Batman #19: I Am Bane, I Am Sane, I Am In Sane, I Am Insane

Bane was born in one of the worst places on Earth.

Now he's going to enter THE worst place on the planet.

"BEDLAM IN THE BELFRY!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
youtube.com/watch?v=NpwFim_oVsc
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, he warned you.

I wonder if he's still mad about what happened in ASB.

Yup. He's still Mad. In both senses of the word.

Aw, dang it.

I should have titled this: I Am Bane, I Am Sane, I Am In, I Am Insane

Page of the Year Contender.

Neo-Bendis Powers Activate!

Guess who

Time's up!

Crane Style!

Thanks for the storytime!!!

Sorry, Scareclods. No Arkham Knight contrivances today!

And a MASSIVE apology to all you Dick fans, Jason fans, and Damian fans!

youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM

Given his current shtick, Crane would probably be grateful if Bane actually causes him to feel fear.

I really think you could make a good Flamingo one-shot story that stresses his "Evil Zorro" aspect with Bruce brooding over how even that childhood icon of his isn't immune from villainy and perversion.

Dropped.

Pre-order 1,000,000,000 copies of the new Bane ongoing NOW!

Look at how awesome he is! Knightfall, yes. KNIGHTFALL!

PRE-ORDER TODAY!!! NOW! NOW! NOW!

Why is a zombie an Asylum patients?

Batman just call superman you pussy.

It's Gotham, man. They let them go every week anyway.

King doesn't give a damn about the other Bat Books. Let him quote William James in peace! Just like that fan comic where Batman and Joker fell out of that blimp did!

shit book.

Why must King insist on starting internet flame wars?

As a former shota prison bitch, Bane is an expert on Low Blows.

Defeated by Calendar Man. Of all fucking people. Without throwing so much as a punch.

Pain rhymes with Bane.

Was Riddler always this attractive???

Yes. He's just such a giant fucking nerd he can't help but fuck himself over.

Not untrue

Oh, that was Maxie! I was already wondering wtf was an ordely doing spitting out poetry.

Why would he when he has Riddler as his bestest best buddy?

If the Calendar Man is gonna beat bane, it better be without throwing a punch

When did Bane defeat the Justice League and kill Gotham?

Why must King waste page space on underwhelming spreads?

The fuck about that page got you mad?

>war of jokes and riddles
2nd time thats been brought up

"War of Jokes and Riddles" is the name of the fourth Batman Rebirth trade, right after "I AM Bane".

Guess that will be the next arc.

i wonder what the motivation is in amplifying the capabilities of all these characters so exponentially is. It doesn't ensure the stakes are raised it just desensitizes the reader to this kinda shit. Like c'mon with this shit

>Entire issue is the reversal of Knightfall

Pottery!

Calendar Man is becoming very 4th wall aware.

Did you not get the riddle there? He didn't have to bypass the new genesis tech because there was a flaw in the tech it was hooked up to he could exploit instead. How do people need EVERYTHING spelled out for them on this level? I get the point of Silver Age exposition sometimes after reading storytimes.

Bane beat Dick, Jason, and Damain, with little-to-no effort, off-panel so that King could make a shock book ending where Bane had them all hanging from nooses in the Batcave.

People didn't want to accept that it was the real Robins, just some random dudes Bane dress up like them. But Bruce on that page just confirmed it was the real Robins.

i dunno gotta rely on your artist i guess. Tom has made himself out to be a man of few words with this run, so i've come to expect this kind of thing. And repetition.

youtube.com/watch?v=NpwFim_oVsc

>now

I think being given a "sure thing" title like Batman has maimed his creativity and competence.

King Bruce is even dumber than Snyder Bruce.

Not quite Scarface Hand-tier, but it's up there.

Yeah, I didn't know who that was until I read the placard either.

Since New52, I think. Made him younger anyway.

Storytime of BANE.

Because the Fire RISES! He loves his crappy TDKR memes.

True enough.

It probably wasn't that great.

It probably won't be that great.

Gotta legitimize their A-List popularity with normiess.

Most people want the answer handed to them. Probably why the Riddler isn't one of the more popular rogues.

That was confirmed a couple issues ago.

DUDE King does this prose quoting shit like every single issue two or three times

So, Batman's set things up to BREAK YOU! Bane?

why are you quoting a dozen+ posts?

You idiots do get how Riddler hacked the door right?

I think storytiming OPs should be afforded these priveleges in their threads

please, do share

read the damn story idiot

he hacked the other side of the rope, he didn't have to break through new genesis tech

Of course, honestly I would have never understood without you, then now, why Bruce left open that door??? anyway thanks user and thanks OP for the storytiming.

