Marvel Studios is ashamed of comic b-

>Marvel Studios is ashamed of comic b-

-ooks.

Sorry, what was that?

That suit was so fucking garbage. They should've gone with street clothes.

I honestly have no fucking clue what you're implying. That shitty tacticool design villain is fighting a man in a fucking hoodie.

Do you think that's what superheroes and villains look like? Are you that fucking delusional? No, rather, are you that desperate for validation that you find it in places like this?

In the same fucking show Luke literally makes fun of how he looks "like a damn fool" in his classic, iconic costume.

Kill yourself you fucking reddit spawn.

>Marvel thought this was ok, but putting Iron Fist in his costume was going too far

Okay so when will Luke Cage use his costume in the defenders?

I'M LUKE CAGE

I'M LUKE CAGE

I'M LUKE CAGE

If you didn't imply it, I wouldn't know that's a supervillain and not just some dude in shitty riot gear

In the comics Diamondback didn't have a strength enhancing suit or a dumb looking helmet. I don't really know what they were thinking.

Luke needed a final boss and he would have easily pushed comic Diamondback's shit in, so supersuit.

Not, OP, but Diamonback was ridiculously comic booky. I loved it.

>Tacticool
It was goofy, fuck off with your buzzwords. If it had brother colours it would have fit right in with silver age.

what the fuck are you talking about it, it looks nothing like his comic book outfit and IS tacticool. Its just a grey work outfit with a helmet basically. If the greys were brighter it would be silver age? Kill yourself.

Clearly it was Luke Cage.

I dont think you know what tacticool is mate. It's suppose to look cool not campy like diamondback.

Its like telling me that 80s/90s live action cap with the biker helmet was tacticool.

THIS is tacticool, lots of straps/webbing and or pouches. It screams "I am a Metal Gear Ninja".

Iron Fist is weird because we're coming off of literal immortal ninjas with The Hand from Season 2 of DD, and here we got Scott " Suck and Fuck" Buck ignoring that shit.

The closest thing Luke has to an actual costume nowadays is a yellow t-shirt and a buckle that says "CAGE"
Unless you want the tiara outfit, which already happened.

>one time Marvel actually has a character that just wears a tacticool outfit
>overdesign it
Fuck Marvel's costume designers.

adding a random helmet with a visor is the definition of tacticool

What straps? And Batman always has pouches.

God. That's a shitty power armor.

>Marvel Studios
more like its Neflix division.

Meanwhile, In DC we've got fucking Music Meister while his movie counterpart seems ashamed of its comic book origins. Pottery?

This, they really should not have bothered with the 70's outfit if they were just going to make fun of it, because he hasn't even worn it for years anyway.

Like seriously, even THIS was just too much for them? They still had to put a hoodie over it?

This is probably the worst example you could have chosen. I don't even think "Marvel is ashamed of the source material" is a perspective anyone has on anything EXCEPT the Netflix stuff. All the movies feature the characters in full costume prominently from beginning to end and have full-blown superpower based fights.

The Netflix shows on the other hand are activelu contemptuous of the material seeing as how they opt to completely ignore the costumes for the most part, completely alter a character's backstory(Iron Fist) and have these bullshit pussyfooting pseudo-attempts at comic book fan service that just end up cringe inducing.

>What straps?
user was probably talking about those pseudo-straps that look like they're holding the shoulder pads in place.

But on a side note, I never liked the kevlar/armor exposed costumes that hollywood makes batman wears.

This. How the fuck is adding rails and Velcro patches to a suit "realistic"?

Ironically, Cottonmouth had super strength in the books.

Oh shit, Luke Cage killed that guy.

Hey its the climax to Meteor Man

so marvel thought all of this was better than putting Iron Fist in his costume....

That's what Luke Cage has looked like for almost a decade though. Just a dude in a yellow shirt. There's no big costumes with him. Shit even his "costume" from before was a shirt with a tiara and wrist things.

these people defend 17 years of hugh jackman never wearing even a yellow t-shirt.

you think they'll agree with you that the most visible sign of blaxploitation in luke cage is now missing?

Have you EVER EVER picked up a comic book in your life?

Comic books =/= goofy ass shit.

This is how Cage looks like when he's goofy. Does it remind you of the show?

Iron Fist isn't even out yet.

"It just wouldn't fit the tone"

"Why do you man-babies want comic book stuff to just look like a comic book. Just go read a comic book."

"That's silly, comics aren't just for kids now."

Dude, they DON'T want to hear it. These faggots attack anyone that wants a bit of visual fidelity. At least Clooney wore the Batsuit.

Feel like I've seen this thread before, but oh well.
>In the same fucking show Luke literally makes fun of how he looks "like a damn fool" in his classic, iconic costume.
In the comics Luke dismisses his old wardrobe so that doesn't count for much.

Black characters in comic books are either 'angry nigger' or static shock.

t. The Mary Sue

Too many damn negros have electric powers.

That's almost exclusively a DC thing