SAMURAI JACK FLOPPED

Only 1,552,000 watched 1st episode.
showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-3-11-2017.html
And it's tanked toonami too, because Dragon Ball always was above 1 million, now it's under it.

Other urls found in this thread:

itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/samurai-jack-season-5/id1205602526
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Those are huge numbers, this is a board of comic fans where if something sells 60 thousand copies it's a smash hit.
Fuck off back to Sup Forums now.

1: Who cares, it's already being finished.
2: Look at those fucking numbers all-around. Nobody's watching cable anymore. Even sports are struggling.

>Alvin and the Chipmunks got more views than Jack did

Add on another 40000 for online numbers

A million and a half viewers for a show on at 11pm on Saturday Night that isn't some kind of college sport is fantastic. And you'll notice the reason it's #2 on that list is because it did the best 18-49 demo rating of the night, only behind the ACC Tournament, which is a special attraction guaranteed to do big ratings.

Even if you look at these numbers as a disappointment, it's by no means a flop.

Samurai Jack was not a flop.

The rest of the Toonami block? I'll give you that.

>flopped
the series is ending. rating don't mean shit

>Nascar XFinity Series
fucking kek

1.5 million for 10:30pm cartoon on a cable channel is p good

Apparently, Sup Forums don't know how ratings work.

There is a reason why Samurai Jack is the second show on that table: the demo is the second hightest of the night.

DEMO is the most important factor in ratings. Total viewers is just a funny anecdote

in other words:Samurai Jack was the second BEST show on the night, it didn't flop by any means.

Explain what the ranks are because SJ is #2.

Also it's weird to see how badly sports does.

That's actually really good, most of CN's kids shows are struggling to hit a million nowadays.
Also it's not like it matters at all seeing as it's a limited series that is already completed.

Demographic is only important if you have a particular way to monetize the demographic better than the others. The young demographic is important because that means more toy sales. The 18-49 demographic used to be important because that's where yuppies with expendable income learn about what cars and gadgets will make their neighbor's jealous. But when they're watching Adult Swim....

So unless Adult Swim has figured out a way to monetize the Kickstarter, twitch donater demographic, I don't think the 18-49 egg is as valuable as the M 12-34 one it's sporting.

>flopped
>Ranked second
Why must you lie?

What's wrong with NASCAR?

those ratings arent bad.
and even if it does flop...the shows production is over.

>meme cartoon taylor made for reddit flops

Shocker

meh, but that means least memester for the rest of the show, and they already made the episodes anyway so it's not like they can cancel it.

lazy

>flopped
>#2

????

Pretty much dead last in all other demographics, but would be number 1 with old fucks if the ACC wasn't going on. Who knew rednecks lived that long.

It's [AS].
Even shit like Eric Andre or MDE barely break a million. Barely.

elena :(

>Demographic is only important if you have a particular way to monetize the demographic better than the others.

And that's why Jack its a success, adult fans are more willing to spend money on it now than they were 10 years ago.

Samurai Jack has been all over the internet these past weeks, its a triunfal return on every way.

>most highest-rated cartoon
>flopped

Okay OP.

It would have been a lot higher if they didn't put it out for streaming first.

People should realise that ratins are becoming a thing from the past

It's made by Genndy Tartakovsky, not some fuck named Taylor.

Isn't that really good considering other shows' ratings on CN these days?

I don't even have a tv subscription, so I watched it online on the AS website. I doubt those numbers are taken into account, and they'd be interesting to see.

>still using Neilson ratings

Th only metric that matters is iTunes/Amazon/Google sales and merch sales.

itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/samurai-jack-season-5/id1205602526

Why do 18-34 year olds not matter to Adult Swim?

The stream only had 40000 viewers m8. Not much of a loss

Ratings are an archaic, outdated method of measuring a shows success and seeing how many viewers watched a it at a given time. It's time to get rid of cable and join online streaming like everyone else grandpa.

>#2
>flopped

>r-r-ratings don't matter!

Jej

>It's time to get rid of cable and join online streaming

Wish this could happen, but a lot of places in America still don't have highspeed internet. ISP and cable companies are corrupt as fuck when it comes to limiting internet services to keep a fledgling industry to keep going.

and those Toonami cucks said this would beat Akame ga Kill

That doesn't count streaming, though. That's how I watched it since I don't have cable.

How is that a flop?

Contrarians are a cancer.

Because the show it replaced (Family guy reruns) did better and it brought down the shows after it (DBS/DBZ)

I watched after some kind user uploaded the 1080p copy, I haven't watched TV in half a decade.
Think anons are right when they say ratings are bullshit.

>Taylor
Do you mean Tartakovsky? Nigga what are you talking about?

Tim Taylor

>1.5 million views is considered bad
fucking inflation

This is the reason why the ratings flopped. The target audience doesn't watch TV.

>1.5 million
>flopped

That's just how many people watched it on TV and had a Nielsen box. The stream and VOD count as views as well, you know.

