Gunnerkrigg Court

Hooray!

WELL THEN

it was only a dream they said

its just annie filtering her doubts and insecurities through a dream red they said

Annie BTFO

What fools we were back then

this will have a positive effect on Annie.

what's the hat for? She got a job?

That was an uncommonly shitty chapter.

It's not actually something Annie should listen to at all, because Red genuinely doesn't comprehend empathy or altruism so we're just gong to waste time with Annie being depressed until her actual friends tell her how full of shit Red is.

The only possibly good outcome is we might not actually see Red and Ayilu again, which is good because Red probably won't get decked in the face.

>ayilu's going to stop red and defend annie they said

What the fuck Tom?

We said the same things when she and Reyn fought, and when her dad confronted her about cheating on her homework. Why do we keep gunning for dream sequences? I don't even think Tom even did one dream sequence.

Yeah
Giving Annie the business is a full time job
Benefits, 3 weeks holiday, the works

We don't know if it's over yet.

yeah she got a job at a north korean factory

Did you not see the chapter end logo?

>chapter end symbol
>chapter isnt over yet

this is way more refreshing than when cartoons do it and completely gloss over something horrible that happened with some stupid ass joke.

>"Eh fuck 'em, I've never liked them anyways."
If that's Annie's reaction after this I'll be laughing my lungs out.

>everyone except them were committed to doing this all along
>nah annie is just selfish and pressured this into it what a bitch lol
???????

nope.

Well somebody should have said this sooner or later.

Annie has been surrounded by uncritical unablers her whole life. She needs the occasional wake-up call.

Fuck off Red.

Noice

Tom is ruthless. But shock value aside I want to see what the the rest of the gang has to say about what happened. Unlike the fairies they have the awareness and autonomy to make their own decisions and take responsibility for their actions. They all had some stake in this. Smitty, protecting the order between the forest and the court; Parley, finding resolution with Jeanne and fulfilling her role as another protector of the court; Kat, solving the mystery of Diego's dark past surrounding Jeanne and the robots obsession with her as well as allowing for her to finally be put to rest. Cmon they were just as complicit in what happened as Annie

Sorry Kat but even a machine god like you won't make me change my statement.

Except she's wrong and an idiot.

Kat, Parley, and Smitty weren't doing this because Annie said so, they did it because they're good people who recognized what a cruel and unfair fate to which Jeanne had been bound, and if Annie raises these objections, they'll probably get mad at her for thinking it was all about her. This is fucking stupid.

Yeah, I just can't buy Red being the one to have this big grand speech.

If I was Tom I would have had Parley deliver the rant instead.

Yeah it's not like those people were fully aware of what was going to happen.

user I'm a solider and I don't blame the government whenever I get shot at. I mean it doesn't make me like them more, but still.

>someone shouldve called her out on going ahead with the plan that everyone except the faries joined and participated of their own free will knowing full well the possible consequences
wew

ANNIE PUT ON SUICIDE WATCH

>solider
>as opposed to liquider

Nah, Parley was the second-biggest fan of the free-Jeanne-plan. While it'd be more excusable maybe, it'd be even more bullshit because you can at least understand how an emotionally retarded asshole like Red could have come to those conclusions.

fucking Christ autocorrect.

Annie may not have been able to defend herself here, but that doesn't mean Tom's portraying Red as objectively correct.

This is the worst part. Maybe if it was Blue saying it I would understand but you can't just have one of your characters act completely out of character purely to deliver some weird fucking pointless guilt trip that doesn't even have any validity. Unless this shit gets resolved in the next chapter instantly this is going to be first time I've ever seen the term "forced drama" used appropriately.

Parley's too preoccupied with making sure her husbando isn't going to be permafucked by this event. For all she knows the Psychopomps are doing the Monkey's Paw.

That second panel speaks volumes. If it wasn't clear Red was just making shit up the whole time before, it is now. She doesn't actually know what she's talking about and just wants Annie to feel as horrible as possible for Red's bitch almost getting killed.

