Recent Purchases / Shelf Thread

Whatcha buying Sup Forums?

This is what I picked up in February, plus a couple extra things in my current to-read stacks

Other urls found in this thread:

edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/CatalogOverview.aspx?catalogID=4124130
edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sequence=18&group=catalog&mailingID=0&mailingGroupID=0&catalogID=4124131&org&sku=1506703631
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>buying Grayson trades right before we founds out an omnibus might be coming

condolences, OP

Same with that Fourth World omni. Bad luck OP

My wallet died for your sins

Why not, I just got a ton of shit in due to late night fits of depression anyway. New is the Hellboys, From Hell, God of Thunder and more Swamp Thing tpbs.

And yeah I know the shelf itself is a walmart brand piece of shit

Well I'm not the proud owner of all the Hellboy Library Editions. Got all four hardcovers for Battle Tendency and Rohan at the Louvre coming next week.
That's about it.

Best of luck with Sandman though! Is it your first time reading? Try to avoid spoilers if so. If you enjoy it, try Lucifer after (but not the 2015 series). Lucifer got condensed into five paperbacks of 13-16 issues each, so it is pretty affordable

>not
now*

> Fourth World omni.
> a single 1500+ page omni
Jesus DC why

Because it's cheaper than reprinting the four volumes?

Kirby's 100th. DC is doing the Kamandi Challenge and putting out this monstrosity, and Marvel is...making Captain America the leader of Hydra

There's a link on reddit to a publisher's page that apparently confirms that it is indeed the contents of the other four books, but the page is private and I can't verify it

The logical thing would be two volumes. Once you go over 800 pages it's not worth it to me.

Maybe the old prints will be cheaper as a result though.

Morrison's Doom Patrol is 1300, it's not *that* out there.

>Maybe the old prints will be cheaper as a result though.
More likely they'll do thick paperbacks once the omni is out of print

The Invisibles is 1536, which is the biggest DC/Vertigo omni released I think

Yeah it's a gap i've been meaning to fill forever. It's not nearly as wordy as I expected but it's still pretty slow going. Those Lucifer collections are a pretty great page/price ratio

Marvel's putting out the 50s Monster omnibuses

How does that work out for the reader?

It doesnt

I don't understand how someone can operate this. Not my picture, but shown for scale

It even looks disgusting

That thing could legitimately be used to kill people.

Keep in mind that Lucifer is not nearly as wordy as Sandman is, and the closest comparison to "higher capeshit" would be Hellboy, being not really capeshit at all. It is a 75 issue long action arc that barely has any breaks. You could jump the gun and technically start it after Sandman vol 4, but if you are observant, you will spoil Sandman for yourself

There are about four ish Sandman collections still to go. They're just not part of the main series. Nothing crazy, but if you love it, more to read.

Among them the one prequel that really must be read at the end. I thought pulling that off was a neat trick.

I've also got volume 4 of Punisher Max on the way along with Old Man Logan.
Can't wait for more Barracuda.

Damn thats a good sell on Lucifer. I'll probably pick it all up at once after finishing the main Sandman series.

Whats the reading order on the other Sandman trades?

I always thought it was weird how they had a different artist draw him for the first issue of Long, Cold Dark, he looked all skinny and had all his teeth, then in the next issue he's just good old 'Cuda again.
Overture comes after everything else, Dream Hunters doesn't really tie to anything so I'd say read it after volume 6 so it flows with all the other short stories there, Endless Nights I guess comes after volume 10 but before Overture.
Also Lucifer is goddamn amazing, I liked it way better than Sandman.

Also got Pug Davis,some floppies of Cerebus (thought the phone book ended at 28 so I have 29,30 and some 3D book) and some love and rockets.

Uh, the Death minis were written around when Sandman was coming out. So I guess after you know her for her collection.

It's basically just side stuff with no order.
Endless Nights was sort of sold as partially an epilogue.

Overture is the prequel best read at the end.

I don't even remember the names of the rest without looking on my shelf. Dream Hunters? Something else?

The Death stuff has characters from volume 5 so after volume 5.

Whooops. Been a loong time. Good catch.

