Did anyone expect this to be good?

Did anyone expect this to be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sTAqDQQiucM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

I still think the Emoji movie will be worse though.

>Boss Baby was better than Iron Fist

Is that surprising to you?

Children did

>Did anyone expect this to be good?

No. Talking babies are a premise that almost never works. Rugrats is one of the only notable exceptions.

Is Iron fist actually that bad or is it just a meme

>movie based on exec kid's favorite children book.
What a shocker.

hell no

it's legitimately bad

SJWs are butthurt because MC isn't asian

that's the minority of the complaints about the shit show

Yes. Not me, but when it was announced a bunch of people here thought it looked good.

Well, will see when it comes out
Still need to watch Luke

That's not how RT ratings work, retard.

Is it even out yet?

This movie will always make me think of pic related.

Before people get in a tizzy, reminder that the person running Iron Fist was the person responsible for the last 3 seasons of Dexter.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's fucking garbage on it's own.

DC paying RT for bad scores

Oooooh that explains so much

>WB paying themselves for bad reviews

They sneakily slip the money from their left pocket into their right pocket.

Are these the same sjw upset that Domino or Valkyrie isn't white?

"I'm mad this white character is white" = "I'm mad this girl with white skin OR A FUCKING NORSEWOMAN isn't white"

Seriously, a black Valkyrie? Really? That's like that student videogame I saw with a Greek Goddess who looked like she was fresh out of sub-Saharan Africa

Should've remade Boss Nigger in a cartoon form instead.

>Seriously, a black Valkyrie? Really?
This is still as bullshit as when retards complained about Idris Elba in Thor 1. These aren't actual literal Norse gods, they're cosmic beings that the Norse people based their myths upon, they can make them look like whatever the fuck they want.

>That's like that student videogame I saw with a Greek Goddess who looked like she was fresh out of sub-Saharan Africa
They're gods, they can and do make themselves look like whatever the fuck they want. We have tons of modern depictions of Greek gods where they wear modern clothes, and most depictions of them make them fucking white anyway when actual Greeks looked like modern spics or dagos.

What is this movie even about? I thought that it was about a businessman as a baby, but apparently Dreamworks is advertising the baby as a spy? Seriously, this complete lack of consistency was a massive red flag.

I saw an ad where baby and the larger boy (His older brother?) fought over a kid car so I'm even more confused about premise.

Guess we found the upset sjw

I avoided every trailer for it, then I went and saw Lego Batman and was forced to bare witness to it

it haunted me

It honestly could have been good, but no, I didn't expect it to be.

Depressing since Prince of Egypt is one my favourite animated movies ever. How do you go from something so grand and beautiful to this

Everything CAN be good. Good writing can overcome any stupid premise.

there's no limits to how grand or how shit Dreamworks can be

From what I got from the trailers it really confuses me. Apparently he was sent by some Baby Organization to find out out why babies aren't getting enough love, but he tries to work with other babies who act like normal babies. So are babies supposed to be smart or not in this universe? If there's some kind of Central Baby Agency, how come some babies aren't a part of it? How come everyone else thinks babies aren't secretly intelligent? The concept blows my mind. Who greenlighted this?

But I like the premise. Has a Calvin and Hobbes quality. Like early Family Guy Stewie. But they didn't play it that way. And it sounds like they didn't play it any single way at all but just a cheap gag on top of a hodgepodge.

Nope not till Friday. Only reviews from those that watched half a season preview.

user. The movie is called "Boss Baby." The title alone brings to mind some kind of "Far Side" strip, or parody show within a show you'd see on something like Gravity Falls or something. Because the idea is just so dumb that you can really only imagine a singular punchline is involved.

>something or something
Man I'm tired.

It's a kids movie solely for kids. Listening to what Rotten Tomatoes reviewers have to say is already inherently faggy and retarded in itself but it's even worse when y'all do it for a kids movie. Especially one with a premise that CLEARLY is only enjoyable for kids, it's not like a Disney movie or anything; it's like Air Buds, talking animals and talking babies are only funny to children and if you actually paid tickets to this and expected to enjoy it while being over the age of 6, you deserve what you got.

Whoever decided to put that guy in charge should be swiftly kicked in the balls.

dont think about it too hard, user

I'll say this for the Emoji movie; it challenges my preconceived notions about Hollywood.
I thought they were just businessmen like any other, who only care about making money, but then I see shit like the Emoji movie and I ask, "Who thinks they're going to get rich off this shit? How bad does an idea have to be before nobody wants anything to do with it?"

I believe that at some point of organization's growth, not being blamed for failure becomes more important than actually succeeding. Hollywood executives don't look for ideas that are good. They looked for ideas that would let them say "Well, it looked good on paper, so it's not my fault it failed".

So popular fad adaptation is the obvious choice.

We can't know for sure.

Majority of complaints is about Danny being FUCKING WHITE.

However, it is consistently stated that first six episodes are in fact boring and don't have any mystical shit innit, which is literally what every fan of Iron Fist is looking forward to. Top fighting and mystical shit.