>never talk to me or my son again

I genuinely can't tell if Tom's own sense of morals are so warped he actually believes in what Red is saying, or he decided to have a whole chapter be nothing but Red "calling out Annie" only her objections don't actually make sense.

Like I really hope it's not the former, but what could the latter even accomplish? Does he just not want to write Red and Ayilu anymore?

Pssh, Red is Fae, shell either carry this slight to her grave or forget about it within the next hour.

Probably both. At her own convenience.

character development nigga

Does Tom even want to write GC anymore?

What if this is the start of a The Producers type con to get people to stop reading

This chapter feels like a bit of both. Red's got some points but more likely it's to shift blame onto another person.

It'll all be worth it when the first page of the next chapter has Parley dropkicking Red in the face.

PLOT TWIST, ANNIE KILLS HERSELF. STORY IS NOW ABOUT ZIMMY AND GAMMA.

Hooray! It was the worst chapter ever! And I genuinely love this comic but like, goddamn. Annie deserves to be called out for some shit but this was just unfairly brutal and also just, badly out of character for Red.
She didn't need to be there, she AND Aliyu both knew about Jeanne from the exact same point Annie did so she shouldn't talk like neither of them weren't aware of the danger. Just because they can die for proper this time doesn't mean shit either.
Plus, if Red knew all along that they were all getting into a situation with Stabby McStabsalot all because Annie promised Aliyu a name, how come she never called that out before?
Even if Annie is asking Aliyu to hold a ladder while Annie replaced a lightbulb with the promise of giving Aliyu a name, it's STILL disrespectful because Annie doesn't have to give up anything for the help. Red definitely would have known this from the start because she was a package deal in all this. Annie could have been called out on that from the start and all of this could have been avoided.
Again, everything everyone else was pointing out as well.
Parley was moved by what happened to Jeanne while also wanting the challenge, Smitty is also a package deal as well as being helpful and also, he's the court medium. He's got to get involved with shit like this anyway.
And Kat is Annie's best friend, she and Annie know Jeanne's story and they were both equally invested in solving the problem for their own reasons. And also Robot was there for Robot's reasons.
Everyone's motivations were their own and valid. Annie could and should have been more aware of how much she was dumping on everyone and how her favor was uneven in Aliyu's case, but other than that, this was unfair and lame.
I miss Rey. Rey's reasoning is usually pretty sound, he should have been involved with the mission, even if he still belongs to Kat, he could have helped.

Using Red as the voice of 'reason' for such a shitty roast is something out of Dumbing of Age or Least I Could Do.

If the next chapter results in the cast going "Red was right" or something like that, I'm done with this shit.

Alternatively, I hope Blue gets run over by a car because of Red and Annie is her psychopomp

gotta listen to the train conductor Red, she makes the trains run on time

>that hat

Who's ready for DEEPEST LORE after another 30 unrelated chapters to make everyone forget it happened

>And also Robot was there for Robot's reasons.
holy shit i forgot robot was there

shhhhh Annie is going to cut herself and start sleeping with George's friend while shooting herion

>Annie was chewed up and spat out this chapter

Good
Now make her wallow in her own filth and self pity, Tom
Make her suffer some more

rip Annie

Literally none of the cast other than them would agree with Red. Even Parley who has the biggest reason to be pissed "Husbando nearly died because Annie wanted to strike a deal with Psychopomp assholes."

What the hell was that

You said that when Annie's dad dropped a couple of bombs on annie's psyche.

>we got this garbage instead of finding out if robot is okay

Was he even supposed to be there? If he was, he really misread the signals. Now he eats through a mechanical straw.

He'll walk it off, he's been cut in half before.

Everyone forgot Robot was there. Even Robot.

The sequel to "This is why you don't copy your friend's homework", "Being a leader kind of blows."

Man does Tom hate Annie or something? When was the last time anything good to her happened?

>Now he IS a mechanical straw
FTFY

Nah but people are probably going to blame Annie for the upcoming confrontation between the forest and the court. How much more shit can she take?

She got her hair clip back.

Coyote getting mad at Tony and telling him to let Annie out of her room.