> Flopping
> Over a million views from box-havers in an increasingly online demographic
> 2nd Ranked for March 11th
> Lowest demographic is still higher than most of the top 50's lowest
You'd have another 50k from online views, but most online viewers,
A: aren't going to deal with Adult Swim's slow streaming service.
B: watch shows when it's convenient for them, not when it premieres; as is the nature of a on-demand service.

idk how you could tally up the online viewers accurately, but I'd bet they'd collectively add another 50%, if you counted everyone who watched it within 3-5 days of release.

After the rampant success of MLP idk why producers are still fighting the internet.

SAMURAI JACK DID NOT SAVE TOONAMI.
Agk got a higher rating when it premiered, that's it, Toonami is over.

>#2 ranking
is relative to the % of 18-49 aged viewers, not the total viewership.
1.5 million is still fucking excellent for a Saturday night though. that's higher than all Gumball episodes and crying rock show episodes in their current seasons so far

who knew an adult skewed vanity project continuing an unpopular children show from 15 years ago would do well at it's 11PM Saturday time slot.

>unpopular children show

(You)

> Green across the board except for the 50+ crowd
> 2nd on the list
> Despite being an 11pm showing on Saturday Night

> This is a flop

Do you even check your evidence to see if it supports your argument before you post it.

> Taylor made

Ah yes, I see now. It's so clear. Your problem is that you're an idiot.

Jesus, JoJo was at 900k last week and the week before. Now It's under 700k.

WTF? And DBS/DBZ being under a million? Did people only stick around for Jack and then turn off their tvs?

>show people quality western animation for 22 minutes
>suddenly they can't stomach jap schlock

Who knew Jack could fix shit taste in one night

>jap schlock
Jack and JoJo are the same thing when you get down to it.

Uh, no.

Uh, yes?

Wait that wasn't a rerun of Jojo? I could have sworn Battle Tendency finished forever ago

>18-49 demographic doesn't matter

The 18-49 Male Demographic is literally THE advertising demo. It's the fucking golden goose; the one advertisers crave more than any other. 1 million of 18-49 Male is worth 5 million of anyone else.

No.

Nigga we finnna hit Part 5 this fall, Part 2 finished like 3 familams ago bruh.

>Nigga we finnna hit Part 5 this fall
Sorce?

Describe the premise of Samurai Jack, including the shows structure and general content.

The dub's been done for like a year, but it hasn't finished airing on Toonami yet.

I meant the dub
I remember watching the last scene of BT dubbed on Youtube like a year ago just to see if the VAs were trash

>Jojobrony comparing his cancer to Jack

New delusions each day

JoJo Part 3 (first and second half) and Part 4 were both announced in the middle of the year and debuted near the end.

>JoJobrony
No matter how hard you shill this, it will never be a thing.

Jack is very much so like Part 3 (and i suppose 4 and 7), believe it or not. Not intentionally, but theres apt comparisons.

There aren't, but keep up those Jojobrony delusions your kind or so well known for

Just because you get called a faggot doesnt mean you need to be one, user.

>this show features a character travelling around! IT'S JUST LIKE JOJO!
You're insane.

>Jojobrony

At least come up with something creative like JoDrone you little faggot.

>these two works revolve around well built tall japanese men with unbreakable moral codes and honor travelling the land in pursuit of a dark force capable of time manipulation that threatens the world at large, who along the heroes journey throws colorful, unique, and bizarre assassins their while exploring a world that while familiar in a certain sense is also alien in another and encountering similarly larger than life allies. In the end however, though the day will be won, it will end in tragedy as those close to the hero will suffer and die before he can achieve his goal.

I dont think that user is saying they're literally the same but both work off the same principles and are both interesting because of that.

I figure it's supposed to be like jojabroni

called it

I didn't know Taylor made cartoons. Branching out from guitars I guess.

[Spoiler] Martin > Taylor [/spoiler]

>Challenging sports on the 18+ male demographic
>A failure

CAble is dying and 1 million viewers is damn good especially when that's only on premiere. For perspective only music videos have ever reached a million views in a single day, in all mediums the money isn't on the initial launch, it's the constant pull of reruns. People are talking like Walking Dead is dying too because its only pulling 1-2 million a premiere but forgetting that the show routinely pulls 1-2 million on every rerun as well.

>people actually thought Jack could unseat based Esdeath

>Not playing excursively on superior Fender necks

>only on premier

Traditionally on Toonami the premier is the peak, so it's only down from here

>JoJoBrony

Can you at least keep it in the /Toonami general/ threads you little dumbfuck

Welcome to Sup Forums, where the numbers are made up and everything's a flop.

>Bunsen is a Beast got more viewers

Low energy Genndy. I say it every night, every afternoon, everyday, and it's so true... Samurai Jack is a mess. Genndy is a waste. CN is a big fat mistake. Even a show about Jeb! wouldn't get such low ratings. Sad!

>he thinks that term is unique to Toonami threads

I see it on various boards, mostly Sup Forums

looks like Samurai Meme is the new One Punch Meme, tanking the whole block

At least wait for the actual Toonami thread

You better not start with this.