So, after 5. From what I recall, her minis don't really loop back into the main narrative. So it can be read whenever. After 5.

Sandman is definitely better from a strictly literature standpoint, but I am a sucker for Heaven/Hell style stories, which is why I liked the first few seasons of Supernatural

> definitely better from a strictly literature standpoint
I have no idea what that means, all I know is that Lucifer was a more enjoyable lead and the situations he found himself in were more exciting and the settings explored had more going on than in Sandman.
I just love it when mythologies come together to punch each other.

When is that coming out?

September-October I think

This weeks buys. Any good?

I've been led to believe Lemire's stuff is good but the art put me off from reading any of it.

Blind buys, each for less than £4.

Only read Giant Days so far, but loved it.

I love his art, especially in Underwater Welder.

All from the past weekend. Photo was taken from a hotel room inb4 why isn't it on your shelf.

Been thinking of getting MW, how is it?

Sorry for this answer but I haven't read it yet. Just was in Melbourne for Adventure Time Live and was like fuck it I won't get the chance to buy these irl ever (only book store has only gossip girl manga more or less).

The Edelweiss/Above The Treeline/whatever page that gets linked on here when DC announces new shit says December 12.

Just means that if it's actually put out, I get a nice belated birthday gift, if that's the case.

Bravo DC

Anybody have the link to the new announced DC omnibus? like

see

Any of you fags got pics of the Star Wars Epics? Would love to see what they actually look like.

Alongside the ongoing Dredd Mega Collection, I've recently been diving into Flash comics in a pretty big way, and experimenting with some Rebirth series - so here's my current "reading" shelf.

I got it for ~£20 on eBay without a dust jacket about 9 months ago and can't bring myself to read it despite really wanting to - purely because of how cumbersome the fucker is.

stay the fuck away from morning glories
every issue adds more questions, nothing gets answered, and spencer wants to take it to 100 issues while barely having enough content to fill 20.
I check back with it every thirty or so issues and I still have no idea wtf is going on.

I wasn't going to buy the rebirth omnibus, but that spine is doing something to me.

That's not... that thick compared to regular books?

The book above it is over 800 pages. It's ridiculous.

Got these in yesterday. I wanted to finish up Summit of the Gods just in case it went out of print like most of the other Taniguchi stuff. I've also got RAV vol 2 and some other small press stuff in the mail.

Have you read Moby Dick yet? I'm interested in it. The art looks pretty cool.

Not that guy, but I honestly didn't like it at all. From what I remember, the pace was plodding and all over the place, and the art wasn't Tezuka's best. Kind of felt like Tezuka trying to prove how adult his works could be, but it fell flat for me. For his more adult works, I prefer Black Jack or Human Book of Insects.

Stumbled upon this on ebay a few days ago. Entire Morrison Animal Man run for 27 bucks and everything looks near mint. I really could not pass this up

Bought three complete series.

Nothing new for a month or two {except the bookcases...) - too much to save for - but will probably pick up Goon v4 and another few Scott Pilgrims for my birthday in May before starting on any new series.

Shit that sucks. I need to stop looking at these catalogs so far in advance. It's a never ending cycle of hype and disappointment

Don't do it user! There's a bigger one coming in the fall with added content

Guess what faggts

october 17

Awwww yissss

Day 1 buy, but what about the graphic novels and Hellboy in Mexico? They'll just be the way they are?

the graphic novels are fine like that. hellboy in mexico is just one of those trades that ill stay a trade. Im ok with that

Thanks!

My last pickups.

sauce?

Tell me how awful I am and what I do to improve my tastes

Shaming myself further since I forgot pic

Essex County is GOAT

How's the Gundam manga?

