back to the past before Aku dies and saves Ashi

Jack and Aku become best friends

Jack goes back to the past, but Aku just flings him back to the future again and the final episode is the first episode of the series, only with two Jacks

You are like little babies. Watch this:

>Aku sacrifices himself for Ashi

>Jack kills Aku in the future then returns to the moment he was flung forward in time and kills the Aku of the past
>this creates an alternate timeline where Aku never rose to power

Or

>Aku teams up with his past self and deliberately fucks with time to create a ton of timelines to multiply himself and eventually recreate the primordial darkness he spawned from

Or

>Jack travels back in time to the exact moment Aku landed on Earth and destroys him
>Jack either ceases to exist or creates an alternate timeline

Either through his fight with the daughters or some other contrivance, Jack learns that Aku really DID destroy every last time portal on Earth- there is no way back the past. He's broken by this decision for some time, until he realizes how he was transported into the future in the first place: Aku's magic.

The fight is more brutal than any Jack has ever faced, but he eventually succeeds in driving Aku to the brink of death. Even faced with his final destruction, however, Aku refuses to reveal the secret of the magic he used to fling Jack into the future- he would sooner die than grant Jack victory. Jack realizes that he can't destroy Aku, because if he does, the secret of the last way back to the past dies with him.

Using the magic sword the same way his father once did, Jack seals Aku away again, now determined to use the resources of Aku's empire to study his entombed form and learn the secret he covets. Aku's subjects don't object to this- they fear the Samurai almost as much as they feared Aku himself.

Years pass. Jack settles into his role as the de facto ruler of Earth. After all, SOMEONE has to keep things running smoothly so that the research can continue. He tells himself that it's only temporary, that he is not the evil emperor Aku was... But he sees the fear in the eyes of his subjects. Worse, he finds it easier and easier to think of them as subjects, when he would have once called them people.

Finally, the day arrives. Jack's most brilliant scientists and mystics uncover the secret to Aku's time portal magic, and manage to extract it from his sealed form.

Jack creates a portal to the past. When he approaches, the people on the other side- HIS people- don't see Jack, their lost champion.

They only see a monster.

Disgusted, Jack hurls his sword through the portal to be discovered by his younger self and lets it close. He doesn't belong there anymore. He doesn't deserve to go among them.

Not anymore.

Aku is defeated not by the sword, but by learning parental love, through his daughter(s), ceasing to become the embodiment of pure evil.

This is probably the actual ending. Think about it, he can't just slay Aku, his father tried and it didn't work. It has be something different and this season is going to finish it all, so...

Making an awful lot of assumptions there. We have no idea when/how he's getting the sword back, if he's going to "instantly" challenge Aku, etc.

We already had a big time skip of 50 years, and now Genndy is showing us the important part: the last stretch of Jack's journey. While you may find it unbelievable that all of this important stuff converges at the same time, that's kind of how stories work.

The first episode also clearly showed that they're not going for entirely fast-paced episodes completely different from previous seasons. The entire crew knows what they're doing.

I hope that's the ending, it would be kino till the end.

I watched Birth of Evil 1&2 recently and holy shit can Gendy and his team do some shit, I believe he will deliver 100% at anything he does.

Jack finds a way back to the past and defeats Aku at the end of this season. We only get 9 new episodes after a 10 year hiatus.

The daughter makes a face-turn, Jack takes the daughter under his wing, she's the one that find's Jack's sword, she is worthy of wielding it, and she's the one that kills Aku
you read it here first

we've seen too many shows go to shit.

I'm probably just being a cynical fuck

>>the guardian is never mentioned in any kind of meaningful way
I have a feeling he won't be.

Needs a Yojimbo "cliffhanger" ending

don't do it gendy

jack did not wated 50 years to not-kill-aku and I didn't wait 13 years for jack to not-kill-aku

he's going to be mentioned but probably just that.

Jack will realize that if he goes back in time, he'll erase everyone he knows now, so he just kills Aku and makes the world better in the modern day.

you need to remember that jack doesn't age anymore. they would not add that plot point in if it wouldn't play into the ending in some way.

Jack chops off Aku's head, killing him. He then looks at it, puts it over his own head like a mask, proclaims "Now I am Aku" and morphs into him.

the good one is gonna get Jack's sword back

Jack has to die, he can't age so he needs to be killed

It's really that simple

"call me, jacku"

Maybe. I figured it was just to emphasize how he's stuck, both on his quest and literally in time, to the point where he can't even age. But there might be a plot reason for it

I think it's more important in that Jack and Aku are, as long as Jack has his sword, in an eternal stalemate. Aku has no release of tension as long as Jack's around. Which he will be. Forever. Because he's too goddamn good to get assassinated.

honestly something i'm thinking about are if there are time skips within this season?

We got a bit of that with the Daughter's Training Montage from birth til adulthood taking place across the episode.