She got a cute haircut!

Honestly it was robots fault that ayilu was attacked and smitty got stabbed. It was probably apart of his grand scheme

he's channeling kazerad until he updates again

REMOVE

FAE

Stupid
Dumb
Fae
Scum

Tom just did, hopefully.

That was honestly pretty cathartic after months of Tony bullshit

STONE
FUCKING
COLD

Was getting cut part of his plan?

>now all her peers know the true splendor of my Goddess
>Diego is a false god
>Heretics be burned and their servos fried

This is true, but if the court does blame her, they'd have to admit they were directly responsible for a murder. Hell, a double murder from both the Court and Forest side. I'd love to see how they try to justify the killing of someone who didn't actually commit a crime and a forest citizen who wouldn't technically be under the court's laws and restrictions anyway.

that just set the things in motion!

also Annie is the Drumpf of the Court

They can play it off as it being the decision of the Old Court. Then again aside from toying with Tony they don't really do much.

>your forced your friends to do things and they could never speak up
>now i take my leave as I make decisions for me and this retarded bitch I just named
What a complete cunt.

Nah she's the more the whipping boy. Her authority is largely superficial, only worthwhile in combat with forest folk and willingly takes the fall for her friends.

Red was already a shitty character, but this chapter ruined anything good about her.

this is complete bullshit

She's a faerie, of course she's a flighty bitch. Once again the Forest makes its point clear. That point being "fuck you Annie and all you stand for."

Can Tom redeem himself after this?

I know where's the random passerby that deflates all the emotional tension?

court vs forest war with immediate background character deaths

Honestly it depends on how the rest of the group reacts. Fairies have always been dumb stupid assholes, but if anyone other than Parley is mad at Annie then fuck it.

>Red soberly delivering rehearsed talking points about how Annie is a horrible manipulative person

Where the fuck did this even come from? Who is this character? This is so painfully forced/meta that I'm half surprised Tom didn't include some kind of commentary on Brexit.

That's true, but even then, it still a long-running cover up. And don't forget, the reason they're toying with Tony is because of their Omega device which have we confirmed is the name of that thing sucking the ether out of the Annan waters? I don't remember if that's confirmed or not.
Either way, they're still being really creepy and sneaky.

Annie in desperate need of validation takes a random lonely schoolboy as a yes man.

Man, I like disliking Annie but I don't like disliking Red

This is bottom tier, the kind of lousy storytelling I never thought Tom would stoop down to. Artificial drama and illogical protagonist hammering at its best.

Except she's been called out the one time it wasn't needed.

Oh yeah there's that too. In a meta way that's how the court works. They are so inconspicuously dull and grey that you ignore them in favor of more interesting time bombs like Robot's Omnissiah cult.

I have a solution to this whole terrible chapter - A bunch of orks drop down to earth and the entire story has been revealed to have taken place in the 40k universe, explaining the 'belief can change reality shit along with the aether as part of the Warp

I don't get it. Is this thread just a few morons spamming iterations of the same post or what?
Red's not the voice of reason, this is just the introduction of a new plot. She's not speaking for Kat, Parley or Smitty.

So far Annie has messed with anything she wanted and there were no consequences. Now that they went too far it's time to explore it. Seriously guys, you will complain about anything. First it was because there never were consequences, and then you complained because there were. You also complained because Annie was a little shit who dragged everybody into something they have no business with for no reason, and now that she's being called out you complain too.

Red sounds different? Of course, she's mad at Annie. Is she right about everything she said? Hell no. She's a dumb fairy. You're complaining both because you want to believe she's being used as the voice of reason and because her complaints are not legitimate. Maybe you should consider she's not the voice of reason?

Well, then... Fuck you too, you judgemental little dyke shit

I have a better solution. Next chapter is group cheering up Annie and we can forget this chapter ever happened. The only lesson Annie's going to learn here is more self loathing. And Annie's not the type that's good at comebacks.

>help me fight this incredibly dangerous ghost and I'll give you something
>sure thing annie
>hey they ghost was pretty dangerous, why didn't you give us a choice