From the DC fish
>New Teen Titans Vol. 1 Omnibus (New Edition)
>Harley Quinn by Terry Dodson & Karl Kesel Vol. 1
>Absolute Justice League: The World's Greatest Superheroes by Alex Ross & Paul Dini (New Edition)
>DC Rebirth Omnibus Expanded Edition
>Harley Quinn: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1
>The Legion by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning Vol. 1
>Nightwing: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1
>Swamp Thing: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1
>Justice League International Omnibus Vol. 1
>Superman: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1
>Green Arrow: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1
>Wonder Woman: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1
>Absolute Authority Vol. 1 New Edition
>Justice League: The Darkseid War Saga Omnibus
>Grayson: The Superspy Omnibus
>Harley Quinn's Cover Gallery Deluxe Edition -LMAO
>JLA: The Nail/Another Nail Deluxe Edition
>Suicide Squad: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1
>Batman Knightfall Omnibus Vol. 2: Knightquest
>House of Secrets Omnibus Vol. 1
>JLA: A Midsummer's Nightmare Deluxe Edition
>Night Force by Marv Wolfman: The Complete Series
>Absolute Justice League: Origin
>Aquaman: The Atlantis Chronicles Deluxe Edition
>Batman: Detective Comics: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1
>Green Arow: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 1
>Batman & Robin by Peter Tomasi & Patrick Gleason Omnibus
>Batman: Hush 15th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
>Batman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 4
>Justice League of America: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1
>Batman: Year Two 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
>Batman: A Lot of Li'l Gotham
>Legionnaires Book Two
>Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus
>Shazam: A New Beginning 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
>Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5
>Absolute WildC.A.T.S.
>DC Universe by John Byrne - Didn't Marvel jut do this too lol
>JSA by Geoff Johns Book One
>Batgirl: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1
>DC Horror: House of Mystery Vol. 1
>Superboy Book One
>Justice League: The Detroit Era Omnibus
>Supergirl: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 2

>Superman: Kryptonite Deluxe Edition
>Anarky: The Complete Collection
>Lobo by Keith Giffen & Alan Grant Vol. 1
>Sebastian O/Mystery Play by Grant Morrison: The Deluxe Edition
>Trillium: The Deluxe Edition
edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/CatalogOverview.aspx?catalogID=4124130

>Fourth World Omni
And after I just spent a few hundred collecting the old ones....fuck.
>Justice League International Omni
But I stopped myself from getting these trades multiple times over the past year so yay!

edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sequence=18&group=catalog&mailingID=0&mailingGroupID=0&catalogID=4124131&org&sku=1506703631

>start collecting physically last year
>chasing OOP omnis

>this year looks even more expensive
>only new books
>even with the discounted prices

fuck

rank the rebirth stuff you have finished out of 10
I have the omni and I probably would have done the same

I use it as a grimoire

it actually arrived in the mail today

>1500 pages
Did DC improve with their Omnibus making yet?

just a question: how do you guys read your omnis?
I actually have only two of those, the Invisibles and the Wolverine by Aaron omni
I read both of those sitting at a table because it would be uncomfortable otherwise
the Wolverine one is only half the size of the Invisibles, but still, I only like to read it at said table
so I'm not sure why thickness is such a big concern for you guys

I read mine in bed, it's the only way really. Either on my belly with it resting against the wall or on back with a pillow in my lap.

Well I guess I better buy it then. I've been putting it off.

I'm convinced that DC and their readers hates ostrander

also the next moebius library volume finally

Not extensive, but this is most of it.

nice
specially since the omni seems to have gone OOP

>spectre cancelled
>no martian manhunter
>no manhunter
>no wasteland
>only skawd is being printed because of the movie
seriously

It's pretty faithful to the anime, which is a classic. I would recommend it.

Nah I havent read MD yet

hype

also hype

>spectre cancelled
Still a little salty about this desu.

most recent were neat stuff and starseeds

Hipster, but I like you

I actually like it much better than the original show and the movies. It switches some events around and cuts unnecessary filler. It also really fleshes out Chars childhood.

The volumes itself are easily the best made manga volumes I own. Both the binding and paper quality are great.

How is Spanish Fever?

Might buy vol 1 then, cheers.

It's a good sampler if you no nothing or little about Spanish cartoonists although some famous ones are in it like Max, David Rubin and Paco Roca

Giant beanbag.
The only ones I've had that were a hassle were simondon Thor and the first 2 JSA omnis. I sold those.

thanks, but looks like most of the new books aren't on amazon yet

Conceivably when there's enough material for one. So when that next graphic novel is out with some extra time to let it sell. So like a year? Maybe?