>any
it should end with him romancing all the daughters and raising a new army to combat aku

shit....you got a point. The sword was forged out of jack's dad's spirit wasn't it?

We're going to get a clean time loop - Aku will somehow get knocked back in time and will be the original black evil that Odin/Vishnu/Ra fuck up, and a segment of him without knowledge of his history will be the piece that lands on Earth

Jack doesn't get his sword back and decides to join Aku. Aku then sends him back to the past and he slaughters all of his own people, including the younglings

kek

When did Genndy come up with the Daughters of Aku? Apparently he realized how he wanted to end the show 1 year after the last episode and the ending is based off that.

Jack, the chaste hero, says fuck it and has sex for the first time with one of Aku's daughters, realizing how much he's wasted the last 50 years before joining the Akult's evil ritualistic breeding harem, creating unstoppable demon babies with his superior samurai seed.

Jack defeats Aku and goes back to the past fifty years into the past

Oh and the mysterious warrior on the horse is the reanimated corpse of The Emperor

jack goes is sent back to the past and beats aku right before his past self is sent to the future. he vanishes and it is like the show never happened

Jack gives up on his quest, Aku, and just fighting in general and decides to be a park ranger

Jakc not aging sure allows for it, but then if the daughters have long term importance probably mot

Isn't that the ending for Wonder Woman?

This.

The final season is revealed to be a book one of the characters was writing, and the real Jack died of a heart attack at the end of the last season.

this would make a nice ending desu

>I SLEPT TOO LOOOOOOONG!
>Insane Jack laughter over the credits.

>yfw him taking the weapons of his enemies is his equivalent of shapeshifting

The entire series is actually just the imagination of one of Genndy's kids while he's playing. The kid being shown on the adult swim streams was supposed to foreshadow that. Right as Jack is about to deliver the death blow to Aku

>DINNER'S READY
>OKAY MOM

And then it cuts to real life

Yeah, you know what? This could be good. Hear me out:

Jack and Aku seem to be set-up to be foils of one another (more so than they are in seasons 1-4). Jack in Aku are locked in their final battle, with a time portal open and running near by. Just as Jack appears to be ready to deal the final blow/step through the portal, he flings Aku into the portal, sending him to the future (perhaps after having an epiphany). Jack is now the ruler of Earth and Aku gets a taste of his own time-travel medicine.

Like pottery.

>>"There's no such thing as "robots" Jack, you have been killing people this whole time!"
>>Jack dies and the daughter of Aku takes his place
these aren't too bad.

Ashi joining him is practically confirmed however.

I'm hoping it just ends up being some pseudo father/daughter relationship thing between them though, not a romance.

goddamn that's a spicy meatball

WHAT IF AKU IS JACK IN THE FUTURE AND THAT'S WHY AKU ALWAYS RUNS AWAY FROM THE FIGHT

Holy shit, are you serious?

The first one is forced, 2deep4u, edgy shit that cheapens the upgrade from robot-killing to human-killing in season 5, signifying a new Samurai Jack, as a TV show, and a new Jack, as a character.

For the second, Ashi is a brand new character with not nearly as much investment in defeating Aku as Jack, the main character, who's been seeking this for ages. Unsatisfying and shoehorned-in as fuck.

Honestly any ending that isn't Jack beating the Time portal Guardian and triumphantly returning to the past after getting hep from all the friends he's made from his journey would be shit.

I really didn't even want a conclusive end. This is one of those shows that just doesn't really need one honestly, since its the journey that's more important.

Jack's dad is actually Jack himself/ a reincarnation.

Okay the first one does have the 2edgy4u thing to it, but the second one ain't too bad.
Maybe she doesn't have as much investment in defeating Aku as Jack, but she still got a strong reason to bash him.

I'm not at all opposed to Ashi kicking Aku's teeth in, particularly if he had any hand in her horrible upbringing. But if Aku is defeated, it's Jack that needs to deal the final blow.

Halfway through the fifth season, Aku finally acknowledges his homoerotic feelings for Jack and Jack realizes that he, too, has feelings for Aku. The remaining 5 episodes is a romcom with wacky hi-jinks and sexual tension that culminates in Jack and Aku running away together in the final episode. And thus evil is conquered by the power of love.

If Jack slays Aku in the future, does jack need to slay Aku in the past as well?

That's fair.

>It's frame by frame the ending of Legend of Korra
Nah bruh. That'd be at least entertaining to see the aftermath on some level.

>but before the final blow was struck
>I twore open a portal in time
>and flung him into Seinfeld

It's the soup nazi episode.

It wouldn't be too shit if it ended up that Aku had died and Jack was stuck there forever.
It would be just a bitter ending.

If that happens I'll kill Gennedy

I'd unironically love to have this, as long as it's in conjunction with an actual, good ending.

If it's not funny, it'd be downright fascinating from how bizarre it is. Especially if they kept them in character.