To me, personally, lack of good fighting is surprising, because directors they hired know their stuff.

Reviewers also circlejerk over Colleen.

I didn't expect this to be good, but I expected it to be at least competent. I would be shocked if the numbers stay this bad. If Dreamworks can throw $80 million at a movie for it to score as poorly as those South American Pixar knock-offs rendered on refurbished e-machines running pirated software, then why are they still in this business.

>this post is better than Iron Fist

Does pic related still have a chance or did Dreamworks kill it?

>that's the minority of the complaints
heh

Shh, don't question it too hard, lest it becomes a forced meme like Bee Movie

Interesting. I was ready to just put it down to all the cocaine they do.

That's not a bad waifu you got there.

Why is he Boss Baby if he's more like a secret agent?

>oh you silly nords your religion is just you misinterpreting aliens :)
And yet somehow this is acceptable

THET PUSHED HTTYD FOR THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Donald Trump could respond to every SNL skit Alec Bladwin does by just tweeting the trailer to this movie.

its dead bro

>Fuck with and ultimately sabotage Popeye, a previously established property known positively by the general public
>Replace it with a movie about Emojis, little smiley faces on your phone

It's like Sony hates money.

>Popeye
dont remind me

>Boss baby is WORSE than Rock Dog

it's awwright

I've convinced myself that the whole movie is just the boy as an adult looking back on how his childish imagination interpreted the fear of being replaced by his new baby brother. He recounts it to his children to entertain them and they can only picture the baby version of their uncle with the adult voice and businessman persona that they're familiar with.

That same person is also directing the Inhumans show
>tfw waiting for the Inhuman push to crash and burn for Marvel

At least Gennedy got to make Samurai Jack S5 instead.

idk, I love Megamind and this movie's character design seems to be the same. I am interested for BRrip.

Its a joke that lasts maybe five minutes, tops.

Isn't that consistent with Dreamworks? Their quality can be bipolar

What is this even about? Just a baby that talks like an adult? Is it a world of babies, or the "real" world with one super intelligent baby?

Is it Baby Genuises 3: Baby Businessmen?

>Still looking forward to HTTYD3 after they revealed the central conflict

Sad.

Is this Look Who's Talking 3?

Has there EVER been a good movie about a talking baby? Hell, has there ever been a good movie with a baby as the main character?

Its Genndy

>Hell, has there ever been a good movie with a baby as the main character?
Does it count if they grow up halfway into the movie

Is Popeye gone for good or was it just pushed aside?

its not Disney...so of course it would get shit on

get fucked, most complaints are not his skin color, the show just straight up sucks dick.

Hard to say, especially since Sony hasn't said anything!

Was Megamind their last great movie?

That would be kung fu panda 2

Dreamworks is the most inconsistent company as far as quality. I always want to defend them for Prince of Egypt, Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2 and how to train your dragon etc. Then I remember they make shot like this and don't bother.

But it's pretty easy to see why someone thought it would make money.
>everyone knows and likes emojis
>therefore they'll love a movie about them
It's not that they're not greedy, they're just stupid and probably out of touch.

>Majority of complaints is about Danny being FUCKING WHITE.
Bullshit. That's not a thing. It's a minority of voices.

phhhh. no.

name one good movie about a baby. it's impossible. it can't happen. everyone who doesn't have or want a baby of their own fucking hates babies because babies are ugly shapeless blobs of flesh, noise, and poop. in some religions you don't even get a soul until you're four.

But iron fist was always white.

It's almost like it's a fictional comic book movie or something.

Why be so butthurt about this anyway? Do you really care about stupid-ass pagan religions that much?

Cычyй. Двaчyй.

>name one good movie about a baby
Gamera 3 had baby Irys
youtube.com/watch?v=sTAqDQQiucM

Perhaps I should have been more specific.

No

Every time I see a trailer for this on YouTube I die inside.

would they not be nervous from the internet showing visible angst from the shots of the film and the immediate uproar that the trailer created?

they still STILL do the dreamworks eyebrow even after it became a huge meme

slav svinya uebivay

>trailer
>on youtube
>not adblocking the shit out of youtube
How do you live?

I think it's because emoji's seem to be a weird fad among young kids.
Seeing lot's of emoji toys and plushies around these days.

Reviewers have only seen the first six episodes or something, but they all seem to agree they're not that great, would think Netflix/Marvel would have seen that coming and given the reviewers a complete season but ask they not spoil anything or put a review embargo or something. Too much setup is bound to cause it's ratings to be lower, plus I imagine the series itself is also just setting up Defenders.
Other criticism seems to be that he's not asian, meaning the reviewers have never read comic books. As an asian dude myself, don't really give a fuck. If you want to see asians in movies and tv, they have their own fucking markets, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese, sjw's can piss off.

The trailers were trash, so no.

DUDE TOILET HUMOR LMAO.

>non Disney animated movie trashed by critics
water is wet
fire is hot
the sky is blue