I had figured it was a closed system, that's actually a pretty glaring flaw. You're right though my bad. I guess my first reaction compounded with the Bane wanking to make me leap to the conclusion Riddler was being wanked in this book too.

those anons insisting those weren't actually the Robins hung in the cave are feeling pretty damn stupid right now...

fuck off damianfag

...the fuck?

Finch's art never has, and never will be worth a splash page. I'm no Kingfag but his Batman run deserves better than Finch.

Finch is a good artist.
Get over it.

>Not impossible
>Bane

Must resist the urge to do a CIA joke.

Finch is good at drawing monsters and uber muscular dudes. With the right inker, he shines even more. That worked for moon knight and is working for this, i think, but that doesn't make him a good artist, far from it.
His action is stiff, his characters lack expressivemess and suffer from massive same face, all his women look like inflated plastic dolls.

Batman will be saved by Gotham Girl, screencap this.
Also, I like King and all, but why does he hate Batman so much?

So what awful thing did Batman do THIS time? It'd be nice for Batman to be superhero that spends his nights protecting the innocents again instead of either indirectly causing all of Gotham's problems or being a useless shit head that lets his city fall to ruin every other weekend and needs others to bail his ass out.

I like how bane pretends he was ever going to go get the fucking puzzler.

As if that douchebag is going to do better.

I CAN'T STANDS NO MORE

this reminds me of a similar thing in Secret Six now that I see Hatter there. He used to hypnotize himself to make himself happy and fulfilled.

>Maxie Zeus
Is this his first appearance in the New 52/Rebirth continuity?

How strong are Solomon Grundy and Amygdala supposed to be?

How did he beat Dr.Phosphorus if dr doesn't feel pain?

Pretty lame excuse for not calling the JL

>BECAUSE I'M BATMA-I MEAN BANE!

Wait, if Hush is already in Arkham, how did Alfred pretend to bring Hush into Arkham?
And what's stopping Hush from telling everyone that Bruce Wayne is Batman anyway?

>Batman let Zsasz out
Fuck you Bruce, over the fucking line.

more than bane
less than bane

Yeah, you gotta wonder how many inmates and employees Zsasz murdered befor Bane showed up.

I'm going to admit this issue actually got my HYPED for the next issue.

I've been consistently criticising King for his decompression of arcs, but this issues - while being a nothing but hyping it up issue - has me pretty excited for the next issue.

Finch just needs to draw the FUCK out of a Batman v Bane fight and I'll legit forgive King for his decompression.

Like, I want fifteen or sixteen pages of brawling. I want this to be like the time Superman died to Doomsday, but with Bane and Batman, and Batman being triumphant.

You seem awfully mad OP.

dig that BS and FF still have their all star look

>all his women look like inflated plastic dolls.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

He is massively better based on who his inked is though, you're definitely right on that. His stuff in Ascension looks so much better than this, and it's clearly just the inker, his pencils haven't really changed at all between then and now.

Solomon Grundy shouldn't be in Arkham fucking Asylum anyway.

He's a fucking literal zombie magic monster, not a goddamn mental patient.

The authorities probably saw a grey retarded freak who did nothing but repeat a nurery rhyme and figured "let Arkham deal with this shit".

He's almost as strong as Superman, dude.

(Yes, yes, Grundy's power level and personality varies from incarnation to incarnation, but come on.)

I Am Bump

I like the JL cartoon's explanation that Arkham is where you dump sick or injured supervillains

>Crane gets off on people describing their gas induced nightmares
That's cool. I hope King brings him back.

I want King off this book so bad.

What time of the year does the comic take place during?

They've JUST established in "Rebirth" that Calendar Man is a season-connected metahuman.

I'm mad because he said 'son' not 'sons'.

>inb4 >>/tumblr/

The hallmark of a true hack who convinces people he has depth.

Damn OP you seem to really not like this book.

>Pre-order 1,000,000,000 copies of the new Bane ongoing NOW!

I wish I could.

god you're dumb

>motherfucking Bane getting the jump on a couple of kids
>mad

I'd understand if he'd blitzed Cass without breaking a sweat or something but...c'mon.

god I hate those costumes

Shh. Now is not the time for critical thinking. Now is the time for mindless punching scenes and Kingfags to tell everyone how amazing it is.

>people getting mad that Bane could beat all the (ex-)robins.

Sad.

>hanged

Isn't it hung?

>Batman putting people in danger just to delay Bane

And people will still claim this is a well written Batman

I didn't want to accept it because it was dumb as hell. How are they still alive. Did Bane only string them up about 10 seconds before Bruce got there? That bothers me far more than the off panel fight we missed.

No. Pictures and dicks can be hung, people are always hanged.