SAMURAI JACK RATINGS, IT IS A SUCCESS

1,552,000 watched 1st episode.

showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-3-11-2017.html

Samurai Jack is the second show on that table: the demo is the second hightest of the night.

They should kick Tartakovsky off the show so they can renew it for another few seasons.

Season Six confirmed.

No.

>inb4 NO, IT HAS TO HAVE ONE TRILLION VIEWERS TO BE A SUCCESS, GENNDY IS A HACK

That really doesn't sound like much.

I recently saw the Samurai Jack premiere , and apart from being exactly what CN shows always are I felt disgusted with how they treated Japanese culture. I don't know particularly much about said culture, and desu I don't care much about it either

More like more Genndy/[as] work confirmed. Jack is 100% done after this season.

Not sure what I'd want more, though; a totally new made-for-Toonami show from him, or SBT S2.

ANTI-GENNDYFAGS BTFO

>implying I let numbers tell me if I should like something
I'm not a statistician.

Oh shit they could renew it and go a little darker if they wanted.

God, I need SBT S2.

the series is getting it's long over due ending in this season and you think there will be another ???
in a time where networks cancel shows for no reason or put them on hiatus?
shine

No season 5 is the last and after Genndy is done with the series and will move on to something else

Also good news, the other Shitnami shows suffered immensely.

Dexter PG reboot to replace Fox show?

Man, could you imagine what this could mean? Maybe Adult swim will let Genndy make a new action series out of Space ghost, Jonny Quest, the Herculoids, and/or Birdman, or just let him make new stuff.

Fuck off, it's ending. Cunts like you are why we have 12 seasons of IASIP.

>IASIP

What

>I felt disgusted with how they treated Japanese culture. I don't know particularly much about said culture, and desu I don't care much about it either

There's absolutely zero implication of that on the OP, the thread is just informing the episode had a successful showing, you're paranoid.

goddamn it Sup Forums

Will Gendy come back to CN after they fucked with him on Symbiotic Titan?

I want this because it may cement the return of the action genre in cartoons, but Gendy would almost certainly be pushed out again at some point. They all will be eventually.

That being said though.

>Toonami back
>Samurai Jack season 6
>Danny Attunuci Snotrocket Pitch
>AT canceled
>boomerang launching the backcatalogues on they're own version of Netflix

This is quite the development in recent years. Here's hoping the fan pandering continues.

CN is doomed son. Let it wallow in TTG reruns

Whats a five character word for "Die"?

>wanting season six

fuck off

rip in peace Toonami
Jack was supposed to save Toonami
F

Only one of these is right, and it's this thread.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Also, fuck that guy. Season 12 was a huge improvement.

>one piece cancelled

RIP

But it doesn't matter it's just a glorified ending set of episodes. So who cares. It's NOT going to do anything, not even improve Genndy's career or cure Spongebob's creator from that horrible illness while killing Tom Kenny.

>It's NOT going to do anything
It shows Adult Swim that there is an audience for this.

This is the END. This entire thing was so that SJ could END completely. We don't need to to be "revived", we wanted it to be concluded. Let good things rest and let Genndy finish his dream project so he can go do other stuff

AS used to show their ratings for weekend shows, and Family Guy was always the highest at over one million viewers. So this is a damn good showing, what what.

FOOL!

But there isn't.

He's talking about SBT. You know, like the post he's replying to mentioned.

Shine.

Is there anything else they could revive that would have that much of a draw?

unless they go full horror courage the cowardly dog reboot

Adult Swim is run by different people than CN is.

You mean Genndy getting the middle finger from Adam Sandler for more Hotel Transylvania shit? God how does Genndy not grab a knife and give Adam Sandler a circumcision all the way at the base of his dick? He's got a hell of a lot of patience for putting up with that untalented douche.

okay looney

They could do original shows, or pock Korgath pilot, that Genndy worked on.

>korgoth

oh shit i forgot about that.

>It's NOT going to do anything,

Except get million and a half people to watch it, and most of them to buy the inevitable DVD box sets and original show reprints, resulting in a ton of exposure and money for Adult Swim.

But you know, not going to do anything more than that.

>Is there anything else they could revive that would have that much of a draw?
Not really, SJ is a pretty isolated example of something that was both very popular during its run and ended up being prematurely cancelled without a proper conclusion.
Genndy creating an original [AS] cartoon would be fucking awesome though, but it would probably have to wait a couple years while he works on Hotel Transylvania 3 (which he is still slated to direct despite Craig McCracken saying on Twitter that he no longer works at Sony - something might have changed but if so it's not official yet)

I can't believe Scatbot saved Samurai jack.

>all this hate for original shows ITT
what the fuck? Do you people WANT to watch regurgitated reboots forever? Samurai Jack is staying just long enough to end it satisfyingly, I seriously hope Genndy doesn't go back to any more of his shows and only starts new ones, made better for the experience he has.

seriously dont understand this thought process. Let the man create something new, that's the only reason anyone wants to work in entertainment like this

I'd agree, except Sym-Bionic Titan died too soon and a continuation would be wholly welcomed. However I think the government has the rights just like with what happened to Megas (and it never had the chance to be as popular as Samurai Jack) so it can never ever happen

YESSSS

I'm with you, sort of. I hope the best for him after completing Jack, just to see it off. If he wants to make a new show, I might watch it, but I've reached the point where I have different priorities then watching the next up-and-coming TV show.

No, more like 'more adult oriented, possibly 2d, animated action shows."

Aaron Springer, the creator of that show, has his own show in the works at Disney now, so I doubt he'd have the time to go back to a pilot he made a decade ago (plus it was initially scrapped for being "too expensive"). Also there were rumors on here that he'd become religious and denounced Korgoth but his Twitter is still full of odd grotesque drawings of demons and artsy photos (and he's a pretty fucking metal looking guy) so I highly doubt it

How exactly do ratings work?
Samurai Jack got #2 spot but plenty of other shit got more viewers, including Alvin and the Chipmunks... the CGI film

It did better in the target demographic than the other shows. Less individual people saw it, but more people that it was aimed at did.

Going off-topic a bit, having finished second season I am catching up with Samurai Jack, but with its episodic formula it's really hit or miss for me. I enjoy the really good episodes, but Jack Under the Sea or Jack and Woolies aren't really my thing. Jack and Lava Monster and Jack and Blind Archers is my shit, though.

What are must watch episodes for seasons 3 and 4 for me to drive through, in your opinion?

Also, I remember mega links with episodes in good quality being tossed around, please give for seasons 3 and 4 if you have those

It's about the share of target demographic, which is the only thing advertisers and networks care about. Other things did better in overall viewers and with younger/older audiences but SJ did the best with males 12-34 which is who it's marketed towards.
It's why Invader Zim sometimes did pretty good overall numbers but it didn't matter to Nick because much of it was from people over age 12 when their advertisers only care about ages 7-11
This did change a bit with Adventure Time and Gravity Falls proving major profit could come from selling merchandise to a periphery audience which is why CN's cartoons switched to being TV-PG and made for older viewers than before, though with the TTG! oversaturation and lack of play for their other shows it seems whoever's in charge now is deliberately trying to kill that approach

Good riddance

B-But Sup Forums told me it only reached .99 making it a FLOP!

First USA airing, then Japan airing, then garbage manga.

Is there someone this is easily watchable for Canadians or do I just pirate it

ah, it's like Suicide Squad all over again.

>one piece cancelled
For the 3rd time on American television.

I just don't want to get left behind while season 5 is airing.

Even though I disliked episodes I mentioned, visually I think every episode is something to look at.

i don't understand why they can't just sell ads for the new demographic instead of killing a show and trying again

There's always streaming services

>in b4 paying for anime

buy some weed, the show will be better and more engaging and even the mediocre episodes will fly by
Also if you can afford Hulu it's on there in its entirety, along with many CN, [AS], and Nick shows

no... everything doesn't need10+ seasons

3 and 4 honestly have way more hits. They really hit their stride in those seasons in terms of action quality, direction, emotion, animation, and even comedy in some cases.

You're probably going to have everybody say the following are essential though:
>Jack & The Travelling Creatures
>Jack vs The Shinobi
>Birth of Evil
>The Princess & The Bounty Hunters
>Jack vs Aku
>The Tale of X-9
But honestly they are overall better than the first two seasons.

No one wants your ignorant shitposting and retarded questions because you'ra an ADD faggot that can't watch the entire series.
Watch all or kill yourself.

Executives are not smart, animation executives even less so because they typically have no affinity for the medium and don't even have any personal opinions on what's "good" or "bad, to them it's all the same shit and they just look at the numbers and how marketable/profitable something is.

>watching through the show for the first time
>just began season two
>jump good was the only full episode I ever watched as a kid
Most the stories in each episode are pretty rad. I love the soundtrack too, nearly all fight songs are ballin'.

(you)

Early season 1 is easily the low point of the show
I'd say every season 3 and 4 episode is worth watching aside from Jack and the Farting Dragon, Jack is Naked, and Jack and the Winged Prince and Princess

after this success, can the west finally treat adult oriented animation right?

It's all about how well they can capitalize on merchandising with it
If they can sell enough Scaramouch POP figures, shitty 5 dollar statues, pins, and memy t-shirts then maybe, just maybe cartoons can be saved

Any big shift in who you market to is too much change. Not something the money chasers want to risk fucking everything up for. Entertainment execs prefer to play it safe, especially given how expensive animation can get.

>"I wish we were free"
Gosh.

There should be a "baby" in there somwhere.

Well I'll be damned, this is great news.

If it keeps up for the next several episodes, then a season 6 is practically confirmed. Or rather, whatever Genndy plans to create for Adult Swim.

what time did those shows air tho?

>Scaramouche pop figures
user, I will honest to god send you male hookers if you ever put those three words together ever again

I would kill for cool ass figurines though

I can see where you're coming from but I still want more SBT

>not saying babe

someone edit it on there

That's the shitty world we live in, get used to it nerd

SBT was a genuinely boring show, and I'm glad there really isn't enough fan power to bring it back.

Symbionic Titan died an early death, but it'll never have a chance of coming back anyway due to tax write offs. I'll look forward to whatever Genndy plans to do next, especially with the freedom that Adult Swim will offer.

>nerd
I don't know whose pulling my leg anymore

If they really want it, we could get more Samurai Jack covering little individual adventures during the 50 year gap.

Samefag here. Is it ever revealed how far into the future Jack was sent?

If you don't buy the merch you aren't a fan, babe

But I want GOOD merch

Guess we'll just cancel it and pull the show then :^)

No, but most guess that it's 3,000-5,000 years or somewhere between that.

SBT can't come back- it didn't do well enough (due to executive meddling) and thus it was cut and buried as a tax write off.

Only thing to do would either somehow revoke the tax write off (which would probably include paying a lot of money back in lost taxes) or change it so drastically it can safely be considered different that the original, but at that point just make a spiritual successor.

Same sort of shit happened to Megas XLR.

STOP IT

Not going to pretend that I understand the consequences of the tax write off even though it's constantly brought up whenever I mention that I want moar Titan, I still argue that the show had enough viewership and it was the toy line issue that killed it. Tbh even if the tax write off wasn't the largest barrier SBT was never as big as Jack and likely won't get the same resurrection.

At least Megas ended with a proper